PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

zombiekiller
21-Apr-2010, 02:43 PM
Tomorrow on chiller all day is the zombie marathon. also, has any one else hear of a movie called autumn. don't know if it was mentioned on here or not. trailer lookes good.

AcesandEights
21-Apr-2010, 02:58 PM
also, has any one else hear of a movie called autumn. don't know if it was mentioned on here or not. trailer lookes good.

It got slammed by a few people here who watched it. I haven't heard anything good about the film, but the book it was based off of is supposed to be great.

darth los
21-Apr-2010, 03:24 PM
Thnx for the heads up. Ima have the dvr cocked and ready to go!

Knowing most zed flicks though, if there's one that's worth keeping it will be alot.

:cool:

bassman
21-Apr-2010, 03:34 PM
According to their schedule (http://www.chillertv.com/schedule/?date=2010-04-22), there are two Dawn of the Deads listed. Most likely they are both the remake, but it would be cool if one were the original. Chiller has already pissed me off numerous times having the info as the original but then playing the remake.:mad:

Also....The Evil Dead? NOT a zombie film, imo. Not a good film in general.:p

darth los
21-Apr-2010, 04:21 PM
According to their schedule (http://www.chillertv.com/schedule/?date=2010-04-22), there are two Dawn of the Deads listed. Most likely they are both the remake, but it would be cool if one were the original. Chiller has already pissed me off numerous times having the info as the original but then playing the remake.:mad:

Ah, yes. The movie so nice, they had to play it twice. :p

Evil dead. Agreed, not a zombie film. Not a good film in general. Disagree.

That is all. lol

zombiekiller
21-Apr-2010, 06:54 PM

I love when they tell about it and say that it's 2 national guardsmen not philly swat members.

sandrock74
21-Apr-2010, 08:34 PM
I never heard of this channel, so I don't believe I have it. But, upon looking at the schedule, the second Dawn of the Dead airing is 2 1/2 hours compared to the first one which is 90 mins. That's got to tell ya something ;)

darth los
21-Apr-2010, 08:57 PM
I love when they tell about it and say that it's 2 national guardsmen not philly swat members.

They must have the fox news researchers working for them too.

Wyldwraith
22-Apr-2010, 01:34 AM
Will rise in support of Evil Dead,
Not a Zombie-flick? Agreed. Not a good movie? Disagree. It's the intro of one of the coolest zombie action heroes ever!

I guess you're either an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness person or you're not. Doesn't seem to be much in-between.

Mr.G
22-Apr-2010, 01:42 AM
Autumn got a solid review in this month's Fangoria. I remember the novel...too bad I don't get Chiller, I'll wait to hear the thoughts from you folks.

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 01:55 AM
I guess you're either an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness person or you're not. Doesn't seem to be much in-between.

I'm actually between. Love Army of Darkness, but i'm not a big fan of Evil Dead....

zombiekiller
22-Apr-2010, 02:25 AM
Will rise in support of Evil Dead,
Not a Zombie-flick? Agreed. Not a good movie? Disagree. It's the intro of one of the coolest zombie action heroes ever!

I agree. it was a good movie, did you hear where their doing a remake of it. always did like bruce cambell tink he's a good actor.

Wyldwraith
22-Apr-2010, 05:03 AM
Autumn was a great book.

Read it when it was still free online before Moody got his publishing support. Wanted to read the rest of the series, but I couldn't afford to start following another book series, already having 4 authors and 5 series to follow. (E.E Knight's Vampire Earth novels, Kim Harrison's Hollows-verse books, Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake novels (my guilty pleasure), and a couple of L.A Banks series, for anyone interested).

Autumn does an AWESOME job of immersing the reader in the apocalypse from moment one until the very end. His narrative somehow makes you feel like you're right there as a helpless spectator to the alien, enigmatic, uncertain horror of it. His idea of a zombie apocalypse is creepier than creepy.

If the movie is even 30% faithful to the atmosphere of the book it'll be something worth watching. David Moody could do much to reinvigorate GAR if those two had some long talks on the nature of making a successful zombie movie. Moody conveys tons of horror and preyed-on fear, and he did it a) with zombies who if anything are even more uncoordinated/non-functional than classic shamblers. In fact, that's his genius. And b) He actually broke some new ground in the presentation of a beginning-stage zombie apocalypse that progresses through multiple "eras" of that apocalypse within the scope of just the first book. No telling how far he's taken it with the other five books worth to flesh it out.

HIGHLY recommend David Moody's work to anyone interested in a full-scale zombie apocalypse that isn't a rehash of already done and re-done plot devices. He does it all with the succinct, in your face sudden, prologue/setup. The zombies are unique, and their portrayal is done in a manner I found unsettling when no amount of viscera-savaging and splatter of gore can unsettle me.

Dunno what else I can say.