PDA

View Full Version : Any comments on Kick-Ass yet?

Neil
29-Mar-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be seeing it next week...

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2010, 04:47 PM
I'll be seeing it next week...
As will I.

I've heard it's "despicable filth" and 'all the more fun because of it'. :D

(Paraphrasing from something I saw on Melon Farmers).

Oh and Total Film gave it 4/5. :)

Danny
29-Mar-2010, 05:02 PM
i read the comics and it felt like it was made purely to be adapted to a film and make money and that fact was always prevalent and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
If its anything like the comic expect things like beheadings and use of words like cunt purely because its a no-no word situation, not because its got any merit to it in the scene.

bassman
29-Mar-2010, 05:05 PM
If its anything like the comic expect things like beheadings and use of words like cunt purely because its a no-no word situation

Yeah....there's a clip I've seen with hit girl dropping the c-bomb. Kinda freaked me out to see such a little kid saying it...

Danny
29-Mar-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah....there's a clip I've seen with hit girl dropping the c-bomb. Kinda freaked me out to see such a little kid saying it...

thats to make them seem edgy and "teh ard'cores":rolleyes:

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2010, 09:43 AM
*sighs at hellsing*

Anyway, only the first two issues of the comic had been written when the movie started getting worked on, and indeed they ended up all working as a group - Millar, Vaughn and Goldman.

Vaughn couldn't find funding anywhere in Hollywood, and ended up financing it independently with his own money as well as various famous backers with fat wallets (such as Brad Pitt, if memory serves) and gathered $50m to make it ... there was then an absolute bidding war after a preview scene did extremely well with an audience.

It's not supposed to be Watchmen ... hell, this is a comic from the same guy who had people bending bullets in Wanted ... and it's called "Kick Ass", for crying out loud.

mista_mo
30-Mar-2010, 10:59 AM
They should have named the film "Sucks Ass".

Danny
30-Mar-2010, 11:01 AM
They should have named the film "Sucks Ass".

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

Neil
07-Apr-2010, 08:43 AM
Watched it last night and really enjoyed it...

Also found out my mates cousin used to go out with Aaron Johnson when he lived here (locally)... Can't believe now, at the age of 20, he engaged to a 43yr old who expecting his first kid!

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2010, 09:58 AM
Glad you dug it, Neil.

I absolutely loved it (will blog about it later sometime). I thought the action sequences in the second half were really well put together - brutal, tense, tightly edited, well choreographed, entertaining and even shocking.

Plus that Lyndsay Fonseca is a bit of alright. ;)