PDA

View Full Version : Rules of Surviving Zombieland (fill in the blanks)

ZomBub
24-May-2010, 03:56 PM
So I figured, 'What better crowd to flesh out this incomplete list than the patrons at the Homepage of the Dead forums?' Have at it, fellas...

The Rules

Rule #1: Cardio. "When the virus struck, for obvious reasons, the first ones to go were the fatties."
Rule #2: Double Tap. "In those moments when you're not sure the undead are really dead dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean one more clean shot to the head."
Rule #3: Beware of Bathrooms. "It wasn't long before the zombies began to get clever; when you're at your most vulnerable, somehow they could just smell it. Don't let them catch you with your pants down."
Rule #4: Seatbelts. "Pretty basic."
Rule #5:
Rule #6: Cast Iron Skillet. "A zombie takes one of these to the head, he isn't getting up. . . . When you're done, you can make a Denver omelet."*
Rule #7: Travel Light. "And I don't mean just luggage."
Rule #8:
Rule #9:
Rule #10:
Rule #11:
Rule #12: Bounty. "It is thick. It is quilted. It's absorbent. . . . There are all sorts of unwanted fluids everywhere."*
Rule #13:
Rule #14:
Rule #15: Bowling Ball. "Nothing says massive head trauma like a bowling ball. (Preferably sixteen pounds.) . . . This you can drop from above, or else you can swing it in a see-saw."*
Rule #16:
Rule #17: Don't be a Hero. "Maybe the most important rule of all."
Rule #18: Limber Up.
Rule #19:
Rule #20: Ziplock Bags. "You've got enough problems; moisture shouldn't be one of them." **
Rule #21:
Rule #22: When in Doubt, Know Your Way Out.
Rule #23:
Rule #24:
Rule #25:
Rule #26:
Rule #27:
Rule #28:
Rule #29: The Buddy System. "Take a queue from our zombie neighbors and have each other's backs."
Rule #30:
Rule #31: Check the Back Seat.
Rule #32: Enjoy the Little Things.
Rule #33: Swiss Army Knife. "It has a magnifying glass, a ball-point pen, a little thermometer (it's celsius), a fish scaler, it has a pruning blade, a miniature reamer . . . . gets out the piece of orange that I have stuck in my tooth."

* Zombieland theatrical promo trailers.
** Ziplock Bags is from the Zombieland deleted scenes, but was originally rule number two, and has therefore been relegated to rule number twenty here.

Get brief on what's tasty, what's cheesy, and what's plain old rancid, at Bub's Zombie Movie Reviews (http://zombiecinema.webs.com).

soulsyfn
24-May-2010, 04:49 PM
1.Cardio
2.The Double Tap
3.Beware of Bathrooms
4.Wear Seat Belts
5.No Attachments
6.The “Skillet”
7.Travel Light
8.Get a Kick Ass Partner
9.With your Bare Hands
10.Don’t Swing Low
11.Use Your Foot
12.Bounty Paper Towels
13.Shake it Off
14.Always carry a change of underwear
15.Bowling Ball
16.Opportunity Knocks
17.Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18.Limber Up
19.Break it Up
20.It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21.Avoid Strip Clubs
22.When in doubt Know your way out
23.Zipplock
24.Use your thumbs
25.Shoot First
26.A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27.Incoming!
28.Double-Knot your Shoes
29.The Buddy System
30.Pack your stain stick
31.Check the back seat
32.Enjoy the little things
33.Swiss army Knife

Trin
24-May-2010, 05:29 PM
If it looks too good to be true, she is.

SRP76
25-May-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, 5,8,9, and 10 are free, so I'll do those.

#5. Avoid the Ninja - this means stay away from the Big Daddy types. Despite being dead, they're superior to you in every way.

#8. Run from the Military - as we all know from movies, anyone in the armed forces is automatically an inept retard, and they'll get you eaten. Only newscasters and college students and such have any kind of survival skills.

#9. I'm Going to Disneyworld! - because nothing's more productive than braving a horde of ghouls to ride some dipshit contraption at a theme park.

#10. Channel Lance Armstrong - get a bike. Why? Because nobody's ever used one in a zombie flick before. You can set a trend.

ZomBub
25-May-2010, 03:42 PM
#10. Channel Lance Armstrong - get a bike. Why? Because nobody's ever used one in a zombie flick before. You can set a trend.

Seriously. You won't get caught in traffic jams, and it's lighter than a motorcycle (plus you don't have to look for fuel or carry a bunch of its heavy, liquid weight). Though, if you can find one, a bicycle with optional motor would give you the best of both worlds, and you can pedal manually even after you run out of gas. Get a little trailer-cart and you'll have room for all your loot, too.

Definitely worthy of The Rules.

Trin
25-May-2010, 06:18 PM
#8. Run from the Military - as we all know from movies, anyone in the armed forces is automatically an inept retard, and they'll get you eaten. Only newscasters and college students and such have any kind of survival skills.

#8 - Good call. According to movies the military will rip you off or rape you within 5 minutes of the crisis starting.

#10 - And it builds cardio!!

DEAD BEAT
28-May-2010, 09:25 PM
So I figured, 'What better crowd to flesh out this incomplete list than the patrons at the Homepage of the Dead forums?' Have at it, fellas...

The Rules

Rule #1: Cardio. "When the virus struck, for obvious reasons, the first ones to go were the fatties."
Rule #2: Double Tap. "In those moments when you're not sure the undead are really dead dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean one more clean shot to the head."
Rule #3: Beware of Bathrooms. "It wasn't long before the zombies began to get clever; when you're at your most vulnerable, somehow they could just smell it. Don't let them catch you with your pants down."
Rule #4: Seatbelts. "Pretty basic."
Rule #5:
Rule #6: Cast Iron Skillet. "A zombie takes one of these to the head, he isn't getting up. . . . When you're done, you can make a Denver omelet."*
Rule #7: Travel Light. "And I don't mean just luggage."
Rule #8:
Rule #9:
Rule #10:
Rule #11:
Rule #12: Bounty. "It is thick. It is quilted. It's absorbent. . . . There are all sorts of unwanted fluids everywhere."*
Rule #13:
Rule #14:
Rule #15: Bowling Ball. "Nothing says massive head trauma like a bowling ball. (Preferably sixteen pounds.) . . . This you can drop from above, or else you can swing it in a see-saw."*
Rule #16:
Rule #17: Don't be a Hero. "Maybe the most important rule of all."
Rule #18: Limber Up.
Rule #19:
Rule #20: Ziplock Bags. "You've got enough problems; moisture shouldn't be one of them." **
Rule #21:
Rule #22: When in Doubt, Know Your Way Out.
Rule #23:
Rule #24:
Rule #25:
Rule #26:
Rule #27:
Rule #28:
Rule #29: The Buddy System. "Take a queue from our zombie neighbors and have each other's backs."
Rule #30:
Rule #31: Check the Back Seat.
Rule #32: Enjoy the Little Things.
Rule #33: Swiss Army Knife. "It has a magnifying glass, a ball-point pen, a little thermometer (it's celsius), a fish scaler, it has a pruning blade, a miniature reamer . . . . gets out the piece of orange that I have stuck in my tooth."

* Zombieland theatrical promo trailers.
** Ziplock Bags is from the Zombieland deleted scenes, but was originally rule number two, and has therefore been relegated to rule number twenty here.

Get brief on what's tasty, what's cheesy, and what's plain old rancid, at Bub's Zombie Movie Reviews (http://zombiecinema.webs.com).

Rule #30 is zip up ur fly or the living dead'll b havn' themselves a Dodger Dog!:hyper::lol::moon:

ZomBub
29-May-2010, 02:09 AM
Rule #30 is zip up ur fly or the living dead'll b havn' themselves a Dodger Dog!:hyper::lol::moon:

Ja, I've seen at least three zombie flicks where some poor schmuck got his schmuck bitten off.

Sad, really...