PDA

View Full Version : So, yet another film get's 3D'd...

Neil
23-Apr-2010, 08:09 AM
Seems "The Last Airbender" is getting the 3D treatment now (in post production).

From what I've heard "Clash of the Titans" didn't do 3D any favours, so the concern is here the studios trying to make a quick buck shoot themselves in the foot and alienate the very audience that pays them...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Last-Airbender-To-Reach-Out-And-Steal-Your-Wallet-Joins-The-3D-Moneygrab-18225.html

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2010, 10:14 AM
Isn't The Last Airbender that Shyamalan flick? No wonder they wanna get bigger ticket prices, who in their right mind is going to see that shit? Seems like Hollywood is getting to hot for 3D, and using it way too much. It should just be kept as an 'event' gimmick - and that's as much as it can be - a gimmick.

The worries about how too much of it affects your eyesight as well don't make me any happier, too.

I saw Avatar in 3D, and that's been it. I'll go and see Tron Legacy in 3D, and that'll no doubt be the one 3D movie I see this year. Cinema tickets are already stupidly expensive, so I'm not paying through the nose for 3D as well on any old shit - especially tacked-on, money-grubbing 3D. Not that I was ever wanting to see Clash of the Titans, or Airbender at the cinema ... if at all.

They can go screw themselves. The love-in for 3D being 'like when sound was invented' is utter nonsense ... utter nonsense. Delusional, wishful thinking.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2010, 11:20 AM
Seems "The Last Airbender" is getting the 3D treatment now (in post production).

From what I've heard "Clash of the Titans" didn't do 3D any favours, so the concern is here the studios trying to make a quick buck shoot themselves in the foot and alienate the very audience that pays them...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Last-Airbender-To-Reach-Out-And-Steal-Your-Wallet-Joins-The-3D-Moneygrab-18225.html

This surprises you?

This is why I think 3D will always be a gimmick and will never fully engulf this generation as a full time treat. The studios will cram it down our throats until people get tired of hearing... IN 3D.

Neil
23-Apr-2010, 11:31 AM
Isn't The Last Airbender that Shyamalan flick?Yes... It's got to be his last chance of a career after "The Happening" - Diabolical film!

The worries about how too much of it affects your eyesight as well don't make me any happier, too.What worries?

Cinema tickets are already stupidly expensive, so I'm not paying through the nose for 3D as well on any old shit - especially tacked-on, money-grubbing 3D. Not that I was ever wanting to see Clash of the Titans, or Airbender at the cinema ... if at all.

They can go screw themselves. The love-in for 3D being 'like when sound was invented' is utter nonsense ... utter nonsense. Delusional, wishful thinking.
Yes, 3D is expensive... And my mate had a shock with his Orange Wednesday deal thing this week... Guess what... It doesn't include 3D films!

bassman
23-Apr-2010, 11:39 AM
This is the crap that gives 3D a bad name. If you're going to do it, do it right during production. Stop this after-the-fact slicing and dicing!:dead:

Tricky
23-Apr-2010, 12:23 PM
If the 3D was done as good as Avatar in all these 3D films then it would be fine by me, but Clash of the titans was pretty poorly done. Hopefully 3D wont die out because its been proved it can be awesome

LouCipherr
23-Apr-2010, 12:50 PM
I gotta be honest here: I don't think the 3D in Avatar is that good, for one main reason: there are DOF (Depth of Field) shots all over it (ie: the background or foreground are blurry, forcing your eyes to focus on what is in focus). Not to mention the rack focusing going on all over the place in this flick.

Umm, doesn't that make the whole idea of a 3D movie a moot point? That's the job of your eyeballs and what gives us depth perception in the first place. If the movie wanted to be in "true 3D" then there would be no DOF shots, no rack focusing, and and your eyes would do what they do naturally, causing you to see depth in the picutre.

I'm just sayin' I think 3D still has a long ways to go, and I'm not liking this trend of all these new movies being filmed like this.

Personally, if you ask me, this is Hollywoods reaction to piracy and they think making movies in 3D will slow it down or stop it. :lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2010, 12:51 PM
What worries?

Yes, 3D is expensive... And my mate had a shock with his Orange Wednesday deal thing this week... Guess what... It doesn't include 3D films!

I'd read somewhere that if you do too much of this 3D viewing stuff with the glasses, it can affect your eyes afterwards ... can't remember exactly, never followed up on the thing as I've only seen one 3D flick ... something to do with depth perception I think. Not sure really ... give it a Google?

As for the Orange Wednesday thing, I've never partaken in that, but yeah - there you go - 3D is just an easy way to screw the cinemagoer out of more cash.

Danny
23-Apr-2010, 01:54 PM
I'd read somewhere that if you do too much of this 3D viewing stuff with the glasses, it can affect your eyes afterwards ... can't remember exactly, never followed up on the thing as I've only seen one 3D flick ... something to do with depth perception I think. Not sure really ... give it a Google?

I read stuff about it myself, theres lots of warning signs warranting scientific study to see if stuff like avatar 3d imax is going all "that one porygon episode of pokemon that gave kids seizures" on our asses.

blind2d
24-Apr-2010, 07:36 PM
Actually, Burton's Alice was pretty good in 3-d. But yeah, I'm totally sick of it. people should just quite while they're ahead (but Hollywood doesn't seem to understand this concept much lately). Personally, I never want to see another movie in the Third Dimension (of marketing schemes). If it's really a movie worth seeing, it won't need the 3d to carry it... or something. Jackie Chan never did 3d. And really, how could you beat Captain Eo?

Danny
24-Apr-2010, 08:09 PM
Actually, Burton's Alice was pretty good in 3-d.

Burton's Alice was pretty good

Burton - good

wait, what?

Tricky
24-Apr-2010, 09:43 PM
Personally I would absolutely love to see Saving Private Ryan re-released in 3D, but only if they made sure it was properly done & painstakingly made sure the effects actually worked, the Omaha beach scene would be frigging awesome

blind2d
25-Apr-2010, 01:07 AM
Tim Burton, yes... I like his stuff. Well, most of it... yeah, sorry if I offend...

rongravy
25-Apr-2010, 05:11 AM
This surprises you?

This is why I think 3D will always be a gimmick and will never fully engulf this generation as a full time treat. The studios will cram it down our throats until people get tired of hearing... IN 3D.

When it becomes a fulltime thang, people will expect it to be the same ticket price. Personally, I like the upgrade, but not the jacked up price. And those fuckers could turn down the aisle lights, it gives me glare like a mofo!
As far as M Night, that guy can eat it. WTF with his twists? I can call his next move during my worst benders, that's how predictable he be.
Fucking plants?!?!? The last movie I saw... everybody was talking about how fucking lame he was. Let me write/make a movie. Might take me awhile but well worth the wait. The Star Wars of zombie flicks...

Neil
25-Apr-2010, 08:07 AM
When it becomes a fulltime thang, people will expect it to be the same ticket price. Personally, I like the upgrade, but not the jacked up price. And those fuckers could turn down the aisle lights, it gives me glare like a mofo!
As far as M Night, that guy can eat it. WTF with his twists? I can call his next move during my worst benders, that's how predictable he be.
Fucking plants?!?!? The last movie I saw... everybody was talking about how fucking lame he was. Let me write/make a movie. Might take me awhile but well worth the wait. The Star Wars of zombie flicks...

"The Happening" had potential, but the script/acting was just utterly terrible too often!

Danny
25-Apr-2010, 08:34 AM
"The Happening" had potential, but the script/acting was just utterly terrible too often!

John leguizimo and marky mark should have been given each others roles and that would have been a better movie.