View Full Version : Hallmark card racist?

thxleo
12-Jun-2010, 03:36 PM
This would be funny if these morons were not actually serious...

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=7475737

shootemindehead
12-Jun-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh for fuck sake...

What a bunch of :clown:

mista_mo
12-Jun-2010, 07:04 PM
:clown:

That's racist! You take that white face emoticon down now, or i will call my lawyer!

MikePizzoff
12-Jun-2010, 08:45 PM
Are they fucking KIDDING me?!

JDFP
13-Jun-2010, 12:55 AM
Queue my comment about double standards.

Queue reply about double standards being justified because of 'historical events' that can be taken under the context of presentism.

Queue my response comment that leads to another political thread and a bunch of meandering on political issues and the climate of relations/politics in American society.

Yep, my work here is done. :cool:

j.p.

Trin
13-Jun-2010, 02:41 PM
lol - so we're to believe that Hallmark dubbed black whores as ominous? I mean, out of all the verbiage to insult another race they chose... ominous?

This just brings into my focus my ongoing legal battle Crack-whore Barrel. I will have my lifetime free pancakes!!

blind2d
13-Jun-2010, 09:47 PM
Okay... no, stupid card idea in the first place... it's not intentionally racist, but it's also a crap idea from the start... I mean, the solar system doesn't have black holes in it! What the hell? Just a big void of intelligence here is all I see...

axlish
13-Jun-2010, 09:50 PM
I just saw this card in Walmart and I would have bought it if it weren't $9.00. It clearly says BLACK HOLES.

shootemindehead
14-Jun-2010, 01:29 AM
That's racist! You take that white face emoticon down now, or i will call my lawyer!

It's OK Mo, it's a black lad underneath the clown makeup.

strayrider
14-Jun-2010, 07:38 AM
It's OK Mo, it's a black lad underneath the clown makeup.

:shifty: <--- This is racist.

-stray-

MikePizzoff
14-Jun-2010, 10:44 AM
I just saw this card in Walmart and I would have bought it if it weren't $9.00. It clearly says BLACK HOLES.

I could tell that just from the video.

darth los
14-Jun-2010, 06:17 PM
:shifty: <--- This is racist.

-stray-

Exactly!

Why is the only black emoticon the "shifty" one.

I've got you now neil! :lol:

:cool:

Tricky
14-Jun-2010, 06:23 PM
Exactly!

Why is the only black emoticon the "shifty" one.

I've got you now neil! :lol:

:lol::lol:

darth los
14-Jun-2010, 06:27 PM
Queue my comment about double standards.

Queue reply about double standards being justified because of 'historical events' that can be taken under the context of presentism.

Queue my response comment that leads to another political thread and a bunch of meandering on political issues and the climate of relations/politics in American society.

Yep, my work here is done. :cool:

j.p.

I think I actually have those ready to go. :p

I'm on it ! :hyper:

Trin
16-Jun-2010, 02:23 PM
I went back and listened to this even closer and I heard even more "L" sounds replaced with "R" sounds. I believe now that it says "Brack whores". The Oriental community is the real victim here.

Ghostdude
17-Jun-2010, 02:54 PM
Im a Black Hole and Im Deeply offended by this!:rant:

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 03:20 PM
Im a Black Hole and Im Deeply offended by this!:rant:

I've been with a couple of women that were black holes as well. :elol:

Ghostdude
17-Jun-2010, 03:26 PM
Some people have way to much free time on their hands.I hear if you play the message backwards it tells you to worship Satan and kill yourself.:rolleyes:

Bruiser235
19-Jun-2010, 03:15 AM
Nah, it's not racist. Just stupid and annoying. People need to focus on what's important, like Kate Gosselin and Lady Gaga!

DubiousComforts
19-Jun-2010, 06:08 AM
Any graduate beyond the level of nursery school should be insulted to receive that card. No child left behind indeed.