PDA

View Full Version : Captain America (film)

Danny
03-Jun-2010, 11:10 AM
Check this shit.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/capamcostumeart2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/capam4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/capam2.jpg

Looks a little too much like that punisher costume he had after steve rogers "died" to me but nice to see they are trying for the ultimates style and not the feathers costume from the civil war era cap form the 616 continuity.

Though i thought recent reports where that the whole flick was cap in WWII against hitler and the red skull so this modern avengers costume seems a little out of it.

bassman
03-Jun-2010, 11:47 AM
From what I've heard, the film will start during the war era and he'll have the classic "wings" outfit. Through the course of the film he changes it up to the design we see here. Much like Iron Man's three suits in the first film.

While not a huge fan of the character(or Marvel in general) the company has had some pretty good films. I'm still slightly weary of this flick. Chris Evans is a decent actor, but I just don't know if I can dissociate him with his past roles. IMO, they should have gone with an unknown. As Richard Donner said on the first Superman film, "It just won't work when you see Robert Redford flying around. That's just Robert Redford in a costume, not a man that can fly." And Joe Johnston's record isn't exactly flawless...

I'm probably more excited for this mala-fucka:

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/thor_concept_art_chris_hemsworth_01.jpg

(yes, it's a photoshop of the actor. This was done in the preproduction process, so they were seeing what he'd look like. Supposedly...)

Danny
03-Jun-2010, 12:15 PM
word brah' thors one of three marvel comics i still have on my pull list because, lets be honest, he fucking thor.

bassman
03-Jun-2010, 12:28 PM
Now just imagine those two standing together with Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel definitely has their work cut out for them in The Avengers. That's going to be really hard to pull off and make it work for a story rather than a gimmick...

LouCipherr
03-Jun-2010, 12:33 PM
(yes, it's a photoshop of the actor. This was done in the preproduction process, so they were seeing what he'd look like. Supposedly...)

For a minute there, I was about to ask "Is that Brad Pitt?!" :lol:

bassman
03-Jun-2010, 12:37 PM
:lol: He does kinda look like him.

His name is Chris Hemsworth. He played Kirk's father at the beginning of the last Star Trek movie.

AcesandEights
03-Jun-2010, 01:58 PM
Now just imagine those two standing together with Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel definitely has their work cut out for them in The Avengers. That's going to be really hard to pull off and make it work for a story rather than a gimmick...

Yup. I'm a big fan of a few different eras of the Avengers and I'm hopeful, excited, but also worried these guys will suffer a bit too much from bright-spandex/rubber-suit syndrome (BSRA).

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult enough with little departures from reality, but super heroes that are truly super in scope are difficult to pull off in a credible, yet fun fashion filmwise. This is kind of why I really respect what was done with Spiderman and Spiderman 2, they took a really out there character, with great name & visual recognition and brought him over almost seamlessly to the big screen.

Danny
03-Jun-2010, 02:02 PM
Yup. I'm a big fan of a few different eras of the Avengers and I'm hopeful, excited, but also worried these guys will suffer a bit too much from bright-spandex/rubber-suit syndrome (BSRA).

Shame thats what thor is looking like...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/thor-official-first-look-590x885.jpg

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult enough with little departures from reality, but super heroes that are truly super in scope are difficult to pull off in a credible, yet fun fashion filmwise. This is kind of why I really respect what was done with Spiderman and Spiderman 2, they took a really out there character, with great name & visual recognition and brought him over almost seamlessly to the big screen.

Thats what i loved about iron man. Rich playboy eccentric builds a suit of armour. Its currently unfeasible but its not so far out there as a man getting powers from a radioactive spiderbite. and downey jr. completely sold that to me.

AcesandEights
03-Jun-2010, 05:20 PM
Shame thats what thor is looking like...

Yup, that's what I've been thinking for a while now. Thor and Captain America have always been the two characters I was most worried about presentation-wise. With Cap it's even worse, because there's always the questions about which direction they will take his character and personality.

I'm sure it can't be any worse than...

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/st/1197header_banner6082551.jpg

Well...maybe:
http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Captian_America_Zipper_Costume-Hoodie.jpg

or...
http://www.asitecalledfred.com/comics101/images/2003/sep10/captvshow.jpg

ProfessorChaos
03-Jun-2010, 07:20 PM
damn, i'm sick to death of these movies. i hope this flops along with the next few comic movies (they've surely got to be running low on marketable characters) then maybe hollywood will move on to something else.

and that costume looks pretty ghey.

Trin
04-Jun-2010, 01:06 AM
So they're doing Avengers? I have my Avengers #1 in the basement, along with about 150 of the others here and there in the series. Maybe I'll take them out of the plastic bag and remind myself how long ago that was. :)

ProfessorChaos
04-Jun-2010, 02:33 AM
damn, trin...an avengers #1 is going for about $1,000 average on ebay right now. hang on to it till after the movie and you could probably sell it for twice that. you could be sitting on a gold mine, guy.

acealive1
04-Jun-2010, 03:49 AM
the original cap america movie was great but was about 8 years before it's time.

chris evans is a bad choice to play cap. WAY too short.

clanglee
04-Jun-2010, 06:02 AM
That new costume design. . .looks kind of like the Patriot from the Young Avengers' costume. Not much, but a bit around the straps and stuff.

http://www.writeups.org/img/fiche/3642.jpg

LouCipherr
04-Jun-2010, 12:15 PM
http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Captian_America_Zipper_Costume-Hoodie.jpg

Damn, is that Kevin Smith dressed as Capitan America?! :lol:

bassman
04-Jun-2010, 12:20 PM

Too short? His height is what you're worried about?:rockbrow:

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 06:39 PM
It's not much, but here (http://www.joblo.com/first-look-at-the-logos-for-thor-and-captain-america) are pictures of the logos for Thor and Cap America taken at a licensing expo in Vegas.

I'm kinda disappointed the Thor logo is so different. I was expecting something more along the lines of what's generally used in the comics.

clanglee
23-Jun-2010, 12:58 AM

I just have a problem with The Human Torch pulling double duty as Captain America. Just seems wrong somehow.

Danny
23-Jun-2010, 01:05 AM
I just have a problem with The Human Torch pulling double duty as Captain America. Just seems wrong somehow.

yeah but in this "main canon" that links cap thor iron man spiderman and the incredible hulk the current 2 ff movies dont count, the upcoming 'reeboot' does.

Interested to know what they think about the x men films tying in. because as shit as those flicks were patrick stewart as proffessor x, ian mckellin as magento and hugh jackman as wolverine were great, especially wolverine and proffessor x.

bassman
23-Jun-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't think too many people will remember the Fantastic 4 films, anyway. I can enjoy them as mindless fluff, but I wouldn't pin Evans down because of it. Those are wwatch it and forget type films.

Except for Alba, anyway. :elol:

acealive1
23-Jun-2010, 01:11 AM
Too short? His height is what you're worried about?:rockbrow:

ok.....so then have a black guy play him. see the obvious thing thats wrong? besides the fact this retard has played another superhero before

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

i just have a problem with the human torch pulling double duty as captain america. Just seems wrong somehow.

exactly!!

bassman
23-Jun-2010, 01:13 AM
damn brother....you're extremely critical these days. :p

Evans has had some shit roles, but he's also had some great ones. I think he'll pull off a nice transition.

acealive1
23-Jun-2010, 02:17 AM
damn brother....you're extremely critical these days. :p

evans has had some shit roles, but he's also had some great ones. I think he'll pull off a nice transition.

baahh!!!

clanglee
23-Jun-2010, 02:27 AM
I just hope he can pull off a more serious role. The Captain isn't blithe or silly. He is not a "charmer". All I've ever seen homeboy in. . .he always plays the snarky quipper. I could see him as the Flash better than Cap.

bassman
23-Jun-2010, 02:37 AM
See Sunshine for a great Evans dramatic role...

acealive1
23-Jun-2010, 10:03 AM

so dramatic he dies by being frozen to death

paulannett
23-Jun-2010, 11:50 AM

I agree, very good role for him. I thought he did well in The Losers too...

AcesandEights
23-Jun-2010, 02:12 PM
Evans has had some shit roles, but he's also had some great ones. I think he'll pull off a nice transition.

I think it's the best casting since John Malkovich as MODOK and Sarah Palin as She-hulk.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/61864/modokmask.jpg

No, seriously. I think he might do well.

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2010, 07:36 PM
As a follow up on this, I found an article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1310329/Captain-America-Motorbike-scenes-The-First-Avenger-film-shooting-London.html) that featured some distance shots of Cap's stunt double wearing a version of his costume that certainly seems to be of WWII design and is meant for distant shots (is that a rubber face mask to cover the lower part of the stuntman's face?).

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/08/article-0-0B18D2A6000005DC-766_634x396.jpg

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 07:44 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw these photos was how shitty those "evil" bikes look. They look like something out of GI Joe or Shumacher's Batman....

darth los
13-Sep-2010, 07:52 PM
Fuck that. I was hoping for rubber nipples. :shifty:

:cool:

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2010, 07:57 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw these photos was how shitty those "evil" bikes look. They look like something out of GI Joe or Shumacher's Batman....

Bass--Cobra was the very first thing that leapt into my mind when I saw those bad guys and their bikes!

I was hoping and still hope that this won't be a campy piece of crap, but I'm a little nervous right now! Someone come along and calm me down. Hellsing? Anybody?

acealive1
13-Sep-2010, 08:15 PM
everyone calm down, the first captain america movie started in the 40's too

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 08:18 PM
everyone calm down, the first captain america movie started in the 40's too

The first issue introducing the character started in the forties. It's part of the comic character's history.

It's not the time period that raises concern, but some of the designs.

clanglee
13-Sep-2010, 09:22 PM
Ick, every one of those shots caused me worry. Costume looks goofy as hell. . I hope to God that it was only for distance shots. . . .and is that the dude from Scrubs in the costume there?

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 09:31 PM
Ick, every one of those shots caused me worry. Costume looks goofy as hell. . I hope to God that it was only for distance shots. . . .and is that the dude from Scrubs in the costume there?

I agree...some of those shots do look rough. But one thing to consider is that while it may look like hell in these unofficial photos, it may look awesome on the big screen. I remember when shots leaked of the suit from Batman Begins, everyone was freaking out because it looked like rubber shit. Then when the film came around, it worked incredibly well. Hopefully something similar is going on here...

acealive1
14-Sep-2010, 10:33 PM
The first issue introducing the character started in the forties. It's part of the comic character's history.

It's not the time period that raises concern, but some of the designs.

i hate they changed why he became captain america tho. in the original movie he was a gimp and they basically made him a physical juggernaut

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 10:42 PM
Yup. The Super Soldier Serum. Another staple of the character. This new film is doing the same.

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 12:00 AM
serum? it was a radioactive machine he sat in front of in the film. damn these hollywood directors LOL

the term they used in the first film was "world class athlete" so he could be hurt but you'd have to empty a full clip into him

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 12:20 AM
Can't really comment on that first film, but this new one seems to be going by the origins in the books. He participates in the experimental serum testing and then becomes a super soldier. He can be harmed, but he's much stronger than any normal man. I think he also later used the radioactive machine you're referring to.

You seem to be a fan of that earlier film. I haven't seen it in years and I'm not even sure if I saw all of it, but I remember it being pure garbage. Batman and Robin levels of garbage.....

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 01:13 AM
actually the screenplay i read is no worse than the modern comic based films. it was just a victim of being too soon just like the first punisher movie. i'll admit it was campy as hell, but the first x men film was way worse.

clanglee
15-Sep-2010, 07:28 AM
i'll admit it was campy as hell, but the first x men film was way worse.

What?!??! The first Xmen movie rocked!!

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 11:50 AM
What?!??! The first Xmen movie rocked!!

I agree with Clang, here. Bryan Singer's first two Xmen movies were pretty damn awesome. Miles ahead of that Cap America from the late 80s/early 90's. And I'm not even an Xmen fan...

But DC is where it's at.:elol:

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 12:52 PM
you're not listening........the first one. early 90's....

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 12:57 PM
you're not listening........the first one. early 90's....

Uhhh...yeah. I think everyone knows the piece of shit film you're talking about. We're just saying that you're insane if you think it's better than the first Xmen flicks. :p

And just for reference....it's not "the first one". There have been several Cap Am movies. Including one in the forties.

darth los
15-Sep-2010, 03:21 PM
Yup. The Super Soldier Serum. Another staple of the character. This new film is doing the same.

Can't really comment on that first film, but this new one seems to be going by the origins in the books. He participates in the experimental serum testing and then becomes a super soldier. He can be harmed, but he's much stronger than any normal man. I think he also later used the radioactive machine you're referring to.

You seem to be a fan of that earlier film. I haven't seen it in years and I'm not even sure if I saw all of it, but I remember it being pure garbage. Batman and Robin levels of garbage.....

serum? it was a radioactive machine he sat in front of in the film. damn these hollywood directors LOL

the term they used in the first film was "world class athlete" so he could be hurt but you'd have to empty a full clip into him

The super soldier serum transformed Steve Roger's body so that it could operate at the peak of human ability, nothing more.

World class athlete? I'd like to see someone empty a clip into Ussain Bolt and let's see if he's still able to fight crime.

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 03:50 PM
The super soldier serum transformed Steve Roger's body so that it could operate at the peak of human ability, nothing more.

I'm no expert on the character, but according to wikipedia he also went through some form of radiation...

Disturbed by the rise of the Third Reich, Rogers attempts to enlist, only to be rejected due to his poor constitution. U.S. Army General Chester Phillips, looking for test subjects, offers Rogers the chance to serve his country by taking part in a top-secret defense project — Operation: Rebirth, which seeks to develop a means of creating physically superior soldiers. Rogers volunteers for the research and, after a rigorous selection process, is chosen as the first human test subject for the Super-Soldier serum developed by the scientist "Dr. Josef Reinstein,"[27][28] later retroactively changed to a code name for the scientist Abraham Erskine. The night Operation: Rebirth is implemented, Rogers receives injections and oral doses of the Super-Soldier Serum. He is then exposed to a controlled burst of "Vita-Rays" that activate and stabilize the chemicals in his system.

I don't remember the radiation part, really. All I remember is the serum...

BillyRay
15-Sep-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm no expert on the character, but according to wikipedia he also went through some form of radiation...

I don't remember the radiation part, really. All I remember is the serum...

Technically, it was "Vita-Rays", meant to activate the Super-Soldier serum.

That's why they were never able to duplicate the process. It was two parts, the secrets of both having died with the Mad Scientist who created them.

darth los
15-Sep-2010, 04:02 PM
I can buy the fact that the radiation was used to regulate the serum but i don't believe that the radiation itself was responsible for giving him any special abilities.

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 04:03 PM
Never duplicated? I thought Red Skull got a hold of the serum and used it?

Darth - yeah...the radiation definitely wasn't the cause of Cap Am. It was the serum.

But I'm sure Ace will argue that the 90's movie says differently. :p

BillyRay
15-Sep-2010, 04:06 PM
There've probably been many attempts (By the Good Guys AND the Bad Guys)to duplicate the formula in the 60 years since Cap's intro, but I'm pretty certain none of them have been nearly as successful.

It's like his shield; oft copied, never duplicated....

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 04:10 PM
It's like his shield; oft copied, never duplicated....

I hear that Stark's father creates the shield for this new movie series. Nice little addition. Of course, it's also on Stark's desk in the first IM film...

darth los
15-Sep-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Soldier Serum

The drug from which Captain America, Isaiah Bradley, Patriot, Protocide and Josiah X get their enhanced abilities. Developed by Dr. Abraham Erskine to enhance all the physical and mental abilities to the pinnacle of human ability.[1] In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, when scientists have planned to recreate the serum, they ended up creating the giants that are seen in the Omega Base.

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 07:03 PM
Never duplicated? I thought Red Skull got a hold of the serum and used it?

Darth - yeah...the radiation definitely wasn't the cause of Cap Am. It was the serum.

But I'm sure Ace will argue that the 90's movie says differently. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VndTqgZqEVk&feature=related

have you seen the movie?

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 08:22 PM
have you seen the movie?

Good god, man. Yes, i've seen the movie. That shit movie isn't the end of the line when it comes to Cap Am. There was a comic long before. I'm just saying that this new film is NOT a remake. You keep bringing it up as if this new film should follow the exact same formula(which would be suicide). There are over 60 years of the character to draw from...

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2010, 08:43 PM
It's pretty bad, the 90s version. Cap is running around with an overly huge, satellite dish shield and the Red Skull is eye-talian. Don't misunderstand me, I don't begrudge the "Little Axis Partner That Could (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_Italy#Fascism_.281922-1943.29)" , their right to their own super agents, but there's no need to go poaching from other Axis powers.

Gimme the real Red Skull any day, there's been some impostors, but none compare to the original...

http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/red-skull.jpg

MikePizzoff
16-Sep-2010, 12:09 AM
(is that a rubber face mask to cover the lower part of the stuntman's face?).
]

That's definitely a rubber face mask on the lower part. Maybe it was a huge stunt that required the dude to wear a full-face helmet, so they had to create a rubber face to cover up the fact.

darth los
16-Sep-2010, 02:07 AM
Good god, man. Yes, i've seen the movie. That shit movie isn't the end of the line when it comes to Cap Am. There was a comic long before. I'm just saying that this new film is NOT a remake. You keep bringing it up as if this new film should follow the exact same formula(which would be suicide). There are over 60 years of the character to draw from...

Tell me about it his WW2 exploits alone with the invaders are enough material for a couple of projects.

Sub mariner and the original human torch were bad ass as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invaders_(comics)

bassman
16-Sep-2010, 11:56 AM
Tell me about it his WW2 exploits alone with the invaders are enough material for a couple of projects.

From what I read, this first film will mostly take place during WW2. Toward the end he will be frozen and revived in the present day. Or perhaps they'll wait until The Avengers in 2012 to revive him. Either way, I think the movie will end with him being frozen/put to sleep. If they're only going to use the WW2 storylines in one film, they're wasting a lot of potential there. I guess they're just rushing him down the line for the Avengers film. Which I have a feeling will be a big fat failure. I hope not....but it just feels that way right now. Too many characters and too little time...

AcesandEights
16-Sep-2010, 02:03 PM
I guess they're just rushing him down the line for the Avengers film. Which I have a feeling will be a big fat failure. I hope not....but it just feels that way right now. Too many characters and too little time...

Full-on (in your face) traditional Comic book aesthetics and movie sensibilities are a hard thing to mesh properly and the Avengers are so spandex-clad, kitsch-themed etc. that doing them in anything close to their traditional selves will strain any imagineer's abilities to translate them onto the silver screen and do so in such a way that doesn't make a majority of people roll their eyes.

That said (in one huge sentence, no less), I hope they can pull it off. It's possible, I'm sure, but there are some weighty issues stacked against them.

In the mean time, I'm still a true believer.

Excelsior, bitches!

acealive1
17-Sep-2010, 10:41 PM
all i know is whenever a new version of an old movie comes out, all of a sudden the older versions come out / come back on dvd. i hope cap america does huge numbers.

acealive1
25-Sep-2010, 09:25 PM
new captain america photos

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/INFphoto_1439348.jpg

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/INFphoto_1439217.jpg

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/spl213579_001.jpg

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/spl212554_012.jpg

yes those are feet boots..... pussy

bassman
25-Sep-2010, 09:29 PM
yes those are feet boots..... pussy

Judging from how those feet boots look like the skin of the mutants in Beneath the PLanet of the Apes, and how his clothes are incredibly small.....I would take a guess that this scene takes place shortly after he receives the serum.

all i know is whenever a new version of an old movie comes out...

This isn't a new version of an older movie. This has nothing to do with the movie from the nineties. It's like Batman(89) and Batman Begins(05). Both involve the same character, but are totally different franchises/universes.

Although your point still stands that they'll most likely re-release the 90's film in an attempt to cash in on the release of this new one.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 04:08 PM
First official shot of Evans as Cap Am. Without the helmet.

http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/ewcaptainamerica.jpg

Looks fake somehow. Almost like it's CGI like the Green Lantern shot EW had a few months back...

Danny
28-Oct-2010, 04:45 PM
First official shot of Evans as Cap Am. Without the helmet.

http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/ewcaptainamerica.jpg

Looks fake somehow. Almost like it's CGI like the Green Lantern shot EW had a few months back...

really? think back mein commandant, think back...

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 04:47 PM
yeah, technology is such a deceptive little bitch at times. the advent of CGI and photoshop have both done harm to the entertainment industry. that looks plastic-y as fuck, almost like a wax figure.

oh, and by the way, i'm still over super-hero films. was mildly interested in the upcoming spidey-reboot (don't ask me why), till the announced they got emma stone to be in it. i can't stand that raspy-voice, fat-faced bitch.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 04:47 PM
Really think back about what? :rockbrow:

Danny
28-Oct-2010, 04:52 PM
Really think back about what? :rockbrow:

the sparkly, glowing carapace onesee? This seems pretty normal to me, a little lighting retouch maybe.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm not saying it's total CG like Lantern's, but something about this just seems funky. We'll get a better look with the HQ image between now and tomorrow.

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 04:58 PM
Looks good to me, but as you guys mentioned it's a bit over polished by after effects.

bassman
29-Oct-2010, 12:11 PM
It looks like the film will definitely cover several eras of the costume/shield.

http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/captainamericaewscans2.jpg

http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/captainamericaewscans3.jpg

http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/captainamericaewscans5.jpg

I really like the war era costume. Not as....um..."costum-y"? It seems more like something a real soldier would wear.

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 01:24 PM
-J3HfllvXWE

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2011, 05:18 PM
-J3HfllvXWE

I know sod all about Captain America, but I'll definitely watch this flick.

The CGI'd weakling version of Chris Evans is freaky, mind. :eek:

Thor, on the other hand, I'm just not fussed about ... and ugh - more 3D. :rolleyes:

Danny
24-Mar-2011, 05:35 PM
Looks pretty decent, moreso than i expected. plus im a sucker for some scifi alternate history ww2 stuff like cap or hellboy or resistance so im excited.

Moreso since there is shit all mention of 'also in 33333333dddddddddd' as of yet.

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2011, 06:43 PM
Looks pretty decent, moreso than i expected. plus im a sucker for some scifi alternate history ww2 stuff like cap or hellboy or resistance so im excited.

Moreso since there is shit all mention of 'also in 33333333dddddddddd' as of yet.

Erm, at the end of the trailer there are "RealD" logos ... unless I've suddenly gotten confused with some other trailer I watched today, but I'm 99.9% sure there were 3D-related company logos on the credits at the end of the trailer.

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 06:56 PM
though i've been pretty burnt out on super-hero movies (think the last one i saw in theaters was TDK, and i watched the incredible hulk on cable, but that's it over the last few years), i'm quite impressed by this trailer.

like MZ said, the way they've made evans look like a weakling is astonishing. i may actually watch this. maybe not in theaters (at least not), but it has caught my interest.

Danny
24-Mar-2011, 07:06 PM
Erm, at the end of the trailer there are "RealD" logos ... unless I've suddenly gotten confused with some other trailer I watched today, but I'm 99.9% sure there were 3D-related company logos on the credits at the end of the trailer.

oh.

Well fuck em, im seeing it in normal mode anyway :lol:

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2011, 07:41 PM
oh.

Well fuck em, im seeing it in normal mode anyway :lol:

Tee-hee.

Yeah, I'm not keen on paying an extra £2 or whatever-the-fuck-it-is to see some 3D ... with each experience, of which there has now been four, I'm less and less fussed (considerably so) by 3D.

I'd much rather watch this with the colours and contrast intact in 2D, thank you very much - 3D can't tell a story, yo. :cool:

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2011, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, you guys are right, this does look better than I'd hoped. Maybe they might pull it off...???

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2011, 05:25 PM
S3TKCeGc2Ao

;)

ProfessorChaos
25-Mar-2011, 05:44 PM
i just knew that would be out there sooner or later....good stuff.

yeah, think i'm gonna break the "professor chaos super-hero film boycott" for this one.

ww2, the costumes, set design, and vibe of this film have me slightly eager to see it...probably not in theaters though...

rongravy
25-Mar-2011, 07:24 PM
S3TKCeGc2Ao

;)
That would be cool if they could team up somewhere down the road. Maybe Cap gets sucked into an alternate universe where he becomes a marionette version of himself...
It could happen.

Can't wait until this comes out to tide me over in the meantime. I want to see this in 3D just for the red and blue, but I will either have to see it earlier that day than everyone else and their grandma, or see it a few days late. Which I hate...
But not at as much as being squashed in near the front of the room where 3D doesn't work.
Maybe I can see it cheap, and alone, in a theater here earlier in the day. And if It's totally tits, then I will take the kids to see it in 3D in the day on the weekend.

bassman
24-Jun-2011, 12:51 PM
Final trailer with more story details.

QBCozy67VIQ

I gotta say....this looks like its shaping up well. Might have to check it out in theaters.

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2011, 01:46 PM
As said before, what a hard character to transfer to screen but this just may be okay.

Crossing fingers.

clanglee
22-Jul-2011, 12:22 AM
Looks like the guy from Ain't it Cool LOVES it. . .like can't stop raving about it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50469

Danny
22-Jul-2011, 12:26 AM
i have seen nothing but a fucking landslide of stellar reviews for this, its not being reviewed even as a "comic movie" but a ww2 fantasy and its great if this unanimous opinion is to be believed.

bassman
22-Jul-2011, 01:47 AM
From what I've seen, its on par with Thor. Which is to say it's not GREAT, but enjoyable.

I'm actually watching the early 90's version of Captain America on syfy right now....

WOW. What a chunk of sh*t. Red Skull's make up looks good but other than that? Just....wow...

clanglee
22-Jul-2011, 02:41 AM
I've seen mixed reviews. . . .good, wonderful, and mediocre. So it's definitely leaning towards good. I'll check it out this weekend.

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm actually watching the early 90's version of Captain America on syfy right now....

WOW. What a chunk of sh*t. Red Skull's make up looks good but other than that? Just....wow...

Yeah, I recall they made the Red Skull eye-talian in that film. Oh, the indignity of it all. :p

Neil
22-Jul-2011, 07:03 PM
This review is very +ve

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50504

Eyebiter
24-Jul-2011, 01:12 AM
Captain America was a decent comic book movie. One of the better Marvel films.

rongravy
24-Jul-2011, 01:42 AM
I saw Horrible Bosses on Thursday and, even though I wanted to see Cap, I saw Bridesmaids yesterday. I have a feeling I'm gonna jizz all over this. Green Lantern was like a false start for me. Cap will make it all better, I just know it.

clanglee
24-Jul-2011, 05:20 AM
So I really liked it. A very entertaining film. Maybe they tried to squeeze too much in. . but altogether a great time.

Neil
25-Jul-2011, 11:18 AM
Right! Gonna see this next week!

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2011, 12:01 PM
Right! Gonna see this next week!

Me too! Well, at the end of this week technically, but yeah.

I'm off to watch the Captain Team America spoof trailer again! :D

AcesandEights
25-Jul-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm also going to try and see it next weekend. Saw the new Harry Potter last night with a bunch of friends. Meh.

bassman
25-Jul-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm also going to try and see it next weekend. Saw the new Harry Potter last night with a bunch of friends. Meh.

"Meh" sums up the entire Potter series for me. I've never understood the fascination. Of all the movies i've seen in the series....thay all tried very hard put me to sleep.

I'm hoping to check out Captain America in theaters, but I believe it may have to wait for dvd. A few friends saw it and said they loved it...

rongravy
26-Jul-2011, 04:22 AM
Saw it tonight and loved it. Everything was what I wished Green Lantern should've been.
I wanted more.
Skinny Steve was kind of creepy at times. I was still pretty baked at the beginning, so he was freaking me out.
Now I'm ready for more present day adventures. Not just The Avengers, which the trailer for was awesome at the end of the movie, but more of his own thangie.
I definitely thought they did him... justice?
Didn't see it in 3D, so I can't confirm if it makes it better, but I doubt it. Looked good enough without it.

AcesandEights
31-Jul-2011, 10:19 PM
Saw it last night and was very pleased. Who would have thought they'd make a fun Captain America movie and so deftly handle the possible pitfalls of overt cheesiness.

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2011, 09:57 AM
Saw it yesterday at the cinema.

Despite the rather ill-behaved kid (who must have been four years old) who wouldn't shut-the-fuck-up (at one point he was growling "HULK SMASH!" :rolleyes:), I really enjoyed the movie.

It's a notch below Iron Man for me, with these Marvel movies, but I definitely dug it more than Thor. I was also impressed with how they really invested time and effort in establishing Steve Rogers as a proper character. He really was "just a kid from Brooklyn" - a guy who you could really root for and support. I was also impressed with (not to spoil anything) the scene towards the end (you should know the one I mean if you've seen it).

What did folks think of the footage at the end of the movie? Not quite as good as Thor's post-credits sequence, but miles better than the low watermark that was Iron Man 2's piss-taking 'I'm in the desert, oh look, a massive hammer' ... and it was cool to get a taste for The Avengers, which I'm most definitely looking forward to for next year. :)

Neil
01-Aug-2011, 11:21 AM
^^ Going to see it a week tomorrow...

Did you see it in 2D?

MinionZombie
01-Aug-2011, 06:29 PM

Did you see it in 2D?

Yes - 2D.

I think Captain America was a converted 3D film too - so I wouldn't bother whatsoever seeing it in 3D. In fact, watching it, there was nothing bar one shot of the shield flinging towards screen, and the end credits imagery, that looked intended for 3D. Everything else wouldn't have benefitted from 3D ... so I'm very glad we didn't see it in 3D as it would have been a waste of money, just like it was when I saw Thor in 3D (my worst 3D experience, hands down).

The film itself was really good fun though. :)

blind2d
01-Aug-2011, 08:44 PM
2D? They made an animated one too? Didn't know that...

Danny
01-Aug-2011, 09:19 PM

Did you see it in 2D?

if its 2001 and you still pay ful whack for 3D versions, especially the ones digitally altered to be 3D you can change your name by deedpoll to "TooL .B Agg"

Mitchified
03-Aug-2011, 12:31 PM
My only complaint about the movie was that I wanted to see more physics-be-damned shield action. I don't care if it's unrealistic, I grew up with a Captain America whose shield could take out eighteen Hydra agents, bounce straight up off the last one to knock a helicopter out of the air, deflect off the helicopter to strike the Hubble telescope out of orbit, and return to Earth just in time to slam into M.O.D.O.K. before he could escape. Screw the Super Soldier serum, Cap's real superpower was the ability to bypass nature laws with his shield.