PDA

View Full Version : Top 11 Zombie Movies

ZomBub
08-Jun-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm curious to see just how far from the norm I am. I could have stuck with top 5, but figured that there would be little other than Romero. Note that some of these titles I rank very close to one another, and thus this list is not necessarily indicative of a strict order:

1. Night of the Living Dead (1990)

2. Day of the Dead (1985)

3. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

4. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

5. Quarantine

6. Land of the Dead

7. Planet Terror

8. Zombieland

9. Shaun of the Dead

10. Dead Alive

11. Resident Evil

So what're your top 11 zombie movies?

EvilNed
08-Jun-2010, 07:09 PM
You've got a lot of new films up there. Nothing wrong with that, but I was always a bigger fan of the oldies.

major jay
08-Jun-2010, 09:13 PM
OK I'll bite.
Some of these, I guess, would be considered pseudozombie flicks.

1. Night of the Living Dead (68)

2. Dawn of the Dead (78)

3. The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

4. Nightmare City

5. Invisible Invaders

6. Zombi

7. Zombie 3

8. Day of the Dead

9. The Beyond

10. Messiah of Evil

11. Burial Ground

ZomBub
08-Jun-2010, 10:16 PM
You've got a lot of new films up there. Nothing wrong with that, but I was always a bigger fan of the oldies.

I hadn't noticed that; seven out of eleven are newer. On the other hand, older titles dominate the top three spots on my list.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

OK I'll bite.
Some of these, I guess, would be considered pseudozombie flicks.

I would count Nightmare City as a pseudo-zombie film, ja.

No surprises with Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead; I suspect that just about all of us will have them somewhere in our top eleven. And Shaun of the Dead is loved by almost all.

I don't believe that I've seen The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, or Invisible Invaders, or Messiah of Evil, though. I'll have to see if I can't get my hands on those through the mail.

Fulci fan, much?

krakenslayer
08-Jun-2010, 10:32 PM
1. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
2. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
3. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
4. Day of the Dead (1985)
5. Shaun of the Dead
6. Re-Animator
7. Zombie Flesh Eaters
8. Braindead
9. Survival of the Dead
10. Tombs of the Blind Dead
11. Return of the Evil Dead (sequel to the above)

Of course, this list is subject to change on a near daily basis. :p

JDFP
08-Jun-2010, 11:04 PM
1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. Shaun of the Dead
5. Pulse (American Version) (I guess you could technically call them zombies, they are dead people that have come back after all to consume the souls of the living instead of their flesh).
6. Night of the Living Dead ('90)
7. Dawn of the Dead ('04).
8. Return of the Living Dead 2
9. Diary of the Dead
10. Dance of the Dead
11. Return of the Living Dead

Yeah, that's all I've got, I'd include "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later" but they aren't zombie movies (Oh c'mon! No one is going to start that ages old argument?). I'd add Tom Shankland's "The Children" to that same list of films I love that aren't technically zombie films.

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
08-Jun-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm curious to see just how far from the norm I am. I could have stuck with top 5, but figured that there would be little other than Romero. Note that some of these titles I rank very close to one another, and thus this list is not necessarily indicative of a strict order:

5. Quarantine

6. Land of the Dead

7. Planet Terror

8. Zombieland

9. Shaun of the Dead

10. Dead Alive

11. Resident Evil

WUT! Day b4 Dawn? blasphemy! :eek::moon::annoyed:

JDFP
09-Jun-2010, 12:10 AM
WUT! Day b4 Dawn? blasphemy! :eek::moon::annoyed:

A bit like how your .TXT typing is a blasphemy of the English language? :D

And just so it doesn't come across the wrong way, I AM just messing with you, dude.

But, I would have to agree with said poster on "Day" being better than "Dawn" in my book, not only as the best of the trilogy but probably the best damn zombie flick ever made.

j.p.

fulci fan
09-Jun-2010, 12:44 AM
Fulci fan, much?

You rang? :lol:

1. Zombi 2
2. The Beyond
3. City of the Living Dead
4. Zombie 4: After Death
5. Burial Ground
6. Nightmare City
7. Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
8. Zombi 3
9. Hell of the Living Dead
10. Dawn of the Dead
11. Day of the Dead

I would also put Night '68/'90 and Tombs of the Blind Dead series up there as well.

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 01:20 AM
Taken from this thread (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=8320&highlight=favorite+zombie+films).

1. Day
2. Dawn
3. Shaun
4. Night
5. Planet Terror ( "Grindhouse" )
6. Night(90)
7. Land
8. Creepshow
9. An American Werewolf in London(Jack was kind of a zombie....right?)
10. Dead Alive ( "Brain Dead" )

It's always changing, so I guess now Zombieland would take the number nine slot. And now that I think about it, I would probably replace ten with Night of the Creeps, as well. A lot of comedies in there, but i'm not a big zombie fan like some of yous guys.

Cartma7546
09-Jun-2010, 05:28 AM

5. Quarantine

6. Land of the Dead

7. Planet Terror

8. Zombieland

9. Shaun of the Dead

10. Dead Alive

11. Resident Evil

I respect everyone's opinion but come on man! Resident evil? Quarantine!?
oh boy...

1-Dawn of the dead (78)-no brainer there
2-Day of the dead (do i need to put which one?)
3-Night (90) -while i respect the classic for what it is, i still prefer this one
4-Night (B&W)
5-Shaun of the dead
6-Land of the dead
7-28 days later -infected or whatever...still zombie-ish
8.evil dead 2
9.Dawn 04
10.Zombieland
11. Dead and Breakfast

If only there was a space for zombies of mass destruction:dead:

major jay
09-Jun-2010, 09:23 AM
2. The Beyond

Damn, I forgot about this one.
Even though it has plenty of zombies, I just don't think of it as being a zombie flick.

ZomBub
09-Jun-2010, 10:08 AM
2. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
3. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
4. Day of the Dead (1985)
5. Shaun of the Dead
6. Re-Animator
7. Zombie Flesh Eaters
8. Braindead
9. Survival of the Dead
10. Tombs of the Blind Dead
11. Return of the Evil Dead (sequel to the above)

Of course, this list is subject to change on a near daily basis. :p

A second list with The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue at the number 3 spot? Why haven't I seen this movie?

Night, Dawn, Day, and Shaun are still in the lead.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. Shaun of the Dead
5. Pulse (American Version) (I guess you could technically call them zombies, they are dead people that have come back after all to consume the souls of the living instead of their flesh).
6. Night of the Living Dead ('90)
7. Dawn of the Dead ('04).
8. Return of the Living Dead 2
9. Diary of the Dead
10. Dance of the Dead
11. Return of the Living Dead

Yeah, that's all I've got, I'd include "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later" but they aren't zombie movies (Oh c'mon! No one is going to start that ages old argument?). I'd add Tom Shankland's "The Children" to that same list of films I love that aren't technically zombie films.

j.p.

No surprise on the top 4. Nice to see that someone else likes Diary, though it didn't make my list. Liked RotLD 2 better than the original, eh?

And yes, I haven't thrown in my two cents on the "ages old argument" over the 28 series, but that's for a different thread...

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

You rang? :lol:

1. Zombi 2
2. The Beyond
3. City of the Living Dead
4. Zombie 4: After Death
5. Burial Ground
6. Nightmare City
7. Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
8. Zombi 3
9. Hell of the Living Dead
10. Dawn of the Dead
11. Day of the Dead

I would also put Night '68/'90 and Tombs of the Blind Dead series up there as well.

I can understand Zombie, The Beyond, and maybe even Zombi 3, but I've got to draw the line at Zombie 4: After Death.

And this is the third list that has The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue. That's it; this one's going to the top of my queue!

krakenslayer
09-Jun-2010, 10:32 AM
A second list with The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue at the nu

It's a really good, creepy movie. It's not really in the same style as Dawn and Day - it's atmospherically sort of along the same lines as Night with a bit of a mid-era Hammer Horror vibe thrown in.

I like it partly because it's pretty much what I imagined all zombie movies would be like when I was too young to watch them.

major jay
09-Jun-2010, 10:38 AM
A second list with The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue at the number 3 spot? Why haven't I seen this movie?

I agree with Krakenslayer, you should definitely check this one out.

shootemindehead
09-Jun-2010, 12:19 PM
1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead (90)
4. Night of the Living Dead (68)
5. Zombie Flesh Eaters
6. Land of the Dead
7. The Beyond
8. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
9. Return of the Living Dead
10. Shaun of the Dead

Don't have 11 :D

Darksider18
09-Jun-2010, 01:36 PM
Thats A Pretty Acceptable List Capn! Especially With The Second And First One! ;). But If Anything Id Have To Go With These. :P.

1. Night Of The Living Dead.

2. Evil Dead 3

3. Evil Dead 2

4. Land Of The Dead

5. Shaun Of The Dead

6. Braindead

7. Dawn Of The Dead (1978)

8. Survival Of The Dead

9. Dawn Of The Dead (2004)

10. Resident Evil 2

11. Resident Evil 3

DEAD BEAT
09-Jun-2010, 03:30 PM
A bit like how your .TXT typing is a blasphemy of the English language? :D

And just so it doesn't come across the wrong way, I AM just messing with you, dude.

But, I would have to agree with said poster on "Day" being better than "Dawn" in my book, not only as the best of the trilogy but probably the best damn zombie flick ever made.

j.p.

ha no worries dude got so use to texting these days! lol you know what really bugs me about day? ive read GAR'S original script and knowing what it could have been really takes the gem out of my doughnut! :annoyed::eek:

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead (90)
4. Night of the Living Dead (68)
5. Zombie Flesh Eaters
6. Land of the Dead
7. The Beyond
8. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
9. Return of the Living Dead
10. Shaun of the Dead

Don't have 11 :D

OMG! you too! Day b4 Dawn! I think GAR should redo Day the way it was meant to be now that he has bigger bugets and studios wanting to let him have his creative freedom!:(:skull::dead:

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 03:59 PM
^^^^

Nostalgically speaking dawn is tops. But technically speaking day is the best I've seen.

:cool:

DEAD BEAT
09-Jun-2010, 04:32 PM
^^^^

Nostalgically speaking dawn is tops. But technically speaking day is the best I've seen.

U 2 DARTH! LOL IM GONNA HANG MYSELF BY MY SACK!:eek::dead::stunned:

OK I WILL ADMIT DAY HAD 1 OF THE MOST KILLER OPENINGS OF ALL THE MOVIES...BUT ITS LIKE A GUY WHO'S A 1 PUMP CHUMP SAYS HE'S JOHN HOLMES.....IT STARTS WITH A BANG BUT BLOWS HIS WAD WAY TO SOON!:stunned::(

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 04:41 PM
OMG! you too! Day b4 Dawn! I think GAR should redo Day the way it was meant to be now that he has bigger bugets and studios wanting to let him have his creative freedom!:(:skull::dead:

From my experiences around here, Day is regarded as the best by many members. I don't think Romero would ever want to redo it, either. As he says on the Documentary, it's his favorite of the films.

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 05:22 PM
U 2 DARTH! LOL IM GONNA HANG MYSELF BY MY SACK!:eek::dead::stunned:

OK I WILL ADMIT DAY HAD 1 OF THE MOST KILLER OPENINGS OF ALL THE MOVIES...BUT ITS LIKE A GUY WHO'S A 1 PUMP CHUMP SAYS HE'S JOHN HOLMES.....IT STARTS WITH A BANG BUT BLOWS HIS WAD WAY TO SOON!:stunned::(

interesting.

Imo, i thought the beginning of the film, if continued, would have truly been the epic we all dream of. It showed the outside world completely decimated by the plaugue. We have yet to really see anyone explore that avenue.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen from him before.

The film was great. It's just sad when potential is not reached. :(

krakenslayer
09-Jun-2010, 05:34 PM
interesting.

Imo, i thought the beginning of the film, if continued, would have truly been the epic we all dream of. It showed the outside world completely decimated by the plaugue. We have yet to really see anyone explore that avenue.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen fro him before.

That's one thing I really liked about the original Day script: the opening scene in the deserted city is much longer and featurea a three way battle involving scavengers in a fishing boat, a gang of raiders and a horde of zombies.

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 05:55 PM
That's one thing I really liked about the original Day script: the opening scene in the deserted city is much longer and featurea a three way battle involving scavengers in a fishing boat, a gang of raiders and a horde of zombies.

And that was awesome.

The stuff about controlling the zombies in the manner that they did was a bit out there for me but it just would have been nice to see the "big picture" for a change.

You just know there have to be other pockets of survivors, particularly with the continuance of gov't protocols. It would be facinating to see it from that aspect as well. At what point does the nuclear option come into play, etc...

DEAD BEAT
09-Jun-2010, 08:07 PM
interesting.

Instead he chose to return to a clausterphobic setting with a pocket of survivors going at each other. Something we have seen from him before.

cool! thought i lost you for a minute dude! i totally agree it could have surpassed Dawn if they keep that momentum up from the beginning!:D;)

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Oh, wait. I think I have to revise my top eleven already.

1. Day of the Dead (2005)
2. Night of the Living Dead (30th Anniversary Edition)
3. Children of the Living Dead
4. Zombie 5: Killing Birds
5. Vampires vs Zombies
6. Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
7. Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
8. Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
9. Zombie Ninja Gangbangers
10. Zombie Cop
11. House of the Dead

Buy them, rent them, steal them... easily the best titles out there. ;)

Day of the Dead (2005)?:rolleyes::rockbrow:

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 08:10 PM
Day of the Dead (2005)?:rolleyes::rockbrow:

Look at his list, bro-heem. It's a joke.;)

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=DEAD BEAT;231202]cool! thought i lost you for a minute dude! i totally agree it could have surpassed Dawn if they keep that momentum up from the beginning!:D;)[COLOR="Silver"]

No i was always here.

It's interesting though. I even admit that, imo, day is technically the superior film.

However, if given the choice i would always choose to watch dawn. shit, I don't think I've ever turned it off if it happened to be on.

There are so many elements to that film that make it the greatest ever I don't know where to begin.

fartpants
09-Jun-2010, 08:37 PM
now i love the evil dead trilogy but i gotta ask....are they zombie movies ??

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 08:49 PM
now i love the evil dead trilogy but i gotta ask....are they zombie movies ??

Imo, technically no. They're more of a possesion type thing because as we have seen the demons can leave someone and they would be "alive" again.

With traditionalzombies that's hardly the case.

Great movies tho. Especially the first. It has that real indie vibe to it.

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 08:55 PM
In The Evil Dead it's not a virus but an evil spirit that possesses the teens and also reanimates their bodies. Scott is most certainly dead before he comes back, so yeah, it's sort of the same thing.

Good point.

krakenslayer
09-Jun-2010, 09:07 PM
Evil Dead is certainly a borderline case. I've always said that I classify a zombie movie based on whether it has the structure, style, plot and feel giving me the overall impression of a zed flick, not just based on one or two specific factors (are they really dead? etc.). Evil Dead has certain aspects that resemble the archetypal zombie film: people trapped in an isolated, claustraphobic location, beseiged by the undead, fighting for their lives, and one by one being transformed into the enemy. However, it also has characteristics of "possession horror" (the possessed, visually and in their behaviour, have more in common with Linda Blair than Bub) and Lovecraftian fantasy.

So do you see it as a movie about zombie-like creatures caused by demons, or is it a movie about demons who turn people into zombie-like creatures? It's a personal thing and everyone has their own slant on it, and enjoys the movie based on their own subjective perspective. Maybe we don't always have to categorize things so strictly; if someone enjoys watching it from the perspective of a zombie flick then that's fine, if someone else gets more from the movie by viewing it as a demonic horror, that's cool too.

DEAD BEAT
09-Jun-2010, 10:06 PM
Look at his list, bro-heem. It's a joke.;)

lol i know didn't wanna say nothing but either he doesnt know what hes talking about or he really needs guidance! lol

again not 2 be mean....after all we all were rookies once!;):hyper::stunned:

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

[QUOTE=DEAD BEAT;231202]cool! thought i lost you for a minute dude! i totally agree it could have surpassed Dawn if they keep that momentum up from the beginning!:D;)[COLOR="Silver"]

No i was always here.

It's interesting though. I even admit that, imo, day is technically the superior film.

However, if given the choice i would always choose to watch dawn. shit, I don't think I've ever turned it off if it happened to be on.

There are so many elements to that film that make it the greatest ever I don't know where to begin.

true about Dawn usually i commit 2 watch it if i put it on!;) I truely believe the reason why its so good is cause GAR really captured the essence of realism of what would really happen if something like this was to ever happen!:cool:;)

Dude i even get giddy the few rare times i catch it on tv...as if i dont own it and can watch it anytime, but i get excited when its on tv and will watch it till the end!:hyper:

acealive1
09-Jun-2010, 10:48 PM
1. dawn of the dead (original)
2. land of the dead
3. night of the living dead '90
4. shaun of the dead
5. dawn of the dead '04
6. resident evil
7. day of the dead (original)
8. 28 days later
9. i am legend
10. night of the living dead '68
11. resident evil apocalypse

Honorable mention: batman begins, return of the living dead 1 & 2 (essentially the same film),zombieland

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 10:54 PM
Honorable mention: batman begins

:lol:

Wait....WHAT?

acealive1
09-Jun-2010, 10:55 PM
:lol:

Wait....WHAT?

u didnt see the undead in that film for a brief moment? they were attacking batman and nearly killed him

DEAD BEAT
09-Jun-2010, 11:40 PM
u didnt see the undead in that film for a brief moment? they were attacking batman and nearly killed him

I dont remember that either....however i do remember myself grabbin' my ass cheeks and runnin' for the can! horrible flick but @ least Dark Knight made up for that!;)

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 11:45 PM
Okay.....

A. Why in the hell would you think there are zombies in Batman Begins?

B. If you think it's a horrible flick, you're clearly losing your mind. I hope that wink was a wink of sarcasm.

Do you seriously believe the people on the hallucinogen were zombies? If that's what you think, that would make Batman a zombie. :confused:

acealive1
10-Jun-2010, 12:48 AM
Okay.....

A. Why in the hell would you think there are zombies in Batman Begins?

B. If you think it's a horrible flick, you're clearly losing your mind. I hope that wink was a wink of sarcasm.

Do you seriously believe the people on the hallucinogen were zombies? If that's what you think, that would make Batman a zombie. :confused:

why the insults man? if i shoot back at anyone i get one of those nice little warnings which only i can conjure up since anything i seem to say is unprovoked.

we're on a zombie board.....do we not have various forms of the undead here?

watch the original assault on precinct 13.....at the end theres dead like creatures much like batman begins.

bassman
10-Jun-2010, 01:10 AM
Insults? I'm not trying to insult, it's just a very strange choice. I apologize if it seemed that way. The losing your mind thing was meant as a joke.

I think I can safely say it's the first time I've heard of a Batman movie involving zombies.:stunned:

acealive1
10-Jun-2010, 01:17 AM
Insults? I'm not trying to insult, it's just a very strange choice. I apologize if it seemed that way. The losing your mind thing was meant as a joke.

I think I can safely say it's the first time I've heard of a Batman movie involving zombies.:stunned:

sorry bro, bad joke :(

they just looked VERY zombie like. they were walking in hordes and moaning and im like "oh shit,bruce wayne's gonna get eaten by zeds!!" :lol:

Rancid Carcass
10-Jun-2010, 02:09 AM
Why in the hell would you think there are zombies in Batman Begins?

Well actually there is a precident for this - he's done Jaws before so why not zombies? Adam West FTW! :lol:

sgrosse
10-Jun-2010, 05:20 AM
1.Day of the dead(I gotta say, i loved the darker side of Romero on this one)

2. Day of the dead(close second though)

3. Night 90

4. Night 68

5 Sean of the dead

6. Cemetary Man

7. Return of the living dead

8. Dawn of the dead 04

10. Land of the dead

11. Night of the creeps

Just a quick list, I have seen many many Zombie movies so these are just a few i could think of off hand that stood out in my memory.

Fecunditatis
10-Jun-2010, 09:39 AM
1. Day of the Dead (the first one I ever watched, as a 10 year old; unforgettable experience)
2. DellaMorte DellAmore (Cemetery Man)
3. Dawn of the Dead
4. Night of the Living Dead
5. Land of the Dead
6. [Rec]
7. Dead Set
8. Night of the Living Dead (Savini's remake)
9. The Beyond
10. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (The Living Dead of the Manchester Morgue)
11. Survival of the Dead

bassman
10-Jun-2010, 11:54 AM
sorry bro, bad joke :(

Sorry about the sand in your vagina.:p

they just looked VERY zombie like. they were walking in hordes and moaning and im like "oh shit,bruce wayne's gonna get eaten by zeds!!" :lol:

They were just people. On drugs. They weren't out to eat anybody....

shootemindehead
10-Jun-2010, 12:15 PM
ha no worries dude got so use to texting these days! lol you know what really bugs me about day? ive read GAR'S original script and knowing what it could have been really takes the gem out of my doughnut! :annoyed::eek:

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Day will beat the crap out of Dawn each and every time. There's really no comparsion.

acealive1
10-Jun-2010, 01:59 PM

BITCH!! :lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

11. Night of the creeps

nobody's jumpin on this guy. night of the creeps clearly werent zombies :p

DEAD BEAT
10-Jun-2010, 04:41 PM

2. Day of the dead(close second though)

3. Night 90

4. Night 68

5 Sean of the dead

6. Cemetary Man

7. Return of the living dead

8. Dawn of the dead 04

10. Land of the dead

11. Night of the creeps

Just a quick list, I have seen many many Zombie movies so these are just a few i could think of off hand that stood out in my memory.

what the hell this is the 2nd time ive seen Day mentioned as 2 movies...was there a version i wasnt aware of?:eek::( "and i dont mean that piece of shit Day 2!:moon:

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Day will beat the crap out of Dawn each and every time. There's really no comparsion.

on that note im gonna go take a shit! lol:moon::rant::eek:

fulci fan
10-Jun-2010, 08:45 PM
Shit. I forgot about Dellamorte Dellamore. Too bad we can only have 11.:(

DEAD BEAT
10-Jun-2010, 09:59 PM
Keep the seat warm for me 'cos I'm next in line. ;)

lol! u got it dude...its the scratchy TP though!:moon::eek:

bout time some one gets it!;):D

I KNOW WE ARE ALL ZOMBIE NERDS BUT COM ON'.....DAY IS MORE ENTERTAINING THAN DAWN? GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK....I GUESS THAT'S WHY IT DID SO WELL IN THEATRE'S...."OOOOO SICK BURN!":lol::sneaky:

SRP76
10-Jun-2010, 10:09 PM
I can't do 11. I'll have to cheat somewhat with some "not quite zombie" movies.

2. Night of the Living Dead (1968) SIXTY-FUCKING EIGHT!!
3. Day of the Dead (1985)
5. The Last Man on Earth
6. Land of the Dead
7. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
8. I Am Legend
9. Resident Evil: Apocalypse
10. Diary of the Dead
11. 28 Days Later

JDFP
10-Jun-2010, 10:46 PM
2. Night of the Living Dead (1985)

Night '85? That's the version with Michael Ironside as Harry Cooper, Morgan Freeman as Ben, Brooke Shields as Judy and Tom Cruise as Tom isn't it?

:D

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
10-Jun-2010, 10:50 PM
Night '85? That's the version with Michael Ironside as Harry Cooper, Morgan Freeman as Ben, Brooke Shields as Judy and Tom Cruise as Tom isn't it?

j.p.

"no Ben was played by Philip Michael Thomas! lol:lol::hyper:

acealive1
10-Jun-2010, 10:59 PM

j.p.

that actually wouldn't have been a bad movie

SRP76
10-Jun-2010, 11:11 PM

j.p.

The fuck?

Obviously a typo. Don't know what the hell I was doing. Actually, I do. I was thinking about what #3 was while typing the #2 listing.

JDFP
10-Jun-2010, 11:17 PM
The fuck?

Obviously a typo. Don't know what the hell I was doing. Actually, I do. I was thinking about what #3 was while typing the #2 listing.

We know, dude, but as the saying goes: "Never let a mistake by another go without flaunting the mistake as much as possible." Otherwise, it's just not as much fun. :)

I needed a good laugh anyway.

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
11-Jun-2010, 07:53 PM

They were just people. On drugs. They weren't out to eat anybody....

lol i can see that shit @ any of my family gatherings! LOL ;):hyper:

bassman
11-Jun-2010, 08:00 PM
Sandy vaginas, or people on drugs?:p

darth los
11-Jun-2010, 08:40 PM
How do you spell tangent again? :lol:

DEAD BEAT
11-Jun-2010, 09:56 PM

both if it's a beach party! lol:D:moon:

bd2999
13-Jun-2010, 05:28 PM
1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
2. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
3. Day of the Dead (1985)
4. Return of the Living Dead
5. Shaun of the Dead
6. Zombie (Zombi 2)
7. The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
8. White Zombie
9. Re-Animator
10. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
11. Land of the Dead (maybe, depends on my mood)

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 06:39 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude, i can't believe i just saw this. I think you've been hanging around me too long ! :lol:

You are now worthy !

http://oldpeoplewritingforteens.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/waynesworld.jpg

ngm231
23-Jun-2010, 12:28 AM
(in no specific order)
1. Day of the Dead
2. Night of the living Dead
3. Dawn of the Dead
4. City of the Living Dead
5. The Beyond
6. Night 90
7. Dead Alive
8. Land of the Dead
9. Zombie
10. Hell of the Living Dead
11. 28 Days Later

clanglee
23-Jun-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm gonna be lazy like Bassman and just copy my answer from the most recent of these threads. . . . . .with a minor edit

1. Day of the Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead
3. Night of the LivingDead
4. Night of the Living Dead '90
5. Dawn of the Dead '04
6. Return of the Living Dead (tied with) Shaun of the Dead
7. Zombie Diaries
8. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things(for nostalgic purposes)
9. 28 Day/Weeks Later (liked weeks probably better)(they might not be zombies, but they ARE zombie movies)
10. Land of the Dead

11. Zombie2
12. Return 2

Gillfigno
12-Nov-2010, 09:40 AM
3. Wild Zero (1999)
4. Bio-Zombie (1998)
5. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
6. Tokyo Zombie (2005)
7. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
8. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
9. The Last Man on Earth (1964)
10. Attack Girls' Swim Team vs. the Undead (2007)
11. Zombi 2 (1979)

Gryphon
12-Nov-2010, 10:11 PM
1. Day of the Dead. (Bub is adorable... I'm weird.):evil::skull:
2. Dawn of the Dead '78
3. Return of the Living Dead (The music... and it's just fun, especially the DVD with the zombie-thoughts subtitile easter egg!):sneaky:
4. Colin
5. Return of the Living Dead 2 (First Zombie film I ever saw, age 12, and adored it and the music. - even made a fan edit of the DVD recently to put the original score back in it!)
6. Night of the Living Dead '90
7. Dawn '04
8. Shaun of the Dead
9. Land of the Dead
10. Diary of the Dead
11. Survival of the Dead

JonOfTheShred
15-Nov-2010, 06:09 PM
In no particular order (and without much thought, so I sure it could be refined)...

Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombi 2
Pontypool
Zombieland
Black Sheep
Night of the Zombies
Dead Set (Much prefer Walking Dead, but I'll give it a full season before I throw it on this list)

I also really dig Night of the Creeps, Slither, and Fido, as well as giving props to the lower budget flicks Last of the Living, Mulberry Street, Bad Meat, and Zombies Wars.

Thorn
16-Nov-2010, 07:34 PM
1. Dawn (Original)
2. Night (Original)
3. Day (there is really only ONE day that remake was an abortion)
4. Shaun of the Dead
5. Zombieland
6. Night Remake
7. Dawn Remake
8. Zombi
9. Land of The Dead
10. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
11. Return of the Living Dead 2

krakenslayer
16-Nov-2010, 07:44 PM
1. Dawn (original)
2. Day (original)
3. Night (original)
4. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
5. Zombie Flesh Eaters
6. Shaun of the Dead
7. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
8. Re-Animator
9. Survival of the Dead
10. Braindead
11. Diary of the Dead

Man, that was tough!

DjfunkmasterG
17-Nov-2010, 10:49 AM
1. The Return of the Living Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
4. Zombieland
5. Day of the Dead (1985)
6. Shaun of the Dead
7. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
8. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
9. Colin (2009)
10. 28 Days Later (2002) - Yes Dammit, it is fucking zombie movie
11. Night of the Creeps (1986) / Slither (2006)

Mr.G
19-Nov-2010, 03:08 AM
1. Dawn (original)
2. Night (original)
3. Day
4. Night (Remake)
5. Shaun of the Dead
6. Return of the Living Dead
7. Children of the Living Dead (stop hating)
8. Meat Market
9. Fido
10. Zombieland
11. Land

krisvds
29-Nov-2010, 01:14 PM
1. day
2. dawn.
3. night.
4. the beyond
5. return of the living dead
6. Land
7. Shaun
8. Zombi 2
9. Le Notti del Terrore (burial ground)
10. Survival
11. Diary

Mike70
29-Nov-2010, 03:26 PM
1. day
2. shaun
3. return
4. night 90
5. .rec
6. let sleeping corpses lie
7. invisible invaders
8. cemetery man
9. planet terror
10. zombieland
11. re: apocalypse

bassman
29-Nov-2010, 03:59 PM
1. day
2. shaun
3. return
4. night 90
5. .rec
6. let sleeping corpses lie
7. invisible invaders
8. cemetery man
9. planet terror
10. zombieland
11. re: apocalypse

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

That'll be sure to ruffle some feathers around here. Or rather whats missing...

Andy
29-Nov-2010, 04:48 PM
top 11 eh...

1. Night of the living dead (original of course)
2. Fulcis Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombi 2
3. Day of the Dead (do i even need to say original?)
4. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
5. The living dead at the Manchester Morgue.
6. The Evil Dead.
7. City of the living dead.
8. Braindead aka Dead Alive
9. The Beyond
10. The Fog
11. Night of the living Dead (Savini's Remake)

I Could of listed alot more, theres easilly 20 or 30 zombie movies i treasure so narrowing it down to 10 (or 11 for some reason...) wasnt easy, but as you can see from my final list, my tastes really have shifted to older more cult movies as ive aged, 5 years ago or so i would of listed shuan and the dawn remake, but these days i really do enjoy the older movies more.

And, 28 days/weeks is not a fucking zombie movie. :mad:

Here's a interesting twist, how about your bottom 11, your list of worse zombie movies you have seen? mine would be..

1. Land (for obvious reasons)
2. Survival (For similar reasons)
3. Night of the Living dead 30th Anniversary (I hate what they did with the priest there)
4. Nudist colony of the dead (this is one of those films you see on the videoshop shelf as a teenager, and get your hopes really high, then see it and boy does it know how to disappoint)
5. Undead (Saw this australian peice of shit a while back and hated it)
6. Zombieland (WAYYYYYYY over hyped, was a moderate movie and i liked the bill murray appearence, wouldnt of made this list if it wasnt so hyped up)
7. Gore Whore, I Got this on DVD about 3 years ago for £1 (about $1.39) and i felt ripped off.
8. Children of the Living Dead (Poor poor savini.. why?)
9. House of the dead (Another £1 DVD that let me down..)
10.Land (so awful it makes the list twice..)
11. Return of the living Dead 2 (I Loved the first, the second just seemed like a really cheap remake of the first, that annoyed me)

You probably notice diary dosnt make either list, there's a reason, of romero's new trilogy, diary is the only one i could stomach.. it wasnt good but it wasnt bad either, it was a decent second rate cheap thrill of a movie and for that, it earns points, not enough points to get it onto the good list, but enough to keep it off the bad list.

Gryphon
29-Nov-2010, 05:52 PM
11. Return of the living Dead 2 (I Loved the first, the second just seemed like a really cheap remake of the first, that annoyed me)

Let's see... the first one, everyone was trapped in a mortuary.
The second one, everyone was traveling all over town and never got trapped at all.

The first one starred a bunch of sex-obsessed foul-mouthed teenagers and a couple old guys.
The second one starred a few young kids who didn't mention sex at all or swear, and ONE old guy.

The first ended with everyone pretty much dying.
The second ended with the main characters surviving and frying the dead people.

The only similarities to to the first movie were the Trioxin being let lose on the cemetary (which was kinda a requirement given it's a SF-based zombie movie), and the comic re-appearances of two of the actors, and some of the music. Oh yeah, and the zombies can talk... which is an effect of Trioxin, so really is just part of the 'rules' of the series, not a plot point. And the two repeated actors' characters met different ends. The Frank-->Ed guy didn't kill himself, and the Freddie-->Joey guy didn't get blinded and go into a rage, he just calmly ate his girlfriend, who let him, unlike in the first one, where she tried to get away. Oh yeah and Col. Glover was in it... cause it's a sequal.

Oh yeah, and in the second one, the zombies shamble unless they're fresh, like the kid. In the first one, they all ran.

Sorry, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm tired of people saying it's a remake of the first, when the majority of the events of the movie are totally different. They have similarites, cause it's a sequal. That's it!

Of course, I'm biased cause it's the first zombie move I ever saw and I fell in love with it, and zombies cause of it... but after seeing ROTLD 1, I still prefer the second one, cause it's got more of a 'zombie movie' feel to it. The zombies shamble in it, for one thing, apart from the kid zombie, who's just fresher. Plus, I love the original (not the DVD) score.

So, yeah, you're entitled to your opinion, but I gotta defend mah movie :) :elol:

Mike70
29-Nov-2010, 05:54 PM
[/IMG]

That'll be sure to ruffle some feathers around here. Or rather whats missing...

like most folks around here, this is a week-to-week thing. certain movies come and go on the list depending on how i'm feeling.

krisvds
29-Nov-2010, 06:21 PM
Here's a interesting twist, how about your bottom 11, your list of worse zombie movies you have seen? mine would be..

1. Land (for obvious reasons)
2. Survival (For similar reasons)
3. Night of the Living dead 30th Anniversary (I hate what they did with the priest there)
4. Nudist colony of the dead (this is one of those films you see on the videoshop shelf as a teenager, and get your hopes really high, then see it and boy does it know how to disappoint)
5. Undead (Saw this australian peice of shit a while back and hated it)
6. Zombieland (WAYYYYYYY over hyped, was a moderate movie and i liked the bill murray appearence, wouldnt of made this list if it wasnt so hyped up)
7. Gore Whore, I Got this on DVD about 3 years ago for £1 (about $1.39) and i felt ripped off.
8. Children of the Living Dead (Poor poor savini.. why?)
9. House of the dead (Another £1 DVD that let me down..)
10.Land (so awful it makes the list twice..)

You probably notice diary dosnt make either list, there's a reason, of romero's new trilogy, diary is the only one i could stomach.. it wasnt good but it wasnt bad either, it was a decent second rate cheap thrill of a movie and for that, it earns points, not enough points to get it onto the good list, but enough to keep it off the bad list.

Land AND survival are the two WORST zombie movies EVER?
You serious?

Andy
29-Nov-2010, 06:22 PM
Gryphon no need to apologise, we cant all like the same things and i posted my list fully expecting it to be contraversial.. im told there's even some people on here who like land :duh:

But defending my opinion, i enjoyed the first film, it was one of the first zombie movies i ever saw and was one of my influences that pulled me into this sub-genre and if i could of picked 12 movies for my pro list, there's a high chance ROTLD would be on there as i said it was difficult cutting it down from 20-25 movies down to 11.

The second one, its not the worse movie out there and if i had seen it before the first one i would probably be of a totally different opinion, but it reuses alot of the same premise, same music, same gags and even goes as far as to have 2 of the same actors reprise pretty much the same roles, i mean it even reuses lines from the first movie. Now whether its intentional or supposed to be a mockery of the movie making process, it comes across as a very cheap remake under the guise of a sequel and im sure many others feel the same way.

On consideration, the whole ROTLD series goes wayyyy downhill after the second one so i probably was abit harsh putting it on my negative list, its just that annoyance thats burdened me for years.

Edit - Krisvds, yes i am. deadly serious, worse than curse of the cannibal confederates, porno holocaust or bill hinzmans flesheater. :)

Gryphon
29-Nov-2010, 08:01 PM
The second one, its not the worse movie out there and if i had seen it before the first one i would probably be of a totally different opinion, but it reuses alot of the same premise, same music, same gags and even goes as far as to have 2 of the same actors reprise pretty much the same roles, i mean it even reuses lines from the first movie. Now whether its intentional or supposed to be a mockery of the movie making process, it comes across as a very cheap remake under the guise of a sequel and im sure many others feel the same way.

Actually, it was an intentional mockery of the movie-making process. I've read several interviews about the movie. A lot of it was tongue-in-cheek, hense the Michael Jackson zombie at the end. :p And yes, there are a lot of the same 'elements' from a production standpoint, but the actual events of the story and plot are totally different. You can't have a remake with a completely different set of events and circumstances. What you descrive above is a sequal, not a remake ;)

A movie isn't about gags and actors, it's about the story, and Parts 1 and 2 have totally different stories, different types of characters (normal people in 2 rather than the unsympathetic thugs of part 1), wildly different settings, and completely different resolutions. One movie is a 'trapped in a building' movie, whereas the other is a 'wandering and searching' movie: totally different dynamic.

Which is, of course, why the travesty of a "Day of the Dead" remake was (even if it had been a good movie, which it wasn't) not really a remake, either, because even with similar characters and names, the plot was different.

It's all about the plot, to me, not production details.

Andy
29-Nov-2010, 08:20 PM
And yes, there are a lot of the same 'elements' from a production standpoint, but the actual events of the story and plot are totally different. You can't have a remake with a completely different set of events and circumstances. What you descrive above is a sequal, not a remake ;)

You have seen zack snyders dawn of the dead havnt you? you just described it perfectly as a sequel :)

Gryphon
29-Nov-2010, 10:25 PM
You have seen zack snyders dawn of the dead havnt you? you just described it perfectly as a sequel :)

No, because it didn't take place in the same 'universe' of rules. And, it wasn't a "completely different" story, just slightly different, regardless of anyone's opinions of the choices of the director or screenwriter. It was more of an 'homage' than a remake or sequal. Same infrasructure of a plot as the original, somewhat different events, different 'universe' of zombie rules. Sort of like the new "Nightmare on Elm Street" - not really a remake either, more of an homage.

Sequals share 'rules' of how things work within the series. Remakes share plot, events, storyline, etc. Homages mix up the two in a blender with generally bad results. NoLD 90 was a remake... same plot, same characters, 90% same situations, made off the same script. Anything less than the simlarity between NotLD and NotLD90 is not a remake. Let Me In is a remake; it's pretty much shot for shot the same as Let the Right One In. Nothing less than that is a remake.

A movie about people driving around town in an ambulance or red "cherry" car, and electrocuting zombies is simply NOT the same as a movie about people trapped in a mortuary and get nuked by the army at the end. Driving around town is not the same as being holed-up in a building. It's just not. Luring the zombies into a trap at the local power station is NOT the same as some old fart calling the army and getting blown up for his trouble. It's fine if you don't like it, really, but it's just not a remake, simple as that, and there's just no way it could possibly be conceived as such, sorry. :)

Take care now. :)

krisvds
30-Nov-2010, 03:52 PM
Edit - Krisvds, yes i am. deadly serious, worse than curse of the cannibal confederates, porno holocaust or bill hinzmans flesheater. :)

Wow. I'm impressed.
Never thought there would be people out there who think that there's anything worse in the genre than Yawn 04 or that recent Day of the dead disaster.

Completely off topic: saw Gorillaz live last week and they had some nice visuals (two zombies making their way through a desert wasteland) running along 'Last living souls'. If you have the chance to see 'em don't hesitate. There's some serious Romero love going around in that band.

bassman
30-Nov-2010, 03:54 PM
And, 28 days/weeks is not a fucking zombie movie. :mad:

I agree with you about 28 Days/Weeks, but couldn't you also say the same about a few in your list?

Andy
30-Nov-2010, 05:44 PM
Which ones do you mean?

bassman
30-Nov-2010, 05:47 PM
It's all opinion of course, but I wouldn't really consider Evil Dead or The Fog to be zombie movies. Granted....I haven't seen The Fog in years, but I seem to remember them being more ghostly figures. And with ED, they were more like demonic possessions.

Kinda nitpicky, but you know how it is. :)

Andy
30-Nov-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah come on, im famous for nitpicking :D

While i can see where your coming from, the evil dead and the fog do feature the dead coming back to life which 28 days/weeks does not.

bassman
30-Nov-2010, 09:23 PM
While i can see where your coming from, the evil dead and the fog do feature the dead coming back to life which 28 days/weeks does not.

True dat. Although some would argue otherwise. I seem to remember a photo from 28 Weeks cropping up around here where a rage "zombie" has a hole through its chest....

Neil
30-Nov-2010, 09:24 PM
How Night90 can't be in someone's top ten confuses me...