PDA

View Full Version : Survival to air on HDNet Movies May 26th at 8

DawnFan inCincy
22-May-2010, 11:20 PM
I found out about this yesterday, and to the best of my knowledge it had never been mentioned here. HDNet Movies is airing Survival of the Dead May 26th at 8 PM. I have Direct TV, so that's the only company I can comment on. The channel is 561. You have to have HD set-up to get the channel. It''s a premium channel, but now on the Direct TV web site you can get the channel (and like 5 others) for free for 3 months!

Epidemic79
23-May-2010, 12:07 AM
Waaaah!!

Yet another one of the shambling horde of channels that I do Not get! Thanks for the heads up tho.

C5NOTLD
23-May-2010, 02:15 AM
They literally just took HDNET off my channel lineup and replaced it with SmithsonianHD and MGMHD :(

DawnFan inCincy
26-May-2010, 10:31 PM
Reminder...it's tonight.

Kaos
27-May-2010, 01:38 PM
Saw it. As a zombie fan, I can enjoy it...just not up to par with the original 3 or the Night 90 remake. Liked it more than Land though.

I saw Monrozombi and Uncle Creepy as zombies. One continuity error with Monrozombi. He gets a head shot but not long after you see him in a cut shot still shambling towards a meal.

Skippy911sc
27-May-2010, 03:09 PM
I tivo'd it and watched a little bit this AM. So far reminds me of a sci-channel made for TV movie, except the CG gore is a little to "R" rated for TV. But the CG effects are sub-par. I will finish and post again what my thoughts of the plot are. One last thing...this is off the coast of Delaware, not Ireland...whats with all the accents???

darth los
27-May-2010, 03:39 PM
Dammit. I just saw this thread. Any replays?

:cool:

DawnFan inCincy
27-May-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't think there are any more replays (they showed it I believe 3 times straight yesterday), as I hit view upcoming on my channel guide and it said no matches.

Wasn't as bad as I expected from all the reports I'd heard. I don't want to go too much into spoilers, but the zombies reverting back to life activities was kind of lame in my book. I mean I know as far back as Dawn they said the zombies were returning to the mall because they had done it in life, but they weren't standing in lines at the food court or running their credit cards through the reader. I'm just a Romero mark though...so I liked it. I'd say I enjoyed it more than Land or Diary.

BillyRay
27-May-2010, 04:14 PM
So it's been released on just about all formats, now.

On disc (in the UK anywho) and downloads and HD cable tv.

Hey! Howzabout releasing it, you know,

IN A FUCKING THEATRE?

(and more screens than just one in LA)

Christ, I really wanna give a @#$ about te new dead film, but I'd like to see it first...

darth los
27-May-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't think there are any more replays (they showed it I believe 3 times straight yesterday), as I hit view upcoming on my channel guide and it said no matches.

Wasn't as bad as I expected from all the reports I'd heard. I don't want to go too much into spoilers, but the zombies reverting back to life activities was kind of lame in my book. I mean I know as far back as Dawn they said the zombies were returning to the mall because they had done it in life, but they weren't standing in lines at the food court or running their credit cards through the reader. I'm just a Romero mark though...so I liked it. I'd say I enjoyed it more than Land or Diary.

Sorry to hear that. :(

But being better than land is not a very high bar so...

:cool:

DawnFan inCincy
27-May-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah. It wasn't horrible. I liked parts of it. I would probably rate it 4th of the 6. The zombie development I mentioned before I wasn't crazy about (I can't go into it too much without just flat out saying spoilers) and there was some CG moments that while holding it back for myself probably made some 15 year olds scorch their shorts. I'd rather have seen Savini.