View Full Version : Type O Negative frontman Peter Steele dead.

Purge
16-Apr-2010, 12:22 AM
http://www.billboard.com/news/type-o-negative-frontman-peter-steele-dies-1004083664.story#/news/type-o-negative-frontman-peter-steele-dies-1004083664.story

Saw them live and met Johnny and Kenny at Chiller in '07. This sucks. :(

slickwilly13
16-Apr-2010, 01:32 AM
I read about it earlier. His death is like the boy who cried wolf. If anyone remembers the fake death stories over the years. I first listened to them during the early '90's. Too bad his death was finally true. Surprised The Pizz isn't all over this.

shootemindehead
16-Apr-2010, 02:48 PM
Never liked Type O...or Carnivore for that matter.

JDFP
16-Apr-2010, 03:26 PM
I've always been a huge fan of Type O's earlier work ("Christian Woman", "Be My Druidess", "Black No. # 1", etc). They're like the love child of Ozzy and Andrew Eldritch (or something like that). Not so crazy on their later work, but "Bloody Kisses" is one of my most favorite Goth albums ever created and "October Rust" is also fantastic. Peter had an incredible vocal range and his lyrics were always humorous and passionate without being melodramatic (a feat of great magnitude especially when you're discussing darker/Gothish music). Some of my most favorite lyrics are actually from Type O for their tongue-in-cheek charm.

Peter Steele's death is a great blow to music. I'll miss the morbid dark-humor joy from listening to occasional new Type O material (and of course all their classic work). I'm personally hoping that they have some new material that has not been released yet (no doubt, we'll probably have at least an album's worth of hopefully good never-before-released older recordings). Steele was also a very intelligent individual and had become a man of great faith over the last few years in dealing with his own Depression and substance abuse issues. I don't doubt he's jamming with the likes of Morrison in the great beyond now.

R.I.P. Peter Steele, your music will live after us all.

j.p.

EvilNed
16-Apr-2010, 06:49 PM
RIP. Only connection I have to this guy is the film Mortal Kombat, which rocks.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Apr-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1627592/news#ni2121953

Sad news. Just learned about it 10 minutes ago. Seems it happen two days ago.

Kaos
19-Apr-2010, 01:28 PM
Merged threads.

MikePizzoff
19-Apr-2010, 01:40 PM
I was never really into Type O Negative and I always thought Carnivore was over-rated, but his punk/rock group, Fallout, were pretty cool. However, I do appreciate that he made a pretty big impact on music.

RIP.