PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

ProfessorChaos
10-Apr-2010, 06:47 PM
anyone else a fan of this show? i just started watching it over the last month or so, they had a huge marathon of the first two seasons prior to the third season starting up and i was lucky enough to catch most of the episodes.

i'm not much of a tv guy, but holy shit, i'm about addicted to this show. easily the best thing i've seen on tv in years. thinking of picking up the first couple seasons on dvd, it's that great.

if you've not seen/heard of this show, do yourself a favor and check it out. you won't be disappointed.

JDFP
10-Apr-2010, 11:23 PM
Agreed, "B.B." is an amazing show, one of the best on T.V. right now (of course there's only about 5 shows I actually keep up with anymore). It ranks up there for me on my short list with my most favorite show on right now (and I think one of the finest shows ever created, IMO): "Sons of Anarchy" (see my signature). If you haven't checked out "SOA" you should as it's also very gritty and real like "B.B." ("SOA" is a contemporary re-telling of "Hamlet").

Incidentally, I had a "SOA" dream last night in which Kris Kristofferson came to Knoxville to start up a Knoxville-branch of the Sons' and I became a member responsible for all the finances.

j.p.

ProfessorChaos
12-Apr-2010, 09:32 PM
kinda hard to believe you're the only other fellow interested in this jp...surely somebody else has seen it (and if you've seen it, it's hard not to get hooked).

saw a cover story in entertainment weekly's shitty magazine that listed the 10 best shows on tv. wanted to see where breaking bad ranked, so i took a gander. they had it listed at #2, which i wasn't too displeased with...until i saw what show they chose above it: (get ready)

dancing with the fucking stars. are you fucking kidding me!?!?!:annoyed:
i know it's just a stupid-ass magazine with one little dumb list, but it really ticked me off seeing that....it amazes me what passes for entertainment these days.

anyway, i always work sunday nights and end up missing the initial airing and have to catch up later during a re-airing or when it becomes available on demand. really interested to see how walt react's to skyler's bombshell she dropped on him before dinner. (and i must say, i'm pretty fucking disappointed in what she did, given everything he told her that morning)

but yeah, fucking great show, easily the best on tv, fuck that dancing with the has-beens shit.

Ghost Of War
13-Apr-2010, 08:48 AM
A lad in work was on about Breaking Bad, in fact he was raving about it, so I've been meaning to check it out.

JD: Sons Of Anarchy is one of the best things I've seen on TV ever. I missed it the first time it was on over here in the UK, so I grabbed the 2 seasons off a torrent, and both me and my wife were blown away by it, it's absolutely superb. Up there with The Sopranos, if not better IMO. It took me a while to realise that the guy who plays Jax is the guy with the ridiculous cockney accent in the film Green Street (football hooligan film with the guy who played Frodo).

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2010, 06:40 AM
damn this show just keeps getting better. i have total faith in AMC to handle the "walking dead" series, solely based off of how great breaking bad and mad men are.

for those who haven't seen any of season 3 and want to catch up, AMC will be having a season 3 marathon this friday evening.

seriously folks, if you've not given this show a chance yet, just tune in....

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2010, 02:47 PM
I haven't given the show a look yet, but it's on my list of series to rent/netflix. Hopefully I can get the first season streaming and watch it over a week.

ProfessorChaos
26-Apr-2010, 02:05 PM
holy crap, things are really coming to a boil on this show. the guys writing this stuff are fucking brilliant, this show is addictive to me as walt's meth is to all the albuquerque junkies.

i'm going to go out and pick up the first two seasons on dvd sometime next month, the show is that damn good.

ProfessorChaos
03-May-2010, 07:31 PM
wow. major events going down in last night's episode. still having a rough time believing so few of you guys are watching this show. it is truly amazing.

oh and just ordered the 1st & 2nd seasons on dvd, planning on catching up on the one's i'd missed...but wow. last night's show was fucking great, and the last five minutes i was literally on the edge of my seat. great stuff.

Eyebiter
04-May-2010, 09:46 AM
Breaking Bad is a great series. Besides the characters and story my favorite part is the Cinematography. In nearly every episode we are treated to blue sky and desert scenes. An austere setting with a richness born of desolation.

kidgloves
03-Jun-2010, 09:15 PM
Just starting the 3rd series of this and want to echo the previous comments. Superb.
The characters are so rich and interesting. The brother in law and lawyer crack me up everytime there on screen.
Can be surreal at times.
Soundtrack is excellent if you have a home cinema setup. Reminds me of a Luc Besson movie. I keep expecting Jean Reno to turn up at any moment.
Check it out people is worth your time.
Very hopeful for The Walking Dead as a result of this.

Danny
03-Jun-2010, 09:45 PM
i gave it a lot of tries in its first season but the writing and plot development was a bit to bland for me. shame considering i found the performance form the lead to be pretty damn good.

though he'll never shake the stigma of being both hal from malcom in the middle and the producer for the power rangers :lol:

ProfessorChaos
07-Jun-2010, 11:35 AM
tonight's episode was the set-up for next week's season finale...and wow, what a set-up it was.

i could go on for quite a bit about what happened, but to keep it simple, this episode was awesome, probably the best of the 3rd season. all kinds of character development and revelations, puzzle pieces coming together to form the big pictures, etc...and the ending was just, wow...."HOLY FUCK!!" is the fist phrase that comes to mind. totally didn't see that coming.

oh, and from what i've heard, the season finale is nearly 2 hours long. i'm pretty excited, but bummed cuz after this it'll likely be next spring before new episodes begin airing.

for my money, breaking bad is the best thing on tv in years. hands down.

kidgloves
07-Jun-2010, 03:26 PM
Only upto ep6 of the 3rd series so it's still a slow burner for me.
Some very interesting developments with the fast food Don. He's a very strange mix character wise. Noble so far but I have my suspicions about him.
Getting through 2 sometimes 3 episodes a night so should be upto speed come the finale.

ProfessorChaos
07-Jun-2010, 10:08 PM
last night's ending was one of the most tense and shocking things i've ever seen on tv. i'm going to post a vid here showing what happened before it gets yanked down.

huge spoiler below for those who've not seen everything that's gone on till now:

5RB8t0CCZB4

for those who've not seen/don't follow BB: the characters of walt and jesse, what they've been through together as partners-in-crime and how it's affected them and everyone around them makes this show one of the most amazing stories i've ever seen with some of the best plot and character development. EVER. you seriously need to check this show out if you enjoy character-driven stories.

the finale is going to be awesome, can't fucking wait...and season 4 should be quite interesting (especially with hank's character, i'm predicting.

kidgloves
09-Jun-2010, 06:37 PM
Up until that point i was pretty disappointed. They had introduced the character of the little boy and Jesses shag late in the season and there wasnt that emotional attatchment for me when the boy was executed so i was left a bit disappointed.
But shit. When the car came screaming onscreen you just knew it was about to get fucked up. Bit of a shame cause i love the noble don character and now the've crossed him.
Im asumming theres going to be a season 4 so it will be interesting to see what happens then. they cant go on the run can they? Walts family etc.
Has so much shit happened to 2 characters in tv history as a result of the decisions they make?
Great stuff.
MORE MORE MORE PLEASE

ProfessorChaos
14-Jun-2010, 11:18 AM
well, the finale only ended up being an hour long, like a normal episode...the extra time was for AMC to pimp their new show "rubicon"...didn't bother watching it.

as for the finale, i thought it was pretty decent. mike's scene dealing with the cartel mules was pretty intense. gus and victor are really getting under my skin, they are some slimy bastards. looks like gus wasn't quite the nice guy after all, planning on doing walt in like that...as for walt's solution, i never really like gale all that much, so what happened to him is no big deal to me. seemed like a nice enough guy, but oh well...and now walt and jesse both are totally fucked and about to feel gus's wrath.

things between walt and gus are going to be quite interesting next season. and things are definitely fucked with jesse and his situation. hank's recovery should be good, and wait till his gears start turning and he tries to put together all the pieces to the blue meth puzzle....that's what i'm predicting the big problem will be in season 4. this deal with gus will probably be settled (hopefully with gus being killed off) early next season....

still a great show, and man, it's gonna be a long summer/fall/winter till the new season rolls out...:|

..but october (the walking dead:hyper:) will be here soon enough.

kidgloves
14-Jun-2010, 09:08 PM
Just seen it. Shit man. It's like a game of chess. Constantly trying to outmanouvre your opponent. That was one tense episode. I had no idea what the address meant. Too obvious to be Gus. Thought it might be one of Mikes family who we met earlier.
Bring on The Walking Dead I say.

ProfessorChaos
15-Jun-2010, 02:27 AM
that was gale's address. walt already knew where gus lived from having dinner there. he told jesse to go to that address, to make sure gus only has one chemist.

so we're left hanging with walt captive by victor and mike, gale murdered, gus super-pissed, and jesse on the lam.

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2010, 06:12 PM
recently got a few buddies involved in this show, we had a marathon. no word yet on season 3's release to dvd, but i have read that season 4 won't start airing till summer instead of spring next year.

and check out this wicked seasons 1&2 recap i just came across:

Bmk0kkznxSw

AMC is probably my favorite network out there. their programs are better than most movies these days, hands down. breaking bad is the show that got me started, mad men was also phenomenal once i tuned into that, and the walking dead is gonna be fucking brilliant.

bassman
13-Dec-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm finally getting to see this series from the start. AMC is airing the entire series with two episodes every Wednesday night. So far only two episode in, but dear god the second episode was hilarious! I never expected it to be as funny as it was. Jesse's answering machine and webpage, the plastic tub scene at the store, "he sells me pot", and last but not least....the acid in the tub. I was in tears before it was all over. That really surprised me considering the first episode(and the entire series, I had thought) was a drama.

Anyway....two episodes in and I can't wait to see the rest in order. Two episodes every wednesday night if anyone's interested in setting the DVR. Only the first two episodes are down so far...

Mike70
15-Dec-2010, 11:38 AM
i watched this a few times and don't care for it. i will usually avoid shows about scumbags and this is no exception. it might be a great show but i can't get into things where trash are considered "protagonists."

yes, if you are manufacturing meth, you are a massive piece of shite.

bassman
15-Dec-2010, 12:06 PM
But he has a REASON for making meth. :p Movies, shows, and entertainment would be boring as hell if everyone was a good guy. That's like saying Jules and Vincent should've been bible salesmen in Pulp Fiction. Boring....

and do you like much of anything these days, mike?

bassman
02-Jun-2011, 12:59 AM
Season Four Teaser:

alFsfEUtDmQ

It's made up of clips from the previous three seasons, but still got me excited. Can't wait. Best show on TV.

ProfessorChaos
02-Jun-2011, 01:44 AM
it's about time!!!

very much looking forward to picking up where we left off....:hyper:

bassman
21-Jun-2011, 08:05 PM
Season 4 teaser with new footage.

XLEDPTkS60k

rongravy
21-Jun-2011, 09:40 PM
Is this on Netflix? I'm almost completely done with both versions of Men Behaving Badly and need something new. Also, since the only U.S. tv show I've seen my wife like was Prison Break, this might be right up her alley.

bassman
21-Jun-2011, 09:48 PM
It's not on instant netflix, but you can get it on disc.

MikePizzoff
20-Aug-2011, 07:20 PM
Me and the Mrs have been watching this like mad for the past 2 weeks. We're into season 3 now. Completely hooked.

Am I the only one that finds it extremely lame that into season 3 they started doing the whole "Previously on Breaking Bad" and "Next week on Breaking Bad" thing?

bassman
20-Aug-2011, 07:25 PM
Was that new to season 3? It's been a while, but I thought they had those before the first two seasons as well. Seasons three and what i've seen of four really set things to boil. Great show. AMC's best. Unfortunately i'm gonna miss it this week. :(

ProfessorChaos
20-Aug-2011, 07:30 PM
always good to hear another person has discovered this series. i read last week that amc went ahead and gave the green light for the final season of breaking bad. 16 episodes to go after this season.

MikePizzoff
21-Aug-2011, 01:08 PM
Was that new to season 3? It's been a while, but I thought they had those before the first two seasons as well. Seasons three and what i've seen of four really set things to boil. Great show. AMC's best. Unfortunately i'm gonna miss it this week. :(

Yep, they didn't start doing the recap/preview crap until episode 3 of season 3. I guess that's when they hit a new demographic or something?

Also, at the point we're at, I hope something really bad happens to Skyler. What a raging BITCH.

ProfessorChaos
29-Aug-2011, 04:58 AM
just got my brother hooked on this show. he's almost done with season one after only having it for 3 days.

shootemindehead
29-Aug-2011, 01:09 PM
I've stormed through the first 3 series of this over the weekend, after ignoring it for ages. Bloody great.

Getting ready for Series 4 now.

MikePizzoff
29-Aug-2011, 06:14 PM
I've stormed through the first 3 series of this over the weekend, after ignoring it for ages. Bloody great.

Getting ready for Series 4 now.

Yeah, we finished season 3 last week. Gotta get caught up on season 4!!!