PDA

View Full Version : Michael Douglas' Son Sentenced to 5 years

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 04:32 PM
for heroin posession and "dealing large amounts of methamphetamine and cocaine"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/21/AR2010042101705.html

:stunned: wtf?

EvilNed
22-Apr-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, what did you expect? Drugs are illegal. And these aren't even the good kind of drugs, like alcohol and weed. This is just bad drugs. Well, I think so anyway. I haven't tried them.

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 04:37 PM
Well, what did you expect? Drugs are illegal. And these aren't even the good kind of drugs, like alcohol and weed. This is just bad drugs. Well, I think so anyway. I haven't tried them.

:lol: by "WTF" I didn't mean why did he get nailed or the length of his sentence - I meant I'm kinda shocked it was Michael Douglas' son and what he got nailed for.

Of course, we're all human beings, but still, I found this kinda surprising even though perhaps I shouldn't.

darth los
22-Apr-2010, 04:43 PM
:lol: by "WTF" I didn't mean why did he get nailed or the length of his sentence - I meant I'm kinda shocked it was Michael Douglas' son and what he got nailed for.

Of course, we're all human beings, but still, I found this kinda surprising even though perhaps I shouldn't.

Imo, things like this can go either way.

A kid who is born with a silver spoon in their mouth can either take advantage of their station in life and climb the ladder to success. Or, they can use the resources at their disposal to do things that aren't so healthy for them. Most of them are just socialites and are a waste of space, but sometimes they engae in things that make no sens like this.

You're right. Why would he do this? It's one thing to get drugged till you can't see on a daily basis but to actually sell, traffic or whatever is crazy. There are obviously some family issues here.

:cool:

SymphonicX
22-Apr-2010, 04:43 PM
that's a hell of a way to get his dad's attention...! Celebrity children no doubt act out in a more extreme manner....

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm going to look the other way and not make an image-related Catherine Zeta Jones/Mommy discipline related joke and just say the dude was caught with 5 pounds of Meth and has previous convictions. He's actually pretty lucky on the sentence, I think.

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 05:20 PM
So Catherine Zeta Jones is his stepmom? I'm not sure I could handle that. She would be my addiction.:lol:

http://www.bert.se/socker/images/Catherine_Zeta_Jones_010.jpg

fartpants
22-Apr-2010, 07:27 PM
Meth sounds like pretty evil shit...i wonder why we never got it over here

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 07:31 PM
It's the most evil of evils, man. Nothing compares really. Worse than crack, imo.

Here in the southern part of the states it's EVERYWHERE, too. There's not a day that goes by where I don't pass someone on the street and can just SEE that they're hooked on that shit. It literally breaks you down to a shell of a person. I've ended friendships because of it and had friends lose lives over it. It's really an awful thing...

I've always been proud to say that I never touched it once when it was all around me...

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Bassman is right - meth is probably the most evil illicit substance out there. If you look around on the 'net, you can see some 'before and after' pictures of people who got hooked on that shit. It's frightening - to say the least - what it does to the human body and mind. :(

fartpants
22-Apr-2010, 07:43 PM
thats what i thought, just find it weird that every drug thats popular in the u.s.a has found its way over here but not this one, luckily so imo

kudos to you Bassman for turning your back on it

darth los
22-Apr-2010, 07:53 PM
If you look around on the 'net, you can see some 'before and after' pictures of people who got hooked on that shit.

I have no idea what you mean...:confused:

http://binside.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/01/amybighairsm.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5L213Ip_Dg4/SI3OOXccdQI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/uSffcyprUlY/s400/winehouse2603_468x406.jpg

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 08:03 PM
:lol:

Ok, now THAT was funny! Winehouse FTW!

bassman
22-Apr-2010, 08:04 PM
Funny? FUNNY?!?!?

That's fucking horrifying, man. :hurl:

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 08:05 PM
When it comes to anything Amy Winehouse, it's funny. :lol: :p

There's nothing funny about meth addiction if that's what you mean though.

Not only that, I don't think Winehouse was even on Meth - isn't she into crack, coke and herion or something? I don't remember meth being mentioned in reference to her addictions, but who the hell knows.

fartpants
22-Apr-2010, 08:20 PM
:lol::lol: Winehouse makes Paris Hilton look sophisticated and lady-like :lol::lol:

EvilNed
22-Apr-2010, 08:22 PM
http://methfree.mesacounty.us/uploadedImages/Methfree/Images/addictfacesofmethL.jpg

darth los
22-Apr-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Bassman is right - meth is probably the most evil illicit substance out there. If you look around on the 'net, you can see some 'before and after' pictures of people who got hooked on that shit. It's frightening - to say the least - what it does to the human body and mind. :(

Jesus H. Fucking Christ !

Those don't even look like the same people ! :stunned:

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 08:29 PM
There we go. EvilNed found the pics.

Talk about devastating effects. :stunned: