26-Mar-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/26/dennis.hopper/index.html?hpt=T2

LouCipherr
26-Mar-2010, 07:04 PM
Ya think he'll be picking his nose at the event? :lol:

I could not resist. :D

bassman
26-Mar-2010, 07:04 PM
Not that he doesn't deserve it, but it kinda makes you wonder if they're only doing it because he's about to die....

darth los
26-Mar-2010, 07:13 PM
You mean to tell me he didn't have one already !?!

This deserves a spell out.

What.

the.

Fuck.

:cool:

AcesandEights
26-Mar-2010, 07:30 PM
He just needed to do that GAR project and *Bam* he gets his star ;)

darth los
26-Mar-2010, 07:53 PM
He just needed to do that GAR project and *Bam* he gets his star ;)

Now that you bring his name up, does Gar have one?

bassman
26-Mar-2010, 07:54 PM

I think he's probably too anti-hollywood to get one...

Rancid Carcass
26-Mar-2010, 08:17 PM

I think he's probably too anti-hollywood to get one...

If ever there was a man destined to get one posthumously it's our George, unfortunately. :(

DjfunkmasterG
28-Mar-2010, 11:53 AM
DENNIS at the walk of fame ceremony.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100326/i/r3590493507.jpg?x=290&y=345&q=85&sig=9KoAKxMCwIoxK9_eya_rSw--

blind2d
28-Mar-2010, 05:08 PM
"To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough." -DH
Good news, yes. All around cool guy.

AcesandEights
29-Mar-2010, 02:12 AM
Wow, the guy looks like he's been through the wringer :(

DjfunkmasterG
29-Mar-2010, 01:49 PM
Prostrate cancer will do that to you, plus all the treatment... oi.

darth los
29-Mar-2010, 02:19 PM
Prostrate cancer will do that to you, plus all the treatment... oi.

Wow, I didn't realize that. :(

I was going to comment on his appearance as well.

I can say one thing though. A man that age that can battle that disease and comes out on top has an insanely strong constitution.

bassman
29-Mar-2010, 02:57 PM
I can say one thing though. A man that age that can battle that disease and comes out on top has an insanely strong constitution.

I agree with you, but in Hooper's case I think he's f*cked. I believe when it was first announced the doctors said he's not going to make it. The treatments are basically just a shot in the dark.:(

darth los
29-Mar-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree with you, but in Hooper's case I think he's f*cked. I believe when it was first announced the doctors said he's not going to make it. The treatments are basically just a shot in the dark.:(

That's fucked man. All kidding aside, from everything I've seen and read and what people say about him he's a really cool dude.

I even read that he and Gar used to reminisce about the 60's and stuff during the filming of land. Fuck a convention, what i would have paid to be a fly on the wall during those bonding sessions.

rongravy
04-Apr-2010, 03:35 PM
You mean to tell me he didn't have one already !?!

This deserves a spell out.

What.

the.

Fuck.

This reminds me of when I was in Hollylolly once walking and checking out the stars. I stopped at John Tesh's. I dunno when he got it, but this was in 99.
WTF indeed.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Apr-2010, 02:16 PM
NEWS UPDATE - HOPPER TO PAY EX WIFE $12,000/mo in support

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/05/dennis.hopper.divorce/index.html

AcesandEights
06-Apr-2010, 02:20 PM
Hopper's lawyer argued that the actor, 73, is a desperately sick man whose death may be hastened by living near his wife.

Ain't that the truth for all of us?

darth los
06-Apr-2010, 04:51 PM
Ain't that the truth for all of us?

Women don't wanna hear it but someone has to tell em'.

Thnx aces. Better you than me. :D :p

This reminds me of when I was in Hollylolly once walking and checking out the stars. I stopped at John Tesh's. I dunno when he got it, but this was in 99.
WTF indeed.

Proof positive that, just like the oscars, it's a mutual blow job soiety.

And as we all know Gar never wanted any part of their little club. I've always said that if he had played ball and was a better businessman he'd have an empire on par with Lucas'.

Why not? The man basically created a horror sub genre comparable with mainstays like vampires and werewolves. What's so hard to believe about that? It's just that the he has never been cut out for the business aspect of it.

BillyRay
06-Apr-2010, 05:14 PM
And as we all know Gar never wanted any part of their little club. I've always said that if he had played ball and was a better businessman he'd have an empire on par with Lucas'.

Why not? The man basically created a horror sub genre comparable with mainstays like vampires and werewolves. What's so hard to believe about that? It's just that the he has never been cut out for the business aspect of it.

Maybe so, but I doubt that Gar's films would have moved as many units of action figures & Underoos as Lucas's Hidden Fortress did.

As much of a phenomenon as the Living Dead genre has become, You can hardly market it to the yuppie larva of suburban parents.

darth los
06-Apr-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe so, but I doubt that Gar's films would have moved as many units of action figures & Underoos as Lucas's Hidden Fortress did.

As much of a phenomenon as the Living Dead genre has become, You can hardly market it to the yuppie larva of suburban parents.

Vampires and werewolves don't seem to be doing to badly when it comes to selling various items and paraphenalia do they?

And over the last decade there has been no movie monster more lucrative than zombies. If the godfather of the genre would have handled his business he would be reaping the rewards of all of that.

BillyRay
06-Apr-2010, 06:40 PM
Vampires and werewolves don't seem to be doing to badly when it comes to selling various items and paraphenalia do they?

Yeah, but that's been more or less a steady thing since the Universal Monsters of the 1930's. Granted, those monsters (and let's throw in Frankenstein & the Mummy) had a brief dip in popularity with the rise of the Slasher Film in the 70's-80's, but they've always had a certain marketability to the kids that Gar's cannibal corpses never quite had.

And over the last decade there has been no movie monster more lucrative than zombies. If the godfather of the genre would have handled his business he would be reaping the rewards of all of that.

But that's really only been over the past decade or so. With the rise in the collectables/toys for grown-ups market, you can sell all sorts of things related to all sorts of properties. Hell, that's what kept Doctor Who & Star Wars on the radar when no new shows/movies were being made.

I'll agree that Gar could have had a bit more control over his creation, but the "blame" would probably go back to the copyright kafuffle over NOTLD. Either way, until the modern collectable market began, there was no real outlet for merchandising zombies to the obvious market - kids.

darth los
06-Apr-2010, 07:22 PM
I'll agree that Gar could have had a bit more control over his creation, but the "blame" would probably go back to the copyright kafuffle over NOTLD.

Atleast we agree on something. He was probably on some wicked shrooms at the time. :lol:

BillyRay
06-Apr-2010, 07:29 PM
Atleast we agree on something. He was probably on some wicked shrooms at the time. :lol:

Hey Los, we agree on @ 90% of things posted 'round here.

Along that note...I'll concur on the shrooms. :D