PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown in the shit now....

LoSTBoY
29-Apr-2010, 08:08 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8650546.stm

Also link below, picture 5, my new facepalm picture :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/8649901.stm

Tricky
29-Apr-2010, 08:16 AM
We all do what he did I suppose, I know I do when I come off the phone with some of the people I deal with at work, but most of us arent in the position where we get caught. The BBC wheeled out all the usual labour supporters who would still vote for him if he opened up an Auschwitz in the UK though, "theres none so blind as those who dont want to see" springs to mind.
I cant stand the man!

krakenslayer
29-Apr-2010, 09:53 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8650546.stm

Also link below, picture 5, my new facepalm picture :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/8649901.stm

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely no chance of me voting for him at this election, but I can't help but feel I like him a little bit MORE because of this. Partly because it shows a human side to the droning automaton of Downing Street, partly because I find it reassuring that the man has the moral wherewithal to be, at least privately, outraged at comments he sees as bigoted. I'm not saying I agree with his evaluation of the woman (I didn't hear what she said), but it at least shows some kind of personal opinion on right and wrong, which I'm not sure all MPs have.

In any case it's moot, because, as I said, I'm not going to be voting for him.

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2010, 10:13 AM
Gordo never had my vote in a million years, but to the sorts out there in/on "the meeja" excusing it as "oh we all say things like that" ... maybe, but none of us are seeking re-election, none of us are the Prime Minster who re-engaged the woman in conversation, said it was great to see her (his standard line) and then mere seconds later slagged her off as a bigot because she dared to raise the issue of immigration.

As such it labels anyone concerned about immigration (in reality, millions upon millions of Britons - of all colours, too) as bigots.

Saw this news break live yesterday when I was having lunch, it proper made me LOL - then saw him hearing the clip live (and not realising there was a camera pointing straight at him as his body language betrayed all his inner feelings) on the Radio, and damn near fell out of my chair laughing ... ... then to cap it all off, the split-second the interview is over, he's out of his chair like a bullet shot from a gun and he storms out of the studio - all on camera. :lol:

Then a phone call apology isn't enough, so he stokes the meeja fire instead of just leaving it be, and goes to her house and apologises in person - for 45 bleedin' minutes ... as was said on the Sky News paper review last night, Brown took 20 minutes to sign us up to the EU against our will and without the promised referendum, but took more than double the time to apologise for calling a staunch Labour supporter, from a staunchly Labour family, a bigot!

I do hope she gave him a right bollocking ... her face when she was told what he'd said about her in the car, good god.

The clip also flags up Brown's natural attitude. The voter is a nuisance, and he - along with Labour - believe that the citizen is subserviant to the state (indeed in his first speech after the election was announced, he let out a Freudian slip that said the exact same thing). It also shows how he shifts blame onto anyone else - in this case Sue Nye, who has no doubt been ducking Nokias for the past 24 hours - and it also shows Brown to be an absolute useless moron. If he found that exchange, with a staunch Labour supporter asking simple questions to be "difficult", then how on earth can this man run a whole bloody country?!

We all might say things behind someone's back, but none of us are seeking re-election, and none of us are the Prime Minster ... ... and none of us were wearing a microphone that our own party demanded to be worn. :lol: The irony of it all...:D

Oh, and Nick Clegg can fuck off. :elol:

LoSTBoY
29-Apr-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't think the slur was that bad, but it's more than enough rope for the others to hang him with. I keep on thinking I'm seeing a new episode of 'The Thick of it' when I see the news videos. :)

I do hope she gave him a right bollocking ... her face when she was told what he'd said about her in the car, good god.

LOL, that was funny. When she heard him call her a bigot she stood up like she was going to run to number 10 and kick his head in. :D

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2010, 11:08 AM
Another irony of this all, is that Labour have spent the last 13 years creating a surveillance state where the citizen is guilty until proven innocent. They constantly repeat the ridiculous mantra of "if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear" ... ... how delicious it is then, that Brown falls into this hole.

mista_mo
29-Apr-2010, 11:16 AM
In before a 13 paragraph rant by Minionzom-

Fuck, just missed it.

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2010, 12:14 PM
In before a 13 paragraph rant by Minionzom-

Fuck, just missed it.
ha! It was only 7 ... eat it, bitch. :p:lol::p

:sneaky:

Kaos
29-Apr-2010, 12:15 PM
You Brits are funny at what you think is a scandal. A politician getting caught with a hooker, or dipping his cigar in strange places.... now THAT is a scandal... even though none of it is truly news worthy.

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2010, 02:01 PM
But I have to say I have been very impressed by how civil the discourse in their 'General Election' topic has been.

Tricky
29-Apr-2010, 02:10 PM
You Brits are funny at what you think is a scandal. A politician getting caught with a hooker, or dipping his cigar in strange places.... now THAT is a scandal... even though none of it is truly news worthy.

Ha ha we had all that in the early 90's, it was what finished off the Tory government at the time! The media dont really bother with stuff like that any more over here!

darth los
29-Apr-2010, 04:54 PM

A politician actually speaking his mind, even if it was unintentionally recorded, is really something to behold. I gotta say though, it makes me like him too.

They are all so robotic and scripted (hillary Clinton) because they play to their constituencies and only say things that they want to hear in order to fire them up. It's really refreshing.

:cool:

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2010, 05:44 PM
There's been plenty of scandal under Labour, mind ... indeed, they've taken it to the nth degree. Mandelson had to resign from office twice, and he is now - unelected - sitting in the Lords oozing snake oil from every pore.

John "Two Jags" Prescott, when not busy punching protesters in the face, or playing croquet on the lawns of mansions when he's supposed to be running the country in the PM's absense, can be caught fucking his staff in a manner described as - "like a cupboard falling on top of you with the key still in it".

Then there were the Labour Peers who were caught red handed accepting cash to ask questions etc in the House of Lords ... and they were inexplicably let off the hook.

Then there was the whole MP's Expenses debacle shafting everyone (the LibDems should stop the "holier than thou" act, especially when Clegg is personally quite fond of troughing ... and when they've spent £2.4 million of money donated to them by a man who is on the run from the police for fraud) ... although, really, the EU Expenses puts that in the shade, and the BBC Expenses - being that it's publically funded - must be examined too.

Blair was in trouble with the cops over the "cash for honours" scandal too, not long before he sodded off to earn his millions talking about himself.

And indeed today Kerry MacCarthy (Labour's "Twitter Csar" :rolleyes:) has gotten into trouble for breaking Electoral Law (reported to the police) for revealing the results of the first lot of Postal Votes in Bristol. She boasted the news on her Twitter feed and then desperately tried to delete the tweet, but it had already been picked up ... stupid, law breaking bitch.

In short, the tip of the ice berg. Labour have taken sleaze to a whole new level.

Tricky
29-Apr-2010, 05:55 PM
I gotta say though, it makes me like him too.

Woaaaahhh darth hold on there, dont like the man, even Hitler had his human side...
http://www.adverblog.com/archives/img/animapro-hitler.jpg

shootemindehead
30-Apr-2010, 08:05 AM
A load of nothing, blown way out of proportion.

Danny
30-Apr-2010, 08:56 AM
A politician actually speaking his mind, even if it was unintentionally recorded, is really something to behold. I gotta say though, it makes me like him too.

They are all so robotic and scripted (hillary Clinton) because they play to their constituencies and only say things that they want to hear in order to fire them up. It's really refreshing.

gotta admit its nice to hear an overheard politician being pissed off by hearing something they thought was racist than saying something racist yknow? :lol:

-though thats really the realm of sports commentators nowadays aint it?

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2010, 09:49 AM
I should also qualify this and say that nobody's saying it's a "scandal" - rather, it's a "gaffe". Two very different things. In the world of gaffes, it's a pretty darn delicious one.

Quite frankly though, it's amazing how lenient the public at large have been with Brown ... after signing us up to the EU against our will (after refusing to fulfil the promise of a referendum on it - Ireland got TWO referendums, a scandal in itself), after destroying the pensions of millions of people, after flogging off our gold at rock bottom prices (now known as "the Brown bottom"), after handling the public finances like an idiot throughout the boom years - then claiming "I got rid of boom & bust" - before we ended up in the biggest bust since the depression ... *deep breath* ... after the bullying allegations (of which there are so many, some of them simply have to be true), after the scandal of Damian McBride et al's smear operations inside Downing Street ... and after a million other things this fart-in-a-carrier-bag Gordon Brown has done to Britain, and he's still getting an inexplicably lenient ride from the public.

It's not a loving ride, mind, as Labour's poll numbers bear out - we've been hearing "Michael Foot territory" for over a week now, and they bloody well deserve it. :mad:

Rant over.

LoSTBoY
30-Apr-2010, 12:08 PM
I with you MZ.

Even though the majority of the 646 were caught bending the rules and actually stealing money like a benefit cheat, only 4 have been put in the big spotlight and charged.

Lord Mandelson of slithering has no right acting like he is a MP, really pisses me off he is getting payed for a job no one wants him in.

My biggest dispair is them treating the UK like a refugee camp, letting any old bugger in and giving them a home and house on the benefit, people coming into the UK have more rights than those who are born and live here it seems. We should be as tight as Australia or America when letting people stay, only if they offer something and only so many thousand a year.

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2010, 01:55 PM
Mass immigration has led to a whole host of social and public service problems and tensions. A policy created to spite "those bloody Tories" and to feather bed Labour's voting base (confirmed as such by an ex-advisor to Tony Blair who still supports Labour ... forget the name now, but it was revealed a couple of months back as such ... naturally the BBC or Sky News didn't bother listening to the startling revelation).

Anyway, mass immigration - the policy of an idiot - a policy that goes against basic human instincts that has led to untold social unrest and ghetto-isation of towns and cities across Britain.

*slow claps*

Well done...:rolleyes:

Immigration is necessary, but it also must be controlled properly ... and Labour's policy has been shambolic. Not to mention that Labour have cut front line people from Dover immigration ... they present themselves as tough on the immigration problem (that they created) and not cutting front line services, yet in this revelation today about Dover they've shown themselves up to be liars on both counts quite clearly.

I see that last night's (29th April) The Daily Show had the first half dedicated to Brown's gaffe - properly funny, and also a funny take on the 'quaintness' of the UK election (e.g. fighting over bus passes etc) ... which is funny, but it's also a serious issue once it's dug into further. It's the stuff you can't find a way to make funny for a comedy show that's the real problem.

Anyway, that episode of The Daily Show will be airing tonight on More4 - check it out, it's rather funny.

darth los
30-Apr-2010, 03:32 PM
gotta admit its nice to hear an overheard politician being pissed off by hearing something they thought was racist than saying something racist yknow? :lol:

-though thats really the realm of sports commentators nowadays aint it?

They say that in politics a gaffe is when they are caught telling the truth.

It's rediculous actually. The saying "you can't handle the truth" never rang more true.

Tricky
30-Apr-2010, 07:58 PM
Any UK folks watching Paxman on BBC? He's tearing Gordon a new arsehole on there! Gordons just talking his usual choreographed bollocks & rehearsed answers labour stylee :lol: the mans a PR disaster!

clanglee
30-Apr-2010, 09:49 PM
Are you guys watching the debates? I understand this is the first time there were public debates in British history? Maybe just on TV. . . . But how is it working out for you? Informative? Giving the general public a better idea who the d-bags are?

Tricky
30-Apr-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you guys watching the debates? I understand this is the first time there were public debates in British history? Maybe just on TV. . . . But how is it working out for you? Informative? Giving the general public a better idea who the d-bags are?

Its not doing anything good for UK politics to be honest, all its done is turned a hugely important event i.e. how our lives will be run for the next 5 years, into nothing more than one of those god awful TV talent shows like "the X factor" or "britains got talent" that the chav masses seem to love. Rather than the partys getting their point across about what they really stand for, its just a case of who has the best stage managed performance. All of them are just spewing their well rehearsed PR rhetoric which will mean absolutely nothing come may 7th when the people behind the front man of whichever party wins start pulling the strings. I havent even really watched the debates because im more bothered about what the partys real agendas are, and to find that out you have to dig a little deeper than most people are willing to go.
The general election should be decided on what people think will actually be good for the entire nation & they should vote accordingly based on a well thought through & researched decision, not a snap decision on who came out best on a staged argument.
I'll be voting blue this year because, like MZ has also said, they are closest aligned to my own political opinions, but my belief deep down is that the rot has firmly set in & that our society is on a steady decline that will carry on regardless of who wins the election, the politicians from all partys are too out of touch with us "proles" & more concerned about their careers to get a handle on the real problems such as the rapidly growing violent selfish underclass that populates all our towns & cities, and the growing storm clouds of the EU...

MinionZombie
01-May-2010, 10:43 AM
Any UK folks watching Paxman on BBC? He's tearing Gordon a new arsehole on there! Gordons just talking his usual choreographed bollocks & rehearsed answers labour stylee :lol: the mans a PR disaster!

And from the man who is not only married to a PR Guru (Sarah Brown), but a man whose party has increased PR spending by a stupendous amount ... all governments spin, even people in the street spin, but as with all things bad - Labour have taken it to the nth degree and ran off with all the biscuits and cakes.

I watched the first - they were all nervous, and while Cameron didn't live up to expectation (everyone thought he'd walk it, what with him have done dozens and dozens of these "Cameron Direct" things - where he goes across the country talking directly to voters, none of whom are party faithful, and answering their questions directly ... Clegg creeps around university campuses like a paedophile grooming his prey, and Brown has been cruising around Labour faithful front rooms having cups of tea or going to supermarkets saying "good to see you" to everyone and coming up with such crackers like "do you sell a lot of things here?") ... ... anyway ... ... while Cameron didn't live up to expectation, he didn't bottle the whole damn thing like the meeja narrative has said.

Brown upped his game in the 2nd debate, but he's been a fart-in-a-carrier-bag for all three debates, buggering along with the same "those Tories are c**ts and they'll eat your babies and murder you" schtick.

Clegg, simply by just being there on stage, got this big X-Factor/Britain's Got Talent/Big Brother style wave of moronic adoration based solely on him being there saying "I'm not like these other two bastards" and brown-nosing the people asking questions at the debates like he was about ready to blow them ... ... so he came 'from left field' according to the commentariat (the same people who'd not paid him a blind bit of attention for years).

Then in the second debate Clegg, naturally, didn't live up to the hype and his approval numbers fell, and he just played the same routine again. Blowing the audience and saying "I'm not like these other two" backed up with a lot of suffle-like wooly thinking.

Then in the third debate Clegg's act, identical to the last two weeks, became utterly irritating. By this time it was a bukkake festival and Clegg was the target, furiously jacking off the audience and again saying "I'm not like these other two" ... before getting royally sweaty-foreheaded when he was, at last, challenged on policy when it came to house building, the Euro, and immigration.

His polling numbers from these debates shot up in the first, but then dipped a fair amount in the second, and have continued to dip further after the third.

Cameron on the other hand had a weak start, then sorted himself out for the second debate, and then came out strong in the third - decisively winning that third debate (#1 was claimed as a Clegg victory, #2 was a tight race between Clegg and Cameron with either one edging it whoever you asked, and #3 was a decisive victory for Cameron).

The debates themselves have been often referred to as "boring", yet they also say they've been "game changers", and indeed they have - but only because of "The Clegg Factor" (cue X-Factor jingle) - which is quite frankly, bad for democracy. A bunch of skittery tarts (male and female) being lured in by Clegg's campus creeping image rather than actually analysing his policies. The same people who perpetuate the "bastard Tories" mantra because their parents told them to ... it's being treated by some as a bloody reality show, and the mainstream media haven't helped in the least.

The debates need to be 30 minutes shorter and clock in at an hour, the questioning needs to be more quick fire, and they should never ever allow Alastair Stewart of ITV to chair again (the first debate was on ITV ... not only did it show ITV have bugger all money in their coffers, but Stewart was a useless host).

The second debate was from Sky News - who blew their own trumpet for weeks, and utterly blew their load on the night itself with a ridiculously high budget extravaganza of lights and projector images on the host building and all sorts of fanfare ... with their political correspondent Adam Boulton (seasoned, usually quite good and fair ... but has a habit of umming-and-ahhing every other fucking word :mad:).

The third debate, a few days ago, was on the BBC - who again brandished their budget (publicly funded through the License "fee" aka Tax) - and had Jonathan (or was it David?) Dimbleby, again a seasoned political host, organising it all and doing a decent job of it.

But yeah, it needs to be shorter and more quick fire, and not treated like the fucking X-Factor. :dead:

*sigh*

Rant over.

LoSTBoY
01-May-2010, 11:28 AM

It was all a lot of promises without answers, when one challenged the other with a question the other changed the subject or threw back another question, much of the same as fucking usual. :mad: