PDA

View Full Version : Great optical illusion

Neil
06-Jun-2006, 10:16 AM
- If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see one color, pink.

- If you stare at the the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green.

- Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating.

- It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/image.gif

Cykotic
06-Jun-2006, 10:19 AM
woah... trippy....

Danny
06-Jun-2006, 11:07 AM
*takes drag from joint* ....woah man.....its like......schawwwar.....an.....frwiiing!.....

"you wanna get high".

bassman
06-Jun-2006, 12:02 PM
That's pretty cool.

All this spinning is making me nauseous:barf: ....

Adrenochrome
06-Jun-2006, 12:26 PM
Very cool!!
Here's one of my favorites - you need to download a small animated gif and stare at it full screen. Just do what the instructions say above the download.
It's INSANE!!!

EvilNed
06-Jun-2006, 12:39 PM
Very cool!!
Here's one of my favorites - you need to download a small animated gif and stare at it full screen. Just do what the instructions say above the download.
It's INSANE!!!

Well... Where is it? :p

Adrenochrome
06-Jun-2006, 12:45 PM
Well... Where is it? :p
LOL......whooooops!!!! I haven't had coffee yet.....here is the link....sorry guys!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/magic/optical.html
the file is optical.exe not a gif like I thought....but it's safe.

HLS
06-Jun-2006, 01:34 PM
That is way cool and wild.

Purge
06-Jun-2006, 09:55 PM
Aaaah, my hand was inflating! I felt like the Toxic Avenger. :lol: Very neat.

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2006, 10:07 PM
Pretty cool, it's like when you stare at a monitor and then look at it with your peripheral vision - it flickers like you see on TV in a news report with monitors in the background ... usually at an angle. Also, when looking at something in the dark like a small light source - e.g. watch some tv in the dark and then turn it off, the screen will have a slight glow. Look directly at it and it's black like normal, look away even slightly and you see the residual glow. Same goes for seeing some things in the dark, looking directly at them they're just mixed into the darkness, look to the side a bit with your peripheral vision and you can make it out.

Interesting, don't know what causes it, but I've noticed this before and had endless fun with it...well...

Griff
07-Jun-2006, 08:20 AM
Here's one I discovered. Look straight at your computer monitor. Now, stick out your tongue and start blowing 'raspberries'... farts, if you will. The louder and more violent the better.

MinionZombie
07-Jun-2006, 09:38 AM
You mean the screen jiggles or something?

I've noticed if I look at my alarm clock (digital display) while eating something crunchy, the numbers jiggle around, it's funny but cool.

MaximusIncredulous
07-Jun-2006, 10:31 PM
Here's one I discovered. Look straight at your computer monitor. Now, stick out your tongue and start blowing 'raspberries'... farts, if you will. The louder and more violent the better.

Cool! There are rainbows all over my screen.

Oh wait, that's prism-spit from the raspberries.