View Full Version : The "tolerant" left

thxleo
24-Mar-2010, 01:18 PM
I can't stand a lot of provocative liberal commentators and speakers, such as Arianna Huffington, Paul Begala, or basically anyone on MSNBC. However, I would never attempt to stop them from speaking.

http://www.canada.com/Coulter+event+shut+down+security+concerns/2718231/story.html

EvilNed
24-Mar-2010, 01:42 PM
Good to know.

Danny
24-Mar-2010, 02:13 PM
I would have assumed so.

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2010, 02:30 PM
political leanings aside, ann coulter has got to be one of the most condescending, hateful, snide, and incendiary personalities out there when it comes to political commentators. every time i hear her open her mouth, regardless of where i stand on the issues she speaks of (and i do agree with her views on some issues), i can't help but think: "oi! what a total bitch!"

Danny
24-Mar-2010, 02:45 PM
political leanings aside, ann coulter has got to be one of the most condescending, hateful, snide, and incendiary personalities out there when it comes to political commentators. every time i hear her open her mouth, regardless of where i stand on the issues she speaks of (and i do agree with her views on some issues), i can't help but think: "oi! what a total bitch!"

I think its mad nowadays that you still get people who think there AREN'T any retards/psychos/crazies on "their side". no matter which side you pick, pepsi or coke, you get crazy people on either one who are sure they are right and will stick fingers in there ears rather than concede anything, lest they appear weak in the popularity contests and not be allowed to eat at the cool table at lunch, of course.

EvilNed
24-Mar-2010, 04:08 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind it if freedom of speech applied to everyone - except Ann Cuntier. Even if for only out of spite.

darth los
24-Mar-2010, 04:22 PM
Cuntier.

I only use that word in the most appropriate of situations. This is one of them.

Good show ! :thumbsup:

:cool:

Exatreides
24-Mar-2010, 04:27 PM
I really really hate her.

I bet she's infuriated right now, especially after the Dems finally managed to pass some health care reform.

I'm sure she'll write a book calling us godless or somethi...oh she already did?

SymphonicX
24-Mar-2010, 05:52 PM

I saw her pics on the failblog, having no exposure to her before that, and was absolutely shocked at some of the vile, disgusting and downright stupid things that have left that woman's mouth.

She's foul, a complete waste of space and from what I've read, just one more rung on the shit ladder to hell.

Seriously how can anyone call this woman a political "commentator"? Her comments are puerile, ignorant, and just plain ridiculous.

I really resent the idea that the notion of freedom of speech gives you the right to say whatever complete and absolute crap that comes into your head at any moment. Just because you have the right to say this stuff, doesn't mean you should without really considering what those words actually mean in the first place, and with people like Coulter, I think we can safely say she doesn't have the slightest fuckin' clue about anything she says.

People like her should be relegated to the depths of the seediest tabloids at very best.

Purge
24-Mar-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm a Conservative myself, and I happen to be of the opinion that she's a sexually frustrated attention-whore who's just out to make money. If I want true Conservative principles, I turn to people like Pat Buchanan.

Exatreides
24-Mar-2010, 11:09 PM
I think they made a masters of horror episode just about her.

With zombies to boot.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Mar-2010, 12:18 AM
I am left leaning and let me tell you how TOLERANT I am...

I am so Tolerant that given the OK I would line up every single republican who voted NO on health care and caused a fiasco for the last year and smack the living shit out of them and remind them they were elected to serve American and its citizens not the special interests.

Party of No has become the PARTY of assholes.

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 12:32 AM
Well, I can't say I'm surprised at most of the responses here. There were some truly deep and well articulated thoughts brought to the table. :rolleyes:
The responses prove my point about the true "tolerance" of the left, which is this - if you don't like what the opposition says then just hurl mindless insults and shout them down.

Exatreides
25-Mar-2010, 01:28 AM
Was the right tolerant when they yelled Nigger and Fagot at US Congressmen?

Was the Right tolerant when they threw money at Parkinson patients?

Was the right tolerant when they held up pictures of Obama dressed up as Hitler.

Has Glen Beck ever been tolerant?

I refuse to be tolerant to the party of no, I refuse to be tolerant of people who claim the president of the united states is not a citizen. I refuse to be tolerant of racist hate mongering fox news loving ass holes.

And I refuse to be tolerant of ann coulter ever.

Why should I be? We won :elol:

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 01:47 AM
Was the right tolerant when they yelled Nigger and Fagot at US Congressmen?

Was the Right tolerant when they threw money at Parkinson patients?

Was the right tolerant when they held up pictures of Obama dressed up as Hitler.

Has Glen Beck ever been tolerant?

I refuse to be tolerant to the party of no, I refuse to be tolerant of people who claim the president of the united states is not a citizen. I refuse to be tolerant of racist hate mongering fox news loving ass holes.

And I refuse to be tolerant of ann coulter ever.

Nigger accusations? There is no audio, video or even a witness in the crowd that backs up the claim by John Lewis. Nothing has been brought forward to prove their claims that I've seen.

Tell me what Glenn Beck is so intolerant of? Who has Glenn Beck stopped from speaking?

Again, you prove my point. You stoop to nasty insults rather than discussing the topic with me. You can't.

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 01:51 AM
I am left leaning and let me tell you how TOLERANT I am...

I am so Tolerant that given the OK I would line up every single republican who voted NO on health care and caused a fiasco for the last year and smack the living shit out of them and remind them they were elected to serve American and its citizens not the special interests.

Party of No has become the PARTY of assholes.

Alright, J., come by and smack me then. You'll have an opportunity to get one good hit in but I can guarantee you you'll only get the one chance. After that, it will get messy.

Yes, Congress is elected to represent the people. And, when 68% of Americans are against a government potential take-over of health-care, then those in Congress who refuse to listen to their constituency have failed. And that is exactly what the Democrats did in passing H.R. 3590 and H.R. 4872 which is against the majority of Americans.

You're welcome to call me an ass-hole for my political persuasion and ideology. I welcome the fact that we live in a country where we are granted the right to express our thoughts on such matters. However, to say that the members of Congress who ensured (chalk-full of special interests to make sure that Obama received those 216 votes by giving kick-backs to them) the passing of H.R. 3590 could not be further from the truth.

I completely agree that we need health care reform. I agree that there needs to be major changes. However, H.R. 3590 will only ensure greater cost and overhead in the long run (the C.B.O. report did not take this into consideration when factoring in their "Savings"). The passing of this bill was a smack in the face of the will of Americans, and for this, the liberals that ensured the passing of this bill will have their comeuppance come November of this year, and I for one (yelling the "Kill this bill!" along with many other million Americans) will be there to cheer the return to a Congress who will listen to American voters better come November.

j.p.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Enjoy it while you can, come November I predict a major change in the inhabitants of Congress. There will be a major shift in politics and the persuasion of the masses with the next election due to the majority of Congress refusing to listen to the will of voters in passing H.R. 3590/4872.

I give major kudos to the 34 Democrats who refused to give into the kick-backs promised by the Obama administration in actually voting for the will of their constituents. It's good to know that at least some of the "blue dog Democrats" are still listening to some capacity.

j.p.

Exatreides
25-Mar-2010, 02:17 AM
I highly predict that once the 32 million Americans start to see the benefits of their new coverage the loses won't be nearly as bad as you think.

It's damn near impossible that it can get overturned even if the pubs take the house back. Giving people something then taking it away is not going to be popular at all. The only thing the republicans have done with this whole thing is prove that they are the party of no.

No idea's

No suggestions

Only bull headed opposition.

No future.

Don't forget a large portion of those 68% said they didn't want it because it didn't do ENOUGH with healthcare.

Sure maybe 7 out of ten people don't like my Gin and Tonic, but that could be because 3 of them simply want more Gin.

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 02:58 AM
It's damn near impossible that it can get overturned even if the pubs take the house back. Giving people something then taking it away is not going to be popular at all. The only thing the republicans have done with this whole thing is prove that they are the party of no.

No idea's

No suggestions

Only bull headed opposition.

No future.

It doesn't have to be overturned. If it's not funded through the budget, it is successfully stricken. It may still be on the books as valid legislation, but unless the funding is available then it is not worth the writing that is on the page. Second, there is the Constitutional aspect of enforcing Americans to purchase health care (citing the 10th Amendment). Does Congress have the constitutional ability to enforce Americans to purchase a product in health care insurance? I guarantee that we will see this in the Supreme Court in many of the states that have filed suit against the federal government for the passing of this bill.

Whether people like the idea or not, Health Care Insurance is NOT a right for people. It is a privilege. I believe that all Americans should have viable access to this privilege as long as they can help support the infrastructure of it through their work (as I do), but it is certainly not a right.

The thought that the Republicans have had "NO" input or consideration in passing health care legislation/changes is just bologna. "No ideas / no suggestions". Not true. I recommend you read up on the matter more before stating such a thing. The Empowering Patients First Act (H.R. 3400), was legislation brought into Congress by Republicans. There is also the Improving Health Care for All Americans Act, Medical Rights and Reform Act, and many, MANY, other reforms that have been brought forth to Congress as valid alternatives to this 1.3 TRILLION dollar H.R. 3592 that has now been brought into play.

The problem, and this was addressed in great detail by Republicans when they brought out many of these points during parliamentary inquiry during the House vote on H.R. 3592, was that the Democrats in control (ahem, currently) have refused to consider any type of discussion on the matter with their Republican colleagues.

You don't have to agree with Republican legislative ideology and policies (just as I don't with Democratic ones), but to flat-out state that there were no viable alternatives or plans put into play by the Republican plat form is just outright false.

j.p.

Exatreides
25-Mar-2010, 03:11 AM
Obama care actually ended up being remarkably close to "Romney care" in Massachusetts.

The constitution thing is hogwash, The same argument was used when Social Security and Medicare were established. Both were determined to be fine by the Supreme court.

I'm sure the 1.05 TRILLION(and still rising) dollars that the gov (Started by the republicans) have spent on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could have easily paid for it.

If Socialized Medicine is so bad, then why do we give it to our veterans? Wouldn't a system of vouchers to private care and hospitals been a better idea?

Well.. unless you're in the national guard like me and only get 10 years of care even if you're deployed

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 03:24 AM
The constitution thing is hogwash, The same argument was used when Social Security and Medicare were established. Both were determined to be fine by the Supreme court.

I'm sure the 1.05 TRILLION(and still rising) dollars that the gov (Started by the republicans) have spent on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could have easily paid for it.

To your first point: It's not the same ball-game. Social Security and Medicare are not enforced under penalty to citizens (in toto). There are exemptions to Social Security under certain statutes as well. And, technically, the people that put into Social Security are really getting back (over a life of work) what they put into it. It's also not a product that you are enforcing people to purchase. You're not really taking anything from me (enforced) if I'm getting it back when I retire. The major issue, that you are referring to, is going to be the Commerce Clause of the 10th Amendment. Regardless, it will be damned entertaining to see how it all plays out in the long run. And it's not just "hogwash" (see: Printz V. United States, United States V. Lopez, etc.).

As far as your second paragraph, sorry, I'm not going to play along with this diversion. We can have a different topic on funding for military actions and D.O.D. allocations elsewhere, but that's switching the discussion to another argument all together. I give you kudos on the attempt though! :p

j.p.

Publius
25-Mar-2010, 04:52 AM
I highly predict that once the 32 million Americans start to see the benefits of their new coverage the loses won't be nearly as bad as you think.

Sure many of the 32 million who don't have insurance now will be happy about their newfound benefits. Take money away from some people and give it to others and you can almost always count on the support of the recipients. But some of these will be young people who currently don't pay for medical insurance and don't use medical services, and in the future will be forced to pay for medical insurance while still not using medical services. Don't count on them all being enthusiastic about that. Also, the 85% of people who already have medical insurance might be somewhat less than thrilled about the higher premiums headed their way.

Obama care actually ended up being remarkably close to "Romney care" in Massachusetts.

Yes, RomneyCare. Exhibit A for my point about higher medical premiums on the way.

And the Supreme Court never gets anything wrong. Ask Dred Scott.

If Socialized Medicine is so bad, then why do we give it to our veterans? Wouldn't a system of vouchers to private care and hospitals been a better idea?

Probably so.

SymphonicX
25-Mar-2010, 07:45 AM
Well, I can't say I'm surprised at most of the responses here. There were some truly deep and well articulated thoughts brought to the table. :rolleyes:
The responses prove my point about the true "tolerance" of the left, which is this - if you don't like what the opposition says then just hurl mindless insults and shout them down.

Wait a sec....how can you criticise people for essentially not tolerating intolerance....

This woman is VILE. Have you read some of the shit she's said? Borderline xenophobic, homophobic, fascist lies....you expect the "tolerant left" to sit back and not argue these points down when they are so obviously pathetic?

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 12:45 PM
Wait a sec....how can you criticise people for essentially not tolerating intolerance....

This woman is VILE. Have you read some of the shit she's said? Borderline xenophobic, homophobic, fascist lies....you expect the "tolerant left" to sit back and not argue these points down when they are so obviously pathetic?

When you take away someone's opportunity to speak that's not a good thing. Are you saying it is? The left didn't argue against her, they stopped her all together. That's fascist.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Mar-2010, 01:03 PM
When you take away someone's opportunity to speak that's not a good thing. Are you saying it is? The left didn't argue against her, they stopped her all together. That's fascist.

Considering who she is I can't blame them from stopping her, and since she was in Canada and not the US their Freedom of Speech laws are not the same, so for her to cry Freedom of Speech is utterly ridiculous, she of all people should know better.

I am glad they shut her down. She needs to shut up and go crawl in a hole, or maybe vivid can offer her and plain a contract and we can see some girl on girl action, but otherwise the only time I wanna see her mouth open is when it is sucking on my dick. :p

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 01:12 PM
Considering who she is I can't blame them from stopping her, and since she was in Canada and not the US their Freedom of Speech laws are not the same, so for her to cry Freedom of Speech is utterly ridiculous, she of all people should know better.

I am glad they shut her down. She needs to shut up and go crawl in a hole, or maybe vivid can offer her and plain a contract and we can see some girl on girl action, but otherwise the only time I wanna see her mouth open is when it is sucking on my dick. :p

That's not correct, Gary. http://www.uottawa.ca/constitutional-law/expression.html
As for you being glad, that makes you a fascist. Apparently you don't even realize that.
And your last comment, pure class on your part. Feel free to post something that does not contain crude comments every once in a while, okay?

SymphonicX
25-Mar-2010, 01:34 PM

Come on man, that's disingenuous.

Danny
25-Mar-2010, 02:20 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Fgsfds_sparta_300.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/?action=view&current=Fgsfds_sparta_300.jpg)

No ones trolling yet, but come on folks, lets have a politics thread thats forgotten and not locked by kaoz. I have faith in you that this can be done.

60/40 right now.

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 02:39 PM

Interesting that you feel so passionate against Ann Coulter for expressing her opinion as a commentator when she has no Congressional power to enact new legislation. However, we have people like Ted Kennedy who was a murderer who did have an influence on passing legislation and while you may find him "less vile" for what he says, I think the fact that he got away with murder makes him far, far more vile than Coulter expressing her ideas (however you may feel about her thoughts).

Second, I think if we're going to start censoring people we should begin with that bloated bumbling Barney Frank, Harry Reid, and Satan herself -- Nancy Pelosi. Not only do these people tell horrendous lies but they are leading America on a path of socialistic downfall. In my opinion, those with this ability to enact legislation that are extremists are far more dangerous than anything Coulter could state. For that matter, she's a great deal more intelligent than any of the other folks I just mentioned, and for others here to compare her to an adult actress is sexist and utterly contemptable to me.

I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions as a "commentator" for their beliefs no matter how awful I find their opinions. I do have a problem with extremists who are more than commentators enacting their opinion through legislative practices. People like Ann Coulter on one side of the fencing yelling her, some may say, extremist rhetoric is one thing, people like Reid, Pelosi, Frank, and their ilk having the ability to shape our lives through their actions while yelling their extremist rhetoric and enforcing their radical ideas is quite another thing all together.

j.p.

SymphonicX
25-Mar-2010, 04:25 PM
What is it with this taboo of the word socialism?

What were you all taught in school that's brainwashed you so much against this word??

Sorry that's not meant beligerantly, and I don't want to open a debate about the merits of healthcare - I'm just perplexed at how some of you see the word socialism as so completely vile and evil.

Why is it such a dirty word?
Was it all those posters of the kid sitting in front of napster with the slogan "napster is communism"??

Honestly I love you guys, especially those members on the board. I love how America gets involved in politics, but I will never, ever, ever understand some of you on the right. You are some weird cookies.

darth los
25-Mar-2010, 05:03 PM

Exactly.

Deep freudian issues friend.

Some people just can't be talked to. That's what wars are for.

Whatever your stance, things can't keep going like this in this country. It looks like it's getting uglier by the day.

And the statement that Americans get involved in politics is actually the antitheis of what really goes on. Non involvement in the political process is exactly why these assholes get away with what they do. No oversight, no accountability.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Mar-2010, 05:17 PM

What were you all taught in school that's brainwashed you so much against this word??

Sorry that's not meant beligerantly, and I don't want to open a debate about the merits of healthcare - I'm just perplexed at how some of you see the word socialism as so completely vile and evil.

Was it all those posters of the kid sitting in front of napster with the slogan "napster is communism"??

Honestly I love you guys, especially those members on the board. I love how America gets involved in politics, but I will never, ever, ever understand some of you on the right. You are some weird cookies.

Its something in the cookies that make some of these people make me shake my head.

I really don't understand why socialism is regarded as taboo. Communism I can understand, but socialism?

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 05:23 PM

And I am truly perplexed at how people are brain-washed into believing that Socialism is somehow a "good" thing for society as well as perplexed at how any rational human being could accept that this could possibly work in any industrial society. One tenant of socialism is the nationalization of the means of production of a State. This, of course, is a terrible idea as the government has never had any leadership abilities to compete with the Capitalist free-market of private enterprise. The leadership of the State just cannot compare to the leadership of the private sector. If anything along these lines was attempted to be implemented we'd have another disaster far worse than any of the piss-poor management of the Social Security Administration and Veteran's Affairs.

Per Wikipedia some Socialists prefer "State Control through a Free Market". Are you intentionally attempting to make me laugh, Wikipedia? This is a pipe dream. You can't tie a man's hands for success and then say: "Do your best!" What is a man's/woman's motivation for succeeding if there is no reward / no benefit to his/her struggle? A man with no purpose is one of the greatest tragedies out there.

How about looking at Libertarian Socialism (isn't that any oxymoron?): Direct collective control by the people (at least the people in charge, ahem). Yes, the notion of Collectivism under Stalin and Mao's programmes worked extremely well for the people of the Soviet Union and China, didn't they? This is another pipe dream. It doesn't work, and it gives merit to insanity like Lysenkoism which if implemented on a collectivist level leads to mass starvation. The only thing worse than bad politics is bad science mixed with it.

Furthermore, Socialism as a political philosophy is morally reprehensible to me. Any political ideology that puts the "good of the people" above the rights and liberties of the individual is not acceptable. Every individual should have the ability to grow and accomplish through their hard work and growth. This IS the essence of the American dream. The very notion of Socialism is anethma to the individual in stating that no matter how hard you work, no matter how much you struggle, it doesn't ultimately matter in the long run as a matter of personal success and accomplishment -- your needs will always be secondary to the "masses". And, this just doesn't work. There will always be a vanguard, an elite, an intelligentsia , Party Members, Politburo, in any society that will refuse to only be another "comrade" in the collective. It's human nature to want to rise above the 'norm' in society, Socialism tries to snuff this out ignoring the very nature of humans, American free-market Capitalism rewards this by individual success.

So yes, Socialism is vile because it's inhumane in diminishing the importance of the individual. It's dangerous because it's disasterous in knowing how far a society can go in ignoring individual liberties and freedoms for "the good of the people" instead. It's also incompatable with economic systems -- it's inefficient and it just doesn't work.

j.p.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Mar-2010, 05:31 PM
And I am truly perplexed at how people are brain-washed into believing that Socialism is somehow a "good" thing for society as well as perplexed at how any rational human being could accept that this could possibly work in any industrial society. One tenant of socialism is the nationalization of the means of production of a State. This, of course, is a terrible idea as the government has never had any leadership abilities to compete with the Capitalist free-market of private enterprise. The leadership of the State just cannot compare to the leadership of the private sector. If anything along these lines was attempted to be implemented we'd have another disaster far worse than any of the piss-poor management of the Social Security Administration and Veteran's Affairs.

Per Wikipedia some Socialists prefer "State Control through a Free Market". Are you intentionally attempting to make me laugh, Wikipedia? This is a pipe dream. You can't tie a man's hands for success and then say: "Do your best!" What is a man's/woman's motivation for succeeding if there is no reward / no benefit to his/her struggle? A man with no purpose is one of the greatest tragedies out there.

How about looking at Libertarian Socialism (isn't that any oxymoron?): Direct collective control by the people (at least the people in charge, ahem). Yes, the notion of Collectivism under Stalin and Mao's programmes worked extremely well for the people of the Soviet Union and China, didn't they? This is another pipe dream. It doesn't work, and it gives merit to insanity like Lysenkoism which if implemented on a collectivist level leads to mass starvation. The only thing worse than bad politics is bad science mixed with it.

Furthermore, Socialism as a political philosophy is morally reprehensible to me. Any political ideology that puts the "good of the people" above the rights and liberties of the individual is not acceptable. Every individual should have the ability to grow and accomplish through their hard work and growth. This IS the essence of the American dream. The very notion of Socialism is anethma to the individual in stating that no matter how hard you work, no matter how much you struggle, it doesn't ultimately matter in the long run as a matter of personal success and accomplishment -- your needs will always be secondary to the "masses". And, this just doesn't work. There will always be a vanguard, an elite, an intelligentsia , Party Members, Politburo, in any society that will refuse to only be another "comrade" in the collective. It's human nature to want to rise above the 'norm' in society, Socialism tries to snuff this out ignoring the very nature of humans, American free-market Capitalism rewards this by individual success.

So yes, Socialism is vile because it's inhumane in diminishing the importance of the individual. It's dangerous because it's disasterous in knowing how far a society can go in ignoring individual liberties and freedoms for "the good of the people" instead. It's also incompatable with economic systems -- it's inefficient and it just doesn't work.

j.p.

Ummm, we already do that now. Any law enacted by the US government, and plenty of them from republicans and democrats already do exactly this, so in a sense America is already a socialist nation

JDFP
25-Mar-2010, 05:37 PM
Ummm, we already do that now. Any law enacted by the US government, and plenty of them from republicans and democrats already do exactly this, so in a sense America is already a socialist nation

Oh, there's certainly some pee in the swimming pool of America. But we're still mostly a free-market Capitalist society with some safe-guards put into place. The further we place government into control of our lives though, the more Americans start relying on the government as opposed to their own hard-work and family, the more we go down this path then we will eventually reach a point where America stops being America.

We haven't reached that point yet, and I pray (along with many other hard-working Americans) that we continue to fight against the lunacy.

j.p.

darth los
25-Mar-2010, 06:47 PM
A tell tale sign of a right winger seems to be their general meaness toward those less fortunate than them or that disagree with them.

They like to talk down to others in a condecending matter as well. This is not even my opinion, it's my observation simply from reading the posts of right wingers on these bards alone. Go ahead and pull them up for yourselves.

Big reason why most of them are my ignore list.

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2010, 07:23 PM
We're veering into he said/she said waters again.

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh, there's certainly some pee in the swimming pool of America. But we're still mostly a free-market Capitalist society with some safe-guards put into place. The further we place government into control of our lives though, the more Americans start relying on the government as opposed to their own hard-work and family, the more we go down this path then we will eventually reach a point where America stops being America.

We haven't reached that point yet, and I pray (along with many other hard-working Americans) that we continue to fight against the lunacy.

j.p.

You are wasting your time, j.p. There are obviously a large amount of people out there that want to be controlled and taken care of rather than doing it for themselves. The term useful idiots comes to mind right away.
People that think like we do are "weird" because we actually prefer less government. Go figure.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Mar-2010, 09:26 PM
You are wasting your time, j.p. There are obviously a large amount of people out there that want to be controlled and taken care of rather than doing it for themselves. The term useful idiots comes to mind right away.
People that think like we do are "weird" because we actually prefer less government. Go figure.

Less Government... Really????

And how do you describe the most interfering government law, THE PATRIOT ACT, ever enacted by REPUBLICANS????

Thats right, THE PATRIOT ACT... How soon we forget how the BUSH Administration wanted all these checks and balances in the name of safety and terrorism... BS it was to track the general populace, and don't try and say otherwise because they have been caught spying and listening to conversations by everyday americans with ZERO links to terrorism.

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 09:56 PM
Less Government... Really????

And how do you describe the most interfering government law, THE PATRIOT ACT, ever enacted by REPUBLICANS????

Thats right, THE PATRIOT ACT... How soon we forget how the BUSH Administration wanted all these checks and balances in the name of safety and terrorism... BS it was to track the general populace, and don't try and say otherwise because they have been caught spying and listening to conversations by everyday americans with ZERO links to terrorism.

I'm glad that they tried to catch more potential threats to our security. How did the Patriot Act affect your life, Gary? In fact, who do you know that was thrown in jail because of the Patriot Act? Who do you know whose life was destroyed because of the Patriot Act? I don't know anyone, who knows anyone, who knows anyone that knows anyone that was affected by the Patriot Act! Your responses are always predictable and asinine. I'm surprised you didn't throw a vulgarity in there as well. I'm sure that was a herculean effort for you.

BillyRay
25-Mar-2010, 10:06 PM
Actually, Leo, I have a good friend who was 'investigated' by Homeland Security - his records, house and reputation got trashed in the process - because an aquaintance with an axe to grind called his name in to the authorities.

Took him years to recover his business and assets. So it does happen.

I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in this argument, but I just wanted you to know that the Patriot Act has had it's victims. Just sayin'.

clanglee
25-Mar-2010, 10:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Now what America really needs is a new party to rise up and make the arguments interesting.

thxleo
25-Mar-2010, 10:12 PM
Actually, Leo, I have a good friend who was 'investigated' by Homeland Security - his records, house and reputation got trashed in the process - because an aquaintance with an axe to grind called his name in to the authorities.

Took him years to recover his business and assets. So it does happen.

I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in this argument, but I just wanted you to know that the Patriot Act has had it's victims. Just sayin'.

I knew that someone would post something like this. I must hang out with a better crowd of folks, because no one in my family or any friend I know has ever had a problem. And I've never met a soul that has ever known anyone that has had a problem with Homeland Security. I'm willing to bet though that there will be numerous posts from the peanut gallery with horror stories. Funny how that works?

clanglee
25-Mar-2010, 10:24 PM
better crowd of folks

talk about class!!!

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Leo, insulting someone's friends is not the way to win friends and influence people.

SRP76
25-Mar-2010, 10:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Now what America really needs is a new party to rise up and make the arguments interesting.

Vote for me for President in 2012, and I'll show you all the new party you want.

Kaos
25-Mar-2010, 11:07 PM
This horse has been beaten to death then run over with a steam roller. Thread closed.