27-May-2010, 11:05 PM
cB-YKx0_-ZM

What a donkey. :rolleyes::|

bassman
27-May-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.ep.tc/problems/seven/thats_racist-update.gif

JDFP
27-May-2010, 11:12 PM
Bill's obviously 'cracking' (haha, pun) a joke on the guy, and the guy knows it and plays along with it. Funny thing is, if Letterman or Leno or another guy said it nothing would be made about it... but the fact that O'Reilly said it...

Oh God no! It's racism! Call the NAACP! Better cue Olberman over at MSNBC so he can add something else to the anti-O'Reilly diatribes he has going on...

j.p.

Purge
27-May-2010, 11:22 PM
No, it's stupid and racist no matter who says it.

SRP76
28-May-2010, 12:26 AM
A black guy can't look like a coke dealer?

Danny
28-May-2010, 12:54 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/YOU_MAD.jpg

this and "fuck it we'll do it live" are all that come up when i think of o'reilly nowadays

darth los
28-May-2010, 01:04 AM
A black guy can't look like a coke dealer?

He said you look like a coke dealer.

And what might a coke dealer look like?

This is not the first time he's said racist shit.

But as normally happens your going to have those who won't conceed the obvious.

Here's another example:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200709210007

:lol:

I laugh because when a person is too ignorant to even realize they're racist it's funny to me.

:cool:

SRP76
28-May-2010, 01:20 AM

Like just about anyone. Including a black guy. The host did not say "black people look like cocaine dealers".

That's the whole problem. Being black does NOT make you immune to someone joking on you. People may want it to be a world where only white guys can be fucked with, but it's not going to happen.

Jesus Christ, do people think that saying O'Reilly looks like a cokehead means the guy is racist, and saying all white people are cocaine users? Fuck, no. It was two guys just talking a little shit, nothing more.

JDFP
28-May-2010, 01:24 AM

This is not the first time he's said racist shit.

But as normally happens your going to have those who won't conceed the obvious.

Here's another example:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200709210007

:lol:

I laugh because when a person is too ignorant to even realize they're racist it's funny to me.

Oh, Los, my friend...

It's a terrible shame when someone like O'Reilly makes a joke the other person is obviously in on, but it's perfectly "A-OKAY" for someone like Letterman to say that a strong-willed American woman like Sarah Palin is having the style of a "slutty" flight attendant. And okay for Letterman to say that her 14-year old daughter, Willow, is being knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.

Of course, I find it funny when liberals say 'stupid shit' too. The difference is that it's more socially acceptable (No, no, you can't say stuff that can be racially construed if you're an affluent white Republican person, but saying things about the opposition is perfectly fine as long as you're a liberal!).

Obama on Letterman commenting on bowling a 129: "It's like the Special Olympics or something." Right, that's funny, because the Special Olympics are made up of challenged individuals and his bowling score wasn't that great (then again, my high score in bowling is like a 75, so I can't criticize too much :) ).

Oh, and the two sources are from Fox News and The Huffington Post, one considered an overly right-of-stream source and the other a left-of-stream source.

It's racist when O'Reilly makes a questionable joke to someone in on the joke, but making jokes about women in power (and their children that are minors) and challenged people is a different story all together...

Sources:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/06/11/david-letterman-slammed-sex-jokes-palins-teen-daughter/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/obama-special-olympics-cr_n_177185.html

j.p.

EvilNed
28-May-2010, 05:20 AM
This isn't news. O'Reilly has been offensive and kinda retarded since day 1.

shootemindehead
28-May-2010, 10:44 AM
Like just about anyone. Including a black guy. The host did not say "black people look like cocaine dealers".

Yeh, but would he have said it to a white guy? I think not.

Skippy911sc
28-May-2010, 01:45 PM
I like the idea of lumping O'Reilly in with the comedians (Leno, Letterman), but the fact is he is not. He is on a News Network...sort of... and should be better than this. The man is an idiot...or would is be better to call him a pinhead. I did watch this person until he lied repeatedly on the air... that was it I stopped and feel a lot better for doing it.

JDFP
28-May-2010, 01:53 PM
I like the idea of lumping O'Reilly in with the comedians (Leno, Letterman), but the fact is he is not. He is on a News Network...sort of... and should be better than this. The man is an idiot...or would is be better to call him a pinhead. I did watch this person until he lied repeatedly on the air... that was it I stopped and feel a lot better for doing it.

O'Reilly runs a commentary/talk show that discusses some news issues. He is not a news anchor but is a commentator for entertainment purposes, similar to Letterman, Leno, Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, and these other type of programs. Like their shows, his show is for entertainment primarily (like most shows these days on Fox, MSNBC, and CNN) and discussing contemporary news-related issues. If your stating that O'Reilly should not be making 'jokes' on a network because it is a News Entertainment Network (which all three networks are) then not only should Fox fire most of their 'commentators' but so should MSNBC and CNN. If you're wanting to stick with just the news, I recommend CNN's Headline News and not watching News Entertainment programming. ;)

j.p.

darth los
28-May-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh, Los, my friend...

It's a terrible shame when someone like O'Reilly makes a joke the other person is obviously in on, but it's perfectly "A-OKAY" for someone like Letterman to say that a strong-willed American woman like Sarah Palin is having the style of a "slutty" flight attendant. And okay for Letterman to say that her 14-year old daughter, Willow, is being knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.

Of course, I find it funny when liberals say 'stupid shit' too. The difference is that it's more socially acceptable (No, no, you can't say stuff that can be racially construed if you're an affluent white Republican person, but saying things about the opposition is perfectly fine as long as you're a liberal!).

Obama on Letterman commenting on bowling a 129: "It's like the Special Olympics or something." Right, that's funny, because the Special Olympics are made up of challenged individuals and his bowling score wasn't that great (then again, my high score in bowling is like a 75, so I can't criticize too much :) ).

Oh, and the two sources are from Fox News and The Huffington Post, one considered an overly right-of-stream source and the other a left-of-stream source.

It's racist when O'Reilly makes a questionable joke to someone in on the joke, but making jokes about women in power (and their children that are minors) and challenged people is a different story all together...

Sources:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/06/11/david-letterman-slammed-sex-jokes-palins-teen-daughter/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/obama-special-olympics-cr_n_177185.html

j.p.

Racist remarks are racist remarks no matter who says them. Now, whether they actually subscribe to that school of thought is the issue.

When a dem or even dirtier word "liberal" says it it's likely that he's just making an extremely bad joke.

However, when someone from the right says it it has to be taken more seriously becuase of the origins and the agenda ofthe modern republican party, which to put it likely has not scored very high in the race relations dept.

Let's not forget that these are not the republicans that freed the slaves. This republican party is comprised in large part of former Dixiecrats (racist dems for those not in the know) who just could not support equal rights for blacks in the 60's and when a dem prez and congress made it so, they defected.

That is why when a republican says stuff like this it is taken more seriously.

I'm sure you know all this, but as i said it's for people who are ignorant to that fact.

There was a great line about that but i won't post it because it offended a republican here once before. If you wanna hear it p.m. me.

AcesandEights
28-May-2010, 02:03 PM
Marc Lamont Hill Phd
http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/marc-lamont-hill.jpg

Avon 'Need my corners' Barksdale
http://content6.flixster.com/question/64/49/25/6449256_std.jpg

<insert wild accusation from Acealive>

darth los
28-May-2010, 02:08 PM
Marc Lamont Hill Phd
http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/marc-lamont-hill.jpg

Avon 'Need my corners' Barksdale
http://content6.flixster.com/question/64/49/25/6449256_std.jpg

<insert wild accusation from Acealive>

Don't go there dude. And he would be justified in saying something.

I know it's implied that they all look alike. But if you've actually been around people of color for any extended period of time you would know that's not true.

For the record those two look nothing alike.

Just stop digging now.

AcesandEights
28-May-2010, 02:14 PM
Didn't realize I was implying that I was the one who was thinking that.

JDFP
28-May-2010, 02:18 PM
When a dem or even dirtier word "liberal" says it it's likely that he's just making an extremely bad joke.

However, when someone from the right says it it has to be taken more seriously becuase of the origins and the agenda ofthe modern republican party, which to put it likely has not scored very high in the race relations dept.

Ah, so what you're saying is that it's a double-standard. Exactly what I thought and it's good that someone else validates my opinion on the matter. So, it's okay for a leftist to crack an uncouth joke because they're a leftist, but someone right-of-stream doing it is either a racist, fascist, or a mixture of the combinations. :)

In other words, depending on your political party, it's more socially acceptable for some people to make crass jokes as opposed to others. All politics. :cool:

j.p.

darth los
28-May-2010, 02:33 PM
Didn't realize I was implying that I was the one who was thinking that.

I didn't realize that wasn't the case . :D

No worries.

Ah, so what you're saying is that it's a double-standard. Exactly what I thought and it's good that someone else validates my opinion on the matter. So, it's okay for a leftist to crack an uncouth joke because they're a leftist, but someone right-of-stream doing it is either a racist, fascist, or a mixture of the combinations. :)

In other words, depending on your political party, it's more socially acceptable for some people to make crass jokes as opposed to others. All politics. :cool:

j.p.

By george i think he's got it !!

And on that topic, life is not fair, double standards are a part of life in virtually all facets

Wanna see? Let me use a racial epithet towards brown people and let you do it. I hink we will both conceed that it would be more acceptable for me to say it.

See? Double standard number one.

The way women can do and sa a whole slew of things to us that we can't return the favor on. Double standard.

The way when one political party is in power and they do things that the subsequent administration does. For some reason they are the devil when they do it but it's ok when our people do it. Double standard.

Despite the prhase, "all men are created equal" Being in the constitution and having to fight until recently for equal rights there are still states making racist laws (see Arizona). Double standard.

All this contributes the the white male angst we see manifesting itself in the tea bagger movement. I understand but let's not pretend double standards aren't business as usual.

As for my opinion on it O'reilly is a dick for doing it.

Bill Maher who is a liberal says alot of borderlineracist/racist things virtually every week and he's a dick for doing it as well. I guess because he sleeps with alot of black women he feels that entitles him to do that I guess.