PDA

View Full Version : First year of grad school done

zombie04
09-May-2010, 02:49 AM
Hello all, I've taken a little leave from this site to work on some rather heavy research in the last few months as well as wrapping up an internship at a think tank. I survived in tact so right now the only I want to do for the next few weeks is to sit back and relax. Having said that does anybody have any good recommendations for books, music, movies, etc.

Because I've been so wrapped up in studying I've had very little time to figure out what's come out, what's good, and so forth. Since this site has always come through on good recommendations, what say you?

Terran
09-May-2010, 11:24 AM
What type of grad school?....

In terms of movies:
Defendor (I was really surprised with this)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (if you like Wes Anderson movies)

And thats about all Ive seen recently that I thought was good....

zombie04
09-May-2010, 07:51 PM
It's a US Foreign Policy program at American University in DC. Good program, but the work has left very little time for enterntainment and social contact. I'm tearing through my Stephen King backlog and I haven't been to or seen any movies for quite a while. Needless to say, these next two months I aim to be somewhat of a slug.

EvilNed
09-May-2010, 08:03 PM
What do you do at an internship at a think tank?

zombie04
10-May-2010, 12:26 AM
I look into hard power capabilities of a few countries (largely the UK as of late) and put together dossiers and briefings for scholars to include in books they're working on. Honestly it's fun for a few weeks, then after that it just loses its charm.

Publius
10-May-2010, 10:34 AM
Very interesting, well done!