PDA

View Full Version : OK! Would you take this little walk?

Neil
09-May-2010, 06:53 AM
JM_SbAs5lxE

4:40 & 5:40 onwards!!!! :stunned::eek:

Tricky
09-May-2010, 04:53 PM
I dont know which is more frightening, the walk itself, or the fact that someone once worked at that height building those steps & walkways! :eek: I've jumped out of a plane at 15,000 feet & would do it again, but im not sure I could walk along there!

Mr.G
10-May-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh hell no. Was there a railing or just balancing himself? Unreal.

LouCipherr
10-May-2010, 02:07 PM
I saw this video a few months ago and it COMPLTELY freaked me out. Anyone crazy enough to take that walk has a few screws loose.

a bit of info about that particular place:

El Caminito del Rey (The King’s pathway, often shortened to El Camino del Rey) is a walkway, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Alora in Spain.

The walkway has now gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. Some parts of the walkway have completely collapsed and have been replaced by a beam and a metallic wire on the wall.

Many people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years. After four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000, the local government closed the entrances. However, adventurous tourists still find their way into the walkway.

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2010, 02:36 PM
I could have sworn someone posted this on here last year. I remember watching it and my heart was beating 110 mph while that guy naivigated over those open areas and rails.

:eek:

AcesandEights
10-May-2010, 03:01 PM
Whoah, 5:13 freaked me out! And 5:40 was just sick, but there's something about seeing the holes in the walkway at 5:13 that just really seems freaky to realize how thin and failing the surface you're walking on is.

bassman
10-May-2010, 03:19 PM
Looks like the state of the roads here in Georgia.:p

It's crazy that the dude tried it, but what's REALLY crazy is that he was filmming it at the same time. Whoa.

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2010, 06:23 PM
Looks like the state of the roads here in Georgia.:p

It's crazy that the dude tried it, but what's REALLY crazy is that he was filmming it at the same time. Whoa.

agreed.

Ballsy. stupid, but ballsy :D

Mike70
10-May-2010, 06:35 PM
i'd go for it. hiking and climbing are two of my life long interests. i've done things like that in california, utah, and ky but the paths were all in a much better state of repair. still, i'd probably go for it.

Neil
10-May-2010, 07:04 PM
i'd go for it. hiking and climbing are two of my life long interests. i've done things like that in california, utah, and ky but the paths were all in a much better state of repair. still, i'd probably go for it.

Bet you, you'd wear the safety harness!

In some places there he's walking along 4inch wide pipes/rods of metal, which if his footing slipped, he'd almost certaily die... Mental!

darth los
10-May-2010, 07:23 PM
That mo fo is crazy.

That is all.

:cool:

krakenslayer
10-May-2010, 08:37 PM
I'd do it BUT... not with only one free hand (the dude is nuts, doing that while holding a camera).

There is a railing along the left hand side of most of the path, particularly at the "caved in" parts (it's most obvious the first time he walks along a metal pole), so you at least have that to hand on to... but I'd want both hands free to be able to grab the rocks if something went wrong.

Actually I'd be more frightened walking along the "paved" parts. At least the metal is strong but the concrete, or cement, or whatever it is, is obviously not very sturdy and has collapsed in several places already. If the ground falls from under you, you're screwed...

Tricky
10-May-2010, 09:54 PM
Just had a read of the history of that footpath, seems the king of spain took the first walk on it in 1905 & it was a path for the workers of two nearby hydro-electric power plants to use for moving stuff between them, imagine that as your walk to work, even when it was in a good state of repair :stunned:

Neil
11-May-2010, 10:15 AM
CBU2XVYh6qg

LouCipherr
11-May-2010, 01:43 PM
CBU2XVYh6qg

man, there are adrenaline junkies, and then there's people who are just plain nuts... these two are the latter....:stunned:

Mike70
13-May-2010, 05:33 PM
Bet you, you'd wear the safety harness!

there is absolutely no doubt to that. as far as i know, there's no cure for gravity.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

CBU2XVYh6qg

that looks like a fun hike but on a motorbike? NEGATIVE.

when i am hiking or climbing, i am known for having ZERO humor when it comes to dicking around. you either do things safely or you are tempting the gods.

in fact i have what i call the "outdoor mantras of idiocy" they go something like this:

1. "i've done this 1,000 times and nothing's ever happened."

2. "i am an expert at this. i have all the experience and knowledge i need."

i have seen these two statements lead to disaster.