PDA

View Full Version : x-box question

fartpants
25-Mar-2010, 07:52 PM
just a quickie (oo-er) can you play original x-box games on the 360, i asked in my local game shop and they started talking about patches and stuff and totally lost me, so can someone tell me in words i can understand.....

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2010, 07:56 PM
You can play some old school XBox games on your 360, but you should check to see if the ones you're interested in are playable (google it).

Andy
25-Mar-2010, 07:58 PM
As far as im aware you can play most original xbox games on a 360 but microsoft has legal issues with some of them and so their not compatible.

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2010, 08:12 PM
As far as im aware you can play most original xbox games on a 360 but microsoft has legal issues with some of them and so their not compatible.
And your Xbox360 needs a hard-drive on it in order to play them, so I've read.

Speaking of Xbox games, I loved me a bit of PGR2 - racing around Edinburgh was kick ass.

Danny
25-Mar-2010, 08:33 PM
not many, varies by region but on average a modest collection has 5 that work. but by next week or the week after none will work online and i'm not sure if that goes for making anymore backwards compatible either, the list hasnt been updated in years, and some they say are compatible ARENT.

ive even put games in, been told they need an update to play on a 360, downloaded the update and told this is not currently playable on this system.:mad:

bassman
25-Mar-2010, 09:35 PM
most of my Xbox games wont work on my 360. It starts telling me to hook up to LIVE gold in order to get the patch. THEN it will be payable. After they suck more money out of you.

FUCK MICROSOFT. That is all.

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, the only Xbox games that matter (Shenmue II and Ninja Gaiden Black) are compatable.

Danny
25-Mar-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, the only Xbox games that matter (Shenmue II and Ninja Gaiden Black) are compatable.

-and silent hill 2 and panzer dragoon orta.;)

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2010, 10:52 AM
Well I would certainly hope that 360 games are properly compatible with the next Xbox console.

bassman
26-Mar-2010, 02:16 PM
Well I would certainly hope that 360 games are properly compatible with the next Xbox console.

Sure...they will be. For $49.99.:mad:

Danny
26-Mar-2010, 02:24 PM
most of my Xbox games wont work on my 360. It starts telling me to hook up to LIVE gold in order to get the patch. THEN it will be payable. After they suck more money out of you.

FUCK MICROSOFT. That is all.

see, thats fucked. say what you want about the ps3's lack of connectivity, it kinda sucks, no headset in the bundles ect. BUT the free online lets you buy games on the store, want metal gear solid? done, final fantasy 8? done? and there expanding it to ps2 and dreamcast games, kinda ironically, and its the thing to do. if a game wont work on the old format, sell em.

But of course buying a playstation game costs £3, buying an xbox game? i think i paid £25 for fable on the games on demand.