PDA

View Full Version : First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

Pages : 1 [2]

shootemindehead
24-Jul-2010, 07:25 PM
Hmmm...Egg's accent is too bad either.

Have to say that'd got the juices flowing. Roll on October!

MikePizzoff
24-Jul-2010, 08:04 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Holy shit! October is too far away!

Skold
25-Jul-2010, 01:28 AM
Oh my god, this looks fucking superb. I wonder who will pick it up in the UK? Doesn't matter really, I'll be watching it any way I can.

i heard bit torrent will be picking it up. :p

CoinReturn
25-Jul-2010, 04:36 AM
I've watched that shitty cam-trailer like 5 times now, so pumped! :hyper:

Danny
25-Jul-2010, 05:04 AM
That looks pretty damn good. Is that the guy from Jericho playing the first guy he meets whos name escapes me?

Either way can't wait. since lost and stargate universe has finished my one hour drama watchings consists of true blood and jack shit else.

On a side note i found volume...7 i think, the one with loris pregnant bump as the cover, in a box yesterday, dont know why i have since i buy the issues, but goddam, if your reading by the volume that is hands down the worst part of the entire series. 1 interesting scene and then just as it gets going its "OHP-AP-AP-AB-AP-AB, NO PLOT FOR YOU TILL YOU HOCK UP ANOTHER TENNER TROLLOLOLOL". Seriously. when you finish 6, go buy 7 and 8 at the same time. Otherwise get ready for a "FFFFFFUUUUUU" moment.

childofgilead
25-Jul-2010, 09:22 AM
Yup, it's Lennie James from the sadly cancelled Jericho playing Morgan Jones..good casting call on that one..also, I don't mind the shamble shuffle the dead do here..not running, almost like..I dunno..falling forward quickly? *shrug*

I was also a little unsure about the casting of Laurie Holden as Andrea, because I always pictured a mid 20s woman, but based on the poster, she's gonna look fine..and I'm sure her acting will be awesome, especially once they..well..you know..iron bars and what..

It's really interesting to note that they showed a suicide by shotgun victim up there in the vid as well..I'm sure that we won't see the aftermath, but even what's shown is quite gutsy..

All in all, I couldn't be more excited about this October.

clanglee
25-Jul-2010, 09:49 AM
A slightly better crappy cam video of the trailer <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHN6goQTP9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHN6goQTP9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> Holy shit this looks cinematic!! I am soooo excited for this that I might just . . . .ohhhhhhh. .. .mmmm. . .oooooooooh. . . .:o. . . .never mind.

CooperWasRight
25-Jul-2010, 12:59 PM
That looks pretty damn good. Is that the guy from Jericho playing the first guy he meets whos name escapes me?

Either way can't wait. since lost and stargate universe has finished my one hour drama watchings consists of true blood and jack shit else.

On a side note i found volume...7 i think, the one with loris pregnant bump as the cover, in a box yesterday, dont know why i have since i buy the issues, but goddam, if your reading by the volume that is hands down the worst part of the entire series. 1 interesting scene and then just as it gets going its "OHP-AP-AP-AB-AP-AB, NO PLOT FOR YOU TILL YOU HOCK UP ANOTHER TENNER TROLLOLOLOL". Seriously. when you finish 6, go buy 7 and 8 at the same time. Otherwise get ready for a "FFFFFFUUUUUU" moment.

Yeah that's Hawkins or Lennie James from Jericho... Great casting.

Oops.... Thought the I was looking at the last page when I replied.

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2010, 04:14 PM
It's really interesting to note that they showed a suicide by shotgun victim up there in the vid as well..I'm sure that we won't see the aftermath, but even what's shown is quite gutsy..

The entire Comic-Con panel discussion for TWD is on YouTube in six parts. In that they discuss the video, and they actually had to cut back for Comic-Con because of the audience in the hall or something.

For example, Darabont says about the trailer there's a crosshairs over the zombie's head - "we don't cut away in the show" - and that there's a 'Romero style head shot' for it, so that clip is cut back specifically for Comic-Con and the actual show will show us more. :)

Ghost Of War
25-Jul-2010, 05:52 PM
Seriously, I'm gonna have to get some hand cream and tissues out soon. Every time I open this thread it just gets me more excited about TWD.

Yojimbo
25-Jul-2010, 06:05 PM
A slightly better crappy cam video of the trailer <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHN6goQTP9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHN6goQTP9k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> Holy shit this looks cinematic!! I am soooo excited for this that I might just . . . .ohhhhhhh. .. .mmmm. . .oooooooooh. . . .:o. . . .never mind.

Holy fucking shit! This is turning out to look so mega awesome I think I just pissed myself.

paranoid101
25-Jul-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh my god this looks so cool, can't wait for October.

Debbieangel
26-Jul-2010, 12:06 AM
these teasers are 'killing' me...I don't think I can wait much longer!!!
4 months to go..ooooh my!!!!

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::d ead::dead::dead::dead:

Bring on "THE WALKING DEAD":D

bassman
26-Jul-2010, 12:59 AM
4 months to go..ooooh my!!!!

Less than three, actually. July 25 to October. Hopefully they won't make us wait until the end of October...

EDukes
26-Jul-2010, 06:51 AM
Less than three, actually. July 25 to October. Hopefully they won't make us wait until the end of October...

I think on the Comic-con's panel discussion videos on Youtube, the series will premiere during AMC's Fear Festival on Halloween.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

http://www.tvovermind.com/cable/amc/the-walking-dead/the-walking-dead-confirmed-for-second-season/26937

Walking Dead confirmed for a second season. I'm starting to have serious thoughts about pulling a Cartman and just freezing myself until October. LoL

bassman
26-Jul-2010, 12:39 PM
I think on the Comic-con's panel discussion videos on Youtube, the series will premiere during AMC's Fear Festival on Halloween

Yeah, but the Fear Fest programming airs throughout most of the month of October. So i'm hoping they premiere it earlier in the month. It would be a shame to start the show on Halloween night....

JonOfTheShred
26-Jul-2010, 02:02 PM
Season 2 already? This show just gets more and more momentum. I hope it lasts for 10 seasons or more, and stays extremely consistent. I have little doubts this will fast become my favorite TV show too.

kidgloves
26-Jul-2010, 02:09 PM
Holy f*&@K%$g shit man.
At last. At last a zombie series that has all the elements. You can tell from the trailer alone that their are going to be tense tense situations and heart pumping moments.
I really cant wait. ME WANT NOW. NOW.

Oh. Im going to lie down for a bit.

Thorn
26-Jul-2010, 04:57 PM
How amazing is that? Dear god... time can't seem to pass fast enough.

bassman
01-Aug-2010, 11:26 PM
Great interview (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27573) with Darabont. He says that the second season won't be just six episodes like the first, but thirteen! :hyper:

Now where the hell is that official unedited trailer?!?

Danny
01-Aug-2010, 11:42 PM
Anyone else read issue 75 yet? kinda shit hot humdinger territory. It even has some nice glossy pictures of the cast of the show and some zombies in the back with the dead inside add on the back of the latest two.
Plus the stories taking a good turn with some side characters like Abraham.

shame kirkman seems to be turning rick back into prison rick again. first tyreese, now michonne clock him, andrea replaces dale to chastise him. next the new bald guy takes his other hand. CALLING IT. :lol:

Cartma7546
02-Aug-2010, 06:44 AM
Did anybody else catch the Detroit on the police car? WTF the comic takes place in Atlanta! I wonder why the change?

bassman
02-Aug-2010, 11:59 AM
Did anybody else catch the Detroit on the police car? WTF the comic takes place in Atlanta! I wonder why the change?

I can't answer for the car, but the show definitely takes place in Atlanta(represent -woot woot:cool:). We've already heard the city mentioned several times in the comic con trailer.

3pidemiC
03-Aug-2010, 01:20 AM
Deeeeeeeeeeetroit!

darth los
03-Aug-2010, 02:39 AM
I can't answer for the car, but the show definitely takes place in Atlanta(represent -woot woot:cool:). We've already heard the city mentioned several times in the comic con trailer.

Don't know why either but bassman's right.

:cool:

Skold
03-Aug-2010, 03:40 AM
Obviously, some Detroit police man drove straight to ATL because he had family there. Unfortunately for him, he got munched on by his family. Then some dudes set his squad car on fire.

The best thing about this whole undead premise for me, is that we all make up stories to fill in the gaps. You know you've been doing it fort Dawn and Day for years! :P

tkane18
03-Aug-2010, 09:06 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/David-Boyd-560.jpg

New image and interview with cinematographer David Boyd on the AMC blog page (http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/).

bassman
03-Aug-2010, 10:08 PM
Looks like Dr Tongue's sister. Nice :thumbsup:

This series is going to be legendary....

EDukes
04-Aug-2010, 03:36 AM
Looks like Dr Tongue's sister. Nice :thumbsup:

This series is going to be legendary....

I watched Day of the Dead on Bluray the other day, and the shot of Dr. Doctor convinced me that it was a nessecary purchase.

shootemindehead
05-Aug-2010, 10:59 AM
You know, I really hope they don't cut the heart and soul out of this. I've seen a lot of really cool (but disgusting images) associated with the show and I cannot imagine that it'll all get through.

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 11:43 AM
You know, I really hope they don't cut the heart and soul out of this. I've seen a lot of really cool (but disgusting images) associated with the show and I cannot imagine that it'll all get through.

I imagine there will be some things cut, but you always have the dvd release to see it in all it's glory. And from what I've read in interviews, they're getting away with more than they had imagined. The gore level should be just fine when you consider it's on AMC, and it will most likely air sometime after 10pm.

CooperWasRight
05-Aug-2010, 11:43 AM

Well if you have ever watched AMC's other adult shows you know they are not afraid to push the envelope and dont shy away from violence.

That said the heart and soul of The Walking Dead is not zombie's... It's the struggle to live and how people are to one another post society.

Danny
05-Aug-2010, 12:18 PM
am i the only person finding the shots of zombies genuinely creepy in this? and i dont normally find them eerie but dayum. In act ive seen a guy get put off by them saying "i dont need a reason to further demonize the general public and whilst i dont agree i can certainly see how he is getting that vibe.

shootemindehead
05-Aug-2010, 12:51 PM
I imagine there will be some things cut, but you always have the dvd release to see it in all it's glory. And from what I've read in interviews, they're getting away with more than they had imagined. The gore level should be just fine when you consider it's on AMC, and it will most likely air sometime after 10pm.

Well if you have ever watched AMC's other adult shows you know they are not afraid to push the envelope and dont shy away from violence.

That said the heart and soul of The Walking Dead is not zombie's... It's the struggle to live and how people are to one another post society.

Never seen anything on AMC before. But that's good news lads. But, for the the heart and soul of any zombie flick are the dead themselves and what they do.

am i the only person finding the shots of zombies genuinely creepy in this? and i dont normally find them eerie but dayum. In act ive seen a guy get put off by them saying "i dont need a reason to further demonize the general public and whilst i dont agree i can certainly see how he is getting that vibe.

Hellsing, no...you're not alone. I think Nicotero has really pushed the boat out with this. Some of the creations are genuinely disturbing. The cover girl zombie with the teeth is freaking me out every time I see her.

That's not bad going for a chap as utterly jaded with the genre as me. :D

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:31 PM
Bicycle Girl Featurette -

Wa0tRQ2Q0Wk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1

EDukes
05-Aug-2010, 06:53 PM
I was just about to post that same video. Damn you for Bassman for posting it first. LoL

MinionZombie
05-Aug-2010, 07:37 PM
Hellsing - aye - the zombies in this are really creepy. Nicotero & Co's best work on zombies, I think. I've always wanted zombies with their teeth on show from the 'corpse smile' effect, and I think this one will have some good old shots of that - plus, yeah, that bicycle zombie is freaky as all get out. It was awesome in the comic, and it looks awesome in the adap.

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS FUCKING SHOW! Hooray for Kirkman, Adlard, Darabont & Co!

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 07:40 PM
And you best to believe the second this series is set to pre-order on blu ray imma be all ova it. ! :hyper:

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 08:47 PM
And you best to believe the second this series is set to pre-order on blu ray imma be all ova it. ! :hyper:

I've already got a pre-order on the pre-order.:p

ProfessorChaos
05-Aug-2010, 09:14 PM
yeah, once season one of this is out on blu-ray, i'll probably make the big switch and upgrade my home theater set-up.

clanglee
06-Aug-2010, 06:34 AM
Ahhhhh Cinema. . .friend to anorexia. . . . .but seriously, that looks awesome!

Ghost Of War
06-Aug-2010, 10:22 AM
Damn, I just wet myself again.

Rancid Carcass
06-Aug-2010, 12:00 PM
Sweeeeet!

It certainly looks like this show is shaping up to be the TV equivalent of DAWN as a genre benchmark. Talk about raising the bar. :D

Tricky
06-Aug-2010, 06:04 PM
Its seems to me that Zombie TV shows are kicking the arse of the films these days, what with Dead Set a couple of years back & now this!

MinionZombie
07-Aug-2010, 10:11 AM
Its seems to me that Zombie TV shows are kicking the arse of the films these days, what with Dead Set a couple of years back & now this!
Although Dead Set did have runners in it ... and the picture was a bit too dark ... and too shaky at times ... still it was surprisingly good, but TWC is gonna kick its arse, I'm getting the feeling that TWC is going to be the next big "the" zombie event, if that makes sense.

kidgloves
08-Aug-2010, 02:11 PM
Visually this is being shot with cool colours and grain so don't get too excited about the blu-ray. There is always the special features though :cool:

Legion2213
08-Aug-2010, 03:49 PM
Visually this is being shot with cool colours and grain so don't get too excited about the blu-ray. There is always the special features though :cool:

And as others have said, the BD's/DVD's will be uncut if the TV folks get a bit woozy and bottle out on some of the gore.

This show looks like it will be insanely good. :cool:

kidgloves
08-Aug-2010, 09:50 PM
And as others have said, the BD's/DVD's will be uncut if the TV folks get a bit woozy and bottle out on some of the gore.

This show looks like it will be insanely good. :cool:

I'm referring more to the picture quality than the content. This will probably be one of those instances where the pq will be just as good on the DVD as the blu-ray so no need for the extra expense unless there are more special features on the blu-ray.
Absolutely gagging for this. At this stage I'm just excited about seeing an official or good copy of the trailer. Chuffed to see Andrew Lincoln as the lead as well.

Legion2213
08-Aug-2010, 09:55 PM
Captains Log: Suplimental...

Folded like a cheap deck chair and ordered "Walking Dead Volumes 1&2" (hardback editions - containing issues 1 through to 24).

Worked out pretty much the same price as the TPB's, so, this shit better be good. :cool:

kidgloves
08-Aug-2010, 10:16 PM

Folded like a cheap deck chair and ordered "Walking Dead Volumes 1&2" (hardback editions - containing issues 1 through to 24).

Worked out pretty much the same price as the TPB's, so, this shit better be good. :cool:

It's brilliant mate. You won't be disappointed.

MikePizzoff
09-Aug-2010, 07:32 AM

All I can say is: it's about damn time!

kidgloves
09-Aug-2010, 09:28 AM
This is going to be on FX and FXHD in the UK for those who didn't already know. :)

Ghost Of War
09-Aug-2010, 09:57 AM
This is going to be on FX and FXHD in the UK for those who didn't already know. :)

Great news. My favourite channel over here.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2010, 10:42 AM
Schweet ... but will it be showing on the same day, or will it be a couple of days late, or even a week late? Hmmm...

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 12:00 PM
Schweet ... but will it be showing on the same day, or will it be a couple of days late, or even a week late? Hmmm...

I don't have the exact quote at hand, but one of the producers said something along the lines of "Because of our partnership with Fox, no matter where you are in the world, you'll be able to see TWD in October." So at least you know it won't be a huge difference in release...

kidgloves
09-Aug-2010, 12:10 PM
Exclusive trailer released tomorrow

I am very pleased to announce that we will be showcasing a 90 second exclusive FXUK trailer for The Walking Dead from tomorrow (Tuesday 10th August). From approximately 2pm the trailer will be live. This is the first time any official footage has been released in the UK.

We hope you all love it - we think it looks amazing.

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/

Neil
09-Aug-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't have the exact quote at hand, but one of the producers said something along the lines of "Because of our partnership with Fox, no matter where you are in the world, you'll be able to see TWD in October." So at least you know it won't be a huge difference in release...*looks down and examines his wet pants*

Ghost Of War
09-Aug-2010, 01:55 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2010, 04:47 PM
*looks down and examines his wet pants*
Your troozers are wet, mine are sticky... :lol:

Well hopefully we in the UK will get is as soon as possible after the American airing ... in fact, the day/night after it airs in America would be most welcome. :)

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't have the exact quote at hand, but one of the producers said something along the lines of "Because of our partnership with Fox, no matter where you are in the world, you'll be able to see TWD in October." So at least you know it won't be a huge difference in release...

Yeah, that sorta kinda is going to ruin survival for me as well.

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 05:25 PM
Maybe it's been mentioned and I over looked it, but I've just seen at TWD fanclub that Episode one will air Sunday the 24th.:)

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 05:31 PM
Maybe it's been mentioned and I over looked it, but I've just seen at TWD fanclub that Episode one will air Sunday the 24th.:)

(feverishly cancelling all appointments and events for the day!) :lol:

AcesandEights
09-Aug-2010, 05:48 PM

Fookin' ace! ( <-- said in best faux-Brit accent)

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 06:03 PM
Fuckin' ace! ( <-- said in best faux-Brit accent)

So wouldn't that be Fookin'? :p

Tricky
09-Aug-2010, 06:13 PM
Well hopefully we in the UK will get is as soon as possible after the American airing ... in fact, the day/night after it airs in America would be most welcome. :)

Aye we want to be able to all talk about it at the same time on these forums, not have us UK folks sat here jealously tutting & trying to avoid reading spoilers :p

AcesandEights
09-Aug-2010, 06:14 PM
So wouldn't that be Fookin'? :p

Noted & corrected.

Legion2213
09-Aug-2010, 08:16 PM
LOL, I've just been franticaly flicking through my Sky channels, didn't even know this station existed not being much of a TV person...seems I've got it in HD as part of me SKY+ package...I think the technical term for that is "w00t". :hyper:

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 08:21 PM
LOL, I've just been franticaly flicking through my Sky channels, didn't even know this station existed not being much of a TV person...seems I've got it in HD as part of me SKY+ package...I think the technical term for that is "w00t". :hyper:

:lol:

Set your Tivo/DVR's if you got em. I know I will. Record all six episodes and then later watch them in a marathon? Supoib!:D

Legion2213
09-Aug-2010, 08:26 PM

Set your Tivo/DVR's if you got em. I know I will. Record all six episodes and then later watch them in a marathon? Supoib!:D

I can record in HD on my SKY box and watch at my liesure, so that is a definate probability...that said, I am getting pumped for the debut episode...a real honest to God zombie TV series...never thought I'd see the day. :)

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 08:31 PM
I can record in HD on my SKY box and watch at my liesure, so that is a definate probability...that said, I am getting pumped for the debut episode...a real honest to God zombie TV series...never thought I'd see the day. :)

I hate to count my chickens before they hatch, but this one is pretty much a guaranteed classic at this point. Just the shakey cam footage we've seen so far looks epic. If it looks great on that, think of how badass it's going to be as the final product. Can. Not. Wait. :hyper:

So as of right now it looks like we have roughly two months and a half months to wait....

Legion2213
09-Aug-2010, 08:54 PM
I hate to count my chickens before they hatch, but this one is pretty much a guaranteed classic at this point. Just the shakey cam footage we've seen so far looks epic. If it looks great on that, think of how badass it's going to be as the final product. Can. Not. Wait. :hyper:

So as of right now it looks like we have roughly two months and a half months to wait....

The small clips and production shots certainly look good, and you guys swear by the comics, so having the input/oversight of the creators should steer it in the right direction.

kidgloves
09-Aug-2010, 10:30 PM
Noted & corrected.

"Fookin quality" would be more accurate for us Southerners :cool:

Legion2213
09-Aug-2010, 10:36 PM
Northern prounounciation would focus more on the "k" sound...

"Fukkin quality mate"

Skold
10-Aug-2010, 05:15 AM
i get my comics delivered monthly, and was shocked by WD #75 for a few reasons:

Glossy photos of the TV cast!

Rick loses it. Wow. This changes everything.

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 11:32 AM
This changes everything.

Spoiler tags would be appreciated.;)

MinionZombie
10-Aug-2010, 12:10 PM
Spoiler tags would be appreciated.;)
Indeed.

I spoiler tagged the text itself.

Personally I've read Volumes 1, 2 and 3 (which is 18 issues worth I believe).

AcesandEights
10-Aug-2010, 01:48 PM
Maybe we should try and make a thread just for conversation (with spoiler tags, of course) of the current issue/story arc of the TWD comic to help keep this from happening again and again. We could even ask the higher ups to sticky it.

I know such a thread will get ignored or go unnoticed sometimes, but I also know I'm not the only spoiler nazi out there :D And it definitely matters with this series.

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 02:22 PM

I think that's the route I'm going to take. I'd hate for and episode to end on a cliffhanger and have to wait an entire week to see what happens.

it's definitely better to watch it back to back.

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 02:31 PM
I think that's the route I'm going to take. I'd hate for and episode to end on a cliffhanger and have to wait an entire week to see what happens.

it's definitely better to watch it back to back.

Shit.....I'm going to watch them as they air, then later as a marathon. And probably several more times before the DVD/BR is released.:p

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 02:34 PM
Shit.....I'm going to watch them as they air, then later as a marathon. And probably several more times before the DVD/BR is released.:p

I'm torn on this one. If i did it my way then i would also have to avoid the threads related to it for fear of spoilers.

How's a man to choose!?! :(

MinionZombie
10-Aug-2010, 04:55 PM
Maybe we should try and make a thread just for conversation (with spoiler tags, of course) of the current issue/story arc of the TWD comic to help keep this from happening again and again. We could even ask the higher ups to sticky it.

I know such a thread will get ignored or go unnoticed sometimes, but I also know I'm not the only spoiler nazi out there :D And it definitely matters with this series.
I will do just that - start a thread for the comic discussion with spoilers (and a warning of spoilers) and sticky it ... best to spread some of the discussion topics around a bit and give them all room to breathe, you know? :)

UPDATE:
To discuss the comics, go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=17263

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 05:02 PM
I will do just that - start a thread for the comic discussion with spoilers (and a warning of spoilers) and sticky it ... best to spread some of the discussion topics around a bit and give them all room to breathe, you know? :)

UPDATE:
To discuss the comics, go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=17263

I know right.

We wouldn't want another Alan Wake:The signal fiasco on our hands. :p :lol:

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 05:46 PM
So much for that trailer today. The site says they're still working on it....

MinionZombie
10-Aug-2010, 06:15 PM
I know right.

We wouldn't want another Alan Wake:The signal fiasco on our hands. :p :lol:

I don't know, go to the effort of creating a fresh thread for The Signal, and everybody who was all talking about it suddenly decide to become mutes on the subject. :rolleyes:

So much for that trailer today. The site says they're still working on it....

I forgot to swing by today ... hmmm, hopefully they get it up soon.

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know, go to the effort of creating a fresh thread for The Signal, and everybody who was all talking about it suddenly decide to become mutes on the subject. :rolleyes:

I guess we said all we had to say about it by the time the subject of a new thread cameup.

We just p.m. each other about it now.

We're just respecting your wishes mate! :D

MinionZombie
10-Aug-2010, 07:15 PM
Well it was just so I didn't read any spoilers, go and use the thread I created for it, it'd be easier! :)

kidgloves
14-Aug-2010, 06:44 PM
No sign of the trailer then yet? Thats not very good is it?:rolleyes:

bassman
14-Aug-2010, 07:29 PM
No sign of the trailer then yet? Thats not very good is it?:rolleyes:

Thats what I was thinking. About two months out and nothing official?

Even the comic con trailer without the gore was awesome....just put that out at least...

ProfessorChaos
14-Aug-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah, i figured we'd see that trailer during the mad men premiere the week or so after comicon. still nothing. strange, given how much info, interviews, behind the scenes segements, etc. that AMC has been teasing us with...

MikePizzoff
15-Aug-2010, 02:48 AM
Think its possible they're holding off on putting together a trailer until they get some more stuff shot? Maybe there are key elements being filmed right now that they feel MUST be included in the public trailer.

bassman
15-Aug-2010, 02:52 AM
Think its possible they're holding off on putting together a trailer until they get some more stuff shot? Maybe there are key elements being filmed right now that they feel MUST be included in the public trailer.

That's possible.

But have you seen the comic con trailer? If they were to release that i'm sure most fans would be happy. And that shits edited! :lol:

Give us something. We're two months away. Fuck Entourage, lets hear about TWD! :p

MikePizzoff
15-Aug-2010, 02:54 AM
Yeah that trailer was incredible. But maybe not to people who aren't like us, ya know? They might be wanting to get some more action footage for a trailer. Explosions and zombies, to play it up as if it's going to be an action series, not the drama that it will be.

Legion2213
15-Aug-2010, 03:20 AM
I think they will be trying to introduce some obvious zombie action earlier into the trailer this time. The original looked like "a cop show", then a bit of "28 Days Later" with some "I Am Legend" thrown in...now, folks who know what they are watching wouldn't have minded this, but for "yer average joe punter", they probably want to make it really obvious that this is a zombiegeddon series (the first of it's kind no less).

I expect zombies from the get-go in the re-jigged trailer. This has to appeal to the masses if you want to see more than one or two series and spend the rest of your days thinking "if only we'd had more of this"...they have to suck the average punter into the situation and hold them there for the duration.

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah I was hoping we'd get to see the comic-con trailer officially, I rather liked it ... by the way, does anyone know what the song was in it?

As for FX-UK, where the fxuk is that trailer they boasted about? Why have a countdown and then royally stuff it up? :rolleyes:

Legion2213
15-Aug-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah I was hoping we'd get to see the comic-con trailer officially, I rather liked it ... by the way, does anyone know what the song was in it?

Choon is "Mr Splitfoot" by "Paris Motel"

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2010, 12:43 PM
Choon is "Mr Splitfoot" by "Paris Motel"
Actually I meant the second track (forgot about the first track) ... the second track, if anyone's interested, is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQQkfsieWc
-NQQkfsieWc

SuprJoinT
16-Aug-2010, 01:55 PM
I think it is a mistake that either Showtime or HBO did not pick this up. Having read this comic since the first issue, I don't see how this can be done on AMC..especially when and if they make it to the Governor arc. There is NO way they can do that justice on AMC. I just read issue #75 and #76, I don't think 76 had ONE Zombie in it, and it was still good.

I really hope I am wrong, but I just still can't see this on AMC, sorry.

bassman
16-Aug-2010, 07:37 PM

AMC can get away with a good bit. It's considered a "premium" cable network and the show will most likely air after 10 pm where the censors lighten up. Look at some of the stuff Breaking Bad and Madmen get away with...

Besides....there's always DVD/Blu Ray.

darth los
16-Aug-2010, 07:51 PM
Baby steps people.

Imo, it's a breakthrough to even have a series like this on t.v.

If it's a hit expect copycats coming out of the woodwork, you can bet your balls on that one.

Perhaps future iterations of this show, whether they be affiliated with AMC or not, will continue to push the envelope.

Will get everything that we want out of it? Probably not. Will we get most of what we've been clamoring for years on end for? Probably so.

But isn't everything in life that way?

I see it as a glass half full type of thing.

MoonSylver
17-Aug-2010, 04:15 AM
Been following along from afar on this one for awhile...hope to watch it first run, but with my funky hours, unless the have multiple showings, then let those sweet, sweet torrents flow & then I'll buy the DVD when it come out.:D

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 11:55 AM
Love this picture...

http://joblo.com/images_arrownews/deadwalk303.jpg

Do Not Enter:lol:

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 12:14 PM
Love this picture...

Sauce of awesome right there. :cool:

Neil
19-Aug-2010, 02:33 PM
Love this picture...

What I don't like about that picture is that there seems to be just one blob of carefully choreographed zombies....

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2010, 03:27 PM
What I don't like about that picture is that there seems to be just one blob of carefully choreographed zombies....

It's a pretty tight-angled shot...:confused:

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 03:28 PM

I imagine it's just set up that way for the particular angle of the shot. Either that, or all the zeds were feasting in one area when they took chase to the horse and Rick.

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2010, 03:48 PM
Seriously, it's a tight shot. Not much space around Rick & the corners of two buildings in the foreground...only so much room for framing a shot I'd imagine.

This added to Bassman's touching the tip of the iceberg as to why undead might be grouped up, of course.

darth los
19-Aug-2010, 05:59 PM
Been following along from afar on this one for awhile...hope to watch it first run, but with my funky hours, unless the have multiple showings, then let those sweet, sweet torrents flow & then I'll buy the DVD when it come out.:D

DVR/tivo anyone?

And that shot is very reminiscent of the beginning of day...

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 06:03 PM
And that shot is very reminiscent of the beginning of day...

All he needs is a megaphone to ruin the chance of any survivors making it to safety....

BTW....horse meat, anyone?:p

http://joblo.com/images_arrownews/deadwalk301.jpg

darth los
19-Aug-2010, 06:17 PM
All he needs is a megaphone to ruin the chance of any survivors making it to safety...

http://joblo.com/images_arrownews/deadwalk301.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly.

Oh, dude. Not the animal eating thing.

The dude who's piloting this thing has to be a GAr fan and i can't imagine anyone outside Ga'rs inner circle thinks that's a cool idea.

Zack Snyder didn't even have his zombies eating animals!

I mean, c'mon.

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 06:23 PM
Darth - But the horse gets munched in the source material, so ... nerrrrr... ;)

As for the promo shot - well I'd imagine that the film camera was to the right a bit and framed tighter. It's amazing what an affect a bit of clever framing can have.

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 06:23 PM

I think you may be disappointed then...

Ghost Of War
19-Aug-2010, 06:43 PM
Darth - But the horse gets munched in the source material, so ... nerrrrr... ;)

:lol: @ nerrrr

darth los
19-Aug-2010, 06:44 PM
I think you may be disappointed then...

:(

Imo, when they just want to eat humans it's like they have a vendetta against us and it's that much scarier.

When they eat animals too and run across a human it's like "oh, i guess this will do."

Not as scary.

shootemindehead
19-Aug-2010, 09:29 PM
Agree that the animal eating thing is a bit of a disappointing move by Kirkman. I'd imagine that the dead would be really easy to "farm" if they fed on living creatures, other than humans. All you would have to do is keep them supplied with a steady flow of animal meat and control a local area. That'll keep them occupied while you thin out their numbers gradually.

I just cannot believe totally in a zombie apocalypse when there are other food sources involved. It's much better when they only want to feed on human flesh.

BillyRay
19-Aug-2010, 09:38 PM
I just cannot believe totally in a zombie apocalypse when there are other food sources involved. It's much better when they only want to feed on human flesh.

I always figured if it's meat, and it's moving, it's dinner to a Zed.

After all:

http://www.allflesh.com/EDN8020full.jpg

clanglee
19-Aug-2010, 09:49 PM

The dude who's piloting this thing has to be a GAr fan and i can't imagine anyone outside Ga'rs inner circle thinks that's a cool idea.

Zack Snyder didn't even have his zombies eating animals!

I mean, c'mon.

It is in the source material. . .and really it's in the ORIGINAL source material (NOTLD-bug eating zombie.) So I really have no problem with it. But there are no zombie animals running around.

Come to think of it though. . .I don't think I have seen any animals besides that horse in the comics. . . .were there even any animals on Hershel's farm? Birds in the air? Wild dogs? I'm gonna have to take another peek and see.

clanglee
20-Aug-2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.allflesh.com/EDN8020full.jpg

Love that game.

bassman
20-Aug-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm okay with them eating animals so long as it's not eating ONLY animals. Training them to "eat chicken" as Howard Sherman jokes is a horrible idea.

Other than that....it seems to me that these things would eat any kind of meat put in front of them. Especially something as plump as a horse.:p

Besides....that part of the book is amazing, as i'm sure the scene will be. And bugs were eaten in Night....

AcesandEights
20-Aug-2010, 02:58 PM
Agree that the animal eating thing is a bit of a disappointing move by Kirkman. I'd imagine that the dead would be really easy to "farm" if they fed on living creatures, other than humans. All you would have to do is keep them supplied with a steady flow of animal meat and control a local area. That'll keep them occupied while you thin out their numbers gradually.

On what scale are you talking about? Such an endeavor sounds excessively labor and materiel intensive, especially if the undead have already had a major impact on infrastructure.

A steady flow of animal meat in a world majorly impacted by zombies is going to be hard to come by and maintain unless the circumstances are just right and even then it would probably only be an operation that could be localized on a small scale.

darth los
20-Aug-2010, 03:05 PM
On what scale are you talking about? Such an endeavor sounds excessively labor and materiel intensive, especially if the undead have already had a major impact on infrastructure.

A steady flow of animal meat in a world majorly impacted by zombies is going to be hard to come by and maintain unless the circumstances are just right and even then it would probably only be an operation that could be localized on a small scale.

It would be easier to blow the piss out of them.

I'm okay with them eating animals so long as it's not eating ONLY animals. Training them to "eat chicken" as Howard Sherman jokes is a horrible idea.

Other than that....it seems to me that these things would eat any kind of meat put in front of them. Especially something as plump as a horse.:p

Besides....that part of the book is amazing, as i'm sure the scene will be. And bugs were eaten in Night....

Zombies also jogged in night. Shall we implement that too?

bassman
20-Aug-2010, 03:14 PM
Zombies also jogged in night. Shall we implement that too?

Uhhh....they did. Have you read this thread?:lol:

AcesandEights
20-Aug-2010, 03:15 PM

Just read a book wherein elements of the navy had lured zeds to sections of the coast (zombies in this book were very attuned to noise--so fog horns and noise devices worked wonders) and pounded the shit out of them for days on end with ordinance, which was a great idea, but only to an extent. Even then, you have to wonder how feasible a large scale clearing operations would be in a US where the infection rate was somewhere in the 90%+ range by the time such tactics were brought to bare. Small/tactical scale, say to clear out a given area, which is otherwise remote, for resource harvesting, is fine and may work, but I think a lot of grandiose plans would have grandiose price tags in terms of materiel, lost men and/or inherent risks to surviving civilians.

darth los
20-Aug-2010, 03:36 PM
Uhhh....they did. Have you read this thread?:lol:

I'm actually reading it here and there trying to avoid spoilers. :|

But now that you've told me that, another bad idea for this type of series, imo.

But I'm a fan of running zombies too so maybe they can make it work.

:p

Just read a book wherein elements of the navy had lured zeds to sections of the coast (zombies in this book were very attenuated to noise--so fog horns and noise devices worked wonders) and pounded the shit out of them for days on end with ordinance, which was a great idea, but only to an extent. Even then, you have to wonder how feasible a large scale clearing operations would be in a US where the infection rate was somewhere in the 90%+ range. Small/tactical scale, say to clear out a given area, which is otherwise remote, for resource harvesting, is fine and may work, but grand plans I think probably call for less methodical and more practical solutions.

Anyway, my point is, I think a lot of grandiose plans would have grandiose price tags in terms of materiel, lost men and/or inherent risks to surviving civilians.

That's interesting. Which gets me to thinking that at what point would a gov't who posseses nukes use them?

As you said, with 90% of the population either dead or turned, I highly doubt that a gov't would allow itself to be wiped out without using every tool at it's disposal.

bassman
20-Aug-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm actually reading it here and there trying to avoid spoilers.

Darabont and crew have been saying that Night is the bible when it comes to this series. You won't see any running zombies like Dawn04, but you will see a fast paced walk like the cemetary zombie in Night. I believe it was referred to as the Hinzman Hobble...

darth los
20-Aug-2010, 03:50 PM
Darabont and crew have been saying that Night is the bible when it comes to this series. You won't see any running zombies like Dawn04, but you will see a fast paced walk like the cemetary zombie in Night. I believe it was referred to as the Hinzman Hobble...

That's actually a cool fucking name for it!

Like the Fosberry flop. :lol:

Hopefully they're not too fast though.

Imo, shamblers allow multitude of other topics to be covered and usually in GArs case, the human condition.

If you notice with runners it's all about the action and most times there's little to no plot/character development.

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2010, 06:55 PM

All of them?!

;)

Dr Tongue
20-Aug-2010, 07:08 PM
It is in the source material. . .and really it's in the ORIGINAL source material (NOTLD-bug eating zombie.) So I really have no problem with it. But there are no zombie animals running around.

Come to think of it though. . .I don't think I have seen any animals besides that horse in the comics. . . .were there even any animals on Hershel's farm? Birds in the air? Wild dogs? I'm gonna have to take another peek and see.

In the first six issues we see a Zombie eating a Deer... I wonder how he caught that damned thing. And Hershel had an outside fence he built.(I'm pretty sure he mentions it.)

I think it is a mistake that either Showtime or HBO did not pick this up. Having read this comic since the first issue, I don't see how this can be done on AMC..especially when and if they make it to the Governor arc. There is NO way they can do that justice on AMC. I just read issue #75 and #76, I don't think 76 had ONE Zombie in it, and it was still good.

I'm pretty sure they told Durabont that if he cut out all the curse words, he could do whatever he wants with the violence. Have you seen the Comicon trailer? I'm not too worried.

About this whole 'Zombies eating Animals' thing, a Zombie ate a mouse in Night '90(I know Savini did it.), but this concept isn't new to TWD.

PS: On another note, didn't George in an audio interview before filming Diary, say he was going to address Animals and Zombies? I know Survival touched on it. If you are motorized instinct, wouldn't you eating anything?(Bugs, Animals, Humans)

AcesandEights
20-Aug-2010, 07:08 PM
All of them?!

;)

Exactly. You can bomb the shit out of tons of them, drop a few moabs...and achieve a lot operationallly/tactically...but if you're using the assumption that weapons free authorization of that sort has been handed down in--say for example the US or Britain--then things have had to have gotten bad enough for politicians to resort to it and that would probably be pretty fucking bad, and you're not going to solve the whole of the problem by guns and bombs alone.

If 70% of the population of the contiguous US were to become zombies that's easily at least 200 Million zombies!!!

clanglee
21-Aug-2010, 05:24 AM
In the first six issues we see a Zombie eating a Deer... I wonder how he caught that damned thing. And Hershel had an outside fence he built.(I'm pretty sure he mentions it.)

Yeah I forgot about the deer.. . . .but any living animals? aside from the horse? And I know Heshel had a fence. . ummm. . . I don't know what that had to do with animals, I just was trying to recall if there were animals on the farm.

Dr Tongue
21-Aug-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah I forgot about the deer.. . . .but any living animals? aside from the horse? And I know Heshel had a fence. . ummm. . . I don't know what that had to do with animals, I just was trying to recall if there were animals on the farm.

Oh, my bad. I thought you asked why Hershel's Animals didn't get eaten'.

It shows Horses in the comic, Hershel is brushing one when Rick argues with him. Hershel also mentions livestock when they get there. And I'm pretty sure Otis brings most of them to the Prison. I haven't read issue 52 in a while, did Glen and Maggie get the horses from the old farm? I can't remember.

clanglee
22-Aug-2010, 05:04 AM

It shows Horses in the comic, Hershel is brushing one when Rick argues with him. Hershel also mentions livestock when they get there. And I'm pretty sure Otis brings most of them to the Prison. I haven't read issue 52 in a while, did Glen and Maggie get the horses from the old farm? I can't remember.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Danny
22-Aug-2010, 05:29 AM

They ate a horse in issue one though didn't they?

clanglee
22-Aug-2010, 05:33 AM
They ate a horse in issue one though didn't they?

One or two. . .it's very early.

MinionZombie
22-Aug-2010, 10:17 AM
One or two. . .it's very early.
I've got and read the first three Trade Paperbacks, and yeah, they eat a horse in issue one or two ... I think two ... in the sequence we saw a screenshot from a few posts back. The zombies go apeshit over the horse meat ... perhaps they were French. :sneaky::p:sneaky:

bassman
22-Aug-2010, 02:11 PM
It turns out Romero hasn't been approached and most likely wouldn't do it anyway.

Taken from Shock Till You Drop:

"I'd probably say no," he said. "I'm sitting here at home, my zombies are in the closet and I have my own peculiar way of using them. I'm clinging to my own franchise, as peculiar as that is. It's not big box office, but it's mine and I'll stick with it."

While those zombies are stored away for the time being - awaiting to be released once again if Romero has his way and directs two back-to-back undead pictures - the man he presently writing an original film.

"It's a non-zombie horror thing," he revealed. "It's the first thing I've written where I'm really trying to get under your skin a little bit. Actually scare you. Not since Night of the Living Dead have I tried to be creepy with anything. It's all been comic book, tongue-in-cheek scares. A loud scare and a quick movement can make you jump, but it's not scary. So I'm writing that. If the zombie films don't happen, maybe this one will."

I love romero....but he may need a quick kick to the balls....

shootemindehead
22-Aug-2010, 03:04 PM

Hmmm...a bug was bitten in 'Night of the Living Dead' 68 and a field mouse put into a mouth in the 1990 version, but it doesn't mean that the zombies went looking for other flesh to eat, besides human and personally I think if they did chow down on "other flesh" they wouldn't be half as bothered chasing humans in the first place. In a world where the human population is easily outnumbered by the animal kingdom, there's endless food sources for the living dead to get stuck into. It makes the idea of a collapsing worldwide civilisation less believable to me.

It's a bad move full stop.

The field mouse from Night 90 is a particularly stupid idea...have you ever tried to catch a mouse with your hands? showing a zombie doing it is ridiculous. Even Zach Snyder's "super zombies" would have a hard time doing that.

Localised on a smallish scale, it could be done. Because, in theory, if the living dead are distracted by other food sources it would be possible to control them by using those other food sources as bait. How difficult would it be to lure a manageable sized group into a special killing ground with a few lame horses as tasty bait? It wouldn't take genius organisation for a group of humans to do that. Sure, cities may still become the realm of the dead eventually. But in less populated areas, humans wouldn't have a hard time at all. I'm not saying that it would solve the war completely, but it would enable relatively large sized groups of human survivors to maintain some sort of status quo. It's just difficult to buy into a total collapse, if zombies are interested in other meat.

What makes the living dead scary is that they cannot be reasoned or bargained with. If, however, they are into premium cow hide, then the humans have a voluminous bargaining chip to play with.

MinionZombie
22-Aug-2010, 06:35 PM
This new thing he's writing sounds interesting ... I wonder what it'll eventually become. It'd be nice for him to make something non-zombie in this revived stage of his career, you know?

childofgilead
24-Aug-2010, 05:11 AM
I was gonna post this in the spoilers section, but I don't keep up with the individual issues, only the trade paperbacks through issue 10 and I don't want to get too much spoiled for me..

Anyway, do you guys think that comics will last much longer? from what I've accidentally seen, they find a settlement in Arlington, but not the answers to the undead they were promised by Eugene. I'm sure the issues are still selling, don't get me wrong, but are we gonna see the rise of another evil dictator like the Governor, or a war with another settlement? I mean..I dunno, I understand that it's not about the dead and it shouldn't be, but then again, I don't want it to get stale either. some people didn't like the prison arc, and I can definitely see why, especially if you follow it month to month..

Danny
24-Aug-2010, 05:29 AM
I was gonna post this in the spoilers section, but I don't keep up with the individual issues, only the trade paperbacks through issue 10 and I don't want to get too much spoiled for me..

Anyway, do you guys think that comics will last much longer? from what I've accidentally seen, they find a settlement in Arlington, but not the answers to the undead they were promised by Eugene. I'm sure the issues are still selling, don't get me wrong, but are we gonna see the rise of another evil dictator like the Governor, or a war with another settlement? I mean..I dunno, I understand that it's not about the dead and it shouldn't be, but then again, I don't want it to get stale either. some people didn't like the prison arc, and I can definitely see why, especially if you follow it month to month..

Kirkman has often said the series has no end, that he often considers wiping out the entire cast and starting anew, its a story about people in a world, the people dont always have to be the same.

childofgilead
24-Aug-2010, 05:34 AM
Then why not show more stories now without killing off existing characters? Maybe take a hiatus on the old crew, start out with somebody new until he wants to see what's been up with Rick & co?

Danny
24-Aug-2010, 06:03 AM
Then why not show more stories now without killing off existing characters? Maybe take a hiatus on the old crew, start out with somebody new until he wants to see what's been up with Rick & co?

I did hear rumours of a spin off book that was essentially just that. one shot or mini 3 to 5 issue arcs about different people at different times of the breakdown of society. Like 'Tales of the Walking dead' or something like that.

Ghost Of War
24-Aug-2010, 05:15 PM
The Trailer from FXUK:

FUCKING HELL I CANNOT WAIT!!! (http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/1003934602/hey-guys-this-is-what-youve-all-been-waiting)

It's saying November in the UK, so I imagine it will be the week after it airs in the US.

bassman
24-Aug-2010, 05:16 PM
Cannot be viewed in my country. Mother fuck!:mad:

Come on youtube.....

Danny
24-Aug-2010, 05:20 PM

Come on youtube.....

Welcome to the rest of the worlds problem 99.995 of the time. If i was speaking you would note a lack of sympathy:p

bassman
24-Aug-2010, 05:23 PM
Actually....fuck your UK trailer. The OFFICIAL US 4 minute trailer (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/) from comic con is up on AMC! Badass!

Ghost Of War
24-Aug-2010, 05:24 PM
To be honest, the UK trailer isn't as long as the one floating around. But it's official.

bassman
24-Aug-2010, 05:30 PM
To be honest, the UK trailer isn't as long as the one floating around. But it's official.

So is the 4 minute US trailer. I guess they released them both today. So wherever you're at....you've got something official. Good day.:hyper:

I imagine both will be on youtube within a matter of minutes...

EDIT:
US members - TWD premieres at 10 pm on Halloween night(bad move, imo). Also....it's a 90 minute episode! tee hee hee I'm so excited. :hyper:

shootemindehead
24-Aug-2010, 06:20 PM

Come on youtube.....

For fuck sake. After all that waiting around?

MinionZombie
24-Aug-2010, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the rest of the worlds problem 99.995 of the time. If i was speaking you would note a lack of sympathy:p

Damn straight ... although we're again fucked over with that AMC trailer. I mean wtf is the point?! The show's airing here in the UK, so why can't we also see that 4 minute trailer, and vice versa for the Americalanders with out 100 second trailer? :confused:

Actually....fuck your UK trailer. The OFFICIAL US 4 minute trailer (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/) from comic con is up on AMC! Badass!

*spunks everywhere ... realises it's America only ... Hulk smash*

US members - TWD premieres at 10 pm on Halloween night(bad move, imo). Also....it's a 90 minute episode! tee hee hee I'm so excited. :hyper:

So with that being Oct 31st, hopefully we get it like November 1st. :p I can't be doing with waiting a week after America to get it, I'd really like to watch it on the channel to show my official support, you know?

Legion2213
24-Aug-2010, 07:07 PM
I remember that BSG was never more than a day or two behind the US showings, eventually moving to the same day for the last season...I expect we will be a day or so behind the fat greedy 'mericans...scoffing the lions share of all that zombie goodness...damn them! :D

dracenstein
24-Aug-2010, 07:30 PM
I believe I was gloating when we had Dead Set airing over here...

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2010, 10:07 AM
I remember that BSG was never more than a day or two behind the US showings, eventually moving to the same day for the last season...I expect we will be a day or so behind the fat greedy 'mericans...scoffing the lions share of all that zombie goodness...damn them! :D

I believe I was gloating when we had Dead Set airing over here...

hehe, we occasionally get one-up on them...:p

Well if it's within two days (preferably one) then I'll catch it on FX for sure, and show my support officially ... then, naturally, I'll simply have to get the DVD/BR box set - hopefully there'll be quality extras too.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Aug-2010, 10:27 AM
This might have been posted I am not reading 401 posts, but Frank Darabont is on record saying the Blu-Ray/DVD release of the walking dead will have a B7W version like The Mist.

Seems Frank is on this B&W kick :D

Dr Tongue
26-Aug-2010, 12:34 AM

In the letter hacks section Kirkman has said that he doesn't like spin offs. He had considered it, but he felt that he would be "Milking it." saying that next up would be an Invincible Crossover. :lol:

I read that in a few issues, actually. And Kirkman has said that he wishes he could do 1000 issues. He claims he has the overall plot outlined for the next few hundred issues.

This might have been posted I am not reading 401 posts, but Frank Darabont is on record saying the Blu-Ray/DVD release of the walking dead will have a B7W version like The Mist.

Well, since the Comic is in black and white, I will be thrilled about that option. Stays more true to the comic.(I prefer B&W Zombie comics...

Fun Fact: Did you all know kirkman was going to name his series 'Night of the Living Dead'? He says in one of his hardcovers, and decided to change it to be taken' more seriously.(I'm so glad he did.) The first few panels were pretty blah as well.(Old 60's TV and a Zombie making noise outside of Rick's Door.)

I thought that was neat.

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2010, 07:03 AM

What's with the love in for this B+W thing?

I just don't understand that.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 12:07 PM

Buy The Mist special edition and watch the B&W version. It's a nice touch when the director wanted to use B&W from the start. You can see why...

paulannett
26-Aug-2010, 12:10 PM
Jizz. In. My. Pants.

As a fan of the comic book (the geekiest thing you'll ever hear me admit to), I am pretty fucking stoked over this. That trailer is awesome, though I had my reservations at first.

In the trailer, when Rick is on top of the tank, I was secretly hoping he'd let rip with that 50 cal!:evil:

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2010, 03:22 PM
Buy The Mist special edition and watch the B&W version. It's a nice touch when the director wanted to use B&W from the start. You can see why...

I've seen the B+W version of 'The Mist'. To me it was just 'The Mist' in B+W. It didn't add anything to the film I have to say. It just took the colour away.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 04:05 PM
I've seen the B+W version of 'The Mist'. To me it was just 'The Mist' in B+W. It didn't add anything to the film I have to say. It just took the colour away.

Different strokes, I spose. I thought it added a great deal to the experience.

Dr Tongue
26-Aug-2010, 06:54 PM

The comic is black and white...

darth los
26-Aug-2010, 07:19 PM

http://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg

Danny
26-Aug-2010, 07:24 PM

>black and white comic

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll369/NePaS101/facepalm.jpg

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2010, 09:29 PM

Mmmmmmmmm...so?

Filming 'The Walking Dead' in B+W would be a terrible idea. Absolutely terrible.

Even if it was only for the reason that it would utterly destroy the impact of Nicotero's brilliant work.

By the way, the comic is only in B+W, because the expence of issuing it in colour would be prohibitive.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 09:32 PM
Mmmmmmmmm...so?

Filming 'The Walking Dead' in B+W would be a terrible idea. Absolutely terrible.

Even if it was only for the reason that it would utterly destroy the impact of Nicotero's brilliant work.

I believe his point is that fans of the comic can watch the series in B&W on dvd. You asked why they would like it in B&W, and he answered that the comic was in fact in B&W.

And you're also correct. It would be a mistake to film the series in B&W. This is why they filmed it in color and add the B&W edit as a special feature. Just a little treat for the fans.

I'm not a huge fan of the comics, but if the B&W edit is anything like The Mist, I think it will help spread the creepy on extra thick.:)

Legion2213
26-Aug-2010, 09:34 PM
From the trailers we've seen, this looks like a big budget, movie quality production, I see no real reason for the B&W gimmick. I won't bother watching these in B&W when I pay out for the series on BD...sort of defeats the purpose for me.

But hey, if people gonna watch it in B&W, thats their business.:)

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 09:42 PM

I got a kick out of you calling B&W a gimmick like it's 3d or something...

It's a shame B&W is hated so much these days. It can really add to some films. Can you imagine Night in color? Well....FILMED in color? It wouldn't have the same impact, imo.

sandrock74
26-Aug-2010, 10:01 PM
By the way, the comic is only in B+W, because the expence of issuing it in colour would be prohibitive.

Untrue.

Kirkman himself stated in volume 1 of the trade that it was decided to do the comic in B&W to give it more of a "Night of the Living Dead" feel (which was going to be the original title for the series, until then-Image publisher Jim Valentino convinced Kirkman to use a new title).

I know from personal experience that color pages only adds pennies per page.

Nerd stuff over. Nothing to see here, move along. :rant:

Legion2213
26-Aug-2010, 10:31 PM

It's a shame B&W is hated so much these days. It can really add to some films. Can you imagine Night in color? Well....FILMED in color? It wouldn't have the same impact, imo.

There are some classic B&W movies, I have no problem with old movies being B&W because that was the medium of the time, but today, we have colour, so movies should be colour, I mean, even your mobile phone shoots colour movies. B&W is a gimmick in 2010 (IMO). :)

Edit: It's probably fairer to call it an "option" if the actual series was being shot/broadacast in B&W, that would be a gimmick.

darth los
26-Aug-2010, 11:06 PM

If night had been filmed in color in 1968 it would have never been released.

The extremely graphic nature of the film was tempered by the fact that you couldn't really see blood.

In color i might have even been shocking by today's standards and most definitely been NR, imo.

Danny
27-Aug-2010, 12:32 AM

No, that's entirely incorrect, Kirkman made the choice from an artistic standpoint, not a monetary one to attribute a classic horror feel to his work.

shootemindehead
27-Aug-2010, 02:26 AM
I believe his point is that fans of the comic can watch the series in B&W on dvd. You asked why they would like it in B&W, and he answered that the comic was in fact in B&W.

And you're also correct. It would be a mistake to film the series in B&W. This is why they filmed it in color and add the B&W edit as a special feature. Just a little treat for the fans.

I'm not a huge fan of the comics, but if the B&W edit is anything like The Mist, I think it will help spread the creepy on extra thick.:)

I understand that the offer to have the show in B+W is for fans to watch as a special feature, Bass. but, I just don't understand the love in for B+W. Don't get me wrong, I like B+W films, but it's in no way superior to well shot colour film imo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

No, that's entirely incorrect, Kirkman made the choice from an artistic standpoint, not a monetary one to attribute a classic horror feel to his work.

Most graphic novels are done with monochrome artwork, because of monetary considerations.

It silly to suggest otherwise.

Kirkman may say that he wanted to go with B+W all the time, because of a 'Night of the living Dead' feel. Ok, I can buy that. But, ignoring the financial factor is sticking one's head in the sand.

If 'The walking Dead' was produced in full colour, it would take longer to produce, need more people and cost more.

CooperWasRight
27-Aug-2010, 02:49 AM
I understand that the offer to have the show in B+W is for fans to watch as a special feature, Bass. but, I just don't understand the love in for B+W. Don't get me wrong, I like B+W films, but it's in no way superior to well shot colour film imo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Most graphic novels are done with monochrome artwork, because of monetary considerations.

It silly to suggest otherwise.

Kirkman may say that he wanted to go with B+W all the time, because of a 'Night of the living Dead' feel. Ok, I can buy that. But, ignoring the financial factor is sticking one's head in the sand.

If 'The walking Dead' was produced in full colour, it would take longer to produce, need more people and cost more.

TWD was not designed as a one shot or a typical graphic novel... In fact the collections are tpb's or collections not graphic novels... B&W is in fact was a stylized choice for the series.

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 11:59 AM

How is it sticking heads in the sand? Lets say I was looking at two cars. Car A is a nice looking car, but i'm not a fan of the color and it's a bit pricey. Car B is EXACTLY what I want and just so happens to be cheaper. The fact that the car is cheaper is just an added bonus. I still wanted Car B from the start...

soulsyfn
27-Aug-2010, 12:41 PM
Also, the comic and trades are printed on rather high quality stock... If all they were worried about was the price they would have gone with an old school newsprint stock that would have saved them a great deal.

The comic being in black and white had nothing to do with price, it was almost completely a style choice. And it works extremely well!

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 04:43 PM
I love the old man and all but from what I've seen this could become the new gold standard of zombiedom.

If that happens GAr only has himself to blame.

It's like Naismith inventing basketball, but who gives a shit right? :lol:

shootemindehead
27-Aug-2010, 05:13 PM
How is it sticking heads in the sand? Lets say I was looking at two cars. Car A is a nice looking car, but i'm not a fan of the color and it's a bit pricey. Car B is EXACTLY what I want and just so happens to be cheaper. The fact that the car is cheaper is just an added bonus. I still wanted Car B from the start...

Also, the comic and trades are printed on rather high quality stock... If all they were worried about was the price they would have gone with an old school newsprint stock that would have saved them a great deal.

The comic being in black and white had nothing to do with price, it was almost completely a style choice. And it works extremely well!

I've been around the block enough times to know that often when an "artist" says they did something for stylistic reasons, they really mean financial. Not saying the Kirkman is doing this here, but I remain naturally sceptical I spose. I've no reason to believe that he's being dishonest here, but I heard it used before. The simple fact remains that it costs more to produce colour artwork than it does to leave it in B+W. It's also more work for the artist doing the inital monochrome drawings as they have to produce the work with the fact in mind that a colouring artist will be involved at a later stage. Even if it's him/her and assuming it wasn't all done at once, which is rare.

Also, nobody prints on newsprint these days, except for newspapers.

I don't think I've seen a comic or a graphic novel on newsprint since 2000AD in the 80's.

Anyway...we're really getting off the subject now. :D

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 05:20 PM
Whenever someone says it's not about the money, it's about one thing:

THE MONEY.

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 06:15 PM
So are the comics still in B&W? Let's say they did go with B&W as a way to cut back on cost. At the beginning they didn't know if the series would be a hit or miss, so it would've been a smarter move. But now that the series is obviously a hit....is it still B&W? If they wanted color, they probably would have switched to color now that the sales are there....

shootemindehead
27-Aug-2010, 06:18 PM
Changing a winning formula mid stream is never a good idea.

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 06:25 PM
Changing a winning formula mid stream is never a good idea.

Comics, movie series, and even TV shows went from B&W to color all the time with no issue. Still do, I believe.

But now you're calling it a winning formula. Which one is it? You think it was money or artistic?!?:p:lol:

shootemindehead
28-Aug-2010, 07:04 PM
:moon:

clanglee
29-Aug-2010, 11:11 PM
This worries me a bit. . . .I just read this on IMDB.com
Trivia: In creating the look and feel of the show, Frank Darabont says he was inspired by the films of George Romero. But unlike Romero's living dead, the TV show's zombies will be able to run. http://www.imdb.com/features/fall_tv_preview/2010/shows/walkingdead I'm sure it's nothing. . and what we have heard about the zeds movements being based on NOTLD is closer to the truth. But still. . I hate reading that.

bassman
30-Aug-2010, 02:11 AM
Hinzman Hobble.

You're behind.

That is all.

clanglee
30-Aug-2010, 03:36 AM
Hinzman Hobble.

You're behind.

That is all.

I'm not behind. . . hopefully the article is. I knew that they are basing the movement on the Cemetary zombie. . .It's just that this article is kinda new, look at the link.

Danny
30-Aug-2010, 03:42 AM
This worries me a bit. . . .I just read this on IMDB.com http://www.imdb.com/features/fall_tv_preview/2010/shows/walkingdead I'm sure it's nothing. . and what we have heard about the zeds movements being based on NOTLD is closer to the truth. But still. . I hate reading that.

eh, to be honest i think the scandalized "RUNNING zombies!?!?!11?!!?oneone!!" thing is kinda run its course. They need to alter a few things as it switches medium and to be honest, its a running tv series about the kind of story we have spent decades going "dude, imagine if they made a show like this!" now they are i can't really be bothered to give two shits if they run or shamble. Either way its gonna air and im gonna watch it.

clanglee
30-Aug-2010, 03:57 AM
. Either way its gonna air and im gonna watch it.

http://toonlet.com/render/Aodan8/panelset/8159-Re__lmao_-sfull.png

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2010, 12:11 PM
So are the comics still in B&W? Let's say they did go with B&W as a way to cut back on cost.

Actually, if they are shooting on film and wanted to go B&W, I don't think it'd cut costs; I think it'd be more expensive. B&W stock is hardly in demand, so I think it's more costly to obtain/develop.

However, if they're shooting digitally, it's not like they can just take the footage without having to do any post to the way it looks. Even in B&W, they're still going to need someone to work on the black levels, contrast, etc - just as in color.

I'm dead tired [rimshot] and ranting because I don't want to go to work. :annoyed:

dracenstein
30-Aug-2010, 04:29 PM
How about going down the Sin City route, mostly black and white with colour inserts? Red blood, etc.

Tricky
30-Aug-2010, 08:26 PM
Alright guys, how many times have you watched the trailer so far? I make it 5 for me :lol: *geek*

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2010, 08:29 PM
Regarding that IMDb comment...

1) Someone's just talking bollocks.
2) Someone totally misinterpreted something they read (e.g. "Hinzman Hobble")

Besides, the people actually making the show have said nothing about "running" zombies, and how NOTLD is the template, and indeed the footage we've seen features not a single running zombie.

I'd trust the people actually making the show, and what we've seen with our own eyes, rather than some 'trivia' posted by quite possibly any old tosser on IMDb.

Tricky
30-Aug-2010, 08:44 PM
Actually if you check out the trailer at 3:32 there is most definitely a runner there, but its not the end of the world, it still looks awesome!

MoonSylver
30-Aug-2010, 10:23 PM
Actually if you check out the trailer at 3:32 there is most definitely a runner there, but its not the end of the world, it still looks awesome!

The little girl at 2:52? (Couldn't find one @ 3:32...). I'd call that a fast walk more than a run. Not to quibble or anything...:lol:

Tricky
30-Aug-2010, 10:42 PM
The little girl at 2:52? (Couldn't find one @ 3:32...). I'd call that a fast walk more than a run. Not to quibble or anything...:lol:

It's the one on the left as the crowd starts to chase, one of them is clearly breaking into a sprint,definitely at 3:31/3:32, but that could just be an over eager extra...

Legion2213
31-Aug-2010, 07:47 AM
I've never understood why recently created zacks can't function at fairly human speeds for a the first several days anyway. It seems logical to me. :)

shootemindehead
31-Aug-2010, 09:27 AM
Because they're supposed to be uncordinated dead flesh, "functioning less perfectly" than us, to paraphrase Dr Logan.

I hate runners. It's a stupid idea, but an excitable zombie that can up the ante every so often is ok.

darth los
31-Aug-2010, 02:12 PM
This worries me a bit. . . .I just read this on IMDB.com http://www.imdb.com/features/fall_tv_preview/2010/shows/walkingdead I'm sure it's nothing. . and what we have heard about the zeds movements being based on NOTLD is closer to the truth. But still. . I hate reading that.

Hinzman Hobble.

You're behind.

That is all.

I'm not behind. . . hopefully the article is. I knew that they are basing the movement on the Cemetary zombie. . .It's just that this article is kinda new, look at the link.

That's funny because from the trailer there appears to be nothing fishy.

When he's in the city they seem to be reacting like normal GAr zombies, although zombies more like the ones we saw in day than night or dawn.

kidgloves
31-Aug-2010, 07:36 PM
Alright guys, how many times have you watched the trailer so far? I make it 5 for me :lol: *geek*

Lost count. I really like what i see in the trailer. It just oozes quality.

In regards to the runners, there are definately some fast moving zombies in the trailer but it looks more like a frenzied pack attack which is alluded to earlier. The fast zombie thing which Snyder used was more a plot device than anything. That wont be needed here if the series remains faithful to the "comic" which i dont doubt it will.

Dr Tongue
01-Sep-2010, 01:37 AM
I've never understood why recently created zacks can't function at fairly human speeds for a the first several days anyway. It seems logical to me. :)

It's not about the Slow Vs Fast Zombies. It's about staying true to the source materiel. Walking Dead Zombies are slow as hell, and I would like to keep it that way. That has nothing to do with my like or dislike for running Zombies. I am a fan of the comic, and it seems that the IMDB message boards are full of "Who cares if they're fast" group.

And that logic fails as we are introduced to the zombies weeks, if not months after the Outbreak.

EDIT: I torrented the trailer in HD. It is lovely, and I have watched it too many times.

EDIT 2: I saw an interview about a 13 episode season 2 already confirmed. And they even talked about including Michonne early in the season.

Bad ass.

Skold
01-Sep-2010, 11:31 PM
AMC orders 13-episode second season, before the first season even airs: http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/01/the-walking-dead-gets-a-second-season-before-the-first-season/

bassman
01-Sep-2010, 11:54 PM
Just saw that "announcement" on TV. It's strange because they already announced the second season a few months back...

CooperWasRight
02-Sep-2010, 05:01 AM
Actually, if they are shooting on film and wanted to go B&W, I don't think it'd cut costs; I think it'd be more expensive. B&W stock is hardly in demand, so I think it's more costly to obtain/develop.

However, if they're shooting digitally, it's not like they can just take the footage without having to do any post to the way it looks. Even in B&W, they're still going to need someone to work on the black levels, contrast, etc - just as in color.

I'm dead tired [rimshot] and ranting because I don't want to go to work. :annoyed:

Color timing/correction for b/w is simple compared to color footage. With color you are not simply talking simple contrast and black levels. For the most part the process for b/w is set up a few rooms(what apple color refers to as dynamic custom presets) an apply,apply,apply with a little tweaking... You can pretty much convert a full film in a day or so... Color takes weeks.

b/w film stock be it 8mm-35 is cheaper then color. This is why many directors choose this medium for there first entry from Romero to Kevin Smith and Darrel Aronofsky to name a few.

The Walking Dead is being shot in color super16.

bassman
02-Sep-2010, 05:18 PM
I looked around, but didn't see anything about this. Nothing major really, just a little tidbit...

All around badass Thomas Jane (http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Thomas-Jane-Yearns-To-Be-One-of-the-Walking-Dead-101781763.html) has seen TWD, thinks its incredible, working out a future role with Darabont.

"That show is going to be a a big f----- hit," he told us at the HBO post-Emmy party. "I've seen it and is fan-f---- tactic."

Jane spent his Emmy night at dinner with "Walking Dead" director Frank Darabont, hatching out a plan to get on the show which begins airing on Oct. 31. If you haven't heard the "Walking Dead" hype, you soon will. The story of life after a zombie apocalypse is going to be a monster success.

"I'm going to come on and do a guest thing," he says. "Maybe play a bad guy."

Jane explains that he was originally supposed to star in the television series when it was destined to be on HBO. He ended up going with "Hung" and "The Walking Dead" went to AMC.

Jane says he'll insist on being human in the guest role, however. He'll slay the undead, but he won't play one.

"I'm not going to be a zombie," he says. "That's too much make up."

So who could he be? The Governor maybe? Although that would be more of a continuing role....

darth los
02-Sep-2010, 05:26 PM
I looked around, but didn't see anything about this. Nothing major really, just a little tidbit...

All around badass Thomas Jane (http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Thomas-Jane-Yearns-To-Be-One-of-the-Walking-Dead-101781763.html) has seen TWD, thinks its incredible, working out a future role with Darabont.

So who could he be? The Governor maybe? Although that would be more of a continuing role....

It seems to me that talent brought on the show along the lines of Thomas Jane can only be a plus. He's a star but not a mega star which is just right me thinks.

AcesandEights
02-Sep-2010, 05:33 PM
Sounds cool, as long as the star power demands don't get too bad/OTT.

ProfessorChaos
02-Sep-2010, 05:42 PM
how anyone could be anything other than bouncing-off-the-fucking-walls excited about this project is beyond me.

bassman
02-Sep-2010, 05:45 PM
how anyone could be anything other than bouncing-off-the-fucking-walls excited about this project is beyond me.

"But it's not Romero! They're moving too fast! Not enough zombies! Horses?!?":sneaky: :p

kidgloves
02-Sep-2010, 08:49 PM

I can only assume that not a lot of people here have read it and don't really quite understand what a superb piece of writing it is. Some of the stuff the characters go through and the choices they have to make as they deal with the apocalypse and their own reactions to it are very emotional.
Its an excellent piece of work and, lucky for us, Kirkman uses the zombie apocalypse as the stage for an excellent story.

Skold
02-Sep-2010, 11:23 PM
According to Darabont, the second-season order is just a rumor: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46369

shootemindehead
03-Sep-2010, 01:21 AM
"But it's not Romero! They're moving too fast! Not enough zombies! Horses?!?":sneaky: :p

HORSES????????

What the fuck???

Horses????

For fuck sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Thorn
20-Sep-2010, 07:16 PM
According to Darabont, the second-season order is just a rumor: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46369

While a bit of a let down, it makes sense I just wish the rumor wasn't out there to get me all excited. Hopefully it will come.

bassman
20-Sep-2010, 07:27 PM
At this point I would be willing to put money down that Darabont is just being modest. They know how this show is going to do during the Halloween season. It's a no brainer. There will be a second season.

Besides....why would he be talking to people about future roles when the first season is already in the can?

darth los
20-Sep-2010, 07:29 PM
Its an excellent piece of work and, lucky for us, Kirkman uses the zombie apocalypse as the stage for an excellent story.

Sounds like something GAr used to do.

kidgloves
20-Sep-2010, 09:35 PM
At this point I would be willing to put money down that Darabont is just being modest. They know how this show is going to do during the Halloween season. It's a no brainer. There will be a second season.

Besides....why would he be talking to people about future roles when the first season is already in the can?

They even ran a competition to win a role as a zombie extra in the 2nd series before it was pulled.
Guess lots of people are getting overexcited and jumping the gun.

bassman
20-Sep-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, let's think about it. You've got a highly, highly respected Director in Frank Darabont who is over seeing the series, you've got the producer of such classics as Terminator and Aliens, you've got an established fanbase in the comic series, and outside of the comic series you've also got the countless numbers of zombie fans out there riding high on the recent wave of zombie films. It's not like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, which are great shows, but they didn't have any sort of background like TWD does. Yet they're working off of several seasons at this point.

There's virtually no way this show would be dropped after this initial season. They know for a fact that a second is on the way, someone just jumped the gun and one of the higher-ups told them to chill out until it's official.

DubiousComforts
21-Sep-2010, 08:08 PM

Okay, I'll give you an example of 'how' based on what has been shown so far...

The 'bicycle lady' (or whatever it's called) is downright silly. They spent a great deal of time creating the illusion and for what? Only to give it away. Bad idea.

Now this might be cool if your idea of the living dead is beef jerky hanging off of bones, but I see a lot of people wishing for a return to what made the genre "great" in the first place so I'd reckon they should understand this much: the point of the genre has always been the dead are us, not a horde of stylized Bernie Wrightson corpses.

The series deserves every chance in the world simply because Frank Darabont is the director, and so every chance in the world is what I will give it. Just don't expect the mindless priase of sheeple if the end product plays to every bad cliche in the book.

BillyRay
21-Sep-2010, 08:24 PM
The fact that you used the word "Sheeple" makes me take you faaaaar less seriously, Dube...:moon:

DubiousComforts
21-Sep-2010, 09:03 PM
The fact that you used the word "Sheeple" makes me take you faaaaar less seriously, Dube...:moon:

Well, I was at work and was typing rather quickly so that 'da boss' wouldn't see what I was up to. :p

But what better way to describe it? You don't become all giddy in anticipation for a Romero film, so why act that way for this project? At this point, The Walking Dead simply has to be "epic" given the way some fans have built it up as a means to dethrone Romero as the reigning king of zombiedom, but at the end of the day, it's just a TV series based on a good comic series with a skilled director at the helm. I'd rather keep some perspective so that it will be enjoyable rather than a letdown.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series. There have been many attempts, and some close, over the years but none have matched the dread and mood of the original trilogy. Day was the last true zombie film, imo. And the best.

And anticipation isn't a bad thing. As long as you keep yourself in check, there is no reason NOT to get excited about something that clearly looks awesome.

clanglee
21-Sep-2010, 09:28 PM
Just don't expect the mindless priase of sheeple if the end product plays to every bad cliche in the book.

But isn't that what. . um. . . sheeple are supposed to do? Mindlessly praise? And don't they love cliche's? And isn't the term "sheeple" insanely cliched? ;)

jded
23-Sep-2010, 06:43 PM
Looks like it will be good. Sounds like it'll be good. Too bad I won't get to see it. I downgraded to your basic local antenna stations sometime ago. If anybody knows of a way to see the episodes over the web give me a holler. I discovered that comic way back when and bought the first few issues, what got me was the exceptional cover artwork. I'm going to have to re-visit them.

DubiousComforts
28-Sep-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series.
Perhaps you don't feel that way, but there are many others who, based on their comments, demonstrate a warped personal agenda against Romero due to his recent films. Viewing this new series as a means to unseat the reigning "king" of the genre can never be a good thing, particularly when the same people wishing to tear Romero down are the ones that put him there in the first place.

But isn't that what. . um. . . sheeple are supposed to do? Mindlessly praise? And don't they love cliche's?
Correct, so isn't that why nobody should expect that type of behavior here?

Amazing that everyone chose to ignore an example of how The Walking Dead is already following cliche just to fixate on "sheeple." :D

Tricky
28-Sep-2010, 05:46 PM
Looks like it will be good. Sounds like it'll be good. Too bad I won't get to see it. I downgraded to your basic local antenna stations sometime ago. If anybody knows of a way to see the episodes over the web give me a holler. I discovered that comic way back when and bought the first few issues, what got me was the exceptional cover artwork. I'm going to have to re-visit them.

I expect the DVD box set will follow shortly after the series finishes, they usually do these days! :)

darth los
28-Sep-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't think anyone expects it to "dethrone" Romero. Nobody wants to shame Romero or anything, we just want a great zombie film/series. There have been many attempts, and some close, over the years but none have matched the dread and mood of the original trilogy. Day was the last true zombie film, imo. And the best.

And anticipation isn't a bad thing. As long as you keep yourself in check, there is no reason NOT to get excited about something that clearly looks awesome.

Exactly. He's the father of the genre and no number of shitty films he releases is going to change that.

It's like winning championship rings in 1968, 1978 and 1985. Although you might not be able to perform at the level you once did no one can take that away from you.

But then you have the otheside of the argument where no matter how good a zombie film may be ar has the potential to be some won't give it it's due in order not to disrespect GAr.

Just because he didn't make it doesn't mean it's not great. Conversely, just because he makes it doesn't give it a free pass.

BillyRay
28-Sep-2010, 06:15 PM
Exactly. He's the father of the genre and no number of shitty films he releases is going to change that.

It's like winning championship rings in 1968, 1978 and 1985. Although you might not be able to perform at the level you once did no one can take that away from you.

Great analogy, Darth.

One change - He didn't just win the champioship ring in 1968 - He invented the @#$%-ing game...

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2010, 06:32 PM
I expect the DVD box set will follow shortly after the series finishes, they usually do these days! :)

And I do hope we'll get lots of juicy extra features too!

Speaking of all things TWD, I've just started reading Vol. 4 ... :)

Ghost Of War
29-Sep-2010, 06:00 AM

But then you have the otheside of the argument where no matter how good a zombie film may be ar has the potential to be some won't give it it's due in order not to disrespect GAr.

Just because he didn't make it doesn't mean it's not great. Conversely, just because he makes it doesn't give it a free pass.

George A. Romero - the Muhammed Ali of zombie films.

Neil
29-Sep-2010, 07:58 AM
And I do hope we'll get lots of juicy extra features too!

Speaking of all things TWD, I've just started reading Vol. 4 ... :)

You can imagine they'll have been filming lots of behind the scenes stuff especially for the DVD's?

EDukes
30-Sep-2010, 10:10 PM

If AMC doesn't offer it for a day or two after the episode airred, then you could always use other means. That's probably how I'll have to keep up with episodes until I can purchase the season on DVD.

kidgloves
09-Oct-2010, 06:00 PM
Loads of new pics here

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=23673

This ones particularly nasty

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/102_RT_PhotoSpread__Axe1.jpg

bassman
09-Oct-2010, 06:48 PM
Can't wait to see that scene in the rain. Just that small clip of it on the commercial looked awesome...

kidgloves
09-Oct-2010, 08:18 PM
Have you seen the press packs that have been sent out? I assume that's what Lee got from AMC. Lucky bastard.

No way am I waiting till the UK Nov 5th air date. I'll be watching the day after Halloween hopefully in HD on a 9ft screen. At this stage I think I can safely say I've become obsessed with the possibilities of this show.

Doc
09-Oct-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/102_TWD_20100626_SG-4080.jpg

Zombies climbing fences? Why not! :D

thxleo
10-Oct-2010, 02:53 AM
Have you seen the press packs that have been sent out? I assume that's what Lee got from AMC. Lucky bastard.

I was sent a press kit from AMC, yes. It is without a doubt the nicest, coolest press kit I've ever seen! It has a hard bound book with all of the cast/crew information, story/character information, etc... It also includes a dvd with the first two episodes and a cd with photos. There is a small pistol, numbered to 1000 with the show logo on it and a small version of Drew Struzan's poster art.
I believe there are photos of it on the internet. It's an amazing collectible!

bassman
10-Oct-2010, 02:55 AM
How much?:lol:

Legion2213
10-Oct-2010, 07:34 AM
Loads of new pics here

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=23673

This ones particularly nasty

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/102_RT_PhotoSpread__Axe1.jpg

The words "Fuck yes!" spring to mind. :cool:

ProfessorChaos
10-Oct-2010, 07:58 AM
I was sent a press kit from AMC, yes. It is without a doubt the nicest, coolest press kit I've ever seen! It has a hard bound book with all of the cast/crew information, story/character information, etc... It also includes a dvd with the first two episodes and a cd with photos. There is a small pistol, numbered to 1000 with the show logo on it and a small version of Drew Struzan's poster art.

lee, you wanna come chill at my place? i've got plenty of beer and snacks, hell i'll even go out and pick up some steaks to grill...all you need to do is bring one thing with you.;)

MinionZombie
10-Oct-2010, 09:29 AM
The words "Fuck yes!" spring to mind. :cool:

Damn right they do!

Neil
10-Oct-2010, 06:12 PM

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly hate you any more... :)

MoonSylver
10-Oct-2010, 06:53 PM
lee, you wanna come chill at my place? i've got plenty of beer and snacks, hell i'll even go out and pick up some steaks to grill...all you need to do is bring one thing with you.;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly hate you any more... :)

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-04-02/1238631657948.jpg