View Full Version : J.J. Abrams "Super 8"

CoinReturn
07-May-2010, 03:56 PM
The trailer was attached to Iron Man 2, here's a mediocre quality bootleg, enjoy:

NECsrx7VC3I

Already confirmed not to be a prequel or sequel to Cloverfield, but it may be shot in the same first person perspective. Produced by Steven Spielberg, takes place in 1979.

MinionZombie
07-May-2010, 04:48 PM
Hmmm ... if that's footage from the actual film, then it won't be POV ... maybe some parts of it will be POV at most. There was almost a touch of Close Encounters in a couple of those shots too ... anyone else think so?

Hopefully this'll be better than Cloverfield ... cos that flick was pish.

krakenslayer
07-May-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmmm ... if that's footage from the actual film, then it won't be POV ... maybe some parts of it will be POV at most. There was almost a touch of Close Encounters in a couple of those shots too ... anyone else think so?

Hopefully this'll be better than Cloverfield ... cos that flick was pish.

The title, however, strongly suggests that at least some of the movie will be shot in POV style. It's possible that this is not footage from the actual film, but just a made-for-viral thing.

bassman
07-May-2010, 05:48 PM
Kinda dull when compared to the excitement of the Cloverfield release date teaser.

I'm mildly interested, though...

MinionZombie
07-May-2010, 06:07 PM
But surely, it's unlikely to be done POV in the Cloverfield style ... cos you can't shoot like that for that long on the run with 8mm ... and what about sound, etc?

So I'm thinking parts will be POV ... it could be a footage 'just for the teaser', but it could equally be actual shots from the movie.

bassman
12-May-2010, 12:08 PM
I've just been reading that there are things hidden within the trailer. A boy's face in the camera lens, voices saying "scariest thing I ever saw", and that then leads to a viral site. In typical Abrams fashion....

Speaking of typical Abrams fashion, the main thing I gained from the HD trailer is his lense flair. Seriously.....it's over use damn near put a negative mark on the new Star Trek, and now it's here again in this trailer? Please don't rely on that for every single thing, man.:dead: