PDA

View Full Version : Here's one way to end the traffic camera scam...

LouCipherr
09-Jun-2010, 05:07 PM
Well, maybe not, but tell me if this isn't pretty slick:

It goes without saying, but let's go ahead and say it anyway: Nobody likes getting a speeding ticket. And that’s especially true when said ticket isn’t issued by a human officer but from a machine set up to catch unwary motorists off guard. If only there was some way to get back that lost sense of justice…

One man from Bluff City, Tennessee came up with a rather inventive way of sticking it back to The Man. It seems that the officer in charge of the Bluff City Police Department’s website had gone on sick leave, and nobody noticed when the time came to renew the PD’s URL. (can you say, "FAIL!"?)

Computer network designer Brian McCrary, who received a $90 ticket from a speed camera earlier in the year, saw a unique opportunity and seized it, picking up the domain rights from Go Daddy. Want to know what the Bluff City Police Department’s old website looks like now? Of course you do. (http://www.bluffcitypd.com/)

I guess that's one way to give the police department the finger without getting arrested. :D

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 05:12 PM
Haha... That's pretty slick.

I've often joked that I'm going to make a 007-style revolving license plate so I can flip it as I pass under red lights. :p

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 05:28 PM
It seems that the officer in charge of the Bluff City Police Department’s website had gone on sick leave, and nobody noticed when the time came to renew the PD’s URL. (can you say, "FAIL!"?)

Well, cops aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the box. Isn't that WHY they became cops? :lol:

But yeah, any chance to stick it to the pigs is cool with me. :thumbsup:

:cool:

LouCipherr
09-Jun-2010, 07:31 PM
Well, cops aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the box. Isn't that WHY they became cops? :lol:

Point taken, and most of the time, very true. :D

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 07:36 PM

As someone with an older brother who also happens to be a police officer...I agree.:lol:

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 07:51 PM
As someone with an older brother who also happens to be a police officer...I agree.:lol:

Ouch. :lol:

No offense. It wasn't personal because i Don't know your brother but it's just been my experience.

LouCipherr
09-Jun-2010, 07:55 PM
That's ok, I have a cousin that's a Minnesota State Trooper and he isn't playing with a full deck either, so it's all good. :lol:

SymphonicX
09-Jun-2010, 08:00 PM
Haha... That's pretty slick.

I've often joked that I'm going to make a 007-style revolving license plate so I can flip it as I pass under red lights. :p

I've always wanted that on my car....I'm shocked there's no black market mechanism for this sort of device...

that and an oil slick out the back of the car, that'd fuck up the tailgaters.

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 08:05 PM
Ouch. :lol:

No offense. It wasn't personal because i Don't know your brother but it's just been my experience.

None taken at all. He's not the brightest character in the world, but he admits the reason he got into the job was for the adrenaline rush. The rush is first, helping people is second. :lol:

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 08:14 PM
That's ok, I have a cousin that's a Minnesota State Trooper and he isn't playing with a full deck either, so it's all good. :lol:

Let's just put it like this.

It takes a "special" breed to go into law enforcement, and let's just leave it at that. :lol:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

None taken at all. He's not the brightest character in the world, but he admits the reason he got into the job was for the adrenaline rush. The rush is first, helping people is second. :lol:

Nice to know that he knows where his priorities lie. :lol:

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 08:17 PM
Nice to know that he knows where his priorities lie. :lol:

haha...at least he admits it. It is a pretty sweet gig for adrenaline junkies. Some of the chases he gets into are intense. Dangerous as all hell, but intense.

He's been a cop for about eight to ten years and has already shot a dude's ass off, had a chunk bitten out of his arm(zombie style) by an aids-infested crakhead, flipped his car three times, and been t-boned which resulted in spinal surgery. He must REALLY love that adrenaline rush to keep going back!:confused:

darth los
09-Jun-2010, 08:51 PM
haha...at least he admits it. It is a pretty sweet gig for adrenaline junkies. Some of the chases he gets into are intense. Dangerous as all hell, but intense.

He's been a cop for about eight to ten years and has already shot a dude's ass off, had a chunk bitten out of his arm(zombie style) by an aids-infested crakhead, flipped his car three times, and been t-boned which resulted in spinal surgery. He must REALLY love that adrenaline rush to keep going back!:confused:

Dude, he's gotta pace himself. It's 10-15 years until that pension kicks in.

Otherwise, what is it all for?

EvilNed
09-Jun-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't get it. Follow the rules and stop whining.

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't get it. Follow the rules and stop whining.

Says the guy that's whining about the story line to a side scrolling fighting game. :p

If you're breaking the rules...sure, you deserve it. But those red light cameras often give you a ticket for rolling through the intersection on a yellow light. Which is perfectly legal. There are several things about the red light cameras that draws controversy.

EvilNed
10-Jun-2010, 05:29 AM
Says the guy that's whining about the story line to a side scrolling fighting game. :p

Oh wait, the nerves connecting the dots are about to kick in and oh, oh, OH!!!

Nope. Still no relevance whatsoever. Bayam!

bassman
10-Jun-2010, 12:02 PM
At least these traffic light pains put a wrench in our day. You're worried about Baraka having dreads! :lol: Just fucking with you, man.

Seriously though....these light cameras are a pain in the ass when you get a ticket for nothing. And the worst part is, in some of the pictures you can't even see the light that you're supposedly "running". It's just a picture of your car. How are we supposed to believe they're not just randomly taking pictures of cars to meet their ticket quota for the month?:dead:

LouCipherr
10-Jun-2010, 12:52 PM
Seriously though....these light cameras are a pain in the ass when you get a ticket for nothing. And the worst part is, in some of the pictures you can't even see the light that you're supposedly "running". It's just a picture of your car. How are we supposed to believe they're not just randomly taking pictures of cars to meet their ticket quota for the month?:dead:

I was always told it was law that you had a right to "face your accuser" - how is this even possible with red light cameras? :mad: