PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Hopper RIP

slickwilly13
29-May-2010, 05:55 PM
Now he's gone. Some week.

http://www.aolnews.com/entertainment/article/actor-dennis-hopper-dead-of-prostate-cancer-at-74/19496619

Purge
29-May-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeesh. Peter Steele, Dio, Paul Gray, and now Dennis.:(

Cartma7546
29-May-2010, 06:39 PM
Man I can't believe Kaufman is dead...agian

3pidemiC
29-May-2010, 07:01 PM
Terrible loss.

RIP>

Ghost Of War
29-May-2010, 07:15 PM
Fuck. RIP, man.

Legion2213
29-May-2010, 08:04 PM
R.I.P. Dennis - Always felt he was pretty damn cool whan he played any kind of villian.

JonOfTheShred
29-May-2010, 09:04 PM
RIP. You were easily the best character in Land of the Dead.

"Look, over there!" (Gunshot to head)

zombiekiller
29-May-2010, 09:10 PM
don't know if any one else seen this, but he passed away today. he will be greatly missed.

bassman
29-May-2010, 09:16 PM
Terrible news. We all knew it would be coming soon, though.

bwlze
29-May-2010, 09:46 PM
Who is Dinnes ?:annoyed:

Kaos
29-May-2010, 09:53 PM
Fixed and Merged again.

Danny
29-May-2010, 09:59 PM
another legend gone and the world is a litter bit more stale because of it. rest in peace mr. hopper you were a goddam legend.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/dennis-hopper-portrait_b2e4.jpg

Rancid Carcass
29-May-2010, 10:15 PM
This is one of those 'wish I never bothered logging on' moments... :(

bassman
29-May-2010, 10:22 PM
It's sad the guy is gone, but just look at what he did. Looking through his IMDB page takes 20 minutes! The list is endless.

And 74 isn't a bad age, imo. Everyone wants to live as long as possible, but I imagine he was pretty happy with the accomplishments he made in his time. So I say we raise our glasses in a toast rather than sadness. This is one mother fucker that rocked the earth. Cheers, Hopper.

"Because you......you're part eggplant! Hey, hey, hey, hey!" :lol:

acealive1
30-May-2010, 12:18 AM

i about died watching that part in land, i was in the theater laughing

JDFP
30-May-2010, 12:29 AM
"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!" :D

R.I.P. Mr. Hopper, may angels of mercy and grace take you homeward.

j.p.

Danny
30-May-2010, 12:32 AM
"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!" :D

i have had this quoted to me in the last 24 hours about 35 times before i stopped counting.

Thats the winrar of quotes.

its a shame i cant think of one from easy rider, i fucking love that movie.

-also, a friend of mine didnt know who hopper was, i told him and his response was "oh, well, i guess if he's a gonna then not long for bill murray"

feelsbadman.jpg

sgrosse
30-May-2010, 01:32 AM
As some of you no doubt already know, Dennis Hopper passed away today after finally losing his battle with Prostate Cancer. If you are on this site then you are probably aware that he played a major role in George Romero's "Land of the Dead". I thought now would be a good time to reflect on this man's life.

"Zombies man...They creep me out."

Stephen

rongravy
30-May-2010, 05:10 AM
Texas Chainsaw 2 like a muthafucka...

Yojimbo
31-May-2010, 03:14 AM
Saw a photo of Hopper accepting his Hollywood Star on the Walk of Fame in the paper - He looked pretty ill in the photo but was smiling for the camera. So sad about this and I will miss him. RIP Dennis Hopper!

darth los
31-May-2010, 11:08 PM

Agreed. I'm genuinely upset at this one.

R.I.P.

:cool:

blind2d
01-Jun-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh man! I just found out about this... seriously bummed. That's two collaborators on Demon Days dead now. Probably not a conspiracy, but... I don't know. I'm gonna miss him.
He called Murdoc a nob. That was great.
Man... almost as sad as when Michael Jackson died...

Danny
02-Jun-2010, 07:57 AM
Oh man! I just found out about this... seriously bummed. That's two collaborators on Demon Days dead now. Probably not a conspiracy, but... I don't know. I'm gonna miss him.
He called Murdoc a nob. That was great.
Man... almost as sad as when Michael Jackson died...

im gonna keep an eye out for news on bobby womac now, gorillaz seems to be the signifier lately.

zombiekiller
02-Jun-2010, 12:16 PM
Threads merged and moved.

Actually I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did because I had it on good authority that he was on his last knockings weeks ago. He put up a good fight, had fairly decent innings in life, and starred in some of the best movies of all time. I will never forget him in Apocalypse Now as the photojournalist or as the menacing Frank Booth in Blue Velvet.

http://liveforfilms.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/dennis-hopper.jpg

He will be missed. RIP.

he was real good in easy rider too. he will be missed bad.:(

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 12:23 PM
I had the chance to see Easy Rider on the big screen a few weeks back and I had to turn it down....

Hopper was a great actor, but he was also a decent director. For some reason i've always really liked Colors with Robert Duvall and Sean Penn.

Publius
03-Jun-2010, 10:34 AM
RIP, Mr. Hopper. Another legend gone.

Danny
03-Jun-2010, 10:37 AM
I had the chance to see Easy Rider on the big screen a few weeks back and I had to turn it down....

I got the chance to see easy rider for the first time in the uni film class theatre and man, thats a flick you missed out on.

-course ive missed two chances to see dawn on a big screen and that still pisses me off :lol:

bassman
03-Jun-2010, 12:04 PM
-course ive missed two chances to see dawn on a big screen and that still pisses me off :lol:

:eek:

You should be ashamed! I've yet to find Dawn on the big screen, but when I do....I'll be there. Come hell or high water, I WILL be there. Same with Day.

major jay
05-Jun-2010, 02:06 PM
I see that THIS TV is having a Dennis Hopper mini-marathon tonight. :)

est time
07:00pm Chattahoochee

09:00pm The Glory Stompers

11:00pm Blue Velvet

01:30am Blood Red