PDA

View Full Version : Film/ Romero Questionnaire

sian
29-Apr-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey all,

I'm a film student and part of my course is to pick a director we like and engage with other film fans.
I have composed a really short questionnaire (5 questions) and hope you wouldn't mind helping me out and filling it in?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R288HBM

I very much appreciate your time and participation and none of your personal thoughts will be disclosed.

Thanks Again.

Sian :D

DjfunkmasterG
29-Apr-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey all,

I'm a film student and part of my course is to pick a director we like and engage with other film fans.
I have composed a really short questionnaire (5 questions) and hope you wouldn't mind helping me out and filling it in?

I very much appreciate your time and participation and none of your personal thoughts will be disclosed.

Thanks Again.

Done :D

Welcome, hope you stick around after your done with your survey. We need some fresh brains around here. :lol:

sian
29-Apr-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey,
Thanks for your help.
Yeah i think i will, i have never talked to people on forums before but its fun:D

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

do you like zombie films in general or just those by George A Romero?
Have you seen Zombie Land?

sian :)

krakenslayer
29-Apr-2010, 12:27 PM
Done. :D

I personally like zombie films in general, but have a particular attachment to Romero's films specifically. Often, non-Romero zombie films - particularly the low budget movies - tend to be poorly made and very campy, but for me that is part of the charm (although, I think most people around here are generally quite "mainstream" in their tastes and would disagree on that).

I saw Zombieland. It was okay, it had it's moments and it entertained me. It was a bit too slick and music-video-ish for my tastes though.

sian
29-Apr-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks again your responses are insightful and helpful!

Im a huge fan of zombie films myself. They terrify me and I think that is one of the reasons I love them so much. I really liked ZombieLand's light hearted approach to the genre and being a girl didn't mind so much the cheesy inclusion of a romance.

Out of interest do you class infected as the same as zombie?
Like 28 days later?

sian:D

krakenslayer
29-Apr-2010, 02:37 PM
Out of interest do you class infected as the same as zombie?
Like 28 days later?

sian:D

There's a huge, massive, in-depth debate on this in "the zombie genre is flawed" thread. Personally, I don't consider them zombies per se, but I'll sometimes refer to those movies as "zombie films" for the sake of simplicity (depending upon who I'm talking to and in what context), due to the fact that they fit the zombie movie archetype almost perfectly in every way, excluding one obvious factor: they're not undead.

scotch egg
29-Apr-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey all,

Thanks Again.

HA this is exactly what i did! (See: general questions) where do you study?

and whilst im here, i must say zombieland was a huuuuge disappointment, with the only redeeming factor of woody harrleson! i dont really think it merits discussion in a zombie forum! thats just my personal opinion though!

:cool:

bassman
29-Apr-2010, 03:10 PM
and whilst im here, i must say zombieland was a huuuuge disappointment, with the only redeeming factor of woody harrleson! i dont really think it merits discussion in a zombie forum! thats just my personal opinion though!

Because it was a comedy first and the zombies were just there to push the story along? It gets that a lot. Apparently people didn't pay attention to the trailers...

scotch egg
29-Apr-2010, 03:13 PM
Because it was a comedy first and the zombies were just there to push the story along? It get's that a lot. Apparently people didn't pay attention to the trailers...

im not the one who brought it up! im prefectly aware it was intended to be a comedy thankyou.... i just didnt find it funny! :p

bassman
29-Apr-2010, 03:17 PM
im not the one who brought it up! im prefectly aware it was intended to be a comedy thankyou.... i just didnt find it funny! :p

I wasn't pointing at you. Just a general statement and using your post as a spring board. It's one thing not to like the comedy, but it's another thing to complain about it not being the next zombie classic. Obviously it wasn't meant to be.

Survey done, btw.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Apr-2010, 03:32 PM
do you like zombie films in general or just those by George A Romero?
Have you seen Zombie Land?

sian :)

Zombie films in general, but not a huge fan of Fulci's stuff. I also enjoy Romero's stuff, he is the reason i became a filmmaker.

Yes I have seen Zombieland and I love it. Tis in my top 5 zombie films.

sian
29-Apr-2010, 03:44 PM
yeah im aware of the intended comedy and even though it is not a serious film I thought that there were epic moments 'Zombie kill of the week' with Woody Harrelson... made me a fan. I also really enjoyed the cross references to video games. Anyways i'm not hard to please any zombie/ infected (I'm aware of the ongoing debate) film finds it way into my DVD collection :D

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

you make films thats pretty cool... my friends at university are currently making a zombie film. Im actually dressing up as a zombie myself... i love getting involved as an extra and its so much fun putting on all the make up.

did you see Colin? I thought what they managed to achieve with that was really inspiring... made with such a tiny budget.