PDA

View Full Version : While we are at it....

tju1973
04-Jun-2006, 01:44 AM
I found this amusing thing....

http://www.loris.net/zombie/

:)

livingdead7
04-Jun-2006, 02:29 AM
Hmmm...

"Most Americans use and value their brains -- the natural food of zombies."

I prefer to stay inside the rules of the GAR dead universe where this isnt true. It's always bugged me when people say zombies eat brains...

Lord_Galvatron
04-Jun-2006, 07:12 AM
I saw that a loooong time ago... thanks for reminding me it's there... lots of fun :)

Tullaryx
05-Jun-2006, 02:59 PM
Hmmm...

"Most Americans use and value their brains -- the natural food of zombies."

I prefer to stay inside the rules of the GAR dead universe where this isnt true. It's always bugged me when people say zombies eat brains...

Of course they eat brains. They just happen to eat everything else as well.

Danny
05-Jun-2006, 03:17 PM
which is one thng ive never got, zombies eat there victims, so how exactly does the plague spread?, surely if there eaten to pieces and in the rotten stomachs of walking corpses (ooh a bit too emo there:barf: ) then no more zombies would appear and car crashes and stuff couldnt account for all of em, thats the only thing i dont like about romeros universe in resi it was the t-virus, pure and simple, now thats easier to grasp in my opinion.

Tullaryx
05-Jun-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm only assuming that early in the crisis there's less of the body-ripping to shreds type of feeding frenzies. I think as the crisis begins the numbers increases exponentially due to unreported deaths, injuries from bites misdiagnosed and just plain old living to living murders. I can see things escalating to the point that things got out of hand. Plus, people's basic reaction to go to the worst places for help during such a crisis (hospitals, police stations, clinics, etc...) helps bring a large proportion of infected victims into a high-density population center.

I think this is where I see Romero's shamblers come to great effect as a spreader of the infection. A zombie whose motor skills just allows it enough mobility to shamble and stagger to a meal won't likely be able to chase after it's victim once it gets a bite in and victim escapes. That's why you get to see so many of Romero's zombies look as if they were attacked but never fully devoured. Usually, there's a mortal wound to their neck and other places that would not kill instantly but would kill in time.

One other factor to mention would be a victim being killed by a lone zombie will not be devoured to the point that it won't still have alot of its bodily mass intact to be revived. I think as the zombie population grows and you get more hordes in the hundreds and thousands you get less newly revived attack victims.

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2006, 11:18 PM
Yup, in the wide open spaces, most of us could get away from a Romero zombie (sorry for those of you with wheel chairs at the bottom of a steep hill), even after we foolishly tried to help said zed, having thought they were a living victim of some traumatic accident, or someone suffering from a seizure.

So, you're bitten, you run, you find safety, you die, you rise, repeat a billion or so times and there you have it :)