PDA

View Full Version : Men in Black 3 (film)

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2010, 12:44 AM
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2169426/

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 12:55 AM
Ehhh...I'll see it I guess. The first one was great when it was new and the second one was...well....what it was, but I would rather see a Bad Boys 3.:)

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2010, 01:10 AM
Funny you say that because I just read an article for that as well.

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 01:54 AM
Same here. Martin Laurence says it's going to happen. But with Will Smith's fame and Michael Bay blowing up robots, I dunno....

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm stoked for MiB3. I don't like all this 3-D crap that's becoming "vogue" for the time being, but I liked the first 2 and think there's great chemistry between Smith & Jones. :D

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2010, 12:51 PM
Huge TLJ fan so I am stoked for this flick. I just hope it is better than part 2 which was a bit lackluster. I do however, OWN MiB1 on BR. :D

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 01:00 PM
Huge TLJ fan so I am stoked for this flick.

"Did you ever flashy-thing me?"
"No"
"I ain't playing with you, K. Did you ever flashy-thing me?"
"No"

TLJ does ooze "coolness" in these flicks, doesn't he? :D

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2010, 01:35 PM
He oozes coolness in 90% of the films he is in.

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2010, 01:40 PM
I found both of the first two pretty unwatchable. The first was closer to a film I could like, but still sub par.

bassman
13-Apr-2011, 12:55 AM
Holy crap they turned Josh Brolin (http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=27628) into a young Tommy Lee Jones....

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/mib32.jpg

:eek:Incredible. I've heard reports of lots of trouble with the production of this flick and it's kinda put me off , but my jaw hit the floor when I saw those photos....

zombie04
21-Apr-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm looking forward to it. The first one was great, the second one had many problems I am for the most part willing to overlook, and I agree with the chemistry between Smith and Jones working perfectly. If I recall correctly the ending of MIB2 was drastically scaled back and rushed at the last minute because of 9/11. I think it originally was going to involve the World Trade Center but had to be discarded at the last minute for obvious reasons. Despite some of the problems I've been hearing about this new one, I think it will be enjoyable. An Independence Day 2 on the other hand I'm not so sure.

Neil
21-Apr-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm really just a bit mey about it... Unless I see something to excite me!

EvilNed
21-Apr-2011, 07:39 PM
The first film was funny, the second was meh and worst of all, it's been almost ten years. Who gives a f*ck about Men in Black?

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2011, 12:13 AM
The first film was funny, the second was meh and worst of all, it's been almost ten years. Who gives a f*ck about Men in Black?

I give a fuck about MiB

Danny
22-Apr-2011, 12:53 AM
eh, to be honest i only really liked the bits in 2 about k -or whatever letter tommy lee jones was, trying to live a normal life and then you find not only did he give up on his marriage to join the mib, but he had this alien daughter who he was giving up any chance of meeting when he took j on as his replacement. i mea sure smith is a funny guy, but there could have been a more serious story to be had about a shady government man wo cannot have it all no matter what path he picks in life and it was drowned under all the schtick.
i might watch this but ,eh, i can take it or leave it.

blind2d
23-Apr-2011, 09:02 PM
I think I feel the same way as Hells on this one.

Neil
25-May-2012, 03:07 PM
Best of the bunch? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55987

It took the MEN IN BLACK series a few films to finally get the formula right, and, even then, they had to go back in time to before the original MEN IN BLACK even happened, but MEN IN BLACK 3 is the most watchable and fun of the franchise. That may not be the case for everyone, particularly those who have an affinity for the first film, but, as someone who wasn’t excited by anything MEN IN BLACK offered up previously, MEN IN BLACK 3 is the best of the three.

-- -------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

One minute they love it, the next they hate it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56006

You know what? I'm done talking about this miserable movie. I'm truly baffled by any positive reaction to MEN IN BLACK III because the whole exercise seems like it was completed against the will of the primary participants. It might be slightly better than the miserable second chapter in this franchise, but only because of Rick Baker's work. Beyond that, I loathed just about every minute I spent watching it. Have fun mustering any enthusiasm for this lazy, boring exercise.

LouCipherr
25-May-2012, 03:15 PM
Wow, talk about polarizing reviews, eh?

bassman
05-Jun-2012, 05:02 PM
It's not a bad little flick. It has it's low points, but I certainly wouldn't call it "miserable" like the review posted above. All things considered, I think it fits in nicely with the previous two films. Nothing amazing, but a fun little scifi adventure with some good laughs. Probably a bit better than the second entry but a notch or two below the first.

After the financial success of this film, I imagine the studio will persuade them to make a fourth entry but it would probably be best if they didn't, imo. I didn't expect it, but his film actually wraps up the story of J & K very nicely. New revelations that alter the perception of the previous films and a nice place to close out the trilogy as one complete unit.

In all, I would say definitely check it out. I imagine it will be easy for some to hate, but if you're looking for a decent way to waste ninety minutes with some familiar characters and laughs - MIB3 works.

acealive1
06-Jun-2012, 03:32 AM
the movie had a serious tone to it for certain. they didnt focus on all the other stuff like in previous movies and got straight to the serious side. the funniest part was boris "laughing" at the hippies