PDA

View Full Version : $97.00 iPhone at Wal-Mart

DjfunkmasterG
25-May-2010, 02:36 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/24/technology/Walmart_iPhone_price_cut/index.htm

LouCipherr
25-May-2010, 02:50 PM
Word to the wise: While that's a great price for an iPhone, it also is an indication that a new version is coming shortly and they're just trying to get rid of their stock of a soon-to-be obsolete version of the iPhone. ;)

I'd buy one, but the one thing that keeps me away? AT&T.

When they put this on Verizon's network (which will have to happen eventually) the sales of this thing will skyrocket like they've never seen before.

bassman
25-May-2010, 03:10 PM
I'll stick with my regular old cell phone that just makes calls, thank you.:D

Danny
25-May-2010, 05:25 PM
Word to the wise: While that's a great price for an iPhone, it also is an indication that a new version is coming shortly and they're just trying to get rid of their stock of a soon-to-be obsolete version of the iPhone. ;)

I'd buy one, but the one thing that keeps me away? AT&T.

When they put this on Verizon's network (which will have to happen eventually) the sales of this thing will skyrocket like they've never seen before.

4G iPhone is coming out this summer i think. its got a way bigger hard drive and a camera on both sides for video chat but honestly it looks horrible. apple decided to remove the classic ipod look and turned it into a small black brick with hard edges.

Honestly if this is a 3g one for 90 something bucks thats totally worth it

darth los
25-May-2010, 05:35 PM
4G iPhone is coming out this summer i think. its got a way bigger hard drive and a camera on both sides for video chat but honestly it looks horrible. apple decided to remove the classic ipod look and turned it into a small black brick with hard edges.

any links to this horrible looking phone?

Me thinks it's a mistake to change the look. People not only want the status symbol but they have to look cool with it as well. It's a shame too. You think it will affect sales? I sure do.

:cool:

JDFP
25-May-2010, 05:38 PM

Amen. As long as I can talk to people, I couldn't give a flip about all the other unnecessary stuff... it's called a 'phone'.

j.p.

Danny
25-May-2010, 06:04 PM
any links to this horrible looking phone?

Me thinks it's a mistake to change the look. People not only want the status symbol but they have to look cool with it as well. It's a shame too. You think it will affect sales? I sure do.

Nope, ive checked and since gizmondo was sold one some guy found in a starbucks theyve all been given cease and desist orders and taken them down.

Just imagine all the edges are straight and hard like a black tile and thats it, no silver trim around a smooth curved border its just a bunch of right angles.

Honestly i thought we stopped making cuboid phones in the 90's since 'yknow, we have to hold them next to our head.

Legion2213
25-May-2010, 06:10 PM

Yep. If I can talk and use the text function, I am good to go...I've never even used the internet on my current moby.

LouCipherr
25-May-2010, 07:04 PM

It is if the AT&T service in your area is decent. Where I live it's for shit, so I stick with Verizon and my cheap-ass Samsung Intensity. I get signal everywhere, has a slide-out keyboard for easier texting, and no data plan because I don't need it.

I have an iPod Touch, so I have an iPhone already, it just doesn't make phone calls. :lol:

darth los
25-May-2010, 08:39 PM
Nope, ive checked and since gizmondo was sold one some guy found in a starbucks theyve all been given cease and desist orders and taken them down.

Just imagine all the edges are straight and hard like a black tile and thats it, no silver trim around a smooth curved border its just a bunch of right angles.

Honestly i thought we stopped making cuboid phones in the 90's since 'yknow, we have to hold them next to our head.

This just in hells here's the new i phone model (since they're going all retro).

http://www.lifelounge.com/resources/IMGDETAIL/Cell-clutch.jpg

And here's the bluetooth.

http://www.lockport-ny.com/images/Hands_Free_Cell_Phone_Adapter.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: