PDA

View Full Version : Rock is dead

Danny
24-Mar-2010, 02:14 AM
http://matadornights.com/ny-audience-lets-iggy-pop-crash-to-the-floor-at-carnegie-hall/

We now live in a world were people wont let iggy pop crowd surf.

ARE YOU HAPPY PEOPLE?

your mother and i are very dissapoint.

JDFP
24-Mar-2010, 02:20 AM
Rock is dead. I agree. But if they want my Seger, Meat Loaf, Zeppelin, and Skynyrd records (originals, mind you) I'll pull a Heston and they can come claim them from my cold, dead hands.

I've always been one to prefer the Outlaws myself. Waylon Jennings (my great musical hero), Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Willie Nelson, and the ilk... "contemporary" Country music with that little anorexic Taylor Swift bitch and her kind running around is a slap in the face of these great Outlaws.

I'm going back to my Waylon and my cheap American beer (blessed it be) again now...

j.p.

Danny
24-Mar-2010, 02:24 AM
NO man should ever give his meatloaf albums away, how else could he woo a lady if everything reverted back to 1986?:lol:

JDFP
24-Mar-2010, 02:30 AM
NO man should ever give his meatloaf albums away, how else could he woo a lady if everything reverted back to 1986?:lol:

How right you are, my friend. Reverting back to a time (the 80's) when music still had passion and meaning, as opposed to the asinine shit that professes itself as "music" today...

j.p.

SymphonicX
25-Mar-2010, 07:57 AM
I dunno, there's some great rock and metal around nowdays, you just gotta find it....its more underground but true rock still exists it's just not in stadiums anymore.

Tricky
25-Mar-2010, 09:20 AM
Im going to see Airbourne a week on saturday, watch any of their live shows on youtube & you'll see rock is still very much alive with those lads. Yes they sound very much like AC/DC, but their tracks are their own & AC/DC must be due to retire soon anyway so Im happy a band like them are carrying the torch! They look the part on stage & theres no shortage of crowd surfing! :D

EvilNed
25-Mar-2010, 10:32 AM
Gotta agree with Symphony here. I'm not Rock fan, really, but I listen to some new music. Alot of it is good. You just gotta learn to weed out the shit. I'd imagine it would be the same for rock, no?

bassman
25-Mar-2010, 11:45 AM
You just gotta learn to weed out the shit.

This is always the case no matter what decade you're talking about. This "80's was the best time for music" is just, as mike would say, looking through rose colored glasses.

Tricky
25-Mar-2010, 11:55 AM
Gotta agree with Symphony here. I'm not Rock fan, really, but I listen to some new music. Alot of it is good. You just gotta learn to weed out the shit. I'd imagine it would be the same for rock, no?

What kind of tunes you into then Ned? Im into all sorts really, rock, hard dance, indie, hard house, the odd bit of metal, and a lot of 60's/70's era stuff!