PDA

View Full Version : "Forbidden Planet" next for Cameron?

Neil
13-May-2010, 01:48 PM
With possibly J. Michael Straczynski involved I'm excited!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Script-Review-Forbidden-Planet-Could-Be-James-Cameron-s-Next-18557.html

bassman
13-May-2010, 02:03 PM
It's like Avatar with more originality.

eww. That sentence has me torn. "Like Avatar" makes me cringe, but I guess "more originality" is a good thing...

JDFP
13-May-2010, 02:04 PM
Darn, I was hoping you were referring to the great director Cameron Crowe, but alas only the so-so James Cameron...

j.p.

BillyRay
13-May-2010, 02:06 PM
I had heard about this awhile ago. At least they're getting names associated with good Speculative fiction involved.

I would rather they leave the Leslie Neilsen/Robby the Robot epic alone and just do a version The Tempest with Science Fiction/Fantasy overtones. (Go back to the original film's roots)

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/robby-the-robot-from-the-001.jpg

bassman
13-May-2010, 02:09 PM
Darn, I was hoping you were referring to the great director Cameron Crowe, but alas only the so-so James Cameron...

j.p.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, bitch. Say what you will about Avatar, but Cameron has made some of the greatest Sci Fi films of all time.

And fyi, the bitch thing was a joke. You're cool, JP.:cool:

JDFP
13-May-2010, 02:14 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, bitch. Say what you will about Avatar, but Cameron has made some of the greatest Sci Fi films of all time.

"The Abyss" and "Aliens" are two of my most favorite Sci-Fi films ever created -- absolutely incredible films. Not a fan of "Titanic" or "Avatar" though. It would be nice to see Cameron getting back to basics though. :cool:

j.p.

bassman
13-May-2010, 02:17 PM
AHEM....what about Terminator 1 & 2? :p

I actually like Titanic. It takes a lot of heat, but I think it's great.

Neil
13-May-2010, 02:57 PM
"The Abyss" and "Aliens" are two of my most favorite Sci-Fi films ever created -- absolutely incredible films. Not a fan of "Titanic" or "Avatar" though. It would be nice to see Cameron getting back to basics though. :cool:

j.p.

"Aliens" / "Abyss" = Basics? LOL! Nothing particularly basic about those suckers :)

The directors cut of The Abyss is just amazing!