PDA

View Full Version : AICN hates "Robin Hood"...

Neil
13-May-2010, 03:46 PM
I feared it wouldn't be very good and it seems Harry really really didn't like it...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45053

bassman
13-May-2010, 03:52 PM
Ouch. I only glanced over it as I didn't want spoilers, but it doesn't sound too nice.

Ridley Scott and terrible in the same sentence? Say it isn't so!

I remember when this project first started and it was a reversal of the classic Robin Hood tale. That I really wanted to see. Then they switched it back to the same ol deal. Looks more like a Gladiator 2 cash in than anything I would spend good money on. Waiting for TV, I guess...

AcesandEights
13-May-2010, 03:59 PM
Fuck Gladiator Hood.

During the first 5 seconds of the trailer I thought...'Could this actually be a nice historical drama about...say...the Norman invasion?'

Nope.

Another god damned Robin Hood movie.

darth los
13-May-2010, 04:22 PM
Another god damned Robin Hood movie.

^^^^

This.

When I saw the commercial I threw up in my mouth a little.

Do we honestly need another one of these? Can a director honestly say that he has a fresh vision for this tired tale?

:cool:

BillyRay
13-May-2010, 04:58 PM
If it don't got Daffy Duck, I ain't interested.

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/daffy1.jpg

"Actually it's a Buck-and-a-Quarterstaff, but I'm not telling HIM that..."

MikePizzoff
13-May-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't understand why so many people are looking forward to it. Like you guys said, it's essentially Gladiator 2. Looks like rubbish!

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2010, 06:58 PM
I feared it wouldn't be very good and it seems Harry really really didn't like it...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45053

If Fincher doesn't direct it it seems everything AICN watches sucks.

LouCipherr
13-May-2010, 06:59 PM
if it don't got daffy duck, i ain't interested.

this!

darth los
13-May-2010, 07:09 PM
If Fincher doesn't direct it it seems everything AICN watches sucks.

You know, now that you mention it i haven't seen them give anything a GOOD review. What are they? Malcontents or something?

bassman
13-May-2010, 07:15 PM
What are they?

Overweight cripples?

....too soon?

Tricky
13-May-2010, 07:24 PM
I'll be watching it & i'll probably enjoy it, this one isnt trying to be a humorous telling of the tale (aka prince of thieves), and even if the story turns out bad i'll still enjoy the battle scenes & the sets which even by that gimp of a reviewers opinion are good.
That reviewer seems focused for at least a paragraph on the fact that Russell Crowe is 47 & would be dead by that age in the period the film is set, fair point but thats Crowes actual age, does it say anywhere in the film that Robin Hood is also 47 or could it just be that Crowe is playing a younger man?
The reviewer also sounds like one of those foul mouthed opinionated gloyts that hang around on youtube posting bad comments all over every video, so I'll reserve judgement until I see the film myself. I quote him
FUCK HISTORY.

Tell the legend of Robin Hood.

The point is that it is just a legend, and legends are open to interpretation seen as they are not backed up by any real facts, so its up to Ridley Scott to tell his version of the story, who's to say he's right or wrong just because the story doesnt follow the same lines as the disney or Kevin Costner versions? And setting the legend against a historically accurate backdrop of that period of time isnt a bad thing either. Maybe I'll eat my words after seeing it, but Im not avoiding it on the opinion of someone who, judging by his writing style, seems a bit of a gobshite :)

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2010, 07:55 PM
You know, now that you mention it i haven't seen them give anything a GOOD review. What are they? Malcontents or something?

Probably... :p

krakenslayer
13-May-2010, 08:32 PM
2w7ALMIUy74

bassman
13-May-2010, 08:36 PM
There's only one true Robin Hood film -

0lUjhEHlh7s&hl=en_US&fs=1&

darth los
13-May-2010, 08:46 PM
Of course. Dave Chappelle makes everything funny. :p

I'm a princess bride man myself though.

Neil
14-May-2010, 10:59 AM
Another poor AICN review - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45090

Tricky
30-May-2010, 12:07 AM
I've just come back from this film, and despite some awful reviews I've read, I actually really enjoyed it! fair enough theres some issues with the medieval timeline, a few historical innaccuracies (such as the cremation, and the medieval D-Day landing ships raise an eyebrow) but its still a good film in my opinion & far better than the awful "prince of thieves" or that pish politically correct series the BBC have been running!