PDA

View Full Version : Zombie F-X

ngm231
05-Jun-2006, 10:07 PM
which of GAR's dead films have the most realistic gore and best looking zombies?

Mike70
05-Jun-2006, 10:18 PM
i would say land of the dead. the combination of actually having a budget to work with and KNB puts it easily out in front. there is some good stuff in day but i still think that land beats it out.

glsjaw
05-Jun-2006, 11:33 PM
definitly land, but day wasnt to bad

axlish
05-Jun-2006, 11:56 PM
I'd have to say Day had the best effects. Land gets points subtracted for the CGI headless priest and the puppets.

livingdead7
06-Jun-2006, 04:59 AM
Even though most people hate NOTLD'90...I loved the zombies in it. But I go with land. Had some good looking zombies.

Danny
06-Jun-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah same here night 90's had the best make up and day had the best gore, land resorted to the typical cliche of "if its blurry and only on the screen for a second, then its scarrrier" (insert pic of romero standing on a table in front of producer going "wooooooo, scaaaaaryyy":D

bassman
06-Jun-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah same here night 90's had the best make up and day had the best gore, land resorted to the typical cliche of "if its blurry and only on the screen for a second, then its scarrrier" (insert pic of romero standing on a table in front of producer going "wooooooo, scaaaaaryyy":D

That was only to get it to the "R" rating for it's theatrical run in the states. It was because of the MPAA and their rating system....not Romero. I don't know what you're watching, but my "Unrated" DVD sure isn't blurry. Try adjusting your set.:p

Mike70
07-Jun-2006, 02:03 AM
Even though most people hate NOTLD'90...I loved the zombies in it. But I go with land. Had some good looking zombies.

i like night 90 quite a bit. i think tony todd is a great actor and so is tom towles. the only thing that i do not like about night 90 is that air raid sounding shriek that comes out the chick playing judy rose. god that is annoying. i agree the zombies in it are top shelf.

Solhusky
07-Jun-2006, 04:44 AM
the only thing that i do not like about night 90 is that air raid sounding shriek that comes out the chick playing judy rose.

AMEN!

I'd have to go with Land, with Night '90 coming in a close second. Day, Dawn, Night '68 follow in that order.

livingdead7
07-Jun-2006, 04:58 AM
Wow...never acutally heard of anyone liking Night'90 but me. I enjoy watching it late at night from time to time. The zombies just looked so good in it. After thinking about it...I think Day's zombies were better than Land.

tju1973
07-Jun-2006, 03:36 PM
Wow...never acutally heard of anyone liking Night'90 but me. I enjoy watching it late at night from time to time. The zombies just looked so good in it. After thinking about it...I think Day's zombies were better than Land.

I liked Land, but I couldn't get rid of the thought that Big Daddy looked too fresh-- and his shiny head almost ruined the movie for me.

Day had great zombies-- in conjunction to Night'90, I think it had the best of the series-- so far...

But who am I? I liked the zombies in Dawn '04 too...

:skull:

hadrian0117
10-Jun-2006, 01:49 AM
Night'90 had the most realistic looking zombies. They actually looked like corpses. Land has some pretty good gore.