PDA

View Full Version : Hmm um.......so I guess I just saw the new Romero movie.

sgrosse
16-May-2010, 04:20 AM
Ill start off by saying that this movie was not bad. In fact, I kinda liked it in parts. However, Im am not here to review this movie, there are plenty others on this site who could put forth a more elequant attempt at that than I ever could.

My main this is, what the hell is the deal with the zombie riding a horse? Was it a zombie horse? Okay, sure she was chained to the horse, but come on what the hell? Your telling me, this woman can ride a horse, a very complicated thing to do, and not only that, but jump with the horse and stick the landing?

Okay, I can forgive that. Maybe zombies are natural equestrians. Hell, Ive seen zombies run on ceilings before(and have been trying to scrub that image out of my minds eye ever since) so why not Kentucky derby zombies. But what puzzles me is, she cant figure out how to get out of a 2 foot tall fence when they had her in the coral. So if she got on the horse, she could just jump the bloody thing, but if she's on foot, she's powerless before it.

Now Im not saying that its poor story telling. Romero can still spin a pretty good yarn. and yes, I know that its important to suspend belief. But a zombie riding a horse? and the hope for all humanity is that she eats the horse? Well, she wasnt eating anyone when she was on the bloody animal, what is she going to do when she gets done chomping on the horse? Thats right, she is just going to come after you. The only differnce is now she will also eat horses.

rant over.

Hugs
Stephen