PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Terran
13-May-2010, 12:35 AM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Just saw this tonight ....what a cool little movie....

Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) stars as Billy, A.K.A. Dr. Horrible, a budding super-villain whose plans for world domination continually go awry. His two goals: getting accepted into the Evil League of Evil, and working up the guts to speak to his laundromat crush Penny, played by Felicia Day (The Guild). The only thing standing in his way is Captain Hammer, Billy's superhero arch-nemesis played by Nathan Fillion (Firefly). With one big score, Billy could get into the E.L.E. and earn the respect of Penny, but only if he can keep her away from the dashing Captain Hammer...

If your willing to watch a musical go into it with no expectations...I really enjoyed it...

Trin
13-May-2010, 02:30 PM
You don't need to disclaimer it as "if you're willing to watch a musical." The music was hilarious. You might say "if you're willing to watch something hysterically funny." :)

Dr. Horrible was one of the bright spots of the writer's strike of the time. Dr. Horrible is a great character and the whole thing just works. It's genius.

If you get the DVD there are clips of various super-villain video submissions to join the Evil League - some of them are hilarious too. Lord Stabbington comes to mind.

Terran
13-May-2010, 04:30 PM
You don't need to disclaimer it as "if you're willing to watch a musical."
Some people are violently opposed to musicals...Thus far only a few come to mind that I really enjoyed...
Little Shop of Horrors
Jesus Christ Superstar
Sweeney Todd
and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

But yeah Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blod was kickass

BillyRay
13-May-2010, 04:56 PM
What, Terran, no love for Xanadu? :lol::lol::lol:

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Xanadu2.jpg

wayzim
13-May-2010, 11:25 PM
Some people are violently opposed to musicals...Thus far only a few come to mind that I really enjoyed...
Little Shop of Horrors
Jesus Christ Superstar
Sweeney Todd
and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

But yeah Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blod was kickass

Agreed.
A Lady Friend dragged me to this at last years Philcon. A good time was had, for sure. I'm not sure home video could rival improv audience participation, but maybe for party night.

Wayne Z

Terran
18-May-2010, 06:03 PM
Of the 8 songs on the soundtrack I decided that there are 5 that I really like. I like them enough that they made it to my current playlist...and the others I liked enough to keep them in my music Library.
The ones I like:
"My Eyes"
"So They Say" (included because Nathan Fillion parts I find particularly amusing)
"Brand New Day"
"Slipping" (Would be my favorite song of the bunch if it didn't have the brief non-song elements)
"Everything You Ever"

Since "Slipping" had that one issue that prevented it from being my favorite song "My Eyes" "Brand New Day" and "Everything You Ever" tie as #1.

Included are the scenes in which these songs are done.
"My Eyes"
qDbAgPmqRw0
"So They Say"
9aksof50qPI
"Brand New Day"
ILObfEzX92k
"Everything You Ever" Warning viewing the video of this song will spoil the end of the movie!
eKCxs2s-CG4

Pretty kickass huh?