View Full Version : China scientists find use for cigarette butts

darth los
13-May-2010, 05:40 PM
How one would initially think about doing this is beyond me. Perhaps it has something to do with the population size and them wanting to absolutely exhaust every possible resorce.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100513/sc_nm/us_butts

:cool:

Terran
13-May-2010, 05:45 PM
I found the most humourous part to be the responses to this story.

darth los
13-May-2010, 05:46 PM
I found the most humourous part to be the responses to this story.

I guess people who post without actually reading the whole thing through is not just limited to this site. :rolleyes:

Terran
13-May-2010, 06:05 PM
Perhaps they just read the Title and the first sentence...

So a person reads....

China scientists find use for cigarette butts
Reuters
Thu May 13, 3:21 am ET

HONG KONG (Reuters) – Chemical extracts from cigarette butts -- so toxic they kill fish -- can be used to protect steel pipes from rusting, a study in China has found.

Instantly they have enough information to form an opinion
and are compelled to share their wisdom.
KCP 3 hours ago writes:

Gee, yet another way China can introduce a cancer causing agent into our buildings and structures.

As if lead based jewlery, toxic drywall, poisoned milk and toxic pet food wasn't enough?

I often wonder...If people like KCP were impaled would they still fail to get the point. :skull:

Neil
14-May-2010, 03:04 PM
How one would initially think about doing this is beyond me. Perhaps it has something to do with the population size and them wanting to absolutely exhaust every possible resorce.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100513/sc_nm/us_butts

Nearly 60 percent of men in China smoke, puffing an average of 15 cigarettes per day.

WOW!

darth los
14-May-2010, 03:10 PM
Nearly 60 percent of men in China smoke, puffing an average of 15 cigarettes per day.

WOW!

Think they have a stressfull life?

Because of their gov't being able to do pretty much anything they want who knows what the hell is going on over there. But yeah, that is a startling statistic.

EvilNed
14-May-2010, 03:29 PM
Because of their gov't being able to do pretty much anything they want who knows what the hell is going on over there. But yeah, that is a startling statistic.

To be fair, much of eastern europe is the same.

darth los
14-May-2010, 03:37 PM
To be fair, much of eastern europe is the same.

Must be a communist thing then I guess. :p

Terran
14-May-2010, 03:46 PM

g_mMKgc5snc

EvilNed
14-May-2010, 03:52 PM

I blame the rise of capitalism.