PDA

View Full Version : Dawn at the cinema Japan!

drteeth
22-Apr-2010, 07:12 AM
Hey folks,
thought you might be interested in this.
To coincide with the upcoming Dawn of the Dead Japanese box set. the film is doing a tour of cinemas across Japan. Remastered so they say.
Here is a pic of the poster....I'm gonna try and get a few of these I think, there is a pile by the cinema door!
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3375/getattachmentgv.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/i/getattachmentgv.jpg/)

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2010, 08:36 AM
i would love to see any of the original romero dead films on the big screen...maybe one of these days i'll get lucky.

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2010, 04:13 PM
I haven't been so jealous of Japan since I found out some of the risque things they put in their vending machines!

Seeing Dawn in a modern theater would be incredible!

darth los
22-Apr-2010, 04:18 PM
I haven't been so jealous of Japan since I found out some of the risque things they put in their vending machines!

And afterwards you can get some used panties and pepsi. :p

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2010, 04:47 PM

as long as you saw it with a respectful group of people, and not a modern audience (usually a bunch of bored ADHD-ridden text-messaging teeny-boppers)....

seems like more often than not, when i go to the movies these days, i'm usually more bothered by the assholes in the audience than anything in the film.

MikePizzoff
22-Apr-2010, 05:14 PM
as long as you saw it with a respectful group of people, and not a modern audience (usually a bunch of bored ADHD-ridden text-messaging teeny-boppers)....

seems like more often than not, when i go to the movies these days, i'm usually more bothered by the assholes in the audience than anything in the film.

Same here, man. Last time I was at the movie theater? August of 2008. The time before that? August of 2007. People just fucking ruin it for me every time and make me not want to go. I think I have really bad luck because a lot of my friends say they never have any problems.

I'm always stuck with either the person directly behind your head with multiple BAGS of candy constantly crunching, the little kid kicking my seat, the person chewing ice in my ear, or the group of MTV kids in the front of the theater that are so loud they have the whole place yelling at them but seem to only get louder.

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2010, 05:16 PM
yeah, i've taken some advice from people with similar complaints and started going to see movies in the afternoon in the middle of the week. fuck all that friday night opening weekend madness.

darth los
22-Apr-2010, 05:48 PM
Same here, man. Last time I was at the movie theater? August of 2008. The time before that? August of 2007. People just fucking ruin it for me every time and make me not want to go. I think I have really bad luck because a lot of my friends say they never have any problems.

I'm always stuck with either the person directly behind your head with multiple BAGS of candy constantly crunching, the little kid kicking my seat, the person chewing ice in my ear, or the group of MTV kids in the front of the theater that are so loud they have the whole place yelling at them but seem to only get louder.

And then if you have the audacity to ask someone to be civilized you run the risk of starting WW3. :rolleyes:

:cool:

drteeth
22-Apr-2010, 11:58 PM
Sadly, it is being shown in an older cinema, but it is still the big screen.
Luckily, Japanese are very respectful as movie-goers.

re*AcesandEights: Weird stuff in vending machines are long gone I'm afraid. Only cigarettes and beers these days. When I first came here 7 years ago there were the famous pants and magazines though.