PDA

View Full Version : anyone else live out in the boondocks?

Mike70
04-Jun-2006, 07:24 PM
as you can see i live in oxford, ohio. which is pretty much like being on the dark side of the moon.

oxford is a very pretty, even picturaesque town and the campus of miami university (miami indian tribe and the miami river) is quite beautiful. but damn, it is full on 35 miles from here to cincinnati and about the same to dayton. there is exactly one road that connects oxford to cincinnati (us 27) and one road that connects it to dayton.

all roads may lead to rome but only two of them lead to oxford.

living out here has been harder on me than i thought it would be. i am unapologetic urbanite, having lived in hamilton county (where cincinnati is) most of my life. there are about 900,000 people in hamilton county compared to about 5,000 or so in oxford (minus the students). small towns, however pretty they are, suck in my book.

deadwrtr
05-Jun-2006, 04:13 AM
http://www.deaderthanyou.net/dscf0001.jpg

I live in the city, but thought, gee, a pond might be nice. So I dug myself a hole, threw some water in and a couple of fish, and viola!

Pond!

I miss the country, and now with this pond, in the middle of the city, it's weird to see raccoons frolicking, possums sniffing and all sorts of birds investigating the water.

Gotta watch those raccoons. They'll eat the fish.

I did all the landscaping at the front of my house too. (the red one) When I started, the front yard was barren scrub grass, weeds and chunks of concrete. It's coming along, but I really want to get more perennials. (sp?)

http://www.deaderthanyou.net/dscf0017.jpg

Next year, I'm putting in a rock garden!!

Danny
05-Jun-2006, 05:24 AM
well i live on a ****ty estate in the u.k with pale brick houseing built over an army base.

wonder what those barrels labeled "245 - trioxin" we dug up were for?:lol:

livingdead7
05-Jun-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm from Ohio...eastern border with West Virginia. I'll take Oxford over Nebraska anyday. I pas 7 cornfields on my way to work everyday.

Mike70
05-Jun-2006, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=hellsing wonder what those barrels labeled "245 - trioxin" we dug up were for?:lol:[/QUOTE]

i'm calling the number written on the side of the tank.

they seem to have some sort of plan for dealing with this.

Tri0xin
05-Jun-2006, 06:50 PM
And my old highschool played eightman football. Cross Timbers, Missouri.

Now, I spend pretty much all my time in New Madrid, MO, down in the boothill. There's nothing much here either, except black people and cotton gins and mudcats.

Missouri is a strange state. Kansas City, Springfield, St. Louis all seem pretty urban and fast paced. Then you start heading down south, and the closer you get to Arkansas or Tennessee, it's like time slows down to a crawl. It's just a different way of life in Southern Missouri. Kind of nice, but kind of boring too.

Tricky
05-Jun-2006, 07:13 PM
Heres the view from my bedroom window,out in the wilderness,but theres towns 6 miles either way,one of which is a seaside town,and its only a half hour drive to the nearest city so its not too bad really
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5415/dsc019286ea.jpg