View Full Version : TIME magazine - Ask George Romero a question

thxleo
18-May-2010, 02:23 AM
http://10questions.time.com/2010/05/17/ask-george-romero/comment-page-3/#comment-32261

Skippy911sc
18-May-2010, 01:43 PM
Does someone actually think Time will publish this question and answer in their Mag?

More of a request than a question:

Mr. Romero with all due respect, and you command all the respect in the world for what you have accomplished but I implore you to please stop making "dead" films.

You are one of my all time film hero's but this new batch of CGI heavy "digital dead" films are way below the high standard you have already set yourself. Perhaps its your own fault for setting the bar so high many years ago.

Please don't make any more. I can't continue to defend your legacy if your new films continue to be terrible.

your sincerely
a huge Romero fan

Read more: http://10questions.time.com/2010/05/17/ask-george-romero/comment-page-3/#comment-32261#ixzz0oHwMQnG7

BillyRay
18-May-2010, 02:04 PM
Skippy, that wasn't in the form of a question...
:D

AcesandEights
18-May-2010, 02:04 PM
Do you ever feel you have gone too far down the path of using zombies as a metaphor for social issues, and left behind not only the horror aspects of the genre, but the personal, character-driven piece, as well?

:shifty:

bassman
18-May-2010, 02:07 PM
Skippy, that wasn't in the form of a question...
:D

And pretty damn rude, too. There are nicer ways of suggesting his newer films aren't that great...

Mike70
18-May-2010, 02:21 PM
Does someone actually think Time will publish this question and answer in their Mag?

More of a request than a question:

Mr. Romero with all due respect, and you command all the respect in the world for what you have accomplished but I implore you to please stop making "dead" films.

You are one of my all time film hero's but this new batch of CGI heavy "digital dead" films are way below the high standard you have already set yourself. Perhaps its your own fault for setting the bar so high many years ago.

Please don't make any more. I can't continue to defend your legacy if your new films continue to be terrible.

your sincerely
a huge Romero fan

Read more: http://10questions.time.com/2010/05/17/ask-george-romero/comment-page-3/#comment-32261#ixzz0oHwMQnG7

wow. did this maroon ever miss the point or what? it was "ask romero a question" not "stand on your personal cinematic soapbox."

Skippy911sc
19-May-2010, 02:23 PM
wow. did this maroon ever miss the point or what? it was "ask romero a question" not "stand on your personal cinematic soapbox."

I am glad someone realized I did not ask or make this statement... it was from the bottom of the page written by someone else. Although I have not cared for Romero's latest endeavors I would hardly tell him these things. I would rather he get back to his roots, maybe watch his old movies and try not to re-invent the wheel.

Mike70
19-May-2010, 03:36 PM
I am glad someone realized I did not ask or make this statement... it was from the bottom of the page written by someone else. Although I have not cared for Romero's latest endeavors I would hardly tell him these things. I would rather he get back to his roots, maybe watch his old movies and try not to re-invent the wheel.

well skippy, i actually read through most of the questions/comments directed toward romero. i guess a lot of folks didn't.

darth los
19-May-2010, 03:39 PM
And pretty damn rude, too. There are nicer ways of suggesting his newer films aren't that great...

That's what passes for rudeness in GA?

Damn. Don't come to NY. lol

:cool:

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 04:01 PM

While I can, to some extent, understand your position (if not agree with it), do you really think that your personal opinion, and the opinions of those who share your view, should be allowed to override the hopes and expectations of those among us who still want to see another Romero Dead film? Wouldn't it be a freer, fairer and less hysterial arrangement if you just never watched another Romero movie, moved on, and let the rest of us get on with watching whatever we want? Then we're all happy, right?

darth los
19-May-2010, 04:13 PM
While I can, to some extent, understand your position (if not agree with it), do you really think that your personal opinion, and the opinions of those who share your view, should be allowed to override the hopes and expectations of those among us who still want to see another GOOD Romero Dead film? Wouldn't it be a freer, fairer and less hysterial arrangement if you just never watched another Romero movie, moved on, and let the rest of us get on with watching whatever we want? Then we're all happy, right?

There, i fixed it for ya. ;)

Trin
19-May-2010, 04:21 PM
Two movies ago I would've accepted an Average Romero Dead movie. Now, though, Average may not be synonymous with Good. Stop pulling down the average GAR!!!

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 04:48 PM
There, i fixed it for ya. ;)

To be honest, I'd rather see a sucky one than none at all.

Mike70
19-May-2010, 04:52 PM
even after my post and skippy's some of you still don't seem to realize that skippy was QUOTING one of the questions/comments from the article as an example of the asinine nature of some of them.

here's an idea: actually bother to read the linked article before going off.

SymphonicX
19-May-2010, 04:55 PM
just asked the question I think most likely to be answered:

if you had an unlimited budget and access to any cast or crew you wanted, what movie would you make?

bassman
19-May-2010, 05:02 PM

:lol:

Well...i'm just saying that if you care enough about the man's career to ask him a question in time magazine, you could at least do it in a more professional manner. Besides, with the way he asked the question and then for Romero to quit, Time will never use it anyway....

And for the record, I knew skippy was quoting a post from the site.

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 05:03 PM
even after my post and skippy's some of you still don't seem to realize that skippy was QUOTING one of the questions/comments from the article as an example of the asinine nature of some of them.

Yes, I did realise that because I read his second post in which he said so, and yes my reply was framed as a response to the sentiment, regardless of who said it.

here's an idea: actually bother to read the linked article before going off.

Here's a better one, since you bring it up... maybe posters should actually include all the required content and context within the body of their messages instead of sending us to information-gather on secret mystery quests just to figure out what they're trying to say. By all means provide links with additional info or more detail, but if there's something extemely important to the context of your message, then just say it, because we don't all have the time to click every link and read every post on every web page that gets linked. It's a message forum, not a Lucasarts adventure game.

thxleo
28-May-2010, 03:04 PM
Pretty cool, my question was one of the 10 questions picked. :D The issue is Monday, June 7, 2010 and it will have a cover piece on the Pope.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1992390,00.html

DEAD BEAT
28-May-2010, 05:34 PM

Hey Darth I wouldn't come to Los Angeles either! lol

k guys let's b honest back in the day like most artist during the 60's and 70's Romero was young and gettin' high...that makes for great inspiration. He was a young buck trying to make a name for himself....compared 2day expectations r way to high for anyone to match up 2 plus the pressure of big company's taking intrest in investing...tell u Romero probably longs for the days where ppl like Universal wouldn':clown::moon::Dt touch him with a ten foot pole and kickin back with a 3lb blunt in his hand and a groupie on his cock!lol

AcesandEights
28-May-2010, 05:42 PM
Romero probably longs for the days where ppl like Universal wouldn':clown::moon::Dt touch him with a ten foot pole and kickin back with a 3lb blunt in his hand and a groupie on his cock!lol

Sounds basically like what I long for.

DEAD BEAT
28-May-2010, 05:51 PM
Sounds basically like what I long for.

i know dude! i was describing what id dig myself! lol:hyper: