PDA

View Full Version : Zombie war anaolgy used by cnbc?!

LouCipherr
11-Jun-2010, 02:30 PM
wow..

In Crisis, Like Zombie War, You Can't Save All (http://www.cnbc.com/id/37570408)

Love the pic they used too. :D

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2010, 02:39 PM
Nothing like using a pic from DAWN 04 and then go on to talk about slow zombies.

Kind of moronic, but then again he or CNBC are probably not zombie fans like we are and therefore don't understand the error of their ways.

bassman
11-Jun-2010, 02:40 PM
Ugh. Put aside the fact that I don't consider Dawn04 a good zombie movie. That has nothing to do with this. But why do I always see this picture? The make up/mask looks horrible, and wtf is he doing? Sliding on his knees? They couldn't find a better shot than this? I know there are better effects in dawn04...

Anyway....this isn't the first i've heard of zombies being used as a methaphor for real life events. I think someone posted a video of CNN saying something similar. Nice to know zombies are still in the public's mind.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2010, 02:56 PM
But why do I always see this picture? The make up/mask looks horrible, and wtf is he doing? Sliding on his knees? They couldn't find a better shot than this?

The worst thing about that pic is that (in the color version) under the material of the tattered, flapping shirt, you can clearly see pink, relatively healthy skin in stark contrast to the greenish decayed flesh of the face make up.

LouCipherr
11-Jun-2010, 03:48 PM
Nothing like using a pic from DAWN 04 and then go on to talk about slow zombies.

Kind of moronic, but then again he or CNBC are probably not zombie fans like we are and therefore don't understand the error of their ways.

I was gonna say, Dj, it's not like CNBC is the smartest bananas in the bunch. :lol:

darth los
11-Jun-2010, 03:56 PM
Ugh. Put aside the fact that I don't consider Dawn04 a good zombie movie.

Well buddy, unlike with land, people actually know this movie exists.

You don't find it wierd that for being a Universal film that it virtually no airplay?

:cool:

bassman
11-Jun-2010, 04:22 PM
Dude....i'm not getting into all that. All I'm saying is that they could've used a better picture from Dawn04. For some reason I keep seeing that same picture with the same wierd stance and the same wierd make up. Looks bad.

darth los
11-Jun-2010, 04:28 PM
Dude....i'm not getting into all that. All I'm saying is that they could've used a better picture from Dawn04. For some reason I keep seeing that same picture with the same wierd stance and the same wierd make up. Looks bad.

Well, the stance comes from being shot and recoiling. The make up I have no defense for. :lol:

To be fair though if you freeze frame half of the stuff in horror movies it looks awful as well, so...

:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2010, 06:23 PM
Here, they can use this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2893353455_a789ec6371.jpg

blind2d
11-Jun-2010, 06:38 PM
Now That'S more like it!!

MikePizzoff
12-Jun-2010, 09:00 PM
The zombie on the left looks like he's dancing, to me. :lol: