View Full Version : Anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares?

JDFP
07-Apr-2010, 08:11 PM
Ever since I've been little (probably after seeing NOTLD for the first time) I've regularly had some absolutely messed up zombie dreams. Usually I forget them soon after I have them, but I usually have some really atmospheric music happening in my head during these nightmares as well (it's like Goblin is doing the soundtrack to my nightmare, wicked).

I couldn't tell you any real specifics off the top of my head right now from any of these dreams/nightmares but I know I usually have a good zombie nightmare about once a month or so (quite regularly). Usually I'll have one of those: "Hey, I'm having a dream" moments during it, but there are times I can remember waking up thanking God that I'm in my bed under my comforter and it was just an awful, and vivid, dream. I'm not going to lie though, some of these nightmares really freak me out... but I think the subconscious really helps us prepare for worst case scenerio situations in real life by putting us into imagined situations in our dreams/nightmares. Jung would probably have something interesting to say on it (ego and sub-ego and all that). I used to have some really intense nuclear war nightmares too (and still do, although much less frequently).

Anyway, anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares? If so, don't be shy. Speak up, you'll make those of us who do feel a little less crazy.

j.p.

AcesandEights
07-Apr-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, I have zombie dreams from time to time, definitely more since I've been posting here :shifty:

I definitely remember one I had a few years back now, probably, that had me trying to secure the mall local to my hometown with a bunch of other survivors. At the time it was very realistic and it's the realistic ones that are, of course, scary as hell.

I also remember one zombie dream that I was having ages and ages ago during a period in my life when I was having lucid dreams fairly regularly and able to exercise some nice, conscious control over them. I decided I wasn't in the mood for being chased around in a pulse-pounding fashion by zombies for who knows how long and just ended the dream by tossing myself into a raving mob of them...fade to black and the dream was nicely over and done :D I wish I still had lucid dreams...

Usually my zombie dreams aren't too intense or realistic, thankfully, and I often enjoy trying to pick out the hazy details after the fact.

krakenslayer
07-Apr-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't think I've ever had any specifically "zombie" dreams but I guess I have had nightmares where I am forced to fight against some sort of adversary, and wake up without remembering too many details on what, why or who. Zombie dreams are probably along the same lines, I suppose.

paranoid101
07-Apr-2010, 08:47 PM
Nope real world more scary tbh

Leeloo
07-Apr-2010, 08:50 PM
I used to have the worst nightmares when I was a girl. After I watched Day, I was terrified to go to sleep at night. I made sure that I slept with my window open a crack so that if a zombie broke in, I could jump out the window quickly. I woke up screaming a couple of times and insisted that I sleep with a piece of wood that I could use as a club. After a few nights of me gripping it so tight that I got splinters in my hand, my dad sanded it down so that I wouldn't get splinters anymore.

So, I bet that makes you feel a little less crazy, eh? That is why I was banned from watching horror movies again for years. I was only 9 then, so my fear was understandable.

A more recent zombie dream I had was pretty scary. I was in a greenhouse and they were all pressed up against the glass looking at me. There was no way out....

AcesandEights
07-Apr-2010, 08:50 PM
Nope real world more scary tbh

You're just being...paranoid ;)

BillyRay
07-Apr-2010, 09:04 PM
Man I WISH I got zombie nightmares...

When I started out with the puppet show, I was hopin' for some choice zombie nightmares. Or puppet nightmares. Or zombie puppet nightmares.

Nope. Nada. Nuthin'.

However, I did have a nightmare where I grabbed a kitchen knife and cut my cat like a sack of beans. Now that scared the @#$ out of me...

krakenslayer
07-Apr-2010, 10:02 PM
A more recent zombie dream I had was pretty scary. I was in a greenhouse and they were all pressed up against the glass looking at me. There was no way out....

That is a pretty awesome/terrifying image!

Leeloo
07-Apr-2010, 10:14 PM
That is a pretty awesome/terrifying image!

It was pretty terrifying. That is all I remember about it though. Got the plans for a greenhouse in the works right now, so I know that is what brought it on.

clanglee
08-Apr-2010, 12:06 AM
I used to have very bad zombie nightmares when I was a kid. Some wierd ones set at my grandmother's house I remember pretty vividly. I think I really became a zombie movie fan when the dreams ceased to be scary. I actually started to enjoy the zombie dreams. . . is that weird?

SRP76
08-Apr-2010, 05:06 AM
I have a zombie nightmare about once a week.

I posted all about one on here awhile back; it's the one where some hobo tried to stab me for trying to get paid for being on a body-disposal crew.

Ghost Of War
08-Apr-2010, 12:24 PM
I often have zombies make an appearance in my dreams. Most of the time they're not really what I'm dreaming about, they're just there.

major jay
08-Apr-2010, 12:27 PM
I've only had one, and it happened shortly after I found this site. They had me trapped on a mezzanine, but they were so slow moving and weak that they couldn't react fast enough to bite me so I just walked right by them. :lol:

Marie
08-Apr-2010, 12:59 PM
I've posted this before, but here it is.

I used to have what I call seige dreams. I was trapped in a house surronded be zombies. Then one night, knowing I was dreaming, I steped out of the house to confront them.

They actually got upset and demanded that I get back in the house! I just walked off laughing.

M_

Wyldwraith
08-Apr-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes,
Have two types of zombie dreams. First are the hazy yet creepy dreams, short on details, but something really grisly always happens to wake me up with my heart pounding. Then the grisly ending is all I can clearly remember.

The second kind are much worse. Will have detailed, full-color vivid complex scenario-dreams that seem so real that when I start to wake up for about a minute I'm not sure whether it was a dream or a memory. Thankfully the second type are less common by far than the first.

Yes, I've had nightmares so realistic that upon awakening I've armed myself with a loaded handgun and gone to check the doors and windows, while flipping on outside lights to peer out into the night and make sure zombies aren't staggering across the lawn towards my house.

Of late I've been having an unusually large number of monstrous home-invasion type dreams, many of which feature zombies surrounding and breaking in to my indefensible home. They got much more common after a tweaked out freak actually broke in three months ago while I was home alone. Got into a scuffle with the guy and hurt him bad, but he never made a sound besides the light huffing exhalation when he tossed me over the back of the loveseat one-handed. For weeks afterward I replayed the entire scene in my mind every time I tried to sleep or finally fell asleep. Much of what bothered me was the great strength he exhibited in a casual way, and his total insensitivity to pain.

Ie: Guy grabbed me around the midsection and lifted me up while squeezing me hard enough to make me want to puke. Didn't twitch or make a sound when I cupped my hands and clapped his ears solidly. I felt suction, so I know I messed up his ears, but I might as well have clapped a statue. A forearm to the nose resulted in a running bloody nose, but his grip didn't slacken. Finally he just tossed me away.

Anyways, yes. Have had lots of extreme dreams of the type you mention. Not ashamed to admit that recently I talked my mother into letting me bring my .45 home from where I'd been storing it at my uncle's place. (She hates handguns, but relented for my sake after the home attack). The lockbox containing my gun sits on my bedroom dresser right next to the bed (locked), but the key is on the same chain as my Hexagram of Solomon around my neck.

Paranoid? Absolutely. But I believe if you're going to deal with the complications and dangers bringing a gun into one's home entails, that gun should be increasing your sense of security/safety in your home. (Which mine does for me). Since bringing it home the dream-replays have lessened, and my hyper-vivid nightmares/false quasi-memories have slackened off as well.

*Note: I do not advocate or recommend keeping privately owned firearms outside secured cases/lockboxes/gun safes when said weapons are not in use. Just mentioned it because of the obvious effect it had on my rate of nightmares.

Legion2213
08-Apr-2010, 03:23 PM
I have them now and then...one of the worst involved me being cornered by by a horde, I was sort of hanging from a few wooden beams...they couldn't get me, but I couldn't get away...I kept wanting to try and make a break for it but kept bottling it. Another bad thing about it was that one of them was a woman who was more of a witch than a zed, she kept mocking me. :(

Danny
08-Apr-2010, 03:52 PM
Nope, i only ever get good dreams, once i had a nightmare when i was little and being a stand alone event it really stuck with me. I was in a mall called the octagon center, i didnt know it well then, but later i did since it was the mall across the road from my college, and it had a big octagon shaped atrium with a 2nd floor that had in the middle a big gold and glass elevator. it wasnt lifted by cables, it was a pole type piston jobbie and i distinctly remember in the dream i was small, being about 6 or 7 at the time, looking up at my grandma who took me and my brother into the lift during some christmas shopping and the lift shut with my shoelace in it and they didnt notice that the elevator started to move up but i was being pulled down and my legs where being crushed.
My mom said she ran in hearing my scream in the night like i never have before or since and still thinking about it makes me shiver, probably where i got a fear of heights from growing up. Funnily enough the elevator in question never bugged me and according to a guy who works there its actually never had a fault in the 25 years its been running, even once, just goes to show the weird stuff the brian makes up when your not at the helm.

-though now that i think about it i remember something after watching 28 days later when i had a fever, but that was more a running, action movie dream than actually scary.

bassman
08-Apr-2010, 04:13 PM
Haven't had a nightmare in quite some time. The last zombie nightmare involved me running into an apartment complex to find a drunken Romero complaining that it's all his fault. Then he was eaten and I ran away. Frightening, isn't it?:confused:

JDFP
08-Apr-2010, 04:57 PM
Haven't had a nightmare in quite some time. The last zombie nightmare involved me running into an apartment complex to find a drunken Romero complaining that it's all his fault. Then he was eaten and I ran away. Frightening, isn't it?:confused:

That's actually a fairly entertaining dream. It makes you wonder if Romero has a zombie "back-up plan" in case it actually happened on what he would do if the dead walked (surely the godfather of zombies has a good plan mapped out, you would think?).

I wonder if Romero ever has zombie nightmares...

j.p.

BillyRay
08-Apr-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if Romero ever has zombie nightmares...

If he does, I bet they have to do with him wanting to do other stories besides zombies, being forced to crank out another zombie film, then being panned by the press and the fans because he didn't create another masterpiece....:D

Trin
08-Apr-2010, 05:36 PM
I have dreams about fighting zombies, and sometimes they're really realistic and scary, but to call them nightmares implies they are not super cool. Mine are totally fun, scary, and intense. And sometimes I survive - sometimes I don't. They always get the blood pumping.

So one time I was thrashing around in my sleep and my wife decided to wake me up. I was having a zombie dream all right. I woke up and said, "What'd you do that for? I was winning!!" I was really pissed that she woke me up.

AcesandEights
08-Apr-2010, 05:40 PM
I have dreams about fighting zombies, and sometimes they're really realistic and scary, but to call them nightmares implies they are not super cool.

Someone meme this pronto!

Hellsing?! Mo?!

Ghost Of War
08-Apr-2010, 09:56 PM
I dream about werewolves more than zombies. This thread reminded me of a dream I had when I was young, I think I'd watched that werewolf film with Oliver Reed in, and that night I had a dream about a werewolf that was on the TV, but it was on every channel, freaked me the fuck out. Had loads of dreams about werewolves. I even had one where there was a team of werewolves playing basketball against a team of zombies in my back garden.

This thread also reminded me of a zombie dream I had recently. I was in a building which was kind of like my secondary school, but it had all these secret passages, and zombies had taken over. We still had to go to classes, but had to use the secret passages to get there, and while we were in class there were zombies trying to get into the classroom. Next thing I'm in a massive field with zombies either side of me, but they were behind a wire fence. I had to ride a motorbike past them, but it kept breaking down. I think I woke up and went for a piss then. Dreams are freaky.

JDFP
08-Apr-2010, 10:29 PM
Had loads of dreams about werewolves. I even had one where there was a team of werewolves playing basketball against a team of zombies in my back garden.

I've got $20 on the werewolves...

:D

j.p.

Danny
08-Apr-2010, 10:43 PM
Someone meme this pronto!

Hellsing?! Mo?!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1270766069265.jpg

FEELS BAD MAN

Wyldwraith
08-Apr-2010, 11:57 PM
Hmm,
Other than the obviously implied reasons, I wonder why hyper-vivid frightening predation/being hunted-type dreams are so common?

I mean if you believe some of the pundits here, we're separated by an insurmountable gulf of time from the thoughts, reactions and feelings of our primitive ancestors, and it certainly isn't anything most of us actually experience in reality...

Is the "genetic memory" of being prey/competing with fellow predators really so strong that we relive it some nights? If so, what determines whether or not a dream will be hazy/abstract, hyper-vivid/realistic, or lucid "Oh I know I'm dreaming"?

One of my most frightening dreams was vaguely similar to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. I dream I wake up in a basement, the smell of vomit, piss and old sweat gaggingly thick in the air. My head has a golfball sized knot on the back of it, and I find myself going up the basement stairs and out into a commercial building-type lobby to get some fresh air, but the place looks like WW-III was fought inside it. I find a dead security guard with his pistol still in its holster and immediately liberate the entire belt and cinch it around my waist, then check the magazine of the 9mm. Finding it full, I pick up the Maglite lying next to his body (dunno why, there's bright light shining in every window), and cautiously slip out the front door.

The street in front of the building I woke up in looks like a snapshot of the LA riots. Overturned & crashed vehicles, including multi-car pileups and many vehicles just abandoned with doors open and some of these with streaks of blood on the windshield or driver's side windows. Small fires are smoldering here and there, and the air reeks of burnt tire and burning oil/unidentified car fluids. The buildings looks relatively untouched, but here and there there's a vehicle crashed through a large store window, or a broken glass door.

So at this point I normally focus obsessively on the near-total lack of noise. Other than the odd pop or hiss from a smoldering fire, or the rare fragment of glass falling out of broken windows/doors once in a great while there's NOTHING. No vehicle sounds, no voices, no machinery...notta. Not even a damned dog barking or pigeon cooing. No sign of any either, which I ALWAYS find nearly inconceivable (as anyone who's ever lived in a large city would. Pigeons are as endemic as flies on shit)

Then the dream usually shifts up-tempo a bit. I hear something moving somewhere deep inside one or two of the buildings whose open yawning doors I pass, but instead of thinking something like "Hey, maybe I should call out. Could be someone who can tell me WTH IS GOING ON", or "Maybe I should go try and find who's making that noise?" I don't so much have a concrete thought so much as an overwhelming feeling, screaming at me that I do NOT WANT TO BE NOTICED. The rustling, crunch of broken glass, squeak of doors moving gets more common as I pick up the pace and pass more buildings, but still don't see anything. I reach a large intersection full of mangled cars and long lines of abandoned cars stretching off into the distance down each of the 4 streets meeting. Always end up going straight ahead, and slightly uphill (no clue why)...

After an indeterminate amount of walking I'm passing a large motionless/abandoned vehicle (sometimes a van, sometimes a commercial truck, sometimes a big rig.) Basically anything you'd have to make an effort to look in and see the entire interior. Inevitably there's a strange-ass sound from inside. Strange enough I'm always completely confused/baffled as to what/who is making the sound. Sometimes its a sort of gurgling hiss, sometimes a mewling congested noise, sometimes a low growl or even a quiet whimper + sobbing-like noise.

Of course I crane my head to look inside, more curious than on edge. The sound is just so damned strange I'm like "What the HELL is making that noise?" The windows are always rolled most of the way up, with just about an inch/inch and a half at the top open. That's when the fucked up, bulging-eyed, fish-belly white with tear-like streaks of dried blood at the corners of the eyes, ears, nose and mouth face smacks itself against the glass, pressing up against it like a kid pressing their face against glass to look inside somewhere. For some reason the slightly familiar motion and slightly mashed pressed-against-the-glass face freaks me out more than how screwed up the face is. I just stand there like an idiot for a couple of seconds. Until the "screwed up guy" starts smacking his head against the glass, over and over and over until it starts to crack. No grasping pounding or clawing hands, no major body movements, just the side of the head hitting the glass with a solid meaty kind of thud almost in a rough beat.

That's when I always notice "the guy" is buckled in his seatbelt, and is flailing and kicking uselessly, unable to figure out how to free him/itself. That's when I start hearing a major chorus of similar sounds. Several dozen heads hitting windshields and side windows. Many mewling, gagging, hacking and wheezing noises all mixed together. I of course bolt, but always remember passing a plump black woman sawing her neck back and forth on the broken glass of the driver's side windows. Her skin's chalky and the huge uneven gashes in her neck and chin aren't bleeding. That's usually when I hit a dead run.

Normally the dream sort of fast forwards here a bit. Not enough to break the sense of it being real. Just a vague impression of running a long time down the road, chorus of freaky noises and being afraid. Then I find myself on the fringes of a conflict between what looks like a few gangbangers + cops + 1-2 guys in army fatigues and several dozen/a hundred zombies of all shapes/ages/sizes.

The carnage is awful. I always gag, sometimes so vividly I wake up sort of heaving. If I don't wake up though I find several of the zombies start staggering towards me, and an overweight white or latino cop shouts at me to get my ass over to them and help. I crash into a couple of zombies, feel my balls try to crawl up into my body cavity as I can FEEL clammy slimy cold hands grasping at me, with one or two getting a half-assed grip momentum carries me out of, until finally I get to the wooden sawhorses they're using to create a crude perimeter, put one hand on the top and vault it like the chain-link fences we use to jump in my old neighborhood all the time (everyone's back and most of the front yards were surrounded by them).

The battle isn't cool, it isn't fun, can feel the heavy cue-ball in my stomach. Have to keep wiping my hands on my shirt so I don't drop my gun, and almost have a heart attack from my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest the first time shaking hands have to change to a fresh clip.

Sometimes (rarely) at that point I realize I'm dreaming. If so I sorta have a sick sort of fun with whats happening until I'm inevitably confronted with what would be a fatal endgame and wake just before I'd get killed. More often I don't and this desperate, frantic-ass battle in which I'm being sustained by my furious frustration with the idiot gangbanger shooting their pistols sideways, and the cops insisting on pumping round after round into the oncoming zombies torsos, despite me and the 1-2 military guys yelling at them to shoot them in the head, and demonstrating only headshots drop them.

Finally we're almost completely surrounded, my bullets are more than half-gone, all the gangbangers and half the cops have been dragged over the barricade and the zombies begin fighting over the still-alive victims who are screaming/begging/crying for help...which switches to begging for us to kill them in a few seconds.

One of the military guys generally yells at me and the handful of other survivors to run for the Pawn Shop a bit down the street. He wedges a grenade next to a car's gastank by the flap over the nozzle-entry and pulls the pin, then runs like hell to catch up with us. The car explodes, the guy goes down, (not sure if its the force of the explosion or cuz something hit him fragment-wise or something)...but he gets dogpiled before he can get to his feet. The other military guy wants to go back for him, but the couple of cops hold him back. Between the zombies swarming the bodies at the barricade, those holding their arms up as if protecting their faces from the flames of the car and backing off from it, and the few on our side of the burning car being occupied eating the military guy, we manage to get into the pawn shop without just "busting a window" like one of the cops suggest, then lock it up behind us.

Normally the dream ends here, if not it goes on and on in this vein. Or it switches to me trying to get home, no matter how insane that is.

So thats my hyper-vivid zombie dream.

Publius
09-Apr-2010, 09:45 AM
That's actually a fairly entertaining dream. It makes you wonder if Romero has a zombie "back-up plan" in case it actually happened on what he would do if the dead walked (surely the godfather of zombies has a good plan mapped out, you would think?).

Easy. Since he wrote the rulebook on zombies, he just included a rule that says "zombies do not like the taste of George Romeros" and didn't tell us about it.
:D

AcesandEights
09-Apr-2010, 03:07 PM
This thread reminds me of another one we had on here where a member told a very vivid military-inspired dream about his roof top insertion into a building during a zombie outbreak and it later came out on the boards that this member was not actually in the military (long story) and I always wondered if dream was a lie, as well.

Anyway, I did a quick search and found these threads about the topic, in case anyone wanted to read more zombie dreams ('cause let's face it, this is a cool topic) or reminisce:

The Thread I was thinking about (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=6620&highlight=zombie+dream)

Rightwing401's "Craziest Zombie Dream" (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=8409&highlight=zombie+dream)

Philly_Swat's "Dawn Inspired Dream" (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=7095&highlight=zombie+dream) (MissJacksonCA and a few other add in some of their dreams, as well)

sgrosses' Atlanta Zombie dream (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=6666&highlight=zombie+dream)

An MZ zombie Dream (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=4321&highlight=zombie+dream) (also Hellsing discussing the 28DL themed dream he mentioned in his post earlier in this thread)

Danny
09-Apr-2010, 10:09 PM
An MZ zombie Dream (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=4321&highlight=zombie+dream) (also Hellsing discussing the 28DL themed dream he mentioned in his post earlier in this thread)

Which gets swiftly derailed by me and cap talkin' about darleks. :lol:

Trin
13-Apr-2010, 04:05 PM
I have zombie nightmares. Just look at my face. You can tell I have terrible zombie nightmares.

AcesandEights
13-Apr-2010, 04:12 PM
I have zombie nightmares. Just look at my face. You can tell I have terrible zombie nightmares.

The only thing I see is an 'amused' sun glass wearing smirking smiley face.
<----over there at the bottom of the last page!

zombieparanoia
20-Apr-2010, 12:42 AM
I get zombie dreams all the time. lots of variety, some early stages of the rise, some are fleeing cities with a group, sometimes just me in a overrun world. Varying degrees of armed, sometimes I'm cocked locked and ready to rock, sometimes I'm desperately looking for something more dangerous than a wiffle bat. Always very vivid.

This has led me to factor zombies into all kinds of weird things in my life, like where I live. I always, always when assessing a new place for how much I like it examine its zombie defensibility, are there ground floor windows etc, stair construction, which way doors open, roof access blah blah blah. I often think that if a zombie uprising happened instead of going for a siege and hold or flee and hide strategy I would try to be proactive and seek out zombies to kill them to minimize buildup later on. To this end i think that intead of shooting them in the head or trying to destroy the brain I would set traps that would render many of them less of a threat such as 'nets" of tires of milkcrates zapstrapped together or sets of those winching straps you get from hardware stores between vehicles or lightposts at halfway up calf height in areas of high walking traffic. Zombies are like old people, they lack the reflexes to protect themselves in a fall and as such receive immobilizing injuries from even a relatively minor fall, if there is a crowd they would either fall on top of others or trample over them.

For getting rid of them i would likely use guns if possible but otherwise use a long shovel or machete and just strike for the neck, sever the spinal column and move on, forget the need for penetrating the skull etc.

clanglee
20-Apr-2010, 01:14 AM
The only thing I see is an 'amused' sun glass wearing smirking smiley face.
<----over there at the bottom of the last page!

Yeah Trin!!!! I'm gonna have to demand an avatar from you. How long must I be forced to stare at this blank space? Hmmm? Hmmmm? It's just lazy man. . . just lazy. ;)

Neil
20-Apr-2010, 08:17 AM
Ever since I've been little (probably after seeing NOTLD for the first time) I've regularly had some absolutely messed up zombie dreams. Usually I forget them soon after I have them, but I usually have some really atmospheric music happening in my head during these nightmares as well (it's like Goblin is doing the soundtrack to my nightmare, wicked).

I couldn't tell you any real specifics off the top of my head right now from any of these dreams/nightmares but I know I usually have a good zombie nightmare about once a month or so (quite regularly). Usually I'll have one of those: "Hey, I'm having a dream" moments during it, but there are times I can remember waking up thanking God that I'm in my bed under my comforter and it was just an awful, and vivid, dream. I'm not going to lie though, some of these nightmares really freak me out... but I think the subconscious really helps us prepare for worst case scenerio situations in real life by putting us into imagined situations in our dreams/nightmares. Jung would probably have something interesting to say on it (ego and sub-ego and all that). I used to have some really intense nuclear war nightmares too (and still do, although much less frequently).

Anyway, anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares? If so, don't be shy. Speak up, you'll make those of us who do feel a little less crazy.

j.p.
When I was younger I'd have loads of very intense/vivid dreams. These easily accounted for most of my nightmares and the like...

As I've grown older I very rarely have (or remember) my dreams :(

Every now and then some zombies will pop up, but not very often...

Trin
20-Apr-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah Trin!!!! I'm gonna have to demand an avatar from you. How long must I be forced to stare at this blank space? Hmmm? Hmmmm? It's just lazy man. . . just lazy. ;)
<----- There... one of my fav Dead characters.

And all new signature to match.
VVV

DjfunkmasterG
20-Apr-2010, 02:31 PM
Everytime I have a zombie dream I make it ap part of my screenplays. Since I am gearing up to do Deadlands 3 I have been having tons of dreams based ont he screenplay for the film which has given me insight on how to shoot it.

I would say I have had a lot of zombie dreams recently after a dry spell of about 10 years where I went without a single one, but since 28 days later... they have been pretty regular now.

clanglee
20-Apr-2010, 07:29 PM
<----- There... one of my fav Dead characters.

And all new signature to match.
VVV

I am satisfied. . . .:D

Trin
22-Apr-2010, 01:58 PM
I am satisfied. . . .:D
I've been known to have that effect.

60% of the time I work every time.

Billythezombie
22-Apr-2010, 04:47 PM
I have definitely had zombie dreams. I wouldn't call them nightmares anymore, Due to the fact that I have them on a regular basis. I guess zombies manifest themselves in our dreams because it's what we fear generally. But some zombie dreams can be fun ^.^

clanglee
23-Apr-2010, 12:43 AM
I've been known to have that effect.

As Shirley here can attest to.

http://www.tiptoland.com/pics/embarrassed.jpg

Trin
23-Apr-2010, 01:52 AM
Truly it's a blessing... and a curse.

Thorn
29-Apr-2010, 02:11 PM
I used to have almost nightly dreams about zombies from the time I was young up until I was around 26. I am 38 presently.

I still have the occasional dream but nowhere near the volume I used to have, before it was an issue that interrupted my sleep and haunted me on a regular basis.

I think this was in part why I developed the fascination I did for the films and the genre.

Now when I have them it is almost like an old friend you bump into after not seeing in quite sometime, they are still scary but when I wake up I am glad I had them.

sian
29-Apr-2010, 02:24 PM
I get zombie nightmares... especially if i have just watched a zombie film lol. Infected nightmares are the worst... they are fast running and genuinely terrifying... i went through a stage where i planed where i would go if a zombie epidemic ever occurred (i say 'went' :p)

Thorn
30-Apr-2010, 01:10 PM
We have kind of discussed before our plans for a zombie apocalypse and a lot of us seem to have the need to plan out "what we would do if" at some point after entering a new place to work, shop, or live. I used to do it immediately upon entering any place at all but now it is something that pops up eventually just not always right away.

Fighting Artist
08-Dec-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't even know if I should be on here being I may have more bad dreams but I actually JUST had one and that's why i'm here.

My dreams all started in this plainland type of area, took place in maybe 2000-2005 (not sure). In this old house that may have been built in the 1890's. It was this old ladys house who had ofcourse died of the infection and was put down. I had a few other guys with me that I didn't even know and we were scouting the backyard woods for zombies. These woods were Very dark when it was night, also very foggy. You could barely even begin to see 5 feet ahead of you. It was also VERY swampy so you could hear anything around you from a radius. Me and a couple of the guys ran into a silent horde of zombies and we were sort of startled by them and they were startled by us, so Yes. They started chasing us....As I was making it back to the house in the foggy night, i had come to realize that a few zombie straglers found the house and were already limping their way towards the house all across the yard. I bolted to the door and up the stairs, smashing the front door shut and locking it making sure they couldnt get in with ease. aabout 5 minutes later the military showed up blaring with sirens (The type of siren that sounds like a tornado warning). *From here this is where the dream got really vivid and scary fro me* The zombies slowly picked up rifles and and shot aimlessly towards the military. (Just imagine a WHOLE CROWD of zombies firing rifles. Looked like a bunch of overly large fire crackers going off nonstop and your hope just disappearing right before your eyes) That part of the dream ended when they stopped shooting...

Another part took place in a small 2 floor jewlery store. It was pretty lit up with white wall and floors with bright lights. Surprisingly, the entrance to the store was only an exit out into a dark alleyway crawling with zombies. I had my 3 year old baby sister with me and a few other survivors. I'm not to sure with happened but every other light blew out in the store while I was on the top floor. (The windows of the stores were as high as the ceiling and as low as floor.) At the same time, zombies were smashed against the window pains and ended up busting through. I had to fight my way into the alleyway because it was over run and that part of the dream ended there...

I have more to my dream (I remember so much of it) but I can't keep typing lol, but it involves my baby sister getting bitten and having to put her down, not a pretty sight...

All I have to say is, Thank god it was a dream

DEAD BEAT
10-Dec-2012, 10:21 PM

j.p.

I've had regular wet dreams? :clown:

Not the same thing? ookie dokie! ;)

JonOfTheShred
13-Dec-2012, 09:03 AM
I remember reading some article about a scientific study proving that cheese caused zombie dreams. Nope, they didn't say nightmares. They didn't say dreams with horror themes. LITERALLY, FLAT OUT zombie dreams. I am sure it wasn't an Onion article, either. I can't seem to find it now.

Thorn
14-Dec-2012, 01:59 AM

j.p.

I have been having them my entire life, since I was a young lad... less these days but every now and again they pop back up.

facestabber
22-Dec-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes and I love it. I love waking up covered in sweat. I want to fall back asleep and rejoin the dream. I have had some epic zombie dreams that felt friggin real. One reoccuring problem though is my guns wont fire. I pull the trigger and nothing. My girlfriend thinks Im nuts for enjoying them. I have turned her into a zombie fan. Though she curses me for making her a fan when she wakes up scared from a zombie dream.

kaushalsingh
22-Dec-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't but i think may be after this post,I am definitely going to one !!:D

zomtom
28-Dec-2012, 06:18 AM
I have zombie dreams all of the time. It's almost like being in a good episode of The Walking Dead. It pisses me off when I wake up. I actually try to get back to sleep and get back into that dream. However, I have one zombie nightmare that still scares the hell out of me. I have it every so often. Basically, it's me running around in those dark tunnels from Day of the Dead and the bastards are waiting around every corner. When I wake up from that one, I'm usually a sweaty mess. Needless to say, I usually have trouble falling back to sleep afterward. Jeez, just writing about this will probably bring that one on tonight!!

babomb
08-Jan-2013, 09:22 PM
I have them. Not real frequently, maybe once every few months. I've always had real vivid dreams regardless of the type, most I don't remember, as is usually the case with everyone. But a few times a month I have very vivid dreams that I do remember. Not usually zombie related.
I had one last week. It wasn't a real zombie type dream. Took place at work, and all these people were turning, but they weren't dangerous at all. A long journey through the snow ensued, and we found ourselves at various hotel rooms, collecting food that all I can compare it to is chocolate chip cookie dough that comes in the plastic tube. I know it was a zombie dream, but it wasn't really like a zombie dream. Not freaky or eerie in any way, just one of those stupid nonsensical dreams.
I posted about this very thing a few months ago.
I had a zombie dream that a there was a roaming salvage crew driving around town picking up useable junk. They'd broadcast their presence over a loudspeaker. I was in the local Caseys with a bunch of other people staying out of sight. Once the salvage crew was close enough to get to, they refused to pick us up because we had to be pre-approved for rescue, they had the radio station to contact them on spray painted on their vehicle. Outside the Caseys we were approached by some zombies, someone was killed, but I was saved by a girl of about 7 or 8 years old. Our goal at that point was to get to the bridge leading out of town. Once we got there we had a trail of zombies following us keeping us from returning to town. At the bridge, there was a bunch of stands that were like a farmers market but were all picked clean.
That's all I remember offhand, it's been a few months.
I'll try to find the original thread and post it.

Revil3000
10-Jan-2013, 03:46 PM
I wish I did. I just have the cliché nightmares where I fall off rooftops or where a witch chases me through a cornfield. I think when I was a younger I had some after watching the NotLD (90s remake). No zombie nightmares lately though.

Wyldwraith
14-Jan-2013, 07:03 AM
Been thinking about this phenomena some more,
I think it goes deeper than our exposure to actual zombie films, or basic unresolved psychological baggage being worked out by our subconscious while we sleep. I can't really back this up, but I have a hunch that somewhere in our DNA there's a mechanism that causes us to have dreams where we're pursued/the prey, so as to at least minimally prepare us psychologically to deal with a real predation event. After all, for 90% of humanity's history on Earth we were a prey species. We lived in caves not necessarily for shelter, but to keep our backs and flanks secure so danger could only come from the one direction. Post-controlling fire, our first uses for it even before cooking was as predator deterrent.

Just because we've had a really great 2,000+ year run as Masters of the Food Chain (so long as we have a firearm in hand, or live under the protection of those that do)...that's just not long enough for our physiology to "forget" what being a prey species was like. It makes a weird kind of sense if you think about it, that there would be such a genetic reminder in our physical makeup.

Just an off the wall idea, please continue.

Thorn
16-Jan-2013, 02:11 AM
Interesting theory , though I am not sold yet ;)

RichW
16-Jan-2013, 03:40 AM
Hi All!
I have some quite vivid dreams occasionally, one in particular sticks in my mind from several years ago....

Basically, I'm running through a horde of Z's in a field, looking for somewhere safe to hide out, when I come across an old stone church.
I burst in through the doors, slam them shut and throw the wooden baton down, locking the doors.
Inside the church is really bright as there are literally thousands of the old style electric bulbs hanging from the ceiling, all switched on. (The type with the brown fabric covered twisted flex and a little chain to one side to turn them on/off)
A live priest is inside the church, he approaches me and starts talking to me.
I can remember saying to him "We need to switch all of these lights off"
Slowly, I wonder around the church (with the priest permanently at my side talking to me, I can't remember what about) pulling each chain, one by one, switching each light off.
After some time, I reach the very last light bulb, right at the front by the pew.
Just as my fingers touch the chain to switch it off, the priest grabs my arm and says "Not that one"
I ask him "Why not?"
The priest replies "That one's you!"

Cue rapid sweaty wake up !!!!

It's like I've killed off all the other remaining survivors and I'm the only one left. (But that doesn't make sense because the priest is still there??? meh, the wonderful world of dreams eh?)

woohoo, I finally got around to making a first post, been lurking here for years! :D

Hello fellow Z fans, Rich.

Neil
16-Jan-2013, 01:08 PM
Basically, I'm running through a horde of Z's in a field, looking for somewhere safe to hide out, when I come across an old stone church.
I burst in through the doors, slam them shut and throw the wooden baton down, locking the doors.
Inside the church is really bright as there are literally thousands of the old style electric bulbs hanging from the ceiling, all switched on. (The type with the brown fabric covered twisted flex and a little chain to one side to turn them on/off)
A live priest is inside the church, he approaches me and starts talking to me.
I can remember saying to him "We need to switch all of these lights off"
Slowly, I wonder around the church (with the priest permanently at my side talking to me, I can't remember what about) pulling each chain, one by one, switching each light off.
After some time, I reach the very last light bulb, right at the front by the pew.
Just as my fingers touch the chain to switch it off, the priest grabs my arm and says "Not that one"
I ask him "Why not?"
The priest replies "That one's you!"

Cue rapid sweaty wake up !!!!

It's like I've killed off all the other remaining survivors and I'm the only one left. (But that doesn't make sense because the priest is still there??? meh, the wonderful world of dreams eh?)

Wow! That's super freaky!

krakenslayer
16-Jan-2013, 05:45 PM
I work in retail, my waking life pretty much is a zombie nightmare.

Rancid Carcass
04-Mar-2013, 02:10 PM
Be honest, how many of you have had this dream, lol. :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vIPcOGnRS-A

Neil
04-Mar-2013, 03:21 PM
The one on the left is cuter, but you just know the one on the right would be down right dirty :)

But joking aside, that was madder than a bag of hammers!

Geordie9
18-Oct-2013, 12:39 PM
i do have zombie dreams at least once a week, i always try and encourage myself to have them b4 i go to sleep, its like watching a new zombie movie that u dircted yourself!! And i always play the lead role!

babomb
05-Nov-2013, 08:47 AM
Those Harp players are awesome! I watched a bunch of their vids.

senorvega
13-Nov-2013, 03:25 AM
some of you have some really weird dreams lol

wayzim
16-Nov-2013, 10:46 AM
some of you have some really weird dreams lol

We really do ... bless us everyone. :D

Speaking of weird, I was just thinking about our harp girls. If one was very creative, you could turn those instruments into some pretty lethal weapons - and still have music afterward for the rare down time ( gettin down time? ) in a Zombie world.

Wayne Z

Ragnarr
18-Nov-2013, 07:05 PM
I have zombie dreams but only occasionally. It usually happens when something is stressing me out during the day as if "life is trying to screw me" or something. The zombies enter my dreams almost as an afterthought and have absolutely nothing to do with the dream's general narrative. The biggest pisser is when I whack them on their heads with a club or hammer, it does almost no damage as my swing is like I'm moving the weapon underwater. Other times, the zombies will do something that my mind has already accepted "zombies cannot do" like them doing a more complex thinking task to get at me. I'll actually say to the zombie, "Hey wait, you can't do that! You're dead!" The zombie just shrugs and continues to be brilliant lol. Very annoying. Damn dream zombies! :rockbrow:

wayzim
20-Nov-2013, 10:51 PM
The one on the left is cuter, but you just know the one on the right would be down right dirty :)

But joking aside, that was madder than a bag of hammers!

So put on your best faces, boys. The harp twins ( camille and kennerly ) just might scope this post out, as they were curious as to what zombie fans thought about their music. Especially since I sort of linked HPOTD on Youtube .. hey, they're pretty and they have harps. :cool:

Wayne Z

Neil
27-Nov-2013, 11:38 AM
I had an epically vivid dream this week after watching the walking dead and eating some cheese late in the evening! Very vivid and quite depressing!

wayzim
27-Nov-2013, 04:58 PM
I had an epically vivid dream this week after watching the walking dead and eating some cheese late in the evening! Very vivid and quite depressing!

Is this something you'd like to share in detail with the group, Neil? :D

Hee.

Wayne Z
From the BTVS episode: Restless.
Cheese Guy (to Xander, about the slices of cheese on a plate): These will not protect you.
Read more: http://www.buffyguide.com/episodes/restless/restlessquotes.shtml#ixzz2lrzXVS23

pavello
05-Mar-2014, 04:50 PM
Yes.

You know the scene of Dawn of the Dead 2004 where they are running for the boat? OK, this one, but without chill vehicles, this is what I was living in my head for several dreams.

I recall me being on a roof of a low building, and below us, undead that were like a wave of pus zits, moving frantically towards us, like they were a car taking a curve in a very fast way.

The sun was shining, and it gave to the overall zombie scene a orange, fleshy tone,

The smell was like sliced plastic cheese, with a layer of flesh, rotting and being boiled under the sun.

Legion2213
08-Mar-2014, 12:15 AM
I actually had a "good" zombie dream a while back, basically a few of us on a bus, with some guy driving it like a maniac, running over loads of them, and then when we came to a stop at some sort of warehouse we had to clear it and get to an office where somebody had said there were more guns and supplies. It was really good moving through the place and shooting the crap out of those mofo's

And I say "good" dream, because the guns actually functioned in my dream, I dream about guns now and then and they never work properly, the bullets are too small to load or they look weird, or the parts of the guns don't fit properly...this dream had guns that fucking worked!