PDA

View Full Version : night 90 commentary/subtitles

Mike70
05-Jun-2006, 08:02 PM
i was watching/listening to the commentary to night 90 last night with the subtitles turned on. i noticed that who ever wrote the subtitles left out sections of dialouge - somtimes entire phrases.

just two examples when ben is wanting to get into the cellar and says "you open this door you motherfcuker or i'll blow it ..."

the motherfcuker is left out of the subtitles.

when tommy says "let's just work together and get some of this damn sh*t done." the sh*t is in the subtitles but no damn.

anyone else notice this.

axlish
05-Jun-2006, 09:21 PM
I always liked the part in the commentary where Savini says "This is Derek" when we first see the zombie that Ben plows with the truck.

Sorry, just wanted to say that. I never noticed that in the subtitles.

Mike70
05-Jun-2006, 09:23 PM
I always liked the part in the commentary where Savini says "This is Derek" when we first see the zombie that Ben plows with the truck.

"and that is what derek really looks like"

that is rather funny

ipotts85
06-Jun-2006, 01:16 AM
most movies actually do this. i watch most movies with subtitles, not because i'm deaf, but because i usually watch them late at night while my girlfriend is asleep. i've noticed that many times the subtitles leave out parts of dialogue, or alter them some...

livingdead7
06-Jun-2006, 04:17 AM
I noticed it a while back, but I've seen a bunch of DVD's with subtitles like that, so I never paid any attention to it.

Danny
06-Jun-2006, 09:38 AM
ive only watched the commentary to spaced series one (damn youse americans a seasons a weather pattern!!) ,shaun of the dead and undead.

Griff
06-Jun-2006, 09:52 AM
People, typically, can decipher speach faster than written words. Naturally, if something has to be trimmed for time constraints, the less functional terms (such as 'damn' or 'motherf*cker') will be the most expendable.