PDA

View Full Version : So yesterday I watched Stir Crazy...

LouCipherr
11-Jun-2010, 03:58 PM
...for around the 10th time (I love that movie) and realized today it's Gene Wilder's B-day! Happy b-day, Gene!

Wow, he's 77.. getting up there. :D

JDFP
11-Jun-2010, 05:51 PM
Gene Wilder IS Willy Wonka. The man is a legend.

Anyone who says that Johnny Depp was a better Willy Wonka than Gene Wilder should have their head examined and then their rectum examined for having my boot pulled out of it for saying he was better than Wilder. :)

j.p.

Purge
11-Jun-2010, 07:33 PM
He's a great actor. The pairings with Richard Pryor are some of my favorite flicks.

bassman
11-Jun-2010, 07:43 PM
It's pronounced FRONKENSTEEN.

LouCipherr
11-Jun-2010, 07:45 PM
Gene Wilder IS Willy Wonka. The man is a legend.

Anyone who says that Johnny Depp was a better Willy Wonka than Gene Wilder should have their head examined and then their rectum examined for having my boot pulled out of it for saying he was better than Wilder. :)

Amen. Actually, y'know, it might be more appropriate if we light their face on fire and put it out with a fork. :elol:

He's a great actor. The pairings with Richard Pryor are some of my favorite flicks.

Oh yeah, Stir Crazy - even this far along after it was made, was making me laugh my ass off, and I've seen that movie around 10 times. It's just flat-out hilarious. Him & Pryor went together like the peanut butter and choclate in a Reese's cup.

*in my best homer simpson voice* Mmmmmmmm.... Reese's....

It's pronounced FRONKENSTEEN.

"Wasn't your hump on the other side?" :D

bassman
11-Jun-2010, 07:58 PM
"You know, I'm a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I can help you with that hump."

"WHAT HUMP?"

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/youngfrankenstein/images/youngfrankenstein_03.jpg

I friggin love that movie...

And about Wonka.....I'll bite. I actually enjoyed Depp's take on it. Had me laughing throughout. *ducks for cover*

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2010, 11:44 PM
And about Wonka.....I'll bite. I actually enjoyed Depp's take on it. Had me laughing throughout. *ducks for cover*

I like the remake better. Never was a fan of the original Wonka Movie

LouCipherr
14-Jun-2010, 12:36 PM
I like the remake better. Never was a fan of the original Wonka Movie

*delivers a swift kick to Dj's sack*

There, now don't come back until you understand that Johnny Depp & that freak Tim Burton had no business remaking that film. :lol: :lol:

bassman
14-Jun-2010, 12:51 PM
The original is more of a straight-forward children's flick, while the remake has enough comedy and little winks thrown in that it becomes enjoyable to adults. Depp's Wonka is engaging and funny. As much as I love Wilder, I can't say the same for for his version of Wonka.

It could have been directed by someone other than Burton, but just keep the Depp.:)

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2010, 01:09 PM
*delivers a swift kick to Dj's sack*

There, now don't come back until you understand that Johnny Depp & that freak Tim Burton had no business remaking that film. :lol: :lol:

I got your swift kick right here mutherfucker. =)

I am sorry but the original Willy Wonka is a friggin chore to sit through. I never understood the fascination people have with that flick, then again I don't understand the fascination some people on this message board have with Land of the Dead being a good film.

Tis a strange world we live in.

Sorry to all the original Wonka fans out there but the original movie fucking sucks, it has always sucked and will continue to always suck. If I wanna watch a brilliant Gene Wilder movie I will pop in Young Frankenstein.

Thank you. :D

bassman
14-Jun-2010, 01:16 PM
If I wanna watch a brilliant Gene Wilder movie I will pop in Young Frankenstein.

AHEM

"Excuse me while I whip this out..."

http://cheerbear.webs.com/BlazingSaddles.jpg

Brooks and Wilder made a great team...

LouCipherr
14-Jun-2010, 03:32 PM
I got your swift kick right here mutherfucker. =)

Blow me, you Burton & Depp pole smoker. :lol:

I don't understand the fascination some people on this message board have with Land of the Dead being a good film.

I don't understand the fascination with people thinking the original Dawn was the best flick ever made, either, but guess what? People have those little things called "opinions" - look it up in the dictionary, it's a cool thing. All the kids are doing it! *finger* :lol:

Tis a strange world we live in.

With you living it in, yes. Yes it is. :p

This is just another case of a movie not needing to be remade. Sure, I have seen and understand the new Burton version was a bit more 'adult' whereas the original is not, but like all the other goddamn remakes out there (minus one or two exceptions) it was unnecessary.

Besides, screw Willy Wonka - Young Frankenstein, along with Stir Crazy, Blazing Saddles, See No Evil Hear No Evil, and Silver Streak (don't ask) will always be my favorite Wilder flicks.

JDFP
14-Jun-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry to all the original Wonka fans out there but the original movie fucking sucks, it has always sucked and will continue to always suck. If I wanna watch a brilliant Gene Wilder movie I will pop in Young Frankenstein.

I don't think the new Willy Wonka sucks, but it's a completely different thing all together (and not nearly as good in my opinion). I love the original and love Wilder as Wonka. As far as Johnny Depp, (here comes the hate replies) -- I think that Depp is a completely overrated actor and just don't care for him at all really. Sure, he's done some decent roles, but I'm just not much of a fan.

The first time I ever saw "Pirates" (the first one, didn't bother with the next two) I seriously thought that Jack Sparrow (Depp's character) was supposed to be a gay pirate based upon his mannerisms in the film. :) Just not my cup of tea.

And sorry to all the new "Willy Wonka" fans out there, but that flick (while I don't think sucks) just doesn't compare to the original by a long shot. And Johnny Depp sucks! :p:D

j.p.

bassman
14-Jun-2010, 04:44 PM
The first time I ever saw "Pirates" (the first one, didn't bother with the next two) I seriously thought that Jack Sparrow (Depp's character) was supposed to be a gay pirate based upon his mannerisms in the film.

That was intentional. He based the character on Keith Richards(who appears as his father in the third film) and made him slightly "gay".

If you doubt Depp's acting. Consider two things. What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Donnie Brasco. Those alone make him great. :)

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't think the new Willy Wonka sucks, but it's a completely different thing all together (and not nearly as good in my opinion). I love the original and love Wilder as Wonka. As far as Johnny Depp, (here comes the hate replies) -- I think that Depp is a completely overrated actor and just don't care for him at all really. Sure, he's done some decent roles, but I'm just not much of a fan.

The first time I ever saw "Pirates" (the first one, didn't bother with the next two) I seriously thought that Jack Sparrow (Depp's character) was supposed to be a gay pirate based upon his mannerisms in the film. :) Just not my cup of tea.

And sorry to all the new "Willy Wonka" fans out there, but that flick (while I don't think sucks) just doesn't compare to the original by a long shot. And Johnny Depp sucks! :p:D

j.p.

Your hatred for Depp's Jack Sparrow wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you're a republican is it? :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

AHEM

"Excuse me while I whip this out..."

http://cheerbear.webs.com/BlazingSaddles.jpg

Brooks and Wilder made a great team...

Not as good as YF, but hey that is just me. I really dig YF a lot and some of the movies he did with Richard later on, like See No Evil Hear No Evil, while corny was extremely funny, especially when they posed as doctors at the convention.

LouCipherr
14-Jun-2010, 05:18 PM
Your hatred for Depp's Jack Sparrow wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you're a republican is it? :lol:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics1/facepalm.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2010, 05:51 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics1/facepalm.jpg

That tree looks like it needs a hug. :lol:

LouCipherr
14-Jun-2010, 07:02 PM
That tree looks like it needs a hug. :lol:

Then your mission is clear, Dj. Find the tree. Hug it. Mission Complete. :p :D