PDA

View Full Version : Attempted carbombing in Times Square

MikePizzoff
05-May-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't believe I didn't hear about this until now:

http://www.slate.com/id/2252921/?GT1=38001

Danny
05-May-2010, 06:31 PM
i did find it odd this was only reported on yahoo news and no where else i visit.

Maybe to keep down panic?:rockbrow:

AcesandEights
05-May-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't believe I didn't hear about this until now

I can't believe you didn't either! It's been all over the news.

Then on Monday when their was some sort of explosion in the sewers out front of the NY Times building (blasts of flame blowing manhole covers off were reported) complete with billowing black smoke, I thought about posting about it, as well. Pretty sure there was a fairly mundane cause for that incident, though.

How do you know when activity in Times Square is suspicious? Don't people act suspiciously there all the time?

:nod:

darth los
05-May-2010, 06:58 PM
And isn't it funny how the first thing we think of when something like that is terrorism? And it's going to be like that for the rest of our lives.

The terrorists have won ! :stunned:

:cool:

AcesandEights
05-May-2010, 07:13 PM
And isn't it funny how the first thing we think of when something like that is terrorism? And it's going to be like that for the rest of our lives.

Well, that was because some dude tried to blow up Times Square the day before that, Darth. I think a lot of people would acknowledge the possibility that it could be related to a gas main issue, as such things happen from to time in the city, but something would be off if the possibility of terrorism didn't go through one's mind the day after someone tried to detonate a car bomb a few blocks away.

darth los
05-May-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, that was because some dude tried to blow up Times Square the day before that, Darth. I think a lot of people would acknowledge the possibility that it could be related to a gas main issue, as such things happen from to time in the city, but something would be off if the possibility of terrorism didn't go through one's mind the day after someone tried to detonate a car bomb a few blocks away.

I realize that buddy. What I was refering to is that ever since 9/11 whenever an accident or something like the plane crash landing in the hudson last year the first thing that spring to mind is terrorism. And it all stems from 9/11, not sunday's bomb attempt.

Danny
05-May-2010, 07:31 PM
I realize that buddy. What I was refering to is that ever since 9/11 whenever an accident or something like the plane crash landing in the hudson last year the first thing that spring to mind is terrorism. And it all stems from 9/11, not sunday's bomb attempt.

To paraphrase Chris Rock "what ever happened to 'crazy'? " :lol: