PDA

View Full Version : Zombies: The Beginning

krakenslayer
08-May-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm watching this now on Megavideo. Bruno Mattei's last film and it's absolutely hilarious; basically an uber-low budget, scene-for-scene, line-for-line remake of Aliens... but with those lame, snarling zombies that always show up in Mattei pictures. I mean, literally, I'm amazed they didn't get sued: woman wakes up in a lifeboat, gets taken to hospital, has a nightmare while hospital staff attend to her, wakes up, goes to a meeting of company bigwigs and they argue about why she blew up a ship while the victims of the previous film (Island of the Living Dead) are projected on a wall behind her, etc. etc.

Also, one of the soldiers says "Zombies? Like George Romero?" when they mention the living dead, but they still don't know to shoot them in the head when the see them.

Looks like it was shot in Singapore or Thailand or some other sweaty, cheap-looking South East Asian location, and about 90% of the cast are locals dubbed in awful American accents. Well, I say "American, but it sounds like English wasn't the first language of the dubbing cast either; the grammar and delivery of so many of the dubbed lines are eye-gougingly bad: "There's some kind of... dead come back to life!!"

Oh God it's so baaaaad!!! People who think Survival is the worst zombie movie ever need to watch more movies like this.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHA! Just got to the scene where the soldiers enter the infested base. Identical, except instead of dead facehuggers on the ground, they find rubber intestines, and when they find the still barely living woman, she's pregnant and a zombie fetus rips out of her, instead of an alien. :lol:

AcesandEights
08-May-2010, 08:32 PM
Awesome!

I just wish I had more patience for low production values.

Epidemic79
12-May-2010, 04:58 PM
"Looks like it was shot in Singapore or Thailand or some other sweaty, cheap-looking South East Asian location, and about 90% of the cast are locals dubbed in awful American accents."

Sure that STEVEN SEAGAL didnt have something to do with this movie??? Sounds like something he'd co produce/star in.-lol!

He already did that Vampire flick a couple years back. Hell,I've been waiting the last 5 years for him to just brake down and do a Zomibe flick already!:lol:

fulci fan
16-May-2010, 12:30 AM
Mattei ain't no Argento or Fulci but he made films that were entertaining. I think his last two zombie films are a lot better than the shit Romero puts out now. :rolleyes:

Mike70
16-May-2010, 01:25 AM
sounds perfectly dreadful.

apart from argento and mario bava, i avoid italian made movies like i avoid bums with bloody coughs. that place has churned out some of the worst directors and films ever. period.

fulci fan
16-May-2010, 01:27 AM
:annoyed: