PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead Boardgame

Kaos
18-May-2010, 01:48 AM
I think most folks know that there was a boardgame for Dawn of the Dead. It was published by SPI and was the geekiest of the geekish games of the period. The game has been available for download, print and play for many years, and so you probably know how drab the game's artwork is.

Now a group called Witchmaster Creations is offering the game for download print and play with updated graphics.

The link for their page is here:

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/dawn.php

And below is an animated gif of the old vs new artwork:

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/images/dawn_board.gif

Enjoy...

Neil
18-May-2010, 08:06 AM
Charming! So they 'borrow' some of my hard work and post it as their own with not so much as even a mention or thank you? :(

Kaos
18-May-2010, 12:05 PM
It could be a direct copy of your original scans, but it is hard to say given that they provide various ways to get the board. Unless there is a marker of some sort, they could have just as easily worked from an original copy of the game as these are in many people's collections (including my own), amd still obtainable. And if that is the case, then any hard feelings for them copying an out of print game are probably misplaced.

Neil
18-May-2010, 12:47 PM
It could be a direct copy of your original scans, but it is hard to say given that they provide various ways to get the board. Unless there is a marker of some sort, they could have just as easily worked from an original copy of the game as these are in many people's collections (including my own), amd still obtainable. And if that is the case, then any hard feelings for them copying an out of print game are probably misplaced.

Their original scan of the board (if you look) has "www.homepageofthedead.com" in it, which obviously I put on there! (Look bottom right in the car park)

But more importantly, the manual they've included is the one I hand typed in/crafted from scratch! Can you imagine how much time went into that? Typing every word from the original rules into a Word document, and copying/formatting every image and table into it as well?

Kaos
18-May-2010, 01:16 PM
Then definitely an email to them is in order.

Kaos
19-May-2010, 12:14 AM
Then definitely an email to them is in order.

Looks like they got your message. The site has been updated with a special thanks to you, Neil. Now, can we discuss the merits of the update? ;)

Neil
19-May-2010, 09:35 AM
Looks like they got your message. The site has been updated with a special thanks to you, Neil. Now, can we discuss the merits of the update? ;)

No!!! Let me find something else to whine about :)

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh goodee a board game, I can't wait to... mnn... *snore*.... zzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

AcesandEights
19-May-2010, 07:01 PM
I rather like boardgames.

Did you petition the offenders for redress, Neil?

darth los
19-May-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh goodee a board game, I can't wait to... mnn... *snore*.... zzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

But...but...20 sided die are the shilz nilz son. :sneaky:

:cool:

bassman
19-May-2010, 07:10 PM
I like board games yet I've never had any interest in this one for some reason. Looks a bit....boring, I suppose. I know Roger Avery loves it. He talks about it for 15 minutes on the Day commentary...

darth los
20-May-2010, 03:39 AM
I like board games yet I've never had any interest in this one for some reason. Looks a bit....boring, I suppose. I know Roger Avery loves it. He talks about it for 15 minutes on the Day commentary...

The last board game i can remember playing is monopoly. :dead:

:cool: