PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war 3 trailer

Danny
13-Apr-2010, 11:29 AM
Et63rnzxFqo

Another great ad from epic, not on par with the mad world trailer but thats still one of the best game ads of all time.

This showed some interesting stuff, looks like anya is fighting with you this time and not just a support character. So i assume things have taken a turn for the worst since before this the cogs apparently only allowed infertile women to fight and the rest had to take command jobs.
Dom looked interesting in this, like the events of the first two games have finally taken there tole on him mentally which should make for some interesting moments if done right.

Plus i assume those bat lizard things were more lambant creatures, given this is the end i assume we find out about immulsion sickness, rust lung and the sires from that lab in the mountains.

My prediction is the locust were originally human, a first stage of immulsion sickness and mutation. and something like marcus' mother is the locust queen and that giant tentacle bug thing on her back is the actual "queen" and its some kind of parasite.

who knows? guess we'll find out this time next year.

mista_mo
13-Apr-2010, 11:48 AM
I think that there will be lots of grunting, and bulging manliness. Maybe some cigar chomping, and arm wrestling. A huge BBQ as well, and lots of people riding motorcycles and shooting off guns.

I am really going to enjoy this game.

Danny
13-Apr-2010, 12:11 PM
I think that there will be lots of grunting, and bulging manliness. Maybe some cigar chomping, and arm wrestling. A huge BBQ as well, and lots of people riding motorcycles and shooting off guns.

I am really going to enjoy this game.

you just described "GOOD OLE' BOYS: THE GAME":lol:

CoinReturn
24-Apr-2011, 03:14 PM
I've been playing the beta for the past week or so, it rocks! Everything I hated from 2 has been fixed or eliminated. Dedicated servers ensure no lag, so no more cheap deaths either.

Epic seems to be having some fun, everyone playing has bunny heads today:

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0420c75y.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/idt1xl.jpg

CoinReturn
28-May-2011, 09:20 PM
Campaign trailer:
mawFwSMhM1g

Danny
29-May-2011, 01:22 PM
much as i love some ozzy not the best tailer for a series usually known for very good ones.

Still super excited for the game though. its pretty much the only 360 exclusive bar alan wake im really into.

AngryNeighbour
29-May-2011, 02:21 PM
I know this whole "brothers to the end" thing is kind of cheesy, but I love it. And I think its hinting toward an awesome ending to the game.

I loved the beta, didnt even get bored and its the same 4 maps...so the multiplayer is looking excellent. Going to miss complaining about host tho ahaha, its like the original ranking system in GOW 2, you hated it at the time, but then when they took it away you missed it. But I don't think anyone is going to miss host ahaha

Can't wait to see Drake's character lol

Danny
29-May-2011, 04:07 PM
I know this whole "brothers to the end" thing is kind of cheesy, but I love it. And I think its hinting toward an awesome ending to the game.

i think they are going to fail and die at the end. the whole series- meathead online community aside- is awfully nihilistic. every attempt at subtext is all about the follys of man, war and the industrial machine. Humanity is this little group of humans left on a planet they scoured then lost to the locust and now the lambent have shown up and they are an even more dangerous, adaptable enemy.

Unless they pull a COLOSSAL deus ex machina out there asses then they either join forces with the locust and find peace- or stick to their guns and go down fighting but ultimately lead to the end of the human race.

AngryNeighbour
29-May-2011, 07:17 PM
i think they are going to fail and die at the end. the whole series- meathead online community aside- is awfully nihilistic. every attempt at subtext is all about the follys of man, war and the industrial machine. Humanity is this little group of humans left on a planet they scoured then lost to the locust and now the lambent have shown up and they are an even more dangerous, adaptable enemy.

Unless they pull a COLOSSAL deus ex machina out there asses then they either join forces with the locust and find peace- or stick to their guns and go down fighting but ultimately lead to the end of the human race.

That's what I mean by awesome ending. Brothers to the end which means they're all going to die in an epic cutscene to end the game thats somewhat sad. Actually it would be crazy if they all died besides Dom, which would be a bit ironic considering from the trailer it looks like he wants to die almost. Like Marcus will die to save the rest of them or something probably though. I dont know.

Danny
29-May-2011, 07:26 PM
oh im damn sure marcus is deadmeat.