PDA

View Full Version : John Carpenter's new vampire flick...

Neil
07-Jun-2010, 12:49 PM
...he hasn't made a film for a long time, and hasn't made a good film (IMHO) for a VERY long time... So I don't have high hopes...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/John-Carpenter-To-Direct-Hilary-Swank-In-Fangland-18891.html

Purge
07-Jun-2010, 01:12 PM
I have my doubts, too. :(

bassman
07-Jun-2010, 01:41 PM
Another Carpenter Vampire flick? All i've got to say is that it better have James Woods in sunglasses and leather.:p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KPl3J07f-o0/SuxfBHGVQ-I/AAAAAAAAAHw/bIYh2jUASuo/s400/Vampirestill.jpg

AcesandEights
07-Jun-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh, Jesus, Hillary Swank...

Trin
07-Jun-2010, 02:27 PM
I like Carpenter's first vampire flick. Nothing earth shattering, but a good watch. I have hopes as high as what I'd have for a new GAR zombie flick. :p

LouCipherr
07-Jun-2010, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm, well, I'm a huge Carpenter fan, but I'll be the first to admit the guy runs hot and cold. There is no inbetween.

Hopefully he does well on this, but I have to admit I have my doubts. I guess we'll see.

bassman
07-Jun-2010, 03:34 PM
If I remember correctly, his last flick was Ghosts of Mars. I wasn't a big fan of that one, but did anybody see his episode of Masters of Horror? Any good?

AcesandEights
07-Jun-2010, 03:42 PM
If I remember correctly, his last flick was Ghosts of Mars.

I forgot he did Ghosts of Mars. A fun enough movie to watch while doing something else at 2am in the morning, but the sort of film that would probably make the average theater-goer want to punch someone in the face, had they paid to see it.

darth los
07-Jun-2010, 04:29 PM
Another Carpenter Vampire flick? All i've got to say is that it better have James Woods in sunglasses and leather.:p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KPl3J07f-o0/SuxfBHGVQ-I/AAAAAAAAAHw/bIYh2jUASuo/s400/Vampirestill.jpg

Yeah, but they can lose the baldwins tho. :dead:

:cool:

EvilNed
07-Jun-2010, 04:39 PM
I forgot he did Ghosts of Mars. A fun enough movie to watch while doing something else at 2am in the morning, but the sort of film that would probably make the average theater-goer want to punch someone in the face, had they paid to see it.

What the hell "else" would one be doing in 2 AM in the morning? Screwing?

darth los
07-Jun-2010, 04:46 PM

Not if your married, unfortunately. :(

AcesandEights
07-Jun-2010, 04:53 PM

Depends what stage of life you're in and your general lifestyle I suppose.

Purge
07-Jun-2010, 05:57 PM
If I remember correctly, his last flick was Ghosts of Mars. I wasn't a big fan of that one, but did anybody see his episode of Masters of Horror? Any good?

I only remember it not being anything special, but then that pretty much summed up most of the series.

darth los
07-Jun-2010, 05:59 PM
I only remember it not being anything special, but then that pretty much summed up most of the series.

Agreed. That series was far from "masterful". :dead:

Neil
07-Jun-2010, 06:12 PM
not if your married, unfortunately. :(

lol!!

LouCipherr
07-Jun-2010, 07:00 PM

Bassman - yes, I saw both of them. One was called "Cigarette Burns" which was an EXCELLENT return to form for Carpenter, but then he did another right afterwards called "Pro-Life" which was so terrible I feel like it was an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Like I said, he runs hot or cold, there is no inbetween.

Cigarette Burns was well worth the watch though. ;)

Not if your married, unfortunately.

Hey, hey, speak for yourself. :p :D

darth los
07-Jun-2010, 07:13 PM
Hey, hey, speak for yourself. :p :D

Give it time my brotha. :p

Seriously though, your blessed.

bassman
07-Jun-2010, 07:16 PM
It's gotta be better than another Elvis flick at least.

I think I would be more interested in how Elvis could make a comeback. Nothing against Carpenter, but new Elvis would be interesting to say the least.:lol:

LouCipherr
08-Jun-2010, 12:14 PM
Give it time my brotha. :p

Seriously though, your blessed.

Time? How's married 15 years, together for 19? I'm not blessed, that's called pure luck. :lol:

bassman - didn't elvis make a comeback in Bubba Ho Tep? :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jun-2010, 12:23 PM
Time? How's married 15 years, together for 19? I'm not blessed, that's called pure luck. :lol:

bassman - didn't elvis make a comeback in Bubba Ho Tep? :lol:

Luck as in she hasn't strangled him yet. :lol:

LouCipherr
08-Jun-2010, 02:15 PM
Luck as in she hasn't strangled him yet. :lol:

This. :D

Kaos
08-Jun-2010, 11:20 PM
I'll give it a chance. Wait a minute... I am receiving a tachyon transmission from the future... nevermind.