PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have Dish Network or DirecTV?

tkane18
19-May-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm looking to dump Comcast cable and was wondering if any members have Dish Network or DirecTV.
I'm leaning toward Dish Network because they price out cheaper and I can get an HD-DVR and 2 additional HD receivers at no additional cost or monthly fee.

I would love to here any comments.

bassman
19-May-2010, 05:17 PM
I currently have standard Dish. I have the whole shebang and it's a little over 100 a month. No real complaints except for the fact that they charge you 5 bucks a month for every receiver that isn't hooked up to a phone line.

I've been considering switching over to HD, but haven't made any effort toward it. So i'm also curious as to which provides the best HD service...

Terran
19-May-2010, 06:03 PM
I currently have standard Dish. I have the whole shebang and it's a little over 100 a month. No real complaints except for the fact that they charge you 5 bucks a month for every receiver that isn't hooked up to a phone line.

I've been considering switching over to HD, but haven't made any effort toward it. So i'm also curious as to which provides the best HD service...

Any issues when serious storms are around and happening?

bassman
19-May-2010, 06:06 PM
If it's your average spring shower, the signal won't be lost. The only time it really loses signal is when a severe storm is pounding down on us.

darth los
19-May-2010, 06:15 PM
If it's your average spring shower, the signal won't be lost. The only time it really loses signal is when a severe storm is pounding down on us.

And let me guess who has to go up and check it out. :confused:

Here's a hint, the same guy who has to check out if that mysterious noise that came from downstairs a t 3 in the morn is really an ax murderer. :shifty:

How did we get stuck with that job anyhoo? :lol:

:cool:

bassman
19-May-2010, 06:18 PM
And let me guess who has to go up and check it out. :confused:

Go up and check on the dish? In the middle of a storm? It's bolted down, dude. It's not going anywhere and I'm damn sure not getting on the roof during a hail storm.:lol:

But yeah....the 3 am stuff sucks. She wakes me up in the middle of the night to walk around an empty house with a gun. I guess the gun is in case the furniture attacks...

darth los
19-May-2010, 06:21 PM
I guess the gun is in case the furniture attacks...

Make light of the toe stubb at your own peril my friend. :lol:

bassman
19-May-2010, 06:25 PM
Shhhh....they're watching us right now...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/409385834_1e1bb291f8.jpg

darth los
19-May-2010, 06:28 PM
Shhhh....they're watching us right now...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/409385834_1e1bb291f8.jpg

Holy shite dude. Is that the chair from Pee wee's playhouse!?!

WTF!?! :lol:

Do you have your own foilball as well? lol

Oh, and I know because my kids watch the re runs. :shifty:

Skippy911sc
19-May-2010, 07:29 PM
I have DirecTV and it is ok... I don't think there is a huge difference between them (I used to have Dish). I think they say Directv has better HD stuff, but with dish you can have 1 receiver for 2 rooms...DTV you can't, right now. I have 4 receivers and everything but movies channels and it is around $70/month. I used to have cable a LONG time ago and would choose that over the others. There are issues if it rains hard...hope you have a weather radio or are near the storm siren or else good luck getting storm info.