PDA

View Full Version : Doghouse

zombiekiller
23-Mar-2010, 02:22 AM
was checking amazon for colin and found it plus another zomedy called doghouse. looked it up on youtube and it looks like it might be good.looked it up on netflix and found it. any one see it yet and is it good.

DFy9IPNvLzg

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2010, 10:39 AM
was checking amazon for colin and found it plus another zomedy called doghouse. looked it up on youtube and it looks like it might be good.looked it up on netflix and found it. any one see it yet and is it good.
I saw it at the cinema. If you've seen Evil Aliens, then you should know what type of movie you're gonna get, albeit with a bigger budget, bigger means, and bigger names than Evil Aliens.

It's ideal lads night in fodder, a cheap, fast and brashy slab of blokey horror action. Kinda like a take away meal.

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm all burned out on crappy zombies movies that bill themselves as 'zomedies', which seems like 99% of the fucking zombie films coming out now.

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2010, 07:08 PM
Is it supposed to be a zombie movie? It always felt more like an Evil Dead situation - not zombies, but demon possession of sorts ... or a combination of the two.

I was pleased that Emily Booth was in it though, fellow Brits should know who she is ... she plays the one with the scissors, if memory serves.

Definitely a six pack type movie ... of beer, six pack of beer ... and pizza. That's exactly what it is.

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2010, 07:29 PM
Protip: 93% of all flying zombie attacks are caused by demonic possession of a corpse.

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2010, 07:36 PM
Protip: 93% of all flying zombie attacks are caused by demonic possession of a corpse.
:lol:

Win!

Danny
09-Aug-2012, 06:58 AM
Necroing the first on topic thread for this because i just caught it on netflix and, erm, wheres the rest of it?
The start makes a big deal of 'the woods', shows an arial shot of a small airport or something in the woods and sows some 'meg nut' with a breifcase at some other location and it just ends with them running away on a shopping trolley and fades to black?
dont get me wrong, its a shit lowbrow shaun of the dead anyway, but that ending was piss weak.

Knighty
12-Aug-2012, 07:45 PM
Airport? It was a small town in the middle of nowhere where the women outnumber men (hence the reason they go there) . I enjoyed it when I saw, managed to get a decent mix of comedy in there and considering the director was partly left out of the edit it still retains parts of the plot. In the deleted scenes there was more exposition and reason why the "outbreak" began.
I worked with the stunt choreographer of this yesterday and he was giving me some back story on what happened and budget, for what they had the amount of makeup and effects they pulled off is incredible, especially the story behind the large Lade zombie called bubbles.
I had the "delight" of munching on a prop from the film as well, a half eaten tattood arm that appears in the very first zombies mouth. An honour I'm sure you'll agree ;)

MinionZombie
13-Aug-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah I enjoyed the movie. It's no classic or long lasting meaningful piece of cinema, but it's a good horror romp that I've given a couple of spins. Also - airport? :confused:

Knighty
13-Aug-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the movie. It's no classic or long lasting meaningful piece of cinema, but it's a good horror romp that I've given a couple of spins. Also - airport? :confused:

Someone said airport above and I was correcting :p

Sammich
13-Aug-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought it was pretty good and fits into the "fun movie" category.

Those Brits always find time to make tea no matter what is going on.