PDA

View Full Version : Weed of the Living Dead

bassman
15-Apr-2010, 04:50 PM
You saw that right. Weed of the Living Dead (http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=21658)(NSFW). Worst title in history? Possibly.

..will follow two brothers who spend a night watching Night of the Living Dead and smoking pot tainted by an experimental hallucinogen. The siblings wake up and find themselves in the black and white world of Romero's Living Dead and must fight zombies.

I would probably be more up for this if I were a teenager, but I must admit that i'm still curious to see the (sure to be awful) result.

What isn't clear is whether they're going to use green screens to put the actors in Romero's footage, or if they'll be re-shooting the film with similar looking actors.

Trin
15-Apr-2010, 06:25 PM
"The cellar is a death trap. We've got everything we need up here. Doritos... uh... more doritos... yeah, that's about it. Do we have enough Doritos?"

SymphonicX
15-Apr-2010, 06:32 PM
You can be bong down there, I'm bong up here.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

that was rubbish but it really amused me....

"Evans City is five miles away....fuck it."

JDFP
15-Apr-2010, 06:38 PM
You saw that right. Weed of the Living Dead (http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=21658)(NSFW). Worst title in history? Possibly.

I would probably be more up for this if I were a teenager, but I must admit that i'm still curious to see the (sure to be awful) result.

What isn't clear is whether they're going to use green screens to put the actors in Romero's footage, or if they'll be re-shooting the film with similar looking actors.

Sounds like the utter tripe garbage that someone of little talent like Judd Apatow would do. Eh, still, if they can incorporate zombies and it doesn't completely suck, I might check it out for a rental sometime.

j.p.

Trin
15-Apr-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd bet that our mocking of it in this thread will be more entertaining that it turns out to be.

"heh.. heh... hehe... naked zombie chick outside... heh"

darth los
15-Apr-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm definitely checking this out, if only for the comedic value.

C'mon guys, most zombie films aren't fit to line a birdcage with and we've sat through them. This should be no different.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
15-Apr-2010, 08:00 PM
not too sure what to think of the "weed of the living dead", could be amusing i suppose. probably not, but i'll check it out for the hell of it...

i do, however, think that ms. brianna love looks rather appealing in that picture at the bottom of the page.;)

bassman
15-Apr-2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like the utter tripe garbage that someone of little talent like Judd Apatow would do.

What??? Apatow has directed two of the best comedies of the last decade an produced/written other greats. And this sounds nothing like something he would do...

darth los
15-Apr-2010, 08:48 PM
i do, however, think that ms. brianna love looks rather appealing in that picture at the bottom of the page.;)

Hot damn she's fine ! :stunned:

I couldn't care less if it was on topic or not these pics must be posted.

Oh and you're welcome. ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2401/2186580526_2accef2bb3.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Brianna%20Love/awesomepossum429/1BriannaLove.jpg

:cool:

JDFP
15-Apr-2010, 09:37 PM
What??? Apatow has directed two of the best comedies of the last decade an produced/written other greats. And this sounds nothing like something he would do...

You really think so? Personally, I've always found his films to be juvenile, crude, and just...well, not funny. I thought "Funny People" was awful, "Superbad" was aptly named 'superbad' for a reason in giving a definition of the value of the film, I hated "Knocked Up" and "Pineapple Express" (I think Apatow had a hand in all these films didn't he?). I don't have any problem with people that like these flicks (alot of people seem to enjoy them) but I just don't see the point other than a bunch of stoners running around being, well, stoners. And then there's Seth Rogen which makes a bad movie that much worse for me.

I don't know if that's just me or not, but seeing Rogen is similar to the feeling I have when I see a Volkswagen Beetle attempting to pass me on the highway. It just ticks me off. I feel the same way about Ashton Kutcher, every time I see him as well I want to just punch him. The only film I've seen Rogen in that I liked was "Observe and Report" which I liked.

I don't know, maybe it's just me and I'm getting old, but that type of humor in these films where people use crass language every other word and only talk about getting stoned all the time just doesn't appeal to me (it never did). I guess I've always just preferred the comedy of films like "Burn After Reading" and "Cold Souls" with Paul Giamatti, Martin Scorsese's "After Hours", and everything John Hughes did. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old.

j.p.

Zombie Snack
18-Apr-2010, 03:20 AM
yea your just getting old