PDA

View Full Version : room mate issues

acealive1
29-May-2010, 02:22 AM
so what do u do when ur room mate gets fired, wasnt paying all his half of the bargain anyways and he's giving excuse after excuse as to why he cant make rent on time?

how do u tell that lazy ass wipe to get lost without having to beat him to sleep?

thoughts?

horror stories?

ProfessorChaos
29-May-2010, 06:17 AM
dude, tell him to man-the-fuck-up or get-the-fuck-out. you're not his parents or a charity, he's old enough to take care of himself and needs to act like it. friends or not, sounds like you're about at wits end and need to let him know what's up.

bassman
29-May-2010, 12:37 PM
Same thing happened to me. We were close, but he basically took advantage of me and felt it wasn't important to hold up to his responsibilities. Eventually I had enough and kicked him out. Haven't seen him since. :lol:

acealive1
29-May-2010, 02:27 PM
dude, tell him to man-the-fuck-up or get-the-fuck-out. you're not his parents or a charity, he's old enough to take care of himself and needs to act like it. friends or not, sounds like you're about at wits end and need to let him know what's up.

yea i definitely am at wits end. it's really killing me,but at the same time i cant take my vacation from work now because his little trips and or purchases seem to take precident over paying rent.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Same thing happened to me. We were close, but he basically took advantage of me and felt it wasn't important to hold up to his responsibilities. Eventually I had enough and kicked him out. Haven't seen him since. :lol:

how long did it take you,bro?

bassman
29-May-2010, 03:17 PM
how long did it take you,bro?

It's been a long time ago now, but I guess it was about 2-4 months. After I kicked him out I decided to buy a house rather than renting. Turns out the mortgage on the new place was cheaper than the rent I was paying.:stunned:

Legion2213
29-May-2010, 07:39 PM
Can you afford to support him? If you can't or aren't willing, give him a set amount of time to sort something out or find another place. When that time comes, as others have said, start shifting his gear out, the fact that you are already sharing a place leads me to believe that can't support the guy financially, and you shouldn't have to anyway (unless he saved your life by carrying you out of a burning building or something, then you should probably cut him a little slack).

mista_mo
29-May-2010, 07:54 PM
Same thing happened to me. We were close, but he basically took advantage of me
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/realmoseph/1267189984688.jpg
Please, do tell.

bassman
29-May-2010, 09:18 PM
Please, do tell.

:lol: Perv. I don't even know what that picture is supposed to be, but it's funny...

acealive1
30-May-2010, 12:13 AM
Next time he leaves the apartment, pack up all his things, leave them outside, and bolt the door. Simple as.

over here that's illegal, but trust me i've thought about it :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Can you afford to support him? If you can't or aren't willing, give him a set amount of time to sort something out or find another place. When that time comes, as others have said, start shifting his gear out, the fact that you are already sharing a place leads me to believe that can't support the guy financially, and you shouldn't have to anyway (unless he saved your life by carrying you out of a burning building or something, then you should probably cut him a little slack).

im not gonna support some grown guy, i refuse to. im gonna cut my losses at what he owes me now and NEVER help him again

Terran
30-May-2010, 12:29 AM
What poor mooching skills....

If it were me I would have gotten a "thank you" after having others cover my rent.
:)

Eyebiter
30-May-2010, 07:16 AM
Or wait until the lease is up and move out into a 1 bedroom apartment.

SymphonicX
30-May-2010, 08:26 AM

That ^^^ :D

Wyldwraith
30-May-2010, 12:22 PM
Sad thing is,
This kind of situation doesn't need to become antagonistic. I used to spend so much time at my ex-best friend's house from 18-22 or so that I may as well lived there. Showered there, contributed to expenses and stayed 5-6 days at a time before a quick jaunt home for $$ and clean clothes and back again, and I never wore out my welcome.

Conversely, my friend's actual roommates were just a string of deadbeat mooches, that added insult to injury by committing all the classic wrongs (#1: Broke things horsing around, then weaseled out of compensating my ex-friend for the loss. #2: Bought no food, but would promptly/ravenously tear into & consume the lion's share of any groceries bought by the homeowner. #3: Little (but annoying) stuff like ignoring the homeowner's request for them to keep their friends from calling late at night and waking him up after he'd turned in because of needing to be up by 5am for work...etc, etc, etc.)

When someone behaves like that you emphatically show them the door with all the finality of a funeral. Least that's my opinion.

Chic Freak
31-May-2010, 02:43 PM
Can you afford to support him? If you can't or aren't willing, give him a set amount of time to sort something out or find another place.

That's the best way i think. That way he can't say that you unfairly threw him out with no warning and you can get a little peace of mind by thinking "however bad things are right now, one way or another they will be sorted out in one month" (or however long you feel is appropriate to give him). Say what will happen if he's not out by that certain date, e.g. "I'll have to move your stuff out for you because I can't afford to support you anymore. Sorry!"

MikePizzoff
01-Jun-2010, 06:24 AM
My girlfriend and I currently rent a house, alongside 2 of our friends. Friend #1 takes care of all the rent/bills; he just has us pay him at the end of each month.

There's a list hanging on the wall in the downstairs hallway of what amount is owed by each person for each utility and rent, each month by Friend #1. My girlfriend and I always notice that Friend #2 is almost constantly behind on everything; usually $1,500. The thing is, Friends 1 & 2 have been close buds for like 17 years, and I guess that's why Friend #1 is so lenient.

However, I feel bad for Friend #1 because Friend #2 has no excuse as to why he should constantly be so far behind on bills. After you add up all the rent/bills, it's under $500 a month per person. Friend #2 makes well over that, each week. But, then again, he's getting new video games, movies, and exotic pets constantly. As well as smoking herb non-stop and getting drunk every day.

Just thought I'd share, to maybe ease your pain somewhat.

acealive1
01-Jun-2010, 11:50 PM
My girlfriend and I currently rent a house, alongside 2 of our friends. Friend #1 takes care of all the rent/bills; he just has us pay him at the end of each month.

There's a list hanging on the wall in the downstairs hallway of what amount is owed by each person for each utility and rent, each month by Friend #1. My girlfriend and I always notice that Friend #2 is almost constantly behind on everything; usually $1,500. The thing is, Friends 1 & 2 have been close buds for like 17 years, and I guess that's why Friend #1 is so lenient.

However, I feel bad for Friend #1 because Friend #2 has no excuse as to why he should constantly be so far behind on bills. After you add up all the rent/bills, it's under $500 a month per person. Friend #2 makes well over that, each week. But, then again, he's getting new video games, movies, and exotic pets constantly. As well as smoking herb non-stop and getting drunk every day.

Just thought I'd share, to maybe ease your pain somewhat.

this really does help.....seriously.

my friend is doing the same shit. new 360 games? what the fuck!

also, he's been gone since early friday,called me today like "is everything cool?" no everything isnt cool, cunt!!!!

so i asked if he had rent money. he got quiet as hell and said "uh...............i'll get you when i get back" bought new locks, cleared it with the landlord and he supports me 100%.